What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Las Vegas Raiders thread - RIP Mr. Raider (10 Viewers)

the league won’t suspend him unless he’s found guilty of something. The legal process must run its course and the league will cooperate fully until the investigation is complete. Bla bla bla. And the chiefs won’t cut him unless the press gets too bad. They may not re up his contract but there’s no reason to cut a guy for what amounts to a hit and run. The SMU stuff is conjecture. It might be true. But there’s no way he’s on the hook for it.
The bolded isn't at all true. He's definitely getting suspended. Chiefs' reaction depends on the ROI between how bad the press is and how many games RR might contribute in
Exhibit 1: Jalen Carter. The only caveat is that he wasn’t in the NFL at the time.
I don't think the NFL has ever suspended a player for something they did in college.

The nearest thing I can think of it Harbaugh who is making his return back to the NFL when he was to serve a suspension in the NCAA. The NFL made the right call in taking action so that the NFL wasn't the hit eject option for escaping punishment in the NCAA.
Hence my caveat :rolleyes:
So... I am not understanding how that is an exhibit then.

the league won’t suspend him unless he’s found guilty of something. The legal process must run its course and the league will cooperate fully until the investigation is complete. Bla bla bla. And the chiefs won’t cut him unless the press gets too bad. They may not re up his contract but there’s no reason to cut a guy for what amounts to a hit and run. The SMU stuff is conjecture. It might be true. But there’s no way he’s on the hook for it.
The bolded isn't at all true. He's definitely getting suspended. Chiefs' reaction depends on the ROI between how bad the press is and how many games RR might contribute in
Exhibit 1: Jalen Carter. The only caveat is that he wasn’t in the NFL at the time.
I don't think the NFL has ever suspended a player for something they did in college.

The nearest thing I can think of it Harbaugh who is making his return back to the NFL when he was to serve a suspension in the NCAA. The NFL made the right call in taking action so that the NFL wasn't the hit eject option for escaping punishment in the NCAA.
Hence my caveat :rolleyes:
So... I am not understanding how that is an exhibit then.
I’m getting older and I’m tired sound familiar?

True, except when it was a Raider in question...

The Oakland Raiders selected [Terrelle] Pryor in the third round of the 2011 supplemental draft on August 22, 2011;[68][69] he was the last pick longtime owner Al Davis made in his tenure with the Raiders, thus ending the Al Davis "speed era" including players Bo Jackson, Darrius Heyward-Bey, and Cliff Branch among others. Three d)ays later, Pryor and the Raiders agreed to a four-year contract. Pryor served an NFL-mandated five-game suspension at the beginning of the 2011 season (the suspension being from the Ohio State scandal, but was still able to work out with the club.[70] Pryor was reinstated the day following the team's win over the Houston Texans.[71]

Raiders have signed G Jackson Powers-Johnson. All draft picks are now under contract.

On a side note, JPJ might be one of my new favorite Raiders.
Jackson Powers-Johnson: “If you buy into the logo on the front, it will bless the name on the back. “I'm just excited to play for the #Raiders”.
Here’s the full rookie press conference that quote comes from if you want to fall in love with JPJ (his segment starts at 3:52)

All the other replies from the other players are kind of boiler plate. But JPJ is an awesome, easy going but intense human being who just wants to hit people. Love him.

Watching the presser of Bowers, he seems like a pretty nervous guy in the spotlight. Maybe even safe to go as far as saying he was uncomfortable in front of the camera. Maybe his lack of enthusiasm on his first time walking into the stadium has more to do with that than anything else. We assume these guys will be over the top excited, and be running at 100 mp/h.

And no judgement towards him for it. I couldn't stand in front of the cameras, and instantly become a different person if I feel like I'm being watched.

Watching the presser of Bowers, he seems like a pretty nervous guy in the spotlight. Maybe even safe to go as far as saying he was uncomfortable in front of the camera. Maybe his lack of enthusiasm on his first time walking into the stadium has more to do with that than anything else. We assume these guys will be over the top excited, and be running at 100 mp/h.

And no judgement towards him for it. I couldn't stand in front of the cameras, and instantly become a different person if I feel like I'm being watched.
100%. Just seems like a reserved, shy dude. Not a single red flag about that in my mind.

And D Richardson… man I feel for the kid. Gave the simplest, shortest answers possible. Super uncomfortable and…man, I don’t want to come across like a jerk but…didn’t have much command of the language. Just did his duty to speak to the press and they got him the hell out of there. I now have very fatherly/protective feelings for that kid and I’m pulling for him 100000%.

Chucky's lawsuit just got buried into league-run arbitration by the Nevada Supremes. NFL escapes discovery. Surprise, surprise.

If he can spring for club seats. It’s a pretty slick experience

I like this for us old farts. Any idea what springing for them is?
Anyway he said those 20 yard line seats were the best available. He probably just used Ticketmaster though.

Also when he retired there, he drove a limo for a couple years. Jeez the stories he tells. He was the morning pick up for Marie Osmond and Britney Spears. Drove Ronaldo around for two days and didn't know who he was. Ronaldo loved that. He asked my bro, "You've really never heard of me?" He said, "Nah, soccer is a sissy sport." 🏈
Minimum $500/ticket
Thanks for the info. Going to be trying to catch a game with my son this year, he finally turned 21 and we're longtime raider fans. I may have to just spring for this.
You get in early. Huge bar. Better food. Food and booze delivered to your seat. And you can stay after and hang out at the bar for an hour and half if you want to avoid the masses.
Any advice on the club seats. Going to be looking soon,

Anyway he said those 20 yard line seats were the best available. He probably just used Ticketmaster though.

Also when he retired there, he drove a limo for a couple years. Jeez the stories he tells. He was the morning pick up for Marie Osmond and Britney Spears. Drove Ronaldo around for two days and didn't know who he was. Ronaldo loved that. He asked my bro, "You've really never heard of me?" He said, "Nah, soccer is a sissy sport." 🏈
Minimum $500/ticket
Thanks for the info. Going to be trying to catch a game with my son this year, he finally turned 21 and we're longtime raider fans. I may have to just spring for this.
You get in early. Huge bar. Better food. Food and booze delivered to your seat. And you can stay after and hang out at the bar for an hour and half if you want to avoid the masses.
Getting them is no diffent that scoring regular seats. Just more money. I’d wait until much closer to game time. All tickets are the most expensive right at schedule release

Minimum $500/ticket
Getting them is no diffent that scoring regular seats. Just more money. I’d wait until much closer to game time. All tickets are the most expensive right at schedule release
OK, yeah, I'm going to be coming from across the country, so I'm not likely going to wait til gametime. Thanks for the info

Minimum $500/ticket
OK, yeah, I'm going to be coming from across the country, so I'm not likely going to wait til gametime. Thanks for the info
You don’t have to wait until game time. Just wait a few months after the schedule release. They will be highest price for the next 2 months

Minimum $500/ticket
You don’t have to wait until game time. Just wait a few months after the schedule release. They will be highest price for the next 2 months
Thanks!!! Appreciate it

I am in Chicago and went out to Vegas for one of the first games after COVID opened up... they still required vaccinations to get in.

I didn't get my ticket until either late night before or in the morning of the game (I can't remember which) but I was on the ticket sites waiting and watching the prices go down. I got a single (was by myself for a work trip) ticket 2nd row about 40 yard line for under $300 after all the fees etc. Days before those tickets were going for like $500-600. I could have waited longer I am sure and the price go down more but I liked that seat and didn't want to risk ending up in a lesser seat for much less money.

It may test your nerves but it is a great way to save money and still get good seats.

I am in Chicago and went out to Vegas for one of the first games after COVID opened up... they still required vaccinations to get in.

I didn't get my ticket until either late night before or in the morning of the game (I can't remember which) but I was on the ticket sites waiting and watching the prices go down. I got a single (was by myself for a work trip) ticket 2nd row about 40 yard line for under $300 after all the fees etc. Days before those tickets were going for like $500-600. I could have waited longer I am sure and the price go down more but I liked that seat and didn't want to risk ending up in a lesser seat for much less money.

It may test your nerves but it is a great way to save money and still get good seats.
Yeah, I'm nervous about that since this will be both of our first times seeing the Raiders in their home stadium and his first NFL game. I appreciate the info though. I'll have to decide at some point if I want to wait that long.

Yeah, I'm nervous about that since this will be both of our first times seeing the Raiders in their home stadium and his first NFL game. I appreciate the info though. I'll have to decide at some point if I want to wait that long.
One trick is to look at the total number of seats available. The more there are the longer you can wait. Obviously. But it quiets that voice that we all have. 😂

One trick is to look at the total number of seats available. The more there are the longer you can wait. Obviously. But it quiets that voice that we all have. 😂
Yea, my voice was freaking me out.

The reality is there are plenty of seats available. As long as you are good with wherever you are seating then you WILL get in for sure. For me, I wanted really good seats and saving more money wasn't worth it.... and that voice kept getting louder about it. :lmao:

WEEK 1 · Sun 09/08 · 1:05 PM PDT
AT Los Angeles Chargers

WEEK 2 · Sun 09/15 · 10:00 AM PDT
AT Baltimore Ravens

WEEK 3 · Sun 09/22 · 1:05 PM PDT
Carolina Panthers

WEEK 4 · Sun 09/29 · 1:25 PM PDT
Cleveland Browns

WEEK 5 · Sun 10/06 · 1:05 PM PDT
AT Denver Broncos

WEEK 6 · Sun 10/13 · 1:05 PM PDT
Pittsburgh Steelers

WEEK 7 · Sun 10/20 · 1:05 PM PDT
AT Los Angeles Rams

WEEK 8 · Sun 10/27 · 1:25 PM PDT
Kansas City Chiefs

WEEK 9 · Sun 11/03 · 10:00 AM PST
AT Cincinnati Bengals

WEEK 10
BYE

WEEK 11 · Sun 11/17 · 10:00 AM PST
AT Miami Dolphins

WEEK 12 · Sun 11/24 · 1:05 PM PST
Denver Broncos

WEEK 13 · Fri 11/29 · 12:00 PM PST
AT Kansas City Chiefs

WEEK 14 · Sun 12/08 · 10:00 AM PST
AT Tampa Bay Buccaneers

WEEK 15 · Mon 12/16 · 5:30 PM PST
Atlanta Falcons

WEEK 16 · Sun 12/22 · 1:25 PM PST
Jacksonville Jaguars

WEEK 17 · Sun 12/29 · 10:00 AM PST
AT New Orleans Saints

WEEK 18 · TBD
Los Angeles Chargers

This guy did a 2 year break down on when is the best time to buy tickets

The biggest thing is knowing if the team they are playing travels well because if they do then ticket prices won't drop very much the weekend of the game and you are fine not waiting. I went to the Steelers game last year, there were 4 of us and we sat in section 124 and tickes were like 675 each after fee's. Had we gone to the Vikings game we would have paid about 50% less for the same seats. If you are buying secondary then do not buy them any earlier than the Thursday before the game, there are tons of resale tickets thanks to F'n scalpers.

The biggest thing is knowing if the team they are playing travels well because if they do then ticket prices won't drop very much the weekend of the game and you are fine not waiting. I went to the Steelers game last year, there were 4 of us and we sat in section 124 and tickes were like 675 each after fee's. Had we gone to the Vikings game we would have paid about 50% less for the same seats. If you are buying secondary then do not buy them any earlier than the Thursday before the game, there are tons of resale tickets thanks to F'n scalpers.
Pretty much what I’ve been saying….;)

Phins travel decently well.... not Steelers level of course but not Dolt level either. I think my game was also different because of the whole vaccination requirement thing being something that impacted prices. If I remember right, prices started to drop right after they announced the vaccination requirement.

Pretty much what I’ve been saying….;)
Yea but that guy knows what he is talking about!

almost pulled the trigger on the opener down at SoFi but the f'n service fee's made me so mad that I let the tickets go. Came out my meeting and now the seats I wanted are gone, I'll gladly watch on TV over giving that ******** money away down in LA.

almost pulled the trigger on the opener down at SoFi but the f'n service fee's made me so mad that I let the tickets go. Came out my meeting and now the seats I wanted are gone, I'll gladly watch on TV over giving that ******** money away down in LA.
Come on down. We’re going. Might have an ex chargers cheerleader with us….

Yea, they bilk people on those snd there is no competition. It is a monopoly that needs to be broken up.

Yea, they bilk people on those snd there is no competition. It is a monopoly that needs to be broken up.
It’s the worst. I’ve paid around 225 for a lower deck, level 200 seat over the years at Sofi. 2 years ago. Not the home opener, I sat front row endzone for 220

Even tho its the hated Chiefs, i may have to buy a Harrison Butker shirt

Let's drop it after this comment, but while I don't agree with a fair amount of Harry Butt's monologue, I respect that he shared his opinions out loud in a world that seemingly disagrees. I wish more of us were that brave. And that even more were tolerant of differing views, on... Everything.

Even tho its the hated Chiefs, i may have to buy a Harrison Butker shirt

Let's drop it after this comment, but while I don't agree with a fair amount of Harry Butt's monologue, I respect that he shared his opinions out loud in a world that seemingly disagrees. I wish more of us were that brave. And that even more were tolerant of differing views, on... Everything.

Tolerant. Interesting choice of words.

But dropping it… :)

Sounds like Parham has been working at RG and JPJ & Whitehair working at LG. Also it sounds like Munford has been getting majority of snaps at RT.

“It’s just different this year,” Mayer said. “I’m way happier. I’m way more positive. … Last year, maybe there were some days I didn’t want to come in. I flipped the script.” When asked if the change at head coach from Josh McDaniels to Pierce was a factor, he said, “That could have something to do with it.”

What a :tfp: of a coach. Right up there with Kiffen.

“It’s just different this year,” Mayer said. “I’m way happier. I’m way more positive. … Last year, maybe there were some days I didn’t want to come in. I flipped the script.” When asked if the change at head coach from Josh McDaniels to Pierce was a factor, he said, “That could have something to do with it.”

Crazy how many quotes retrospectively point to new Josh McDonalds being exactly the same lame as old Josh McDonalds.

But for all the **** I give the dude, and to Mork for hiring him, fact is JMD brought both AP and AOC to the Raiders. So maybe it was all worth it in the end.

BTW, link below is AOC on Maxx's pod. Kid did not want #4 and changed it in direct deference to Derek Carr and his history as a Raider, even if unappreciated by (most) fans. Respect to AOC for that, for sure. And more evidence that McDonalds was a total clown show.

Excited to see AOC get a real shot this year to become this team's QB. They are ready for him to be ready. I think he's gonna shock the world.

RAAAAAIIIIIIIIDDDDDDERRRRRSSS!!!

AOC asked for his Mt. Rushmore of QBs... Brady, Montana, Peyton, Rodgers. Great list, especially the first three with the way their games (style-wise) compare to his.

My main issue is he should have said Mahomes #2 at least. Properly respect your rival before (and after) you beat his ***. 1-1 so far. Deal.

Crazy how many quotes retrospectively point to new Josh McDonalds being exactly the same lame as old Josh McDonalds.

But for all the **** I give the dude, and to Mork for hiring him, fact is JMD brought both AP and AOC to the Raiders. So maybe it was all worth it in the end.
I was easily the loudest voice among these parts not wanting anything to do with McD. My argument was that the biggest reason for his failure in Denver was who he was. His ego and abrasiveness just destroyed the Donkeys.

Once we hired him, I read article after article about how he sought out mentors and was actively working on basically being a better person to then be a better coach. People generally don't change. Those who do start with recognizing the problem being honest and transparent with it while being self aware and then taking specific, determined and consistent action to change. I had hoped that was the case with him. I also thought he was an elite offensive mind as well and we would benefit from that. My hopes were built on a foundation of sand.

As you noted, quote after quote from player after player where there is a reluctance to just blast McD publicly but end up thinly veiled replies or comments that all say "It sucked" being coached by him.

We take the good from the bad and move on because we could play the woulda, coulda game all day long and never have a definitive answer but hiring McD was an absolute horrible decision. I LOVE having AP as our HC. He seems to be exactly what this organization needs- bringing the energy and enthusiasm of today's NFL and players which is coupled with a deep appreciation and love for the history, mystic and character of who the Raiders are. AP isn't looking to reshape the Raiders into a Patriot Way West but bringing back what the shield meant when we were consistently among the top teams of the NFL.

Users who are viewing this thread