What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - PM me if you’re interested in joining my Eagles minority stake ownership group. (25 Viewers)

Seems like Isaiah Rodgers really shined at OTAs.

Another nail in the coffin for James Bradberry methinks

And I guess Nakobe Dean is behind both Devin White AND Zack Baun, not the greatest thing I wanted to hear.

With that said, Seems Hurts and Parris Campbell have developed a connection which is a good sign.

Nakobe Dean is too small to play LB in the NFL.
Yeah I'm kinda out on him. Disappointing but the myriad of issues or red flags re his health have just put me off.

With that said, f****** A Howie, I wish he would take the position a little more serious.

And I guess Nakobe Dean is behind both Devin White AND Zack Baun, not the greatest thing I wanted to hear.

With that said, Seems Hurts and Parris Campbell have developed a connection which is a good sign.

Yeah I'm kinda out on him. Disappointing but the myriad of issues or red flags re his health have just put me off.

With that said, f****** A Howie, I wish he would take the position a little more serious.

Yeah, he literally signed a guy (Devin White) who PFF had as one of the worst LBs last year. Upgrade. LOL!

Yeah, he literally signed a guy (Devin White) who PFF had as one of the worst LBs last year. Upgrade. LOL!
Correct, although I am really really hoping it was more Vic Fangio going "I can make this guy play better" which I have to believe is true to a degree.

I have a feeling hurts is going to be awesome. The coaching hurt so much last year

You cant spend money everywhere

I have a feeling hurts is going to be awesome. The coaching hurt so much last year

Hurts didn't look right running the ball last year. He didn't look like he could outrun anyone.

what's wrong with Campbell at WR3? We could do worse

what's wrong with Campbell at WR3? We could do worse

Nothing at all. I do like the rookie from texas AM to some.crazy things as well. They will run the ball.with him as well. Book it

Hurts didn't look right running the ball last year. He didn't look like he could outrun anyone.
I mean, he definitely hurt his knee at a minimum fairly early in the season

11 of Jalen Hurts' 15 rushing TDs last year were from the one. What's going to win out? The fact that they have a legit RB1 goal line back in Barkley, or will the toosh push (and Hurt's high rush TD total) win out here?

11 of Jalen Hurts' 15 rushing TDs last year were from the one. What's going to win out? The fact that they have a legit RB1 goal line back in Barkley, or will the toosh push (and Hurt's high rush TD total) win out here?
I think they will give the ball to Saquon in these situations more than they would have given them to Gainwell or Swift last year. Quon is a different type of back and I'm sure at some point they are going to want Hurts to do this less. If not now, when.

With that said, I still feel Hurts gets an easy 8+ rushing touchdowns. Even with Kelce retired.

He looked like he really regressed last year too. You can say it’s coaching but this year will tell us imho who Hurts truly is. This isn’t Hurts is too 5 qb or hurts sucks post but more he has to prove the SB year performance that year wasn’t a fluke.

I mean, he definitely hurt his knee at a minimum fairly early in the season
I’m gonna say he hurt it in Training camp but the team was afraid to say anything which is why the 1st team Offebse barely saw the field till week 1 in NE. Injury I guess they thought he could play through but honestly he looked like he would’ve been better off missing a few weeks and get it corrected because I think his lack of threat of running really was detrimental to the offense.

Tomorrow morning is the Eagles STH presale for tickets to the Brazil game. On Vivid seats, the tickets in the nosebleeds are going for $1100 each. I'm thinking about buying 4 at face and trying to resell.

All set up for purchasing Brazil tickets. 10am, let's gooo!

Worst experience ever. Got 2 tickets. Ticketmaster is awful.
At least the govt is trying to shut them down at this point. Monopolies aren't cool

How much were they?

I bought 2 more to sell. I got the first pair for $2300R which is $425. I bought a 2nd pair a little lower for $625 for the pair.

I was on Vivid seats yesterday and the available tickets were going for $1100 each in the nosebleeds. Green Legion sent out an email today that they're offering $400 a ticket so at the very least, I'll make some money on the these.

So they are trying Bradberry at safety. Seems like they will keep him around and not cut him at this point.

Also, was NOT a big fan of the Reddick trade, but I guess he is just not communicating with the Jets at this point. Maybe it wasn't so bad after all to trade him if he was gonna throw a fit until he gets a new contract...

So they are trying Bradberry at safety. Seems like they will keep him around and not cut him at this point.

Also, was NOT a big fan of the Reddick trade, but I guess he is just not communicating with the Jets at this point. Maybe it wasn't so bad after all to trade him if he was gonna throw a fit until he gets a new contract...

I've been saying they should have done that all along. Turn him into a Malcolm Jenkins.

I've been saying they should have done that all along. Turn him into a Malcolm Jenkins.
Eh, he's already in and out of the medical tent helmet off day might be over already.

There was a look they had with Slay and Ringo outside and Dejean and Quinyon inside.

And Zack Baun is the starting LB today with Devin White.

Fangio seems to be having fun.

Eh, he's already in and out of the medical tent helmet off day might be over already.

There was a look they had with Slay and Ringo outside and Dejean and Quinyon inside.

And Zack Baun is the starting LB today with Devin White.

Fangio seems to be having fun.

Long-term I think Dejean projects as a safety. He'll eventually take Reed Blankenship's spot.

DeVonta Smith on receiving smaller contract extensions than other comparable receivers who signed after him:

“You can’t be counting the pockets of others. I’m where I want to be. At the end of the day, it’s still life changing for me.”
You can't tell me that the reason the Eagles are able to sign extension after extension to players at or below perceived market value has nothing to do with the culture they created there. Devonta said in an interview just this week "Its a family"

Every organization is run differently, and I'm sure I am biased, but man does it feel like players just REALLY enjoy playing here, for each other, everyone is sort of friendly and its contagious.

Love this team.

DeVonta Smith on receiving smaller contract extensions than other comparable receivers who signed after him:

“You can’t be counting the pockets of others. I’m where I want to be. At the end of the day, it’s still life changing for me.”
You can't tell me that the reason the Eagles are able to sign extension after extension to players at or below perceived market value has nothing to do with the culture they created there. Devonta said in an interview just this week "Its a family"

Every organization is run differently, and I'm sure I am biased, but man does it feel like players just REALLY enjoy playing here, for each other, everyone is sort of friendly and its contagious.

Love this team.

Its not all about the money for sure. Its cool to see some guys see this. Even at such a young age

don't shoot me, not trying to be a hater, and i love the Smith quote here and absolutely think he's got a good head on his shoulders. but just to get real, he's not exactly making chump change. Top 10 wr salaries from Sportrac as of JJ signing, does smith deserve more? not much more i think. I'd expect Ceedee to end up in the 30M/yr range, with whatever guarantees, and I'd say he shouldn't even bother taking the field at his current salary for 2024, which at this point I consider an insult and I'm far from a CD fan. But that's neither here nor there.

1 Justin Jefferson MIN, WR $35,000,000
2 A.J. Brown PHI, WR $32,000,000
3 Amon-Ra St. Brown DET, WR $30,002,500
4 Tyreek Hill MIA, WR $30,000,000
5 Jaylen Waddle MIA, WR $28,250,000
6 Davante Adams LV, WR $28,000,000
7 Cooper Kupp LAR, WR $26,700,000
8 DeVonta Smith PHI, WR $25,000,000
9 Nico Collins HOU, WR $24,250,000
10 D.K. Metcalf SEA, WR $24,000,000

don't shoot me, not trying to be a hater, and i love the Smith quote here and absolutely think he's got a good head on his shoulders. but just to get real, he's not exactly making chump change. Top 10 wr salaries from Sportrac as of JJ signing, does smith deserve more? not much more i think. I'd expect Ceedee to end up in the 30M/yr range, with whatever guarantees, and I'd say he shouldn't even bother taking the field at his current salary for 2024, which at this point I consider an insult and I'm far from a CD fan. But that's neither here nor there.

I think the point is not that he is getting underpaid but that appreciates what he got and where he is, which is not that common among wide receivers and many other athletes (at least what we know publicly)

Also, they key is less the average salary and more the guaranteed money.

I think the point is not that he is getting underpaid but that appreciates what he got and where he is, which is not that common among wide receivers and many other athletes (at least what we know publicly)

Also, they key is less the average salary and more the guaranteed money.
yep, point taken. also your last part about the guarantee money certainly is the priority these days, which I didn't even look at.

Top 10 guarantee WR money at inception. Smith is #18 at 33.9M. Those Ridley and Jeudy contracts... oh my.

1 Justin Jefferson 88.743M
2 Tyreek Hill 52.535M (2022)
3 AJ Brown 51M
4 Calvin Ridley 46.980M
5 DJ Moore 41.610M (2022)
T6 Deebo Samuel 41M (2022)
T6 Michael Pittman Jr. 41M
T6 Jerry Jeudy 41M
T9 Amari Cooper 40M (2020)
T9 Chris Godwin 40M (2022)

I heard reddick was essentially dogging it final months of the year. Given his demands contract wise they weren’t thrilled giving him that

All good here. Right now, the salaries look like they are steals I guess is my point, maybe not so much AJ Brown. To me, the importance was to get this stuff done "First" before all the other WRs' like St Brown, CD, Jefferson etc got done b/c inevitably you're probably paying more as the salaries and contracts get signed and the value of the position increases. Keeps the guys happy and also focused primarily on winning vs perhaps trying to get "stats for the next contract"

And in 1-2 years these are going to look like absolute bargains.

All good here. Right now, the salaries look like they are steals I guess is my point, maybe not so much AJ Brown. To me, the importance was to get this stuff done "First" before all the other WRs' like St Brown, CD, Jefferson etc got done b/c inevitably you're probably paying more as the salaries and contracts get signed and the value of the position increases. Keeps the guys happy and also focused primarily on winning vs perhaps trying to get "stats for the next contract"

That's always been Howie's MO. Everyone thought the Wentz deal was insane at the time but it really only took 2 seasons before it was mid level value.

That's always been Howie's MO. Everyone thought the Wentz deal was insane at the time but it really only took 2 seasons before it was mid level value.
I guess I'm just spoiled with it. I just don't get why other GM's/Teams don't operate this way. People like to argue with me about it in a "It takes 2 to tango/sometimes a player just won't sign early" style of rebuttal and I just don't buy it. Somehow the Eagles have one of the top 2/3 WR duos and also somehow they both got extensions done BEFORE the wave of all these other WRs signed theirs.

Another credit to Howie is he gets out of a bad contract quickly as well. And somehow gets value for it at the same time. From trading Byron Maxwell and his bad contract to the Dolphins to help move up to draft Wentz, to actually trading Wentz and the results of all the trades and players acquired in the aftermath of that trade (including acquiring AJ Brown)

Its just remarkable how good he is.

With that said, seems like the defense is really taking to the new system and the communication and liking their new coaches. I guess BG basically said today "Last year the coaches were not putting us in the best spots/communication wasn't great, but Howie fixed it like we knew he would" paraphrasing here, but it seems if you were on the "the coaches sucked last year" theme like me, you have been proven to be right.

So far.

I guess I'm just spoiled with it. I just don't get why other GM's/Teams don't operate this way. People like to argue with me about it in a "It takes 2 to tango/sometimes a player just won't sign early" style of rebuttal and I just don't buy it. Somehow the Eagles have one of the top 2/3 WR duos and also somehow they both got extensions done BEFORE the wave of all these other WRs signed theirs.

Another credit to Howie is he gets out of a bad contract quickly as well. And somehow gets value for it at the same time. From trading Byron Maxwell and his bad contract to the Dolphins to help move up to draft Wentz, to actually trading Wentz and the results of all the trades and players acquired in the aftermath of that trade (including acquiring AJ Brown)

With that said, seems like the defense is really taking to the new system and the communication and liking their new coaches. I guess BG basically said today "Last year the coaches were not putting us in the best spots/communication wasn't great, but Howie fixed it like we knew he would" paraphrasing here, but it seems if you were on the "the coaches sucked last year" theme like me, you have been proven to be right.

So far.

We're in the phase of the season where every coach is the greatest thing since sliced bread, every rookie is going to be an All-Pro, and all the vets who underachieved are "in the best shape of their careers."

So far.

He must also be a great salesman to get all these players and agents to buy what hes selling. Dude is awesome

So far.
Because there’s a difference in money too. Some owners are rich but don’t have that type of money on hand. Where others have a take it or leave it approach. It helps when both the gm and owner are on the same page too

Eagles owner Jeff Lurie is interested in selling a minority stake in the Eagles looking for around $7.5 billion but he will maintain controlling interest in the team, according to Bloomberg. Jeff has his son Julian moving up the ranks in the Eagles organization to one day take over the team. 

Eagles owner Jeff Lurie is interested in selling a minority stake in the Eagles looking for around $7.5 billion but he will maintain controlling interest in the team, according to Bloomberg. Jeff has his son Julian moving up the ranks in the Eagles organization to one day take over the team. 
That number can’t be right. A minority stake isn’t going to cost
$7.5 billion. That’s pretty much what the entire franchise is worth.

Which is insane considering Lurie bought it from Braman for $185 million in ‘94

That number can’t be right. A minority stake isn’t going to cost
$7.5 billion. That’s pretty much what the entire franchise is worth.

Which is insane considering Lurie bought it from Braman for $185 million in ‘94
$7.5B is valuation, so for a 10% stake we need to set our Go Fund Me goal at $750 million.

I like the blatant pettiness being displayed toward the league here, by the team :lmao:

@Jeff_McLane

Eagles have added yet another title to Dom DiSandro’s job description placing him in charge of “gameday coaching operations,” NFL sources told The Inquirer.

DiSandro, already senior advisor to the general manager and chief security officer, now has responsibilities that involve him overseeing Nick Sirianni’s coaches on game days, a source said.

The change in DiSandro’s title and game day duties was likely meant to prevent the league from being able to discipline him should there be another episode on the sideline with his involvement.

Eagles have announced the following changes to the football operations, scouting, and sports medicine and performance departments:

TITLE CHANGES

Football Operations
Bryce Johnston – Senior Vice President/Tertiary Football Executive
Dom DiSandro – Senior Advisor to the General Manager/Chief Security Officer/Gameday Coaching Operations
Adam Berry – Vice President of Football Operations and Strategy
Jeff Scott – Vice President of Football Operations
Connor Barwin – Head of Football Development and Strategy
Katie David – Chief of Staff to the General Manager
Zach Drapkin – Senior Quantitative Analyst
Matt Leo – Player Development Assistant

Scouting
Charles Walls – Vice President of Player Personnel
Alan Wolking – Vice President of Player Personnel
Brandon Hunt – Senior Director of Scouting
Phil Bhaya – Director of Player Personnel
Ameena Soliman – Director of Football Operations/Pro Scout
Jeremy Gray – Assistant Director of Player Personnel
Cam Bradfield – Southwest Area Scout
Terrence Braxton – Player Personnel Coordinator

Sports Medicine & Performance
Fernando Noriega – Director of Player Performance and Sports Science/Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
Ben Wagner – Associate Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
Dustin Woods – Interpersonal Performance Director/Associate Strength and Conditioning Coach

NEW HIRES

Football Operations
Isabel Pantle – Quantitative Analyst

Scouting
Laurel McHale – Scouting Assistant
Duke Tobin – Scouting Assistant

I like the blatant pettiness being displayed toward the league here, by the team :lmao:

@Jeff_McLane

Eagles have added yet another title to Dom DiSandro’s job description placing him in charge of “gameday coaching operations,” NFL sources told The Inquirer.

DiSandro, already senior advisor to the general manager and chief security officer, now has responsibilities that involve him overseeing Nick Sirianni’s coaches on game days, a source said.

The change in DiSandro’s title and game day duties was likely meant to prevent the league from being able to discipline him should there be another episode on the sideline with his involvement.

The fact that he got a bigger discipline than Kinlaw was absurd.

Users who are viewing this thread