What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Parents of young kids - entire family go to kids friends bday parties? (1 Viewer)

Does your entire family go to your kids friends birthday parties?

• Yes

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 38 79.2%

• Total voters
I would never go to a 3 year old birthday or have my kid go to one, unless it was a close friend and I do not have many close friends. Who the hell has a birthday party for a three year old and invites strangers?
lol newsflash, your kids are gonna have friends growing up with parents you may not know.
gtfo.

totally. kid in pre-k goes to school w/ nobody we really know.

I don't really see the issue with going to these though. Spend time with my kid, watch them intereract with their buddies, meet some new people. have some mediocre food It's not like you're getting a root-canal.

To me these things are the worst form of hell. It may sound callous, but I don't even go to my own son's birthday parties. Thank goodness we convinced him to go to NYC instead this year.

*I also recognize how lucky I an to have a very understanding and accepting wife. Many women wouldn't put up with this. But she does, and she enjoys doing the birthday thing.
You don't attend your own sons birthday parties?

How old is your son?

tommyGunZ said:
prosopis said:
I would never go to a 3 year old birthday or have my kid go to one, unless it was a close friend and I do not have many close friends. Who the hell has a birthday party for a three year old and invites strangers?
Classmates.
I would not go and neither would my kid.. In my opinion that is weird.

shadyridr said:
prosopis said:
lol newsflash, your kids are gonna have friends growing up with parents you may not know.
I have four kids. I know how it works. There is no three year old birthday party my kids are going to unless it is one of my friends kids.

* Edit to add I may even try to find a way out a friends 3 year old birthday party.

Last edited by a moderator:
El Floppo said:
shadyridr said:
prosopis said:
gtfo.

I don't really see the issue with going to these though. Spend time with my kid, watch them intereract with their buddies, meet some new people. have some mediocre food It's not like you're getting a root-canal.
It is a close second. We are talking a three year old birthday. They are horrible.

El Floppo said:
shadyridr said:
prosopis said:
gtfo.

It is a close second. We are talking a three year old birthday. They are horrible.
I've only got the two kids... but I can project forward to 4 and I have a feeling I'd feel just as numb as you do.

With the two, I don't mind going at all.

Users who are viewing this thread