What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2022 PGA Tour Thread - Memorial Tournament, LIV list leaked- It's all Paulina's Fault **** (2 Viewers)

Thank God that other guy didn't win
yeah, Hovland winning would have sucked
Lol. Love Hovland.

Hate BDC.....and it has nothing to do with LiV.
Can you explain why? I’ve watched some of his youtube channel content and find him to be fun and entertaining
He could be better now but first and foremost was his God awful slow play. Then he always came off as I'm "smarter" than you, kind of smarmy, then a couple of his interactions with rules officials and he just was a put off to me. Wrote him off and once he left never cared again lol

Eta: he could be a fine person irl but idk

Lol. Love Hovland.

Can you explain why? I’ve watched some of his youtube channel content and find him to be fun and entertaining

I'm trying to like Bryson more as I really like that he has a unique approach to the game and like that he put himself out there on youtube for the fans to have access to.

The thing that soured me on him was his youtube video with Rick Shiels where he constantly complained/whined about luck and then tried to be fake nice afterwards. "Omg you're getting so lucky today that's the reason this is still close.....nice shot though you're totally playing great".

Like every 3rd shot of Rick's he would whine about how it was so lucky (even when it wasn't). Meanwhile any time he got any kind of moderately unlucky bounce he would complain about how he's the unluckiest player ever while totally ignoring the previous hole where he pushed a shot into the trees that bounced back out into the fairway (much like that hole down the stretch at the PGA today).

I kind of get it, it seemed like he was low-key embarrassed that Rick was keeping it close for a while (Bryson did eventually pull away at the end) and was just making constant excuses followed up by phony niceness. You could definitely tell his demeanor changed and his joking seemed more genuine when he did pull away at the end.

Ftr I've never watched any social media/YouTube of any golfer outside a couple clips here and there so I can't comment on any of those

Ftr I've never watched any social media/YouTube of any golfer outside a couple clips here and there so I can't comment on any of those
Bryson has some pretty decent challenge videos out there. He's funny, and they produce them well. Stuff you wouldn't think would be fun like "Play 9 holes with walmart kids clubs" and it ends up being pretty interesting.

Happy for Xander. Monkey off his back. Man I thought he tugged that last putt but it went in. Kid needed a major and now they can never take that away from him

Lol. Love Hovland.

He could be better now but first and foremost was his God awful slow play. Then he always came off as I'm "smarter" than you, kind of smarmy, then a couple of his interactions with rules officials and he just was a put off to me. Wrote him off and once he left never cared again lol

Eta: he could be a fine person irl but idk
I actually find DeChambeau entertaining to watch (I LOVE watching guys hit the ball a mile), but what I notice is that it seems like most players really don't like him, and it not just Brooks Koepka. Hovland may be the nicest guy on Tour, but his handshake to DeChambeau at 18 was ice cold. Almost like he didn't even look at Bryson. Now maybe it was Hovland was bitterly disappointed he missed the putt to stay in contention, but I would suspect he would have been very gracious to most other players on Tour.

That said, congrats to Schaufflele. He earned it.

Grayson Murray has apparently killed himself after withdrawing from the Colonial yesterday. Horrible news.
I just read that he died. No mention of suicide, although the article mentioned he previously struggled with alcohol abuse and mental health issues. Did you actually read/hear suicide or just putting things together?

Grayson Murray has apparently killed himself after withdrawing from the Colonial yesterday. Horrible news.
I just read that he died. No mention of suicide, although the article mentioned he previously struggled with alcohol abuse and mental health issues. Did you actually read/hear suicide or just putting things together?
"Apparently"
I guess it doesn’t matter as it’s a tragedy either way, but are you saying “apparently” or is that what you read/heard?

"Apparently"
I guess it doesn’t matter as it’s a tragedy either way, but are you saying “apparently” or is that what you read/heard?

His playing partner was reporting he was off on the last few holes yesterday and was asking for people from the tournament to check on him. Coupled with his history of depression and associated other issues it is more likely than not.

Users who are viewing this thread