What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (8 Viewers)

Ruh roh.
Really, Sugar? Really????
Ruh roh.

Haven't seen this week, but it's been on the edge of teetering since week 3.
[Spoilerish? Maybe sort of a spoiler alert?]:

There are some clues (especially in hindsight), but it definitely takes a bit of a turn.
After being mostly luke warm on the show to this point, I’m out. This will be the new “jump the shark,” half way through season one no less! I won’t try to name it yet for spoilers, but should be its own thread.

Read the Dark Matter book via recommendation from the FBG book thread and really enjoyed it. Wife and I watched the first 2 episodes on Apple last night and it was good - it’ll be interesting to see how this progresses going forward because the book got wild as it went on.

Oh yeah, and Jennifer Connelly ♥️

Haven't watched this yet, but every time I see it pop up on Apple TV, I get the Pearl Jam song stuck in my head.

Ruh roh.
Really, Sugar? Really????
Ruh roh.

Haven't seen this week, but it's been on the edge of teetering since week 3.
[Spoilerish? Maybe sort of a spoiler alert?]:

There are some clues (especially in hindsight), but it definitely takes a bit of a turn.
After being mostly luke warm on the show to this point, I’m out. This will be the new “jump the shark,” half way through season one no less! I won’t try to name it yet for spoilers, but should be its own thread.

Uh... 🤣

Restarted American rust season 1 because it’s been so long, but looking forward to getting to season 2. Forgot how good I think the show is.
Thanks for the reminder, I'll have to watch season 2 now. I thought season 1 was pretty good for awhile but then Daniels seemed to fold up his character and just do whatever Maura Tierney wanted him to do. Also thought it wasn't as good as Mare of Easttown which is in a similar setting. But I'll still watch because Maura Tierney.

Restarted American rust season 1 because it’s been so long, but looking forward to getting to season 2. Forgot how good I think the show is.
Thanks for the reminder, I'll have to watch season 2 now. I thought season 1 was pretty good for awhile but then Daniels seemed to fold up his character and just do whatever Maura Tierney wanted him to do. Also thought it wasn't as good as Mare of Easttown which is in a similar setting. But I'll still watch because Maura Tierney.
Enjoyed mare a lot too. Wish they’d have another season of that.

Enjoyed mare a lot too. Wish they’d have another season of that.
Me too, but honestly I fear it'd be a True Detective level of disappointment so I'm not too upset they haven't.

Watched the first episode of 30 Coins on HBO

Spanished HBO Europe show, supernatural churchy stuff. Will keep watching

note: subtitles

Also, anyone watch 30 Coins on HBO? Had to bail like 10 minutes in because my wife doesnt do subtitles but it looked interesting to me.
Just finished the first season of 30 Coins and it's interesting enough to get me to watch the second. It does move right along, like when the attractive veterinarian's dead husband shows up alive, they hop in the sack, then he tries to kill her and dies again. But the few bits with the monsters are a sign that the writers ran out of ideas. "Not sure how to make this more menacing, guess I'll throw in a beast from hell".

As for subtitles I greatly enjoy them. Some shows have bad audio quality, plus I've been gradually losing my hearing for several years, so I record things with subtitles that I'll be able to watch again if/when I go deaf. Gotta plan.

Wife and I just finished season one of Hacks (HBO). Surprisingly funny and different. Sort of a Mrs. Maisel vibe combined with maybe Veep and a more depressing show. 8/10.

Wife and I just finished season one of Hacks (HBO). Surprisingly funny and different. Sort of a Mrs. Maisel vibe combined with maybe Veep and a more depressing show. 8/10.
Started season 2 this evening. Never saw Mrs. Maisel and haven't finished Veep, but I'm really liking the show. It's got a little bit of everything and I love me some Jean Smart. 8/10 for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread