What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Tom Brady, TB (1 Viewer)

Anyone else feel like all these "miracle finishes" lately are a set-up to make the movie more believable?

Is there any doubt that we will see a weekly 17-16 last second victory from now to Feb? He'll probably show up the flag football game in Vegas and win that too.
Ha - he’s not winning anything this year. The team is a mess.
Carolina is about to blow their doors off. Unlikely they even make the playoffs. They're terrible.

Tom is completely checked out on the season and is only concerned with protecting himself for next year's team or retirement. They've lost to PJ Walker, Pickett/Trubisky, Jacoby Brissett, Brock Purdy, and almost lost to Trace McSorely. That's how bad he's been that he can't outscore these guys. They've scored more than 21 points just 3 times all season.

You all said this man was washed. Lmao.
Not me but I thought Evans was washed so look just as off right now.

Coming into the game this week his numbers were almost idential to Herberts, fairly similar to some other seasons in Brady's past when he was much younger. None of which is to say he played great this year, but it is to say that maybe other things are at play when he does not play up to standards and people might be to quick to just tag him with the washed label because he's old.

I can't imagine taking a victory lap after beating a crappy Panthers team to win your division with an 8-8 record, but TB12 fans are special.

He finally played well this season. Congrats? :lol:

They had to run Josh Norman’s corpse out there today. Luckily they kept leaving Evans one on one for some reason.

I doubt Dallas does that and Brady is going to curl up like a pork rind with Parsons bearing down on him.

I love that they won this game and finally showed a pulse, but he’s done.

They had to run Josh Norman’s corpse out there today. Luckily they kept leaving Evans one on one for some reason.

I doubt Dallas does that and Brady is going to curl up like a pork rind with Parsons bearing down on him.

Buddy he launched one 58 yards in the air today. Get real.

Also I believe Norman played 2 snaps.

Should have played a few more considering the way Evans was torching #24.

Hope we get this Brady in the playoffs. I’m not holding my breath considering what we’ve seen all year.

Hope we get this Brady Evans and O Line in the playoffs. I’m not holding my breath considering what we’ve seen all year.

fixed.

As a pessimistic Cowboys fan, while I expect the Cowboys to schematically play a better game than the Panthers, I believe Tampa wins a 21-17 game.

Brady is still good enough.

Still dangerous if given time to throw. The line has been the issue. Still headed to washed. Father time still catches up to even the Brady/LeBron types eventually.

Father time still catches up to even the Brady/LeBron types eventually

Not many people are debating that, though. We're saying it's a few years away. It will surely come. But not this year and probably not (note I said probably because I can see some decline) yet, at least relative to other starters in the league who truly cannot process the game like he can.

One thing -- he'll be great in the booth, but a terrible coach. There's no way other guys have his work ethic and gifts of processing. He'd just be the hardest dude to play for. Even Jordan went into ownership and not coaching. He'd been a coach on the floor all those years.

That was just a side tangent.

Hope we get this Brady Evans and O Line in the playoffs. I’m not holding my breath considering what we’ve seen all year.

fixed.
Obviously I've watched the team all year. That was really the first game he looked willing to stand in the pocket for longer than two seconds. There have been ample opportunities for him to hold the ball a little longer to throw it down the field. He chooses to take the check down first to avoid getting hit. Yesterday looked like vintage Bucs Brady.

The line hasn't been great, but it has been better than it was early in the season. I think he got gun shy mentally for a bit. Yesterday he flipped a switch. I hope it stays on. He obviously had plenty of snaps with great protection and took advantage. He has to trust it.

fixed.
Obviously I've watched the team all year. That was really the first game he looked willing to stand in the pocket for longer than two seconds. There have been ample opportunities for him to hold the ball a little longer to throw it down the field. He chooses to take the check down first to avoid getting hit. Yesterday looked like vintage Bucs Brady.

The line hasn't been great, but it has been better than it was early in the season. I think he got gun shy mentally for a bit. Yesterday he flipped a switch. I hope it stays on. He obviously had plenty of snaps with great protection and took advantage. He has to trust it.
It stands to reason he didn’t want to get hit this year because they have no chance without him, but with the season ending with any loss he may as well let it rip.

Bloom had Brady ranked 17th QB this week and Minshew ranked 4th.......why in gods name did I look at rankings I have not looked at them since like week 2 when I got pushed into the wrong direction to start Evans over Waddle ironically when Waddle went balistic. :wall:

Father time still catches up to even the Brady/LeBron types eventually

Not many people are debating that, though. We're saying it's a few years away. It will surely come. But not this year and probably not (note I said probably because I can see some decline) yet, at least relative to other starters in the league who truly cannot process the game like he can.

One thing -- he'll be great in the booth, but a terrible coach. There's no way other guys have his work ethic and gifts of processing. He'd just be the hardest dude to play for. Even Jordan went into ownership and not coaching. He'd been a coach on the floor all those years.

That was just a side tangent.
I’m not so sure he’d be great in the booth. Think he could be another Brees

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports there is "a chance" Tom Brady does not return to the Buccanneers for the 2023 season.​

Brady is a free agent at the end of the year. He could, once again, hang up the cleats or he may look to switch teams once again. Rapoport listed the Bucs, 49ers, Titans, and Raiders as franchises that would consider signing Brady. If the Bucs make a deep run in the playoffs, Brady would probably consider running it back another time in Tampa Bay. However, a quick postseason exit on Monday could cause the 45-year-old quarterback to look for a new home in the spring.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Jan 15, 2023, 9:40 AM ET

Bloom had Brady ranked 17th QB this week and Minshew ranked 4th.......why in gods name did I look at rankings I have not looked at them since like week 2 when I got pushed into the wrong direction to start Evans over Waddle ironically when Waddle went balistic. :wall:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports there is "a chance" Tom Brady does not return to the Buccanneers for the 2023 season.​

Brady is a free agent at the end of the year. He could, once again, hang up the cleats or he may look to switch teams once again. Rapoport listed the Bucs, 49ers, Titans, and Raiders as franchises that would consider signing Brady. If the Bucs make a deep run in the playoffs, Brady would probably consider running it back another time in Tampa Bay. However, a quick postseason exit on Monday could cause the 45-year-old quarterback to look for a new home in the spring.
RELATED:

RELATED:
If the 49ers being in Brady I’m gonna puke.

And then I’m gonna watch him win 2 more super bowls.

Doubt he would go to the Raiders. The problem with the Raiders is thier defense is terrible.
Unless Tennessee addresses the OL big time, he’d get crushed there. I like the idea if he’s willing to give his good Buddy Mike a discount.

I am at 75% back to Tampa now, reading the tea leaves. It’s Tampa or retirement imo.
Not saying I disagree, but based on what?
A few Tampa media reports and a guy I know who knows things. Which of course I don’t expect anybody to put stock in, but jmo.

For the most legit sources, Rick Stroud and Scott Reynolds (local media) have gone from “enjoy it while it lasts” in midseason to now writing articles about how it seems likely he’s returning.

From Brady's perspective, 49ers are perfect, assuming he wants to play 1-2 more seasons:
  • He grew up 20 minutes from the stadium
  • Unsettled QB situation, so not unreasonable he could be signed to start
  • Strong coaching staff, including one of the most creative offensive minds in the NFL
  • Great OL -- PFF graded the 49ers as #4 in pass blocking this season
  • Great skill players in McCaffrey, Deebo, Aiyuk, and Kittle
  • Best defense in the league
They are an obvious contender with good QB play... they are an obvious contender this season with 2nd year Lance, Garoppolo, and rookie "Mr. Irrelevant" Purdy.

The real question is on the 49ers side. Do they want to sign him to a 2 year, $50M contract or thereabouts and let Lance and Purdy learn behind him? Or just roll with Lance and Purdy and allocate that $25M/year elsewhere?

If I were the 49ers, I would roll with Lance and Purdy, but you never know how their ownership, front office, and coaching staff will feel about it.

Think Brady would take SF or Miami if available but it's very possible neither are, in which case the Bucs might be better than any other available option.

You may be right. He proved to Bill he can win a super bowl without him. Unless somebody can get his ex-wife to tell him he's washed up he actually might retire.

Tom Brady completed 35-of-66 passes for 351 yards, two touchdowns, and an interception in the Bucs' 31-14, Wild Card Round loss to the Cowboys.​

Brady's loss to Tampa Bay perfectly encapsulated his regular season. He was given no support from the ground game and appeared to be on a different page than his receivers on multiple occasions. Playing from behind then forced him to drop back an absurd amount of times. In this case, it resulted in him setting a career-high in pass attempts in a playoff game. Last week, Brady set the record for pass attempts and completions in a single season. It was that type of season for Brady. He was asked to do a lot, but could only muster so much at the age of 45. Brady's touchdown rate of 3.4 percent was a career-low and his mark of 6.4 yards per attempt trailed only his 2002 campaign. After a brief retirement in the offseason only to come back for a one-and-done playoff appearance, Brady will undoubtedly think about hanging up the cleats for good this time around. If he does, he will go down as the greatest to ever play the game. If he doesn't, Brady will hit the open market as an unrestricted free agent. The Bucs, 49ers, Titans, and Raiders are all teams that would reportedly consider pursuing Brady. Per usual, expect another dramatic offseason from the GOAT.
Jan 16, 2023, 11:55 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread