What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 ACC Football - Official Thread (1 Viewer)

So based on what we've seen so far, this is pretty much down to the winner of FSU@Clemson vs. winner of GT@Miami for the title, and if Clemson can keep from Clemsoning this season, they could actually have a shot at the BCS title game.
Clemson has a real good shot at a NT if they can run the table. They already beat Georgia, who should have a fine season and potentially go to the SEC Championship again. They also have S. Car last game of the season, see Georgia. Other games on the schedule that will help are FSU, who should be in the top 10. Also, GTech who IMO will finish as a top 25 team this season. Throw in the ACC Championship, best case being they face an unbeaten Mia team or GTech team.The biggest problem anybody has this year is that OSU and Bama have remarkably easy schedules. OSU far more than Bama who at least has LSU/A&M in the west and the SEC Championship.
Almost everyone has a shot at a NT if they run the table
They don't need to run the table, though. 1 loss with their SOS is still going to give them a good chance.

So based on what we've seen so far, this is pretty much down to the winner of FSU@Clemson vs. winner of GT@Miami for the title, and if Clemson can keep from Clemsoning this season, they could actually have a shot at the BCS title game.
Clemson has a real good shot at a NT if they can run the table. They already beat Georgia, who should have a fine season and potentially go to the SEC Championship again. They also have S. Car last game of the season, see Georgia. Other games on the schedule that will help are FSU, who should be in the top 10. Also, GTech who IMO will finish as a top 25 team this season. Throw in the ACC Championship, best case being they face an unbeaten Mia team or GTech team.The biggest problem anybody has this year is that OSU and Bama have remarkably easy schedules. OSU far more than Bama who at least has LSU/A&M in the west and the SEC Championship.
That's the big debate isn't it. I don't think there is any doubt an undefeated ACC team would be left out if Ohio State and Bama are undefeated, but what happens if it's undefeated Bama, Clemson and Louisville. My favorite would be undefeated ACC team left out in favor of undefeated Ohio State versus 1-loss SEC champ.

Probably won't happen, but always a fun nightmare scenario to think about.

That's the big debate isn't it. I don't think there is any doubt an undefeated ACC team would be left out if Ohio State and Bama are undefeated, but what happens if it's undefeated Bama, Clemson and Louisville. My favorite would be undefeated ACC team left out in favor of undefeated Ohio State versus 1-loss SEC champ.

Probably won't happen, but always a fun nightmare scenario to think about.
Clemson won't get left out if undefeated for a one loss team. They will have to beat Georgia, South Carolina, Florida St, Ga Tech, and win the ACCCG to get there. That's a quality schedule and they are starting high enough to jump those teams that lose.

Well UVa won, but it was ugly. Defense looked good, but offense was pathetic. Oregon this Saturday. Will be a beatdown, but I'll be there.

Never heard of that freshman before last night. His name was blowing up my twitter feed.

Never heard of that freshman before last night. His name was blowing up my twitter feed.
he is supposed to be some prodigy QB

From the looks of last night he is right on schedule. He should make a mockery out of the ACC for the next 2 years if last night was any indication.

Neither FSU or Clemson on UNC's schedule this year unless it comes in the ACC championship game. Good for UNC's secondary. Bad for the Heisman candidacy for Winston and Boyd.

Neither FSU or Clemson on UNC's schedule this year unless it comes in the ACC championship game. Good for UNC's secondary. Bad for the Heisman candidacy for Winston and Boyd.
I seriously doubt that playing or not playing UNC even remotely moves the needle in regards to their Heisman chances.

pantherclub said:
NMYMND said:
Worm said:
I seriously doubt that playing or not playing UNC even remotely moves the needle in regards to their Heisman chances.
You don't think a 29-of-30 game with 400+ yards and 5 TDs wouldn't help in the stats, especially when you are going to be compared to what Bridgewater will put up against the AAC?

pantherclub said:
NMYMND said:
Worm said:
You don't think a 29-of-30 game with 400+ yards and 5 TDs wouldn't help in the stats, especially when you are going to be compared to what Bridgewater will put up against the AAC?
dude you have lost me

I honestly have no clue what point you are trying to make with those stats, bridgewater and the "AAC"

It's hard not to be excited about ACC football finally. Clemson and FSU look like they could be legit title contenders. Mia and GTech are also quietly strong.

It's hard not to be excited about ACC football finally. Clemson and FSU look like they could be legit title contenders. Mia and GTech are also quietly strong.
Conference would look even better if Louisville and part of ND would on board this year.

pantherclub said:
NMYMND said:
Worm said:
:towelwave:

NC State has a bye this weekend. Hopefully their QB with the broken foot will be back soon. The one playing now isn't bad, but sometimes it seems like he is scared to throw so he just runs. The hurt QB is better. ECU plays VT this weekend @ noon. Go Pirates!! :pirate:

ECU lost today 10-15, but at least their defense showed some signs of life. VT did a great job on defense.

Big game tonight.

Doeren has won his last 14 home games. (ETA: he has won every home game he has coached as head coach.)

State has also won its last 3 games vs. top 10 opponents in Carter-Finley Stadium, including a 37-13 beatdown of #7 Clemson in 2011, and including one top 10 upset in each of the past two seasons.

That is all. :wolf:

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a huge blown call by the official on Underwood's run. Instead of leading 14-13 midway through the third quarter, the officially incorrectly ruled that he had stepped out of bounds at midfield... and State's QB fumbled three plays later, giving Clemson the ball at midfield... 5 plays later, Clemson scored a TD to make it 20-7. That two minute sequence decided the game.

I don't know how ACC officials are judged and paid, but that official should be fined, suspended, or maybe even fired. He called what he assumed rather than what he saw. And blowing the play dead makes it unreviewable.

I suspect State would have lost anyway, but it would have been nice to see that play out properly. :hot:

That was a huge blown call by the official on Underwood's run. Instead of leading 14-13 midway through the third quarter, the officially incorrectly ruled that he had stepped out of bounds at midfield... and State's QB fumbled three plays later, giving Clemson the ball at midfield... 5 plays later, Clemson scored a TD to make it 20-7. That two minute sequence decided the game.

I don't know how ACC officials are judged and paid, but that official should be fined, suspended, or maybe even fired. He called what he assumed rather than what he saw. And blowing the play dead makes it unreviewable.

I suspect State would have lost anyway, but it would have been nice to see that play out properly. :hot:

I am not falling in to that just yet. We had been all over Boyd for the entire game and our offense was starting to click. I would have loved to see Clemson down against the ropes with the crowd going ballistic. That call just evaporated the crowd and our momentum. oh well

The one week a year I can be a Tech fan. They beat Cheating Hill as usual.

Duke has a legit offense now thanks to Cut. Too bad they don't have a legit D. Just awful.

I am not falling in to that just yet. We had been all over Boyd for the entire game and our offense was starting to click. I would have loved to see Clemson down against the ropes with the crowd going ballistic. That call just evaporated the crowd and our momentum. oh well
That terrible call definitely sucked the excitement out of the crowd. They kept showing the play over and over for the crowd to see, and you could see the color on everyone's face blending in with the color of their red shirts. It killed the momentum the team had going. Next up is Central Michigan. :wolf:

As mentioned, State takes on Central Michigan in Raleigh tomorrow. :wolf:

ECU visits the dark side tomorrow as they take on the Holes in Chapel Hill. :pirate:

ECU is hammering UNC in Chapel Hill. It's 21-3, and it should be worse -- ECU had an interception taken away on UNC's FG drive, and IMO it was a bad call.

But UNC's uniforms look good, though.

There was a strange situation where the refs didn't realize the first quarter clock had run out and allowed UNC to run a play on 2nd and goal around the 5 yard line. ECU broke up a TD pass, they called for the first quarter break, and then they realized that play should not have been run and allowed UNC to run another second down play. I suppose we are to assume that had UNC scored on the first second down play, the TD would have been taken away... but I have my doubts.

Go Pirates!

Also hoping State doesn't suffer a post-Clemson letdown today and takes care of business against Central Michigan. :wolf:

ECU has 45 points one play into the 4th quarter and leads 45-24. Is ECU's offense just that good, or is UNC's defense just that bad?

Big strong fast and mean. Those are all the requirements.

Yeah top 10 is probably a stretch but I think he has all the tools and looks NFL ready right now. Kid is insane

It was a beautiful day in North Carolina yesterday. State took care of business with Central Michigan, but the sweetest game of all was ECU giving UNC a beatdown in UNC's house. ECU has beaten UNC in the last 10 years, but it has been since the 70s that ECU has won in Chapel Hill. I was at the game yesterday, and the Pirates scored about every time they had the ball. I took a picture of the stands on the left of us during the 3rd quarter. Where is everyone? :lol: It's really not as bad as it looks. That section never filled up for the day, but the rest of the stadium did. I don't know who has access to that area, but most didn't show. UNC fans did start filing out of the stadium late in the 3rd quarter. Can't blame em. Kenan Stadium had been taken over by Pirates. :pirate:

ECU has 45 points one play into the 4th quarter and leads 45-24. Is ECU's offense just that good, or is UNC's defense just that bad?
ECU's offense is good, but they can be slowed down by a good D. VT did it a couple weeks ago. UNC's D is bad.

It was a beautiful day in North Carolina yesterday. State took care of business with Central Michigan, but the sweetest game of all was ECU giving UNC a beatdown in UNC's house. ECU has beaten UNC in the last 10 years, but it has been since the 70s that ECU has won in Chapel Hill. I was at the game yesterday, and the Pirates scored about every time they had the ball. I took a picture of the stands on the left of us during the 3rd quarter. Where is everyone? :lol: It's really not as bad as it looks. That section never filled up for the day, but the rest of the stadium did. I don't know who has access to that area, but most didn't show. UNC fans did start filing out of the stadium late in the 3rd quarter. Can't blame em. Kenan Stadium had been taken over by Pirates. :pirate:
The Pirates looked really good. My BIL brought his TV with him and hooked it up via satellite, and we watched some of the game while tailgating at Carter-Finley. A lot of people out there tailgating watched or listened on the radio. You could hear the Pirate fans loud and clear, and it looked like they represented well at the game. That picture you took was definitely one of the endzone sections at Kenan. You could see on television that it was nearly empty during the game. Those black uniforms ECU wore were cool. I also liked UNC's military helmets. I look forward to the Pack getting their shot at ECU this November. :boxing: :wolf:

That game reminded me a lot of the 48-3 beatdown Mack took from NC State my (cough) freshman year. Loved the comment from a blogger covering UNC that came out Tuesday - "If UNC's defense were in charge of shutting down the government, it would still be running."

I would have said Monday that I can see the AD telling Fedora he needs to clean house on the defensive side and find some new coaches. Now with the - latest comments - it's really difficult to see Koennig back next season. Of course, if you think the problems with the offense are about getting Fedora's own recruits into the mix, such as at QB, then you could argue that clearing out the seniors on the defense could help, too.

On an entirely different issue, QB's recruited and coached by Tom O'Brien accounted for 10% of the starters in the NFL last week - Ryan, Wilson, Glennon. Seems like there should have been more success overall, but I guess his strength must be limited to offense.

On an entirely different issue, QB's recruited and coached by Tom O'Brien accounted for 10% of the starters in the NFL last week - Ryan, Wilson, Glennon. Seems like there should have been more success overall, but I guess his strength must be limited to offense.
False. Amato recruited Russell Wilson.

Still, your point is valid... O'Brien coached all three of them with little to show for it. And, for that matter, State also accounted for 3 starting QBs last week - Rivers, Wilson, and Glennon - and achieved little to show for such a quality run of QB play.

Just Win Baby said:
False. Amato recruited Russell Wilson.

Still, your point is valid... O'Brien coached all three of them with little to show for it. And, for that matter, State also accounted for 3 starting QBs last week - Rivers, Wilson, and Glennon - and achieved little to show for such a quality run of QB play.
I remember seing a list sometime in the mid-to-late-aughts of the top 10 schools with the most active players in the NFL at the time. Among the usual suspects - Miami, USC, etc.. - was Maryland. It seemed especially jarring because Fridge was in the middle of his "5-7 or 7-5?" years. Obviously some of those guys were pre-Fridge and some were from his good '01-'03 run. But, even late in his tenure, he was putting a lot of players in the NFL (mostly defensive players - especially DBs).

That list just served to inflame fans against Fridge even more - "he's getting good players so why can't he win?".

O'Brien inherited a 3-9 team. During his first three years at State, his teams were decimated with injuries. It was a crazy amount, and the injuries were to key players. Football is a team sport, and when you have a lot of missing pieces, it's hard to be successful. His teams were healthier during his last three seasons, and those were winning seasons. State also wasn't packed with top recruits, but I did see players improve while playing under O'Brien.

Yep, Cut might be the best coach in America. Let's face it, he is never going to get the elite 5 star prospects at Duke but he's coaching the hell out of a bunch of 2 and 3 star talents. I consider him the best coach the school has ever had, better than Spurrier!

I loved State's Wolfie helmets today. I didn't like State's midfield logo that was an obvious knockoff of ECU's midfield logo. How lame. What State personnel decided that it would be a good idea? Why not put the strutting wolf midfield, the block S with the N and C, or just the big wolf face?

I loved State's Wolfie helmets today. I didn't like State's midfield logo that was an obvious knockoff of ECU's midfield logo. How lame. What State personnel decided that it would be a good idea? Why not put the strutting wolf midfield, the block S with the N and C, or just the big wolf face?
NCSU could eff up a 2 car parade

Users who are viewing this thread