What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 offseason dynasty IDP rankings (1 Viewer)

Currently, I see the following:
  1. FBG has 3 sets: Norton 4/15, Haggan 4/15, Davenport 4/12, Belefeuil 4/11
  2. DLF has 4 sets: 4/5, 4/4, 3/29, 3/23
  3. IDPshow has rankings, updated frequently
  4. PFF: Macri 2/14
  5. FantasyPros has 3: Jorge 3/31, Tomasin 4/4, MasterIDP 3/2
  6. Dynasty Nerds has 1: 4/3
*FantasyinFrames has one: Jorge Edwards 3/31, but it's also one of the two at FantasyPros.

Last edited:
Some other places I checked:
If anyone has a subscription to those first few, please let us know if they have recent IDP dynasty rankings up behind the paywall.

Last edited:
Some other places I checked:
  • FantasyPros
  • IDPGuys (sub - might exist)
  • Fantasy 6 Pack (sub - might exist)
  • IDPGuru (sub - might exist)
  • Dynasty Rewind (sub - might exist)
  • Fantasy in Frames
  • 4 for 4
  • Sports Illustrated
  • RotoHeat
  • Fantasy Sharks (exist, but complete garbage - Rashaan Evans LB1)
  • Dynasty Nerds
  • Rotoballer
  • PFF
  • King Fantasy Sports
  • Dynasty Football Factory
  • Dynasty Vipers
  • Bruno Boys
  • 5 Yard Rush
  • IDP Army
  • Fantasy First Down
  • Club Fantasy FFL
  • NFL Fantasy BR
  • Beast Dome
  • FF Ghost
  • Fantasy Data
  • Athlon Sports
  • Win My Fantasy League (appears dead)
  • Tim's Fantasy Tips
  • Expand the Boxscore
  • Fantasy Football Empire
  • FFToday
  • Fantasy Endgame
  • Gridiron Ratings (undated, but Martinez ranking implies old)
  • Razzball
  • Fantasy Headliners
If anyone has a subscription to those first few, please let us know if they have December IDP dynasty rankings up behind the paywall.
Hey Tick! We have dynasty rankings over at theIDPshow.com. They're available to paid supporters for $5/month or $50/year. Adam manages those rankings for us and updates them every day. I know I'm biased, but I think they're the best in the game. Just LOADED with info (e.g. game logs and college production). They're hosted on Google Sheets, so you do need a Gmail address, but once you become a paid supporter, we grant you access to the Google Sheet.

@Joe Bryant First thank you for the brilliant IDP content this year! One thing as we now head into the off-season that is pretty important is the IDP dynasty rankings. I have noticed that there is only 1 set of IDP rankings at present (Bellefeuil) and as we start to work trades and such in the off-season it would be nice if there were more to get a wider range of thought. I know you had others last month but they seemed to have fallen off - any idea why rankings fall off after a few weeks?

Is there a way in your system to allow them to stay longer? Even if the rankings are older, that is still good data as it shows a thought process at that moment in time. Thanks!

@Joe Bryant First thank you for the brilliant IDP content this year! One thing as we now head into the off-season that is pretty important is the IDP dynasty rankings. I have noticed that there is only 1 set of IDP rankings at present (Bellefeuil) and as we start to work trades and such in the off-season it would be nice if there were more to get a wider range of thought. I know you had others last month but they seemed to have fallen off - any idea why rankings fall off after a few weeks?

Is there a way in your system to allow them to stay longer? Even if the rankings are older, that is still good data as it shows a thought process at that moment in time. Thanks!
Thanks. We'll be working on this for this month to see what we can do.

Thanks for the props on our IDP content. We look forward to an even bigger 2023.

No excuses on our need for updated dynasty rankings. It's easy to get caught up in the season and let those slip a little. I've asked the IDP crew to get those updated for everyone itching to make dynasty moves. We are also looking into the possibility of extending the lifespan for dynasty rankings a little. The tech stuff is out of my wheelhouse, but we'll see if that can be done. We have to be careful with that to some extent though. If we leave the window open too long, we could have outdated rankings skewing the consensus list. The goal will be to have several rankers and for everyone to update those at least once every three or four weeks at the minimum throughout the year.

Thanks for the feedback and for being part of our community.

Thanks for the props on our IDP content. We look forward to an even bigger 2023.

No excuses on our need for updated dynasty rankings. It's easy to get caught up in the season and let those slip a little. I've asked the IDP crew to get those updated for everyone itching to make dynasty moves. We are also looking into the possibility of extending the lifespan for dynasty rankings a little. The tech stuff is out of my wheelhouse, but we'll see if that can be done. We have to be careful with that to some extent though. If we leave the window open too long, we could have outdated rankings skewing the consensus list. The goal will be to have several rankers and for everyone to update those at least once every three or four weeks at the minimum throughout the year.

Thanks @John Norton and it wasn't a shot at the staff for not doing rankings, just more of if they could be left up longer when they are done, I don't mind a set of rankings that is 2 months old because I would like to think I'm savvy enough to know if injuries, lack of production, benching, team/scheme changes ect happen or at least know to do my research on each player. Plus if a ranking is too old, the system allows you to drop rankings in the interface. Its just refreshing to see what the experts have to say on players at a moment in time. Also thanks for posting some updated rankings today as well!

Thank you again to @Joe Bryant for bringing us what we have coveted for years - and to all the IDP staff for the work this year, it has been incredibly refreshing this year in the content as there were at least 6 different pieces each week to help with FA moves and lineup decisions this year (I really liked the IDP Matchup tool when deciding between evenly matched IDP players), especially if I saw more than one FBG talk about a player any given week! That often helped me across the fence if I was teetering one it.

It always seems like that "howrecent=21" on the end of the URL should tell us how far back we want to look, it just doesn't seem to work to enter a larger number. That used to work before the rankings revamp... might be a nice solution to present them only up to a certain age, but allow people to look further if they're willing to dig deeper.

Looking through the current rankings, at DL, we don't see Bellefeuil's #11, Davenport's #11, or Norton's #13.

Is this a DE/OLB thing, or some kind of glitch where the player is missing from the chart?

ETA: More gaps than I initally saw... Bellefeueil's DL rankings are missing 11, 13, 17, 18.

Last edited:
Is this a DE/OLB thing, or some kind of glitch where the player is missing from the chart?

ETA: More gaps than I initally saw... Bellefeueil's DL rankings are missing 11, 13, 17, 18.
I haven't looked at this data but could it be that he is a lot higher than the other rankers and that the combined rankings take these guys out of the data range? I have found that IDP rankings sometimes are widely different from person to person so his #11 might be the other guys #50 and #60.

I have no idea if this is the case here. Just another thought when using combined rankings if there are drastic differences in the evaluations.

I haven't looked at this data but could it be that he is a lot higher than the other rankers and that the combined rankings take these guys out of the data range? I have found that IDP rankings sometimes are widely different from person to person so his #11 might be the other guys #50 and #60.

I have no idea if this is the case here. Just another thought when using combined rankings if there are drastic differences in the evaluations.
It seems to me that FBG takes the approach (which I agree with) of listing every player ranked by anyone. Shaq Lawson had one 101st place ranking and made the list.

Looking through the current rankings, at DL, we don't see Bellefeuil's #11, Davenport's #11, or Norton's #13.

Seems to be fine today... maybe I was doing something wrong, or maybe they fixed it. Either way, it's good now.

4 FBG rankings up, all in the past 2 weeks... great stuff!

Also, the IDPShow rankings are a good complement - they split out IDL/Edge/LB rather than DL/LB.

Looking at the 8 rankings I have, some things stick out:
  • Edge position is messy as always. IDPShow has Edge rankings, FBG has DL/LB, and DLF is somewhere between. Note that MFL is even further away from Edge than FBG - MFL has him at LB and even FBG has him at DE. Where FBG and DLF disagreed, it gave a 4/4 ranking split for players at Edge or LB. The split rankings, with DE listed first:
    • Jaelan Phillips 5/69
    • Josh Allen 8/56
    • Joey Bosa 9/68
    • Kayvon Thibodeaux 14/57
    • Alex Highsmith 21/83
    • Azeez Ojulari 28/93
    • Joe Tryon-Shoyinka 50/95
  • None of the other positions had any confusion I saw other than DLF ranking Divine Deablo as a safety... pretty weird at this point.
  • FBG doesn't value age as much as the other sites. Older players are almost universally much higher ranked at FBG.
  • Some weird splits between sites... 3/4 of FBG rankers put Asamoah and Rice in the top 58 LBs, while none of the three DLF rankers ranked either at all (they ranked about 70 each).
  • I played around with omitting the lowest ranking for each player and it didn't really make a difference. Even Dexter Lawrence, who jumps from an average ranking of 40 to 31 by dropping the lowest ranking, would only move up one spot in the rankings.
  • There was an occasional miss of a player - someone missed Grady Jarrett, another missed Aaron Donald. One might have missed Jack Sanborn, or might have thought he wasn't in the top 75 LBs... I called that a 76 ranking, if I leave it blank, he moves up from LB44 to LB41
I'll post some averages, with those players listed in both positions.

Last edited:
LB:
1​
Roquan Smith
2​
Nick Bolton
3​
Foye Oluokun
4​
Devin White
5​
Jordyn Brooks
6​
Fred Warner
7​
Pete Werner
8​
T.J. Watt
9​
Logan Wilson
10​
Micah Parsons
11​
Dre Greenlaw
12​
Quay Walker
13​
Shaquille Leonard
14​
De'Vondre Campbell
15​
Bobby Wagner
16​
Cole Holcomb
17​
C.J. Mosley
18​
Zaven Collins
19​
Troy Andersen
20​
Drue Tranquill
21​
T.J. Edwards
22​
Devin Lloyd
23​
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
24​
David Long Jr
25​
Frankie Luvu
26​
Divine Deablo
27​
Josey Jewell
28​
Patrick Queen
29​
Tremaine Edmunds
30​
Eric Kendricks
31​
Jamin Davis
32​
Matt Milano
33​
Isaiah Simmons
34​
Ernest Jones
35​
Shaq Thompson
36​
Zaire Franklin
37​
Willie Gay Jr
38​
Nakobe Dean
39​
Bobby Okereke
40​
Lavonte David
41​
Rashan Gary
42​
Chad Muma
43​
Rashaan Evans
44​
Jack Sanborn
45​
Haason Reddick
46​
Demario Davis
47​
Christian Harris
48​
Cody Barton
49​
Malcolm Rodriguez
50​
Jerome Baker
51​
Harold Landry
52​
Matt Judon
53​
Quincy Williams
54​
Jordan Hicks
55​
Za'Darius Smith
56​
Josh Allen
57​
Kayvon Thibodeaux
58​
Uchenna Nwosu
59​
Josh Uche
60​
Myles Jack
61​
Germaine Pratt
62​
Nicholas Morrow
63​
Denzel Perryman
64​
Damone Clark
65​
Brian Asamoah
66​
Monty Rice
67​
Khalil Mack
68​
Joey Bosa
69​
Jaelan Phillips
70​
Christian Kirksey
71​
Mykal Walker
72​
Baron Browning
73​
Alex Singleton
74​
Kyzir White
75​
Leighton Vander Esch
76​
Ja'Whaun Bentley
77​
Deion Jones
78​
Alex Anzalone
79​
Jacob Phillips
80​
Kenneth Murray
81​
Terrel Bernard
82​
Jaylon Smith
83​
Alex Highsmith
84​
Channing Tindall
85​
Travon Walker
86​
Devin Bush
87​
Robert Spillane
88​
Kaden Elliss
89​
Shaquil Barrett
90​
Sione Takitaki
91​
Leonard Floyd
92​
Anthony Walker
93​
Azeez Ojulari
94​
Leo Chenal
95​
Joe Tryon-Shoyinka
96​
Micah McFadden
97​
Zach Cunningham
98​
Von Miller
99​
Preston Smith

DE:
1​
Nick Bosa
2​
Maxx Crosby
3​
Myles Garrett
4​
Brian Burns
5​
Jaelan Phillips
6​
Danielle Hunter
7​
Aidan Hutchinson
8​
Josh Allen
9​
Joey Bosa
10​
Gregory Rousseau
11​
Quinnen Williams
12​
Chase Young
13​
Jeffery Simmons
14​
Kayvon Thibodeaux
15​
Montez Sweat
16​
DeForest Buckner
17​
Chris Jones
18​
Aaron Donald
19​
Jonathan Allen
20​
Sam Hubbard
21​
Alex Highsmith
22​
Kwity Paye
23​
Christian Wilkins
24​
Josh Sweat
25​
Trey Hendrickson
26​
George Karlaftis
27​
DeMarcus Lawrence
28​
Azeez Ojulari
29​
Leonard Williams
30​
DaRon Payne
31​
Bradley Chubb
32​
Travon Walker
33​
Zach Allen
34​
Dexter Lawrence
35​
Odafe Oweh
36​
Cameron Heyward
37​
Jermaine Johnson
38​
Cameron Jordan
39​
Shaquil Barrett
40​
Arnold Ebiketie
41​
Carl Lawson
42​
Yannick Ngakoue
43​
Jonathan Greenard
44​
Sam Williams
45​
Javon Hargrave
46​
Ed Oliver
47​
Carl Granderson
48​
Darrell Taylor
49​
Drake Jackson
50​
Joe Tryon
51​
Dorance Armstrong
52​
Kenny Clark
53​
Payton Turner
54​
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
55​
Boye Mafe
56​
Grady Jarrett
57​
David Ojabo
58​
Marcus Davenport
59​
Emmanuel Ogbah
60​
Christian Barmore
61​
Dre'Mont Jones
62​
Randy Gregory
63​
Romeo Okwara
64​
Deatrich Wise Jr
65​
Joseph Ossai
66​
Jadeveon Clowney
67​
Dayo Odeyingbo
68​
Carlos Basham Jr
69​
Chandler Jones
70​
Charles Harris
71​
Josh Paschal
72​
Derrick Brown
73​
Jordan Davis
74​
Frank Clark
75​
John Franklin-Myers
76​
A.J. Epenesa
77​
Dominique Robinson
78​
Michael Clemons
79​
Arik Armstead
80​
Logan Hall
81​
B.J. Hill
82​
Cameron Thomas
83​
Devonte Wyatt
84​
Denico Autry
85​
Zach Sieler
86​
Alex Wright
87​
Robert Quinn
88​
Brandon Graham
89​
Sebastian Joseph-Day
90​
Chase Winovich
91​
Trevis Gipson
92​
Yetur Gross-Matos
93​
Zach Carter
94​
Patrick Jones II
95​
Vita Vea
96​
Carlos Dunlap
97​
Justin Madubuike
98​
Rasheem Green
99​
Cameron Sample

S:
1​
Derwin James
2​
Budda Baker
3​
Jalen Pitre
4​
Jeremy Chinn
5​
Antoine Winfield Jr
6​
Jaquan Brisker
7​
Kyle Dugger
8​
Talanoa Hufanga
9​
Minkah Fitzpatrick
10​
Kamren Curl
11​
Kyle Hamilton
12​
C.J. Gardner-Johnson
13​
Julian Love
14​
Jamal Adams
15​
Kevin Byard
16​
Jordan Poyer
17​
Brandon Jones
18​
Richie Grant
19​
Xavier McKinney
20​
Jalen Thompson
21​
Jessie Bates III
22​
Justin Simmons
23​
Jayron Kearse
24​
Kerby Joseph
25​
Eddie Jackson
26​
Rayshawn Jenkins
27​
Vonn Bell
28​
Grant Delpit
29​
Mike Edwards
30​
Jevon Holland
31​
Tracy Walker
32​
Harrison Smith
33​
John Johnson III
34​
Amani Hooker
35​
Justin Reid
36​
Donovan Wilson
37​
Adrian Amos
38​
Daxton Hill
39​
Taylor Rapp
40​
Darrick Forrest
41​
Marcus Maye
42​
Andre Cisco
43​
Jordan Whitehead
44​
Tyrann Mathieu
45​
Nick Cross
46​
Lewis Cine
47​
Bryan Cook
48​
Chuck Clark
49​
Xavier Woods
50​
Jordan Fuller
51​
DeShon Elliott
52​
Logan Ryan
53​
Terrell Edmunds
54​
Darnell Savage
55​
Jonathan Owens
56​
Dane Belton
57​
Juan Thornhill
58​
Nasir Adderley
59​
Quandre Diggs
60​
Adrian Phillips
61​
Camryn Bynum
62​
Jaylinn Hawkins
63​
Micah Hyde
64​
Julian Blackmon
65​
Marcus Williams
66​
Damar Hamlin
67​
Nick Scott
68​
Trevon Moehrig
69​
Jimmie Ward
70​
Duron Harmon
71​
Johnathan Abram
72​
Eric Rowe
73​
Jabrill Peppers
74​
Kareem Jackson
75​
Percy Butler
76​
Andrew Wingard
77​
Ronnie Harrison
78​
Caden Sterns
79​
Ryan Neal
80​
Reed Blankenship
81​
Ashtyn Davis
82​
Rodney McLeod
83​
K'Von Wallace
84​
Marcus Epps

@Tick good stuff.

Very strange DE vs LB rankings for players listed in both. Guys like Za'Darius, Chubb, and Landry not listed on DE at all but Phillips with a huge swing in value.

Obviously this is likely based on tackle heavy scoring which is one of the biggest issues I always have with rankings. Very rarely is big play scoring considered as those edge guys would be much higher in the LB'er ranks. Just something newer IDP players need to be aware of. Know your scoring system as that can lead to big advantages with hidden value off cheatsheets.

Great stuff Tick

Thoughts

DL Over ranked. Phillips. Under. Kwity Paye
LB Over. Werner(I own in home), Edwards, Sanborn, Barton Under Vander Esch, Simmons, Damone Clark
S. Over. Byatd Under Bell, Holland

lists look very deep for all positions though.

I have Bell on a bunch of teams and don’t have a problem with him being ranked low - no idea where he goes this offseason, or what role he’s asked to fill there. Safety is pretty fragile when switching teams - I was riding high with John Johnson and Keanu Neal a few years ago.

FBG continuing to update these regularly, as are DLF and IDPShow. First set up at FantasyPros!

Kendricks just released by the Vikings. Asamoah should be climbing the rankings soon so now might be the time to see if you can get him before the rise in value happens.

FantasyPros finally has a third ranking set up, which allows you to filter out the one that's a reposted season-old ranking.

You know. I find rankings are always missing something. Too bad we could not do mock draft here is some kind of best ball format like We have done in past for O. Even though that has died a slow death. I find these extremely beneficial for preparing and knowing correct values

You know. I find rankings are always missing something. Too bad we could not do mock draft here is some kind of best ball format like We have done in past for O. Even though that has died a slow death. I find these extremely beneficial for preparing and knowing correct values
Hey Crippler, over at The IDP Show we've been running IDP only best ball drafts on Sleeper all offseason. We're about to launch #20 actually and we'd love to have you join! I can't share links here but feel free to DM me if you'd like more details.

Can someone help me? I am out of touch. Is Deion Jones still a vaiable IDP contributor or is he a simple cut at this time?

I wouldn’t roster him. You can make an argument that he came back before full health in a new system and never had a chance last season, but that way lies Blake Martinez. I’d rather have the roster spot and pick up a surprise off waivers.

Can someone help me? I am out of touch. Is Deion Jones still a vaiable IDP contributor or is he a simple cut at this time?
As usual it would depend on the reason you are dropping him. Who are you keeping instead? As a general statement I wouldn't be going out of my way to keep him but I wouldn't just drop him for the sake of dropping him either.

Hes on waivers in nearly every IDP league I play in. No one is taking him

suspect he might sign after week 1 as an injury replacement but thats his only route to playing time in my eyes

Cut and move on

Hes on waivers in nearly every IDP league I play in. No one is taking him

suspect he might sign after week 1 as an injury replacement but thats his only route to playing time in my eyes

Cut and move on

He's on the wire in my two active leagues and nobody has added him. I suspect he will be dropped in my two inactive leagues once they wake up in August for waivers and drafts. I agree with Gally that dropping just to drop is unnecessary but I'd also wager there's a few players on the wire in nearly every league that I'd prefer for that roster spot.

Users who are viewing this thread