What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Las Vegas Raiders thread - Brock party (3 Viewers)

the league won’t suspend him unless he’s found guilty of something. The legal process must run its course and the league will cooperate fully until the investigation is complete. Bla bla bla. And the chiefs won’t cut him unless the press gets too bad. They may not re up his contract but there’s no reason to cut a guy for what amounts to a hit and run. The SMU stuff is conjecture. It might be true. But there’s no way he’s on the hook for it.
The bolded isn't at all true. He's definitely getting suspended. Chiefs' reaction depends on the ROI between how bad the press is and how many games RR might contribute in
Exhibit 1: Jalen Carter. The only caveat is that he wasn’t in the NFL at the time.
I don't think the NFL has ever suspended a player for something they did in college.

The nearest thing I can think of it Harbaugh who is making his return back to the NFL when he was to serve a suspension in the NCAA. The NFL made the right call in taking action so that the NFL wasn't the hit eject option for escaping punishment in the NCAA.
Hence my caveat :rolleyes:
So... I am not understanding how that is an exhibit then.

the league won’t suspend him unless he’s found guilty of something. The legal process must run its course and the league will cooperate fully until the investigation is complete. Bla bla bla. And the chiefs won’t cut him unless the press gets too bad. They may not re up his contract but there’s no reason to cut a guy for what amounts to a hit and run. The SMU stuff is conjecture. It might be true. But there’s no way he’s on the hook for it.
The bolded isn't at all true. He's definitely getting suspended. Chiefs' reaction depends on the ROI between how bad the press is and how many games RR might contribute in
Exhibit 1: Jalen Carter. The only caveat is that he wasn’t in the NFL at the time.
I don't think the NFL has ever suspended a player for something they did in college.

The nearest thing I can think of it Harbaugh who is making his return back to the NFL when he was to serve a suspension in the NCAA. The NFL made the right call in taking action so that the NFL wasn't the hit eject option for escaping punishment in the NCAA.
Hence my caveat :rolleyes:
So... I am not understanding how that is an exhibit then.
I’m getting older and I’m tired sound familiar?

True, except when it was a Raider in question...

The Oakland Raiders selected [Terrelle] Pryor in the third round of the 2011 supplemental draft on August 22, 2011;[68][69] he was the last pick longtime owner Al Davis made in his tenure with the Raiders, thus ending the Al Davis "speed era" including players Bo Jackson, Darrius Heyward-Bey, and Cliff Branch among others. Three d)ays later, Pryor and the Raiders agreed to a four-year contract. Pryor served an NFL-mandated five-game suspension at the beginning of the 2011 season (the suspension being from the Ohio State scandal, but was still able to work out with the club.[70] Pryor was reinstated the day following the team's win over the Houston Texans.[71]

Raiders have signed G Jackson Powers-Johnson. All draft picks are now under contract.

On a side note, JPJ might be one of my new favorite Raiders.
Jackson Powers-Johnson: “If you buy into the logo on the front, it will bless the name on the back. “I'm just excited to play for the #Raiders”.

Raiders have signed G Jackson Powers-Johnson. All draft picks are now under contract.

On a side note, JPJ might be one of my new favorite Raiders.
Jackson Powers-Johnson: “If you buy into the logo on the front, it will bless the name on the back. “I'm just excited to play for the #Raiders”.
Here’s the full rookie press conference that quote comes from if you want to fall in love with JPJ (his segment starts at 3:52)

All the other replies from the other players are kind of boiler plate. But JPJ is an awesome, easy going but intense human being who just wants to hit people. Love him.

Users who are viewing this thread