What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (3 Viewers)

I just did an online compliance training for one of the vendors we work with and they put up a slide under "Red Flags to watch for".

The picture they used was Michael Oliver showing a red card. Firmino was in the picture, not sure if the card was for him.....

I just did an online compliance training for one of the vendors we work with and they put up a slide under "Red Flags to watch for".

The picture they used was Michael Oliver showing a red card. Firmino was in the picture, not sure if the card was for him.....

I recall when I was doing some really temporary work at my university registering new students, and part of the example material they were using was literally that of one of my housemates. Didn't even make up fake data. Anyway, that's a derail for another thread

My Tigers firing Rosenoir is just ridiculous.

Hope we can get a manager that can take us up to the Premier League...but it likely was the man we just let go.

The next team he leads will probably show how rash and foolish this decision is.

-QG

I watched a bit PSV v Fortuna and the Ars v MU matches today.

The first... pSV losing 0-1 late, the manager made big changes to his formation in an effort to turn things around. Fortuna otoh, were inspired- ceding possession (73%) but collectively attacked defensively when it mattered and looked dangerous on every counter. You could see that each side knew what they needed to do, were doing it, and making changes along the way to fix what wasn't working. Both teams, from the players to the managers, imposed themselves and their style on the game.

Which got me thinking about our US players at Juve and Milan where the teams seem to rely on a couple players having moments and otherwise direction and changeless.

Which then got me thinking about United having not much of either. The games of theirs that I've watched... I genuinely have no idea what they're trying to do. Does ETH have a known style of play? Are the players not doing it, I can't tell what's going on there.

But they did have moments today... garnacho is an exciting young player who plays so young so much of the time with the wrong decisions at the worst times. But the kid is electric and will hopefully grow into his big time talent.

‘We don’t give a s**t! – Bayern Munich hit back after referee apology for howler against Real Madrid
snips:
"Matthis de Ligt has revealed referee said sorry to him for his incorrect call in Bayern Munich’s dramatic Champions League semi-final defeat to Real Madrid"

"De Ligt himself later revealed match referee Szymon Marciniak approached him to apologise after the game.
‘The linesman said to me I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I can’t buy anything for that,’ he said."
The one thing I read recently, and, after watching the replay I kind of agree with, is that the GK stopped play when the whistle blew. He made no attempt to stop the shot. And if you look at it, I would agree and I think he likely saves it if the whistle isn't blown.

Sometimes it is just destiny. This is now the 8th time this season Leverkusen has scored after the 90th minute to preserve the unbeaten streak

That's a European football record 49 consecutive matches going undefeated.

They cruised to a 5-0 victory today in the Bundesliga for the 50th (how cool winning 5-0 for that).

One more match to go against 10th place Augsburg to go undefeated for the entire season next week on the 18th.

And then the Europa final on the 22nd and the DFB Pokal final on the 25th.

Historic, especially this isn't one of the European giants we are talking about.

‘We don’t give a s**t! – Bayern Munich hit back after referee apology for howler against Real Madrid
snips:
"Matthis de Ligt has revealed referee said sorry to him for his incorrect call in Bayern Munich’s dramatic Champions League semi-final defeat to Real Madrid"

"De Ligt himself later revealed match referee Szymon Marciniak approached him to apologise after the game.
‘The linesman said to me I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I can’t buy anything for that,’ he said."
The one thing I read recently, and, after watching the replay I kind of agree with, is that the GK stopped play when the whistle blew. He made no attempt to stop the shot. And if you look at it, I would agree and I think he likely saves it if the whistle isn't blown.
Entirely possible. Who knows? Even if it was allowed, I don't know Bayern could have survived the onslaught for the additional 30 minutes if it went to that.
Still frustrating that it happened.

Which then got me thinking about United having not much of either. The games of theirs that I've watched... I genuinely have no idea what they're trying to do. Does ETH have a known style of play? Are the players not doing it, I can't tell what's going on there.

But they did have moments today... garnacho is an exciting young player who plays so young so much of the time with the wrong decisions at the worst times. But the kid is electric and will hopefully grow into his big time talent.

There are a lot of conflicting reports on how ETH wants to play. He has said he wants possession based attacking style. Rumors are that the board wants him to play a counter-attacking style.

His lack of ability to field the same team game in and game out mostly due to injuries is causing problems.
Poor play out of Rashford, Casemiro, also is not helping.
Also, he is partly through a rebuild, dealing with players brought in under different managers with different styles and the team doesn't mesh. For instance, he would like to play a high line, but with the lack of pace in his defense, they have to play deep. He wants to bring is outside backs into a holding spot as part of the rotation, Dalot can do it, AWB doesn't.

Agree completely on Garnacho. So many bad decisions yesterday.

And now reports today that players are afraid to pass to Hojlund since they don't "trust" him? Completely worthless team, sell them all.

now reports today that players are afraid to pass to Hojlund since they don't "trust" him? Completely worthless team, sell them all.
I liked what I saw of him in terms of big man hold up play... Guy is a beast winning the ball. But if that's not what they're trying to do, then I guess... Dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread