What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: “this team is really good” a terrified Minnesota fan mumbles to himself (24 Viewers)

Best of 3 with Denver having home court advantage. Let's go!
When this series started, I didn’t think either team would beat the other in anything less than 6 games. I thought Denver had a 60-65% chance to win the series—but that the Wolves had a chance. We’re 4 games in so far—two blowouts by Minnesota, one blowout by Denver, and a tough fought win for Denver. Denvers experience came in handy in games 3 and 4 (as well as the leagues decision to not suspend Murray for game 3)—but as you said—it’s a 3 game series now. Let’s hope that Minnesota regroups so that we can see how these teams look against each other when both are playing at their best.
Minnesota won Game 1 by 7

Not a blowout, really

Best of 3 with Denver having home court advantage. Let's go!
When this series started, I didn’t think either team would beat the other in anything less than 6 games. I thought Denver had a 60-65% chance to win the series—but that the Wolves had a chance. We’re 4 games in so far—two blowouts by Minnesota, one blowout by Denver, and a tough fought win for Denver. Denvers experience came in handy in games 3 and 4 (as well as the leagues decision to not suspend Murray for game 3)—but as you said—it’s a 3 game series now. Let’s hope that Minnesota regroups so that we can see how these teams look against each other when both are playing at their best.
Let's not. I'm totally okay with two easy wins for the Nuggets.

I’m excited about the Pistons draft. Two guys projected to go around #5 are Matas Buzelis and Zacharrie Risacher, both the type of offensively skilled forward that would fit perfectly alongside their current core.

G: Cunningham
G: Ivey
F: Ausar
F: Buzelis / Risacher
C: Duren

Give that group 3 years to develop and play together, with the kind of coaching they have no chance to get in Detroit because they made a lifetime commitment to Monty Williams, have them all stay healthy and hit their 90th percentile outcomes, and I’m confident that lineup could win 35 games and get the absolute living **** kicked out of it in a 9/10 play-in game.

Great time to be a Pistons fan.

I’m excited about the Pistons draft. Two guys projected to go around #5 are Matas Buzelis and Zacharrie Risacher, both the type of offensively skilled forward that would fit perfectly alongside their current core.

Give that group 3 years to develop and play together, with the kind of coaching they have no chance to get in Detroit because they made a lifetime commitment to Monty Williams, have them all stay healthy and hit their 90th percentile outcomes, and I’m confident that lineup could win 35 games and get the absolute living **** kicked out of it in a 9/10 play-in game.

Clingan seems more Troy Weaver's style, wouldn't wanna ever put any shooting around Cade.

I'll be disappointed if the Spurs do not draft either Buzelis or Risacher with the #4, assuming both are not snatched up in the top 3. Currently my preference is Buzelis, but the results of the combine could sway my opinion. Then either Reed Sheppard or Dillingham with the #8 (prefer Sheppard, but likely gone by #8). If both are gone, them I prefer a doubledown at wing with Cody Williams.

Not too thrilled at the prospect of drafting Topic, primarily because of health concerns and small body of work. Also, that giraffe neck ain't fooling anyone. He has the shoulder heighth of a 6'3 player, but maybe his wingspan can compensate for it.

Reading through some of the early draft guides, and it is pretty depressing. This draft has major 2013 vibes. I'm sure there will be some all stars that emerge but good luck finding them.

Bill Simmons made a claim that NBC is getting the third portion of the NBA contract and TNT is not. Such a bummer, if true, for fans of Inside the NBA.

If NBC is smart they would just bring the TNT cast with them.
Ernie Johnson has previously said he’s not leaving TNT.

That is a bummer.

I think Shaq and Kenny are replaceable and that show is still what it is. Ernie and Chuck aren't unless they groom someone to take their spots.

Bill Simmons made a claim that NBC is getting the third portion of the NBA contract and TNT is not. Such a bummer, if true, for fans of Inside the NBA.

That is a bummer.
They have baseball and hockey as well.

There are rumors that Prime will buy inside the nba and leave it in Atlanta. Ernie will just do that and stick with tnt for everything else.

That is a bummer.
They have baseball and hockey as well.

There are rumors that Prime will buy inside the nba and leave it in Atlanta. Ernie will just do that and stick with tnt for everything else.

Let's hope so.

Draymond picking the Mavs to win it all
I don't think likely. I don't remember what I predicted % wise up front, but I did say this team is better than the 2021-22 WCF team.

Although, without KP, Boston is very vulnerable. Who could possibly have predicted he would get hurt come playoff time. Highly unlikely, never could have seen it coming.

Apparently the dirty Pistons are sniffing around Tim Connelly. He has an opt out after this season he's likely to take with the supposed intent to resign, but I'm sure some unscrupulous team will swoop in and steal him.

Is Giddey getting traded this summer? He doesn't look like he fits what the Thunder want to do.

He would look great as a Piston though, we need another guard that can't shoot.

I hope I am wrong because I can't stand Kyrie, but I just don't see how OKC wins this series. The lack of playoff experience is showing.

Users who are viewing this thread