What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dear BoltBacker (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S. Don't forget to put one of your clever "rioter" comments in your reply, so that it may deflect the attention from your pathetic team.TIA

Hey Pot, the kettle just called you black...Raider Fan, think of it this way: The Chargers are terrible, but at least they'll probably get a top-5 pick. The Raiders are terrible and will end up 8-8 and get a mid-first round pick, which will be some DB to replace the ineffective Charles Woodson instead of a gamebreaker.How's that for putting your victory in perspective?HERD

Why should he bring up the "thug" persona of your team, when he can simply mention that you would have lost to anyother team, that is not as pathetic as the Chargers. :thumbdown: Enjoy your victory Raider fan.....worse days are ahead. Last years Raiders or the team in 2001 would have won that game by 17 points, not escaped with a 3 point victory. :thumbdown: The Raiders are done, and will be lucky to get to the playoffs. P.S. I'm not a Raider Hater, I just see the writing on the wall.

yep the raiders got a win...they have now beaten the bengals and chargers :rolleyes: both at home.wonder what will happen at the murph?

There is very little in life that is more amusing then a 2-2, 3rd place team talking smack to an 0-4 4th place team. HERD

Hey Pot, the kettle just called you black...Raider Fan, think of it this way: The Chargers are terrible, but at least they'll probably get a top-5 pick. The Raiders are terrible and will end up 8-8 and get a mid-first round pick, which will be some DB to replace the ineffective Charles Woodson instead of a gamebreaker.How's that for putting your victory in perspective?HERD
Why is it so difficult to appreciate a win without some moron knocking a Raider victory down?? I mean seriously whats the purpose??? :boxing: :boxing:

I thought the Raiders division rival was the Broncos? Oh yeah, you can't beat them so you've taken a step backwards to the Chargers...And as far as knocking a Raider victory down, save the "whoa is me" line. Nobody wants to hear it. When the Raiders are winning, they never let anyone hear the end of it, including a slew of "How's it going to be different" threads that last for days. The fact that the team is suffering for the first time in about 3 years is a great opportunity for other football fans to point out that the other shoe always drops, and we'll be here to make sure you know about it.HERD

As a Charger fan, that one hurt pretty bad. I could sort of see it comming, but you never really believe it until it happens. Great clock/timeout management Marty. :rolleyes: The main thing I learned from that game is that the Raiders really aren't very good this year. That would have been a cake walk for a good team with all the problems the Chargers had.Maybe things will change when Porter comes back, or this will be some kind of magic stepping stone victory for them, but if I were a Raider fan I wouldn't be real enthusiastic about the season going forward right now.

No Raider fans should be bragging about that win yesterday.....Pathetic performance by the Oakland defense

I thought the Raiders division rival was the Broncos? Oh yeah, you can't beat them so you've taken a step backwards to the Chargers...And as far as knocking a Raider victory down, save the "whoa is me" line. Nobody wants to hear it. When the Raiders are winning, they never let anyone hear the end of it, including a slew of "How's it going to be different" threads that last for days. The fact that the team is suffering for the first time in about 3 years is a great opportunity for other football fans to point out that the other shoe always drops, and we'll be here to make sure you know about it.HERD
Cry me a River Titans fan... Just keep looking at that AFC Championship game.. Makes me all smiles when I see highlights. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I find it amazing you stupid F****en Raider fans just continue to make complete azzes of yourselves. Where were you last week when the Donks kicked your butts? I am also positive your dumb ### would have been nowhere to be found had your Faiders lost to the Chargers undrafted rookie squad. Did you even watch the game? The Chargers played like crap and still out played you until there was 6 min to go. Then, in typical marty ball fashion, the D got lazy and the O plays that were called were freaking insane. The Raiders didn't beat the Chargers the Chargers beat the Chargers, the Raiders played like crap and had the game handed to them. If I were a Dumbazz Raiderfan I guess I'd be thumping my chest like a chimp after that win too, knowing I was 2 Jano FG and 2 crappy teams away from being 0-4 myself.Listen bandwaggon "Raider Fan" if you haven't noticed your "Team" looks horrible and got shreaded on D by LT, Brees and a bunch of Rookie WRs. Nothing to be proud of so don't go tripping on your ego so fast.

I thought the Raiders division rival was the Broncos? Oh yeah, you can't beat them so you've taken a step backwards to the Chargers...And as far as knocking a Raider victory down, save the "whoa is me" line. (it's 'woe' ;) )
hey, a win is a win. & i admit the team has looked like dog meat! BUT...! it's still a win!can we beat the brownies?? we might. then we play kc. IF we're 4-2.. look out!by the way herd, in a hard fought division, EVERYONE in the division is a heated rival. for me it goes kc, den, sd, & the old seachickens.

The Raiders will bounce back and put up both good fantasy and NFL numbers, but they will miss the playoffs due to this EOY schedule, where they will go 1-3: @Pit Bal GB @SDThey are simply not "in a class of their own" anymore - the defensive scheme has been figured out, they are in a very tough division, and the defenses in their division have figured out the offense. I see a 9-7 or 8-8 finish, and missing out on the playoffs. They will go the road of many S.B. losers and will miss the playoffs the following year.

Cry me a River Titans fan... Just keep looking at that AFC Championship game.. Makes me all smiles when I see highlights. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
It does huh? How did it feel to get humiated on Monday Night by Jake Plummer? I mean, how does anyone make that guy look like an all pro? Well, the Raiders found a way to do it. Congrats....The difference between the Titans and the Raiders? The 2002 Raiders won the AFC championship game and went to the SB. The 2003 Titans have a chance to do it this year, the Raiders do not. So live in the past and revel in tiny victories such as beating the Chargers and then hop on this board and show everyone how pathetic you really are. Good luck with your LOOOONNNGGGG season ahead. Seriously dude, get that prescription of prozac refilled, it will do you a world of good.....BTW, I am in no way a Titans fan....

The Raider defense looked like a girl's junior high team. Couldn't stop Tomlinson, when they knew the Chargers would be coming at them with the run because they didn't have a WR who could strap his jock on.Old, and sad, and out of shape. They won this one on memory, but the memory is dyin'.

This is the same Titan team that pulled out a narrow victory over these terrible Raiders at their house? So the Titan's barely beat the Raiders= Super Bowl contenders, Raiders barely beat the Charger's= team that is a whisker from 0-4. I am pretty good at math, but something is not adding up here.

I too wouldn't be calling out any Charger fans over that pathetic victory. The Raiders are done unless they pull their collective head out of their rectum.

BTW, we are the hated division rival of all three of the AFC west teams. The only rival we really have are the Chiefs. Historically we have pretty much owned the Chargers and Donkeys. I think we hold a 19 game advantage over the Donkeys in head to head and I am too lazy to look up our record against the Bolts.

BTW, we are the hated division rival of all three of the AFC west teams. The only rival we really have are the Chiefs. Historically we have pretty much owned the Chargers and Donkeys. I think we hold a 19 game advantage over the Donkeys in head to head and I am too lazy to look up our record against the Bolts.
That is true. The AFC West is all about hating the Raiders first, and then everybody else in the division. I don't know if it's the same in the other NFL divisions, but in the AFC West the divisional games are usually the biggest ones of the year. More often than not the division games are up for grabs regardless of the records/states of the teams. There's just a little extra venom for those contests.

This is the same Titan team that pulled out a narrow victory over these terrible Raiders at their house? So the Titan's barely beat the Raiders= Super Bowl contenders, Raiders barely beat the Charger's= team that is a whisker from 0-4. I am pretty good at math, but something is not adding up here.
Dude, if you honestly don't think the Titans are contenders, then you need to put the crack pipe down, clean yourself up and start thinking about your life. This is the same Titans team that just routed the Steelers in Pittsburgh without Eddie George doing much of anything, and whose only loss was to the undefeated Colts on the road....Like I said, the Titans have a chance of making the playoffs this year, the Raiders do not. The wheels are falling off the Raider bandwagon, better get off while you can.....

I love the Raiders and I am glad they won but they have looked extremely horrible this year. Unless something dramatic happens they probably won't make the playoffs but I am not counting em out just yet. We have had a great run these last 3 years and I hope we can return to that form. Hey the Titans started out very bad last year and look where they ended up. I remember people writing them off also early and they bounced back to have a tremendous year. With all that said, even though the Titans look to be playoff bound, they are going to have a hard time getting past either KC,Denver, or Indy.

I love the Raiders and I am glad they won but they have looked extremely horrible this year. Unless something dramatic happens they probably won't make the playoffs but I am not counting em out just yet. We have had a great run these last 3 years and I hope we can return to that form. Hey the Titans started out very bad last year and look where they ended up. I remember people writing them off also early and they bounced back to have a tremendous year. With all that said, even though the Titans look to be playoff bound, they are going to have a hard time getting past either KC,Denver, or Indy.
Wow, I never thought I would see the day :shock: :shock: An actual Raiders fan that seems, for the most part to be completely sane and logical. Wonders never cease....

In one of my leagues yesterday, the team that scored the second-fewest points in the league actually won its game -- but only because it was matched up against the team that scored the fewest points in the league.That's kind of like the Raiders yesterday. A win is a win, but some wins don't justify trash-talking.

Dude, if you honestly don't think the Titans are contenders, then you need to put the crack pipe down, clean yourself up and start thinking about your life. This is the same Titans team that just routed the Steelers in Pittsburgh without Eddie George doing much of anything, and whose only loss was to the undefeated Colts on the road....Like I said, the Titans have a chance of making the playoffs this year, the Raiders do not. The wheels are falling off the Raider bandwagon, better get off while you can.....
Ughh, dude I think you better put the crack pipe down. Your right the Titans only loss was to Indy, but their victories have been against sub par teams. the Steelers are horrible and were lucky to pull off the victory against the Bengals(same can be said with Oakland), which came after their humilating loss to KC. New Orleans is one of the 3 worst teams in the NFL. Head to Head the Titans won by 5 on Monday night and the fact that the Raiders played horrible and yet still were in the game in the 4th quarter is amazing. Yes the Raiders have looked bad so far, but with a 2-2 record and their upcoming schedule, they have a good chance of turning things around. Romo missing the game was big, as is the always banged up Secondary. The Titans meanwhile are not in horrible shape, but with no running game things could get ugly for them. The week to circle is week 7. Carolina will be their next big test.Raiderhaters are a dime a dozen, what's funny is that there are so many of you that concentrate on hating us when we could care less about your team. :rotflmao:

In one of my leagues yesterday, the team that scored the second-fewest points in the league actually won its game -- but only because it was matched up against the team that scored the fewest points in the league.That's kind of like the Raiders yesterday. A win is a win, but some wins don't justify trash-talking.
You sound bitter that you lost. :rolleyes: Traditionally the Chargers and Schottenheimer play the Raiders tough in Oakland and lay an egg in San Diego. Last year Oakland lost in overtime to San Diego and still wound up in the Super Bowl. For everyone else saying how can a team have more than one rival, look at Miami. Their rivals are the Bills, as well as the Jets. The Giants, Skins and Cowboys are all interchangable with being each others biggest rivals as well.

I thought the Raiders division rival was the Broncos?
:confused: Um...no. The Raiders division rival is anyone else in the division.Huge Raider fan here, but I wasn't going around tooting the old horn about it today. Both of these teams have a long road ahead of them this season. The Raiders desperately needed that game to get cohesion back to the team -- coming from behind to win the game is going to go far in getting the Raiders working as a unit again. The Chargers desperately needed that game to get off the schneid. While the I love to see the Bolts get bucked, I think we should focus our psychic energy to present a united front against the Broncos and Chiefs, who are going to run away with the division if both these teams don't get it together in a hurry.

Where were you last week when the Donks kicked your butts? Did you even watch the game?
*WHO* kicked our butts last week? Was it San Diego??? Didn't think so. Pretty sad when you have to bring up the fact that another team beat us, when your team couldn't manage the feat themselves.And yes, I watched the game. I watch EVERY game... because I can.Keep posting though. If it wasn't for the moronic fans of your team, I wouldn't even know that the Chargers were still in the NFL, much less in our division.We call the Broncos the "Donks"... and we call the Chiefs the "Chefs". Do you know what we call the Chargers??? Exactly, we call them "The Chargers"... They are not even worthy of a derogatory moniker, simply because we don't care about your team, and we don't respect your team.Good luck in your quest to go winless. It should be easily attainable.

As a Raider Fan I'm not pounding my chest over this victory. Going into the game the Raiders knew the Chargers would be without their top 3 WRs and and all they had to do was focus on stopping Tomlinson and they couldn't do it. On the positive side the offense showed some promise when they rallied at the end of the game. That being said, if the Raiders make the playoffs it will be nothing short of a miracle the way they have been playing.

I will stay on my bandwagon and you can stay on yours thanks. Tell me, would the Super-bowl contending Titans beaten the lowly Faiders in Oakland? Better hope you lock up home field.

Excuse me, is this the line for bashing the Raiders?This has got to be the funniest thread on the board tonight; Rioter fans thumping their chests about an OT win at home over a winless team. :D

Yup, the rioters won and you have every right to talk smack if you want. I can take it, so go ahead. If you watched the game yesterday and thought either one of those teams has ANY chance at making the playoffs, all I can say to you is good luck. It was an ugly, ugly game played by two pretty bad teams. I suppose we at least have the consolation that our team is young, and has a chance to improve. I can only hope the Chargers STOP spending $ on WR/TE! Whoever has scoreboard can say what they want, but I'd like to remind you that my first reaction to the loss wasn't to grab a lighter(to burn my neigborhood down) and a brick(to throw at the firefighters). I didn't come up with rioters, you did. Until you celebrate a season ending LOSS without rioting, I'll continue to call them the rioters. If you look back to the SD/OAK thread, I already congratulated you for the win bye the way. Interesting case study in how fans of different frachises react to a loss....... isn't it?

That is true. The AFC West is all about hating the Raiders first, and then everybody else in the division. I don't know if it's the same in the other NFL divisions, but in the AFC West the divisional games are usually the biggest ones of the year. More often than not the division games are up for grabs regardless of the records/states of the teams. There's just a little extra venom for those contests.
KC homer here. I think you nailed this one. Division games kind of toss all the "facts" in the crapper. Next weeks game with KC and the Donks should be a wild one. I think whoever wins, wins BIG. Plummer will show what he's made of in this game. He's never played in anything like this since college. Portis sat last weekend for the KC game. Raider fans; Week 7 Monday nite could get ugly if you're guys don't get better. You just haven't looked "Raider-like" so far this year. Surprised no Donks have chimed in here. I love our division, we just beat the hell out of each other year after year!!

If you look back to the SD/OAK thread, I already congratulated you for the win bye the way. Interesting case study in how fans of different frachises react to a loss....... isn't it?
I saw it. You'll forgive me if I don't think that your congratulations was sincere. Your exact quote was "Oakland rioters win. Congratulations rioter fans." Yep, that sounded sincere. In fact, it was that utter smugness after blowing what should have been an insurmountable lead that prompted me to start this thread. You can keep calling us "rioters" all you want. I'll keep pointing out how stupid it is. Lose the jealousy, son. It's unbecoming.

And to all the H8'ers in this thread who are giving me a hard time for talking smack... yes, we may be only 2-2. But The Oakland Raiders are the defending AFC Champions until someone knocks us off. If that happens, I will give props.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread