What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (8 Viewers)

Why are restaurants the only business (that I can think of) where you get charged a premium for bulk, instead of receiving a discount (or at least getting normal pricing)? At most restaurants, as soon as you have enough people for the 'catering' or 'party' menu, you have to pay more money per person for less variety.
And automatic tips for large parties.
This because some jerks don't tip at all. It sucks for everyone.
I wish they would just add it to every party. Would save me the trouble.
Yeah, but what about the places that add a gratuity but don’t tell you, in hopes that you’ll include an additional tip on top of that amount?
If they don't tell me, I'm not paying it. I do read my bill, so there's that.

A particular website I need to use for work, every single day:

Home page: Enter your username to log in

Then

2nd Page: Enter your password for this account

Then

3rd Page: Please select all bicycles in this image to continue

Then

4th Page: Please enter the two-factor code from your authenticator app to continue

Logins only last 1 hour before the above needs to be repeated. Sometime you have to solve 1, 2, or 3 "prove you're not a robot" challenges to get past the 3rd page. Fine... but then what robot would have my 2FA? Isn't that enough to prove who I am? If not.... then what the heck is it for??
Our corporate "single" sign-on went to 2FA not long ago using an authenticator (now I have 4 of those) which plenty of people didn't prepare for so you had tons of people hitting up IT for bypass codes. Then they found out they didn't size the 2FA right and it crashed so you had the entire org blocked and tons of messages to IT. Now they've divided the username page from the password page adding in yet another step to log in. Obviously it's time for me to retire.

Nobody else is going to speak up on this?!
-Hold my Beer!

Wanted to see Flowers of the Killer Moon at the theaters as I have not been to a movie theater since about Christmas or Spring prior to the pandemic in 2020.
-Just didn't work out for me and MoP Jr trashed this film and we've seen a lot of good movies together, he's no Roger Ebert but it did make me shy away from going to the theater.
-OK, waited patiently for it to appear in the rentals section On Demand/Xfinity...I know I know why the F do I have cable still, right? I know I'm an IDIOT but let's get past that.

It starts off as purchase only for like $25 and I just said if we wait a couple weeks we can rent if for $5.99/$6.99 like we do any other movie does after about 6-8 weeks from their release date, sometimes you might have to wait a little longer but there is a new twist in home entertainment.

KotFM went directly from the theater, to purchase only to finally Apple Minus as I like to call it. Meaning if I don't purchase the Apple streaming service I cannot watch this movie right now, what total ******** is this?
:rant: :rant: :rant:

Last edited:
Several other parents had to go online and create an account. An account that will only be used once for this one game. I don't understand why this is.
This one drives me nuts. Can't I just put in a credit card and pay for the food I'm ordering? I don't want to have to create separate ToastTab, EatNow, StuffYourMaw, or whatever random login your particular restaurant requires. And then of course the fun is when three years after ordering from one of these places on a trip, you stumble across a different place that uses the same service, so now you have to remember the random password you set up on vacation three years ago...
This reminds me: Websites whose password rules are "Must be 42 1/2 characters and contain uppercase, lowercase, numbers, special characters, that symbol that Prince went by for a few years and at least two Greek letters, and cannot be one of the previous 14 passwords you've used."

The worst is JetBlue. Every time I went to log in, I would forget my password and have to reset it, but because I couldn't reuse any, I had to come up with increasingly obscure ones that made it impossible to remember next time, rinse, repeat.

The solution I eventually came up with was to use the same password but add that day's date at the end. It didn't help me remember it any better, but it did mean that when I reset it I could be sure I was using a new password
Random password generator with password vault down?

you can buy hard liquor in gas stations in wisconsin take that to the bank brohans
On my ride down to the Derby in the 90s we drove through towns that were completely dry, to be followed by an town with drive thru liquor stores. 🍷 🚗
I don't think we have drive through liquor stores in NJ, but we do have dry towns, almost all of which have a liquor store just over the border in a neighboring town.

you can buy hard liquor in gas stations in wisconsin take that to the bank brohans
On my ride down to the Derby in the 90s we drove through towns that were completely dry, to be followed by an town with drive thru liquor stores. 🍷 🚗
I don't think we have drive through liquor stores in NJ, but we do have dry towns, almost all of which have a liquor store just over the border in a neighboring town.
Kentucky has drive thru liquor stores. At least they did back in the 90 s when I lived there. The police just park across the street just before 1:00 am to wait on the idiots who are already drunk and had to make another run.

Kentucky has drive thru liquor stores. At least they did back in the 90 s when I lived there. The police just park across the street just before 1:00 am to wait on the idiots who are already drunk and had to make another run.
Happy Pappy Liquors in Hollywood, FL has a Drive Thru but I don't know of too many
The Craft beer store I am currently associated with, we have a drive thru and I don't know anyone within 25-30+ miles North or South of us that has one

-In Florida we used to have these little drive up places called Farm Stores that had basics like milk, bread, beer, just the basics back in the 70s thru the maybe the 80s but they faded away.

When I was in college in Philly, people used to drive over to NJ to buy liquor. Can't remember the exact reason -- maybe they weren't as strict policing fake IDs? And everyone knew that after you left the store, you should drive to one other place before crossing back into PA to reduce the risk that you'd get stopped by Liquor Control Board officials

When I was in college in Philly, people used to drive over to NJ to buy liquor. Can't remember the exact reason -- maybe they weren't as strict policing fake IDs? And everyone knew that after you left the store, you should drive to one other place before crossing back into PA to reduce the risk that you'd get stopped by Liquor Control Board officials
Don't know about fake ids but when you were in college, you would go to NJ because you could buy everything at one place and there was probably no restrictions on time and sales.

PA had to go to a beer distributor/ then to a spirits shop etc.... just my guess

Don't know about fake ids but when you were in college, you would go to NJ because you could buy everything at one place and there was probably no restrictions on time and sales.

PA had to go to a beer distributor/ then to a spirits shop etc.... just my guess
Yes, I think that may have had something to do with it

PA's liquor sales situation was ridiculous back then (and is only slightly better now). They didn't have standard liquor stores that sold everything. They had state-owned stores that sold wine and spirits. For beer, either you had to go to a beer distributor for cases or kegs, or to a bar or pizza place for (majorly marked up) six-packs.

NJ, while it doesn't allow liquor to be sold in grocery and convenience stores, at least has catch-all liquor stores that sell all kinds of liquor in a variety of quantities.

When I was growing up in the Philly area, Delaware was the more common place to go for liquor, because you didn't have to cross a toll bridge to get there. But the Delaware stores closest to the border on the major roads were monitored pretty heavily by the PA LCB.

U-Line catalogs. Ugh.

We lease out the back of our warehouse and the tenants use our mail box. I don't know why, but we get U-Line catalogs for tenants that left YEARS ago and I can't get them to stop. These things are huge. They're like a telephone book of office supplies. So needless. Such a waste. And I can't get them to stop sending them.

What's the play here?

I've bought alcohol and beer from many many many states. PA is one of the dumbest. Had to go to like a beer barn or something get Lagunitas IPA. I don't even think it was cold. What kind of idiocy is this?

U-Line catalogs. Ugh.

We lease out the back of our warehouse and the tenants use our mail box. I don't know why, but we get U-Line catalogs for tenants that left YEARS ago and I can't get them to stop. These things are huge. They're like a telephone book of office supplies. So needless. Such a waste. And I can't get them to stop sending them.

What's the play here?
The owner of U-Line is a giant turd too

U-Line catalogs. Ugh.

What's the play here?
The owner of U-Line is a giant turd too

Well, he's got about 78 pages dedicated to toilet paper for the office, so it's fitting.

I once bought a pair of slippers online from Restoration Hardware, and keep getting their annual catalogs. They dont fit in the mailbox. They literally weigh as much as a couple of bricks. Ridiculous and I dont know how they can afford to do that.

U-Line catalogs. Ugh.

What's the play here?
I called the number on the thing and got removed from the mailing list. Those catalogues are like the old phone books. Just silly.

U-Line catalogs. Ugh.

What's the play here?
I called the number on the thing and got removed from the mailing list. Those catalogues are like the old phone books. Just silly.

I've gone online to try and stop them, but that didn't work. I'll try to call. Thanks!

The kids middle school forbid cards, candy and flowers for Valentine's.

kinda silly but i get it. it's just another **** measuring contest for kids to bully each other over. my kid texted earlier that she got little gifts from three friends. some of her friends got nothing and they were sad.. while other girls who got things from boys are being made fun of, etc.

kids, man. they're the worst.

Gas station for the cheaper gas while you were there?

Gas station for the cheaper full-service gas while you were there?
FTFY

FTFY
It was one of the great miracles that NJ had by far the lowest gas prices in the Northeast despite requiring full service, Of course that was more than offset by having by far the highest property taxes in the country.

The gas tax was raised a few years ago so NJ is not by far the lowest in price anymore. But it’s still quite a bit lower than PA, whose gas prices are almost as bad as NY’s.

FTFY
It was one of the great miracles that NJ had by far the lowest gas prices in the Northeast despite requiring full service, Of course that was more than offset by having by far the highest property taxes in the country.

The gas tax was raised a few years ago so NJ is not by far the lowest in price anymore. But it’s still quite a bit lower than PA, whose gas prices are almost as bad as NY’s.
Yeah, growing up in NJ, I had some family and friends across the river in PA who always got their gas when in NJ (almost always due to price - most could give or take the full service). And once I moved to upstate NY, I would be sure to fill up before crossing the border when driving home after visiting my family. Now, it's all close enough to the same price that convenience is the only real factor in choosing where to get it.

When I graduated college I accepted a job and moved to the new town and THEN discovered it was in a dry county (Arkansas). There was a river bordering the county to the west, and at the foot of the river bridge was a drive through beer/liquor barn. Only drive through one I've ever seen before....

Stupid ****ing recipe websites. Good god I don't need the backstory. I don't need every little description or alternative. I dont want to scroll down three thousand pages of fluff. Just give me the bulleted how to make with a few pictures

glad a lot of these (not all) now have the "jump to recipe" button
It should be illegal to post a recipe online without “jump to recipe” imo

Nobody else is going to speak up on this?!
-Hold my Beer!

Wanted to see Flowers of the Killer Moon at the theaters as I have not been to a movie theater since about Christmas or Spring prior to the pandemic in 2020.
-Just didn't work out for me and MoP Jr trashed this film and we've seen a lot of good movies together, he's no Roger Ebert but it did make me shy away from going to the theater.
-OK, waited patiently for it to appear in the rentals section On Demand/Xfinity...I know I know why the F do I have cable still, right? I know I'm an IDIOT but let's get past that.

It starts off as purchase only for like $25 and I just said if we wait a couple weeks we can rent if for $5.99/$6.99 like we do any other movie does after about 6-8 weeks from their release date, sometimes you might have to wait a little longer but there is a new twist in home entertainment.

KotFM went directly from the theater, to purchase only to finally Apple Minus as I like to call it. Meaning if I don't purchase the Apple streaming service I cannot watch this movie right now, what total ******** is this?
:rant: :rant: :rant:
listen to your kid. Utter snoozefest.

Stupid ****ing recipe websites. Good god I don't need the backstory. I don't need every little description or alternative. I dont want to scroll down three thousand pages of fluff. Just give me the bulleted how to make with a few pictures

There are a million recipe websites out there so not sure if this works on all of them, but try this:

1. Google the recipe (or go to your favorite recipe site and search) for whatever you want and open the link
2. At the top where the URL is for the site, at the very beginning of the string (before the https://) type in "cooked.wiki/" and hit enter (so it looks like cooked.wiki/https://blahblahblah...)
3. It'll reload the page with just the step by step recipe without all the other BS on the page

There are a million recipe websites out there so not sure if this works on all of them, but try this:

1. Google the recipe (or go to your favorite recipe site and search) for whatever you want and open the link
2. At the top where the URL is for the site, at the very beginning of the string (before the https://) type in "cooked.wiki/" and hit enter (so it looks like cooked.wiki/https://blahblahblah...)
3. It'll reload the page with just the step by step recipe without all the other BS on the page
Holy ****! That is amazing

Whoa!

I usually get to a recipe, CTL-F "Print" - and use the print layout to avoid adds and needless words.

But wow, what a life hack!

You are a goddang hero. :headbang:

Here is how my drive thru order at Burger King went today.
Them: Go ahead with your order
Me: I'll have a whopper combo, no cheese, medium with an unsweet iced tea please.
Them: Ok you said whopper combo with a sweet tea?
Me: Unsweet tea please
Them: Unsweet tea ok. Did you want cheese?"
Me: No cheese
Them: What size did you want?
Me: medium.

That would be interesting if it didn't happen ALL THE TIME

Me: I'll have a whopper combo, no cheese, medium with an unsweet iced tea please.

Main reason that I love ordering ahead through app for fast food is never needing to have that conversation.

Maybe you talked to Sol Rosenberg?

Users who are viewing this thread