What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Theo Johnson, NYG (1 Viewer)

Kent Lee Platte
Theo Johnson was drafted in round 4 pick 107 in the 2024 draft class. He scored a 9.93 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 9 out of 1199 TE from 1987 to 2024. ras.football/ras-informatio…
It is nearly identical to Jimmy Graham.
Just what DJ needs. Wonder what was the reason he wasn’t picked earlier. No one moved up to take him. What’s the catch?

The rub on Johnson is he doesn't play to his measurables or give consistent effort. He tends to disappear for stretches.

I posted his video breakdown from Giants NOW on the Giants thread.

How much of that was due to Penn State scheme or offensive design? Some of what I read was he was underutilized and could use more structured coaching.
I like him but see him as a project in need of development

Doug Analytics
My favorite stat for Giants’ 4th round pick, TE Theo Johnson

55% Targeted Success Rate vs Zone Coverage

NY Sports Guy
What is targeted success rate?

Doug Analytics
The % of targets that result in positive EPA (Expected Points Added). Basically did the target result in the offense being in a better position to score.

Example:
3 yard catch on 3rd and 2 = positive EPA
1 yard catch on 1st and 10 = negative EPA
Drop/incompletion = negative EPA

The rub on Johnson is he doesn't play to his measurables or give consistent effort. He tends to disappear for stretches.

I posted his video breakdown from Giants NOW on the Giants thread.

How much of that was due to Penn State scheme or offensive design? Some of what I read was he was underutilized and could use more structured coaching.
I like him but see him as a project in need of development
I would put most of it on their old scheme. OC was fired in the off season. He had been a huge disappointment.

I like Daniel Bellinger. The Giants have spoken highly of him since day one. He can block well.

If Waller isn't retiring or whatever the talk is now, then I don't think much of this pick.

If Waller isn't there, then Theo has his work cut out for him. Doable, but not at all the shoe-in these post draft writeups are making it seem to be

@WBG84
"It was very wise of the Giants to grab more options at tight end, and Johnson had flashes on tape throughout his career that would make you think he's a future NFL starter. If the Giants can coach him up, he could be a steal." - @nfldraftscout on Giants TE Theo Johnson #NYGiants

@Giants
"You're going to get everything out of me"

📞 @theo_Johnson_

Madelyn Burke
New #Giants TE Theo Johnson: "I'm a team player, and someone that is working for something that's bigger than myself"

Full interview: giants.com/video/theo-joh…

Anthony Rivardo
Theo Johnson is an intriguing pick for the #Giants in Round 4.

He's an ultra-athletic tight end (9.93 RAS) with a similar skillset to Darren Waller. They needed depth there with Waller mulling retirement.

Maybe he can develop into a potential starter. Has blocking upside too.

Users who are viewing this thread