What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****David Hogg Thread***** (1 Viewer)

I think it's time to abandon this label as a synonym to Republican, just like I think liberal isn't an appropriate label to Democrat.  There are LARGE segments of the public who don't identify with the parties any longer yet still consider their policy positions conservative or liberal.

This isn't calling you out TF, I just think the synonyms are no longer appropriate, saw it here and couldn't control my diarrhea of the mouth  ;)   
Yeah I actually thought about using a different word, but "right wing" didn't feel encompassing enough. Obviously some of the people who are taking dumb cheap shots at Hogg are fringe, but Fox News has also done this, and they're far from extremists.   The "American Right," maybe?
Republican seems to be fine here :shrug:

In my little anecdotal world, I have watched all the level headed conservatives turn their backs on the party.  All those I know who proudly identify as Republican fit the bill you outline.  

Republican seems to be fine here :shrug:

In my little anecdotal world, I have watched all the level headed conservatives turn their backs on the party.  All those I know who proudly identify as Republican fit the bill you outline.  
That probably explains it.  A good number of the Republicans I come across on this end are decent people who would be repulsed by the way "the right" or whatever we want to call it has been dealing with the Parkland kids.

That probably explains it.  A good number of the Republicans I come across on this end are decent people who would be repulsed by the way "the right" or whatever we want to call it has been dealing with the Parkland kids.
I suspect they are the same as those I am describing, just at a different point on the path.  Those I know were this way and were fighting to keep the title Republican but have reached their tipping point and said #### them and left the party to the riff raff.  Those you know seem to be holding on longer NTTAWWT.

I love how this high school kid hits such a nerve with the Right.  
Hit enough of a nerve to bring Hell Toupee back into this forum after he announced he was finished posting here.

This over-the-top anger and hatred against these high school kids who lost friends in a senseless mass shooting and are only working to see it doesn't happen again is both bizarre and puzzling. I think perhaps it may be because there is a realization that this may have caused a sea change or turning point in the national dialogue regarding gun violence.

It’s pretty easy to take sides on this issue when I see how people talk and behave. I don’t have the kind of strong beliefs on the issues that many others do but I can’t stand behind people that behave in such a disgusting manner.

Emma González‏ @Emma4Change 6h6 hours ago

I walked out so far I ended up in NY ! Remembering Columbine today in our moments of silence, in servicing our communities, and in loving each other. Orange is the color for gun violence survivors, and we wear it today in solidarity of one another.

This prisoner jumpsuit was my Halloween costume 2 years ago (OITNB) but I wore it today because our schools are looking more like prisons and bomb shelters and less like the learning institutes our parents had the privilege of enjoying.

https://twitter.com/Emma4Change/status/987332843536871424

If anyone wonders why there is such vitriol against these kids:

David Hogg‏ @davidhogg111 3h3 hours ago

Can’t wait to see these future voters walkout and into the polls come November and Beyond.

#nationalschoolwalkout

Yes, I have and others have as well.
Perhaps try another term.  Some suggestions:  Trump is a(n):  ignoramus, buffoon, tin pot dictator, two-bit organized crime leader, misogynist, racist, fascist, idiot, fool, con man, grifter, Russian puppet, attention whore, draft dodger, coward, traitor, poltroon (for the old school).

Or maybe something from Teddy Roosevelt:

“Being who belongs to the cult of non-virility”

“Classical ignoramus”

“Fragrant man swine”

“Handshake like a wilted petunia”

“Infernal skunk”

“Little emasculated mass of inanity”

“A mind that functions at six guinea-pig power”

“Miserable little snob”

“Thorough-paced scoundrel”

“Well-meaning, pinheaded, anarchistic crank”

“White-livered weakling”

Perhaps try another term.  Some suggestions:  Trump is a(n):  ignoramus, buffoon, tin pot dictator, two-bit organized crime leader, misogynist, racist, fascist, idiot, fool, con man, grifter, Russian puppet, attention whore, draft dodger, coward, traitor, poltroon (for the old school).

“Classical ignoramus”

“Fragrant man swine”

“Infernal skunk”

“Miserable little snob”

“White-livered weakling”
Always worth going to Shakespeare:

“The tartness of his face sours ripe grapes.”

“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that roasted Manningtree ox with pudding in his belly, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”

“A most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.”

“Thine face is not worth sunburning.”

“Like the toad; ugly and venomous.”

“as fat as butter.”

”leathern-jerkin, crystal-button, knot-pated, agatering, puke-stocking, caddis-garter, smooth-tongue, Spanish pouch!”

“Would thou wert clean enough to spit upon”

Always worth going to Shakespeare:

“The tartness of his face sours ripe grapes.”

“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that roasted Manningtree ox with pudding in his belly, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”

“A most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.”

“Thine face is not worth sunburning.”

“Like the toad; ugly and venomous.”

“as fat as butter.”

”leathern-jerkin, crystal-button, knot-pated, agatering, puke-stocking, caddis-garter, smooth-tongue, Spanish pouch!”

“Would thou wert clean enough to spit upon”
I prefer Twain

"If I were as ignorant as you, I wouldn't let on"

or Chandler

"You talk too damn much and too damn much of it is about you."

“Classical ignoramus”

“Fragrant man swine”

“Infernal skunk”

“Miserable little snob”

“White-livered weakling”
Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't strike me as someone who would be ok with someone violently attacking someone 
The camera and the cameraman were knocked down and so we missed the sequence of events after that until the very end of the melee. As far as we know he was defending the cameraman this guy assaulted after repeatedly ignoring his requests to not touch his camera. No I am not OK, with an unproved physical attack and if that proves to be the case, then the HS kid should be charged with the appropriate crime along with the bearded wonder.

You don't strike me as someone who would be ok with someone violently attacking someone 
You don’t strike me as someone who would be on the side of the guy who instigates a physical confrontation with a high school kid and then cries about losing the fight and having his sunglasses broken. 

Michael Skolnik‏ @MichaelSkolnik Apr 20

Dear Students,

We are proud of you.

#NationalSchoolWalkout

Sincerely,

America

I like how he throws out the “taxpayers” BS.  Teenagers pay taxes too, Slim.
Yeah, but that kid’s camera and tripod sales tax can’t possibly match the amount paid by Aging Biker Ken Doll annually on his beard wax. 

I like how he throws out the “taxpayers” BS.  Teenagers pay taxes too, Slim.
At what point did he think "Uh oh, this isn't going like I planned it"? Was it when he grabbed the camera? When Caden, Zach, and Kayden were feeding him a dirt sandwich? Maybe it was almost straight away when he bellowed his man thoughts and the crowd didn't immediately disperse.

At what point did he think "Uh oh, this isn't going like I planned it"? Was it when he grabbed the camera? When Caden, Zach, and Kayden were feeding him a dirt sandwich? Maybe it was almost straight away when he bellowed his man thoughts and the crowd didn't immediately disperse.
When he realized his strength was running out quickly because adrenaline makes the meth run out of your system faster. 

I'm sure everyday in America some old dude thinks he still has it, then when he has a chance to find out, reality hits him hard.  Will he learn his lesson to not #### with younger, faster, more in shape people?  It doesn't look like hes learned too many lessons in his life; my guess is no.

When you post, does it make sense in your head?
A lot of people say tear down white supremacy.

A lot of people say America is white supremacy.

Since UVA I haven’t believed a word about “hate what you say but defend your right to say it.”

Because it’s cool to punch a Nazi.

Its cool to walk up the streets besides them screaming 

do something.

dont be racist if you scared.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/03/charlottesville-beaten-black-man-stand-trial-friday-180315195449944.html

Reconcile a not guilty verdict with the 16:00-16:40 of this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=16s&v=Tay-A9oUUFE

Freeze frame 16:40 forget the agitation before it.

Not guilty?

Yes Rover. It makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread