What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Downs, IND (1 Viewer)

I'm mulling him in two leagues, one vs DK and the other vs Garrett Wilson. Great matchup, has not had a bad healthy game with Minshew. He was Tank Delling like before he got hurt. The fact those players play tonight and tomorrow makes me lean them since the last Downs injury occurred in practice and I'd be runnig risk of a setback and then not having those options.

I'd just say if I knew he was sure to be his normal health I'd be putting him over those two.

Jacob Gibbs
An interesting note I just found on Josh Downs, courtesy of the @FantasyPtsData Suite:

331 of Downs’ 771 receiving yards came on plays where he was not the first-read or designed target, that was the highest rate in the NFL.

In games Downs suited up for, he accounted for 33% of Indy’s non first-read receiving yards and 20% of the IND non 1R targets.

CeeDee Lamb and Puka Nacua were the only other WRs who hit both a 20% TGT and 25% RECYD mark.

To me, this backs what was apparent when watching Downs — he is incredible at getting open on off-script plays. Could be huge with Anthony Richardson at QB.

Users who are viewing this thread