What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Temperature in your workplace (1 Viewer)

Tom Skerritt

Footballguy
Been dealing with a facilities issue at work. Our heating/cooling system is apparently a piece of ####, and they are unable to maintain a reasonable temperature in my workplace.

Got called in the middle of the night because the room temperature was 49 degrees. The employee told me he was going home, because he could not work in those conditions. Calls were made to fix the issue, but nothing was done. I could not fault him for leaving.

Immediately went in to work and made phone calls to plant ops. They were finally able to get the temperature up, but then it went up to 77 degrees and stayed there most of the day. That is certainly better than 49 degrees, but it was still uncomfortable, and it also affects our equipment and abilities to perform our jobs. And oftentimes the temperature will go even higher and reach 80-85 degrees.

Management is aware of the problem. It has been ongoing for years. Apparently replacing the system is out of the question. I am feeling out the possibility of solidarity and a mass walk-out if this persists, but I am not sure if this is the right move.

What is a reasonable/acceptable workplace temperature? What is the play here?

I know that 68-72 is ideal. But at what point is it unacceptable and unhealthy/hazardous? And what would you do/recommend?

I know that 68-72 is ideal. But at what point is it unacceptable and unhealthy/hazardous? And what would you do/recommend?
Company branded winter coats are not only a one time capital expense instead of an ongoing operational expense, they function as good advertising as well.

depends on the line of work. I used to work at a restaurant. Did some work in the kitchen. Depending on the station I'll bet I worked in temps in the 90 range at times. Came with the territory.Now I have an office. If it's warmer than 70 I get twitchy. I'm fine all the way down to the high 50s. I like it cold, keeps me awake. I guess I wouldn't threaten leaving as long as it didn't effect equipment performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
It' ok in the winter, but no AC makes late spring and late summer a real nightmare some years. It has been as hot as 95 in the upstairs rooms.

We've had these types of discussions before. There's no such thing as a universal comfort temp because of humidity.

70 in FL feels much warmer than 70 in NV

Users who are viewing this thread