What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Actions/trends that need to be retired immediately (3 Viewers)

How do you even know they are there if they are in your blind spot? I suggest randomly changing lanes. They'll learn after awhile.
At night? They have had headlights in cars for months now. As much as I hate driving, I happen to like my car more than I like the person in my blind spot, and my family was in the car, another reason to not play roadway pinball.

At night? They have had headlights in cars for months now. As much as I hate driving, I happen to like my car more than I like the person in my blind spot, and my family was in the car, another reason to not play roadway pinball.
I was making a joke. A bad one apparently.

People riding in my blind spots, especially at night. Fills me with hatred.
I once had a guy do this to me for about 20 miles on a highway.  I would cruise along in the right hand lane with him in my blind spot in the left hand lane. He would leave just enough space for me to get over into the left hand lane when I came up on a car I wanted to pass, but as soon as I got over in the left hand lane he'd come right up on my bumper. I'd get back into the right-hand lane after I passed the car. I would slow down in the right-hand lane, hoping to convince him to pass me, but he would slow down too. It was as if he chose me to play a game with.

We came up on an interchange to another highway that included a very sharp curve in the ramp. I misjudged it and took the curve too fast, requiring me to hit my brakes suddenly, which I did not do intentionally but out of necessity.  Of course, he was up on my ###.  Next thing I knew I heard brakes squealing and looked in my rearview mirror to see him swerving off the road and bouncing down across a ditch.

One of the greatest accomplishments of my life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Related to my last complaint: people who drive with their high beams on, at least when facing oncoming traffic. Turn them on regular, you waste of oxygen! It's hard enough to see at night, now I have to deal with your idiot ### not realizing that you're blinding everyone else! Do it again, and the next person to have to deal with your stupidity gets to shove the business end of a lit road flare up your ###!

People driving at dusk, or worse at night, with no lights on. No running lights...completely off.

How do you not know your lights are off when you can't even see your dashboard?

People who still refuse to zipper merge. God ####### damnit. There are even signs now that clearly tell you to wait to merge until the merge point. But no - idiots decide to get over as soon as they can and block an entire ####### lane of traffic. What is more surprising, is I see truckers doing this ####. You think with all the damn driving they would understand how this #### works. 

People who still refuse to zipper merge. God ####### damnit. There are even signs now that clearly tell you to wait to merge until the merge point. But no - idiots decide to get over as soon as they can and block an entire ####### lane of traffic. What is more surprising, is I see truckers doing this ####. You think with all the damn driving they would understand how this #### works. 
The others are the people who decide, most often in bumper-to-bumper, to wait until the last minute to slide over to exit, especially when they are sitting in the far left lane (because they are important, of course ;) ) and back everyone up moving over to the right!

the moops said:
And those are the same drivers who get all enraged at me for sliding in at the zipper point. Like I was cheating or something.

the moops said:
I'd imagine, if I'm a trucker, I'm taking the first available open spot I can when I see a merge is coming up relatively soon. Can't be fun getting stuck at the merge point trying to jam your truck into an endless stream of traffic.

Anyway I came in here because I'm offput (not a real word) by the new trend of service folks screaming "HI WELCOME!!!" at me when I walk in the door. A) it's jarring, I just want to get in line to put my order in or go browse for comfortable underwear, I don't need your input at that particular point in time. And 3) its not genuine, I don't feel welcome because you're yelling "WELCOME" at me. Its CVS and I'm just trying to discretely purchase some antihistamine, skin lotion and a bag of peanut butter cups. Let's not pretend we care about each other. Record what I want, give me my stuff, take my money, let us part ways quietly. That's the deal.

Anyway I came in here because I'm offput (not a real word) by the new trend of service folks screaming "HI WELCOME!!!" at me when I walk in the door. A) it's jarring, I just want to get in line to put my order in or go browse for comfortable underwear, I don't need your input at that particular point in time. And 3) its not genuine, I don't feel welcome because you're yelling "WELCOME" at me. Its CVS and I'm just trying to discretely purchase some antihistamine, skin lotion and a bag of peanut butter cups. Let's not pretend we care about each other. Record what I want, give me my stuff, take my money, let us part ways quietly. That's the deal.
Someone check the pit in Gr00vus' basement.

i sort of wonder if they do that for loss prevention reasons like hey i see you dont steal crap from us but otherwise hey brohan maybe that young faced pie eye clerk really does care about you and has not been worn down by the world and become jaded yet like us old crappers and maybe just maybe if you say hi welcome back you will feel better about your self and the world will be that much better give it a shot and that is one to grow on take that to the bank brochacho

And those are the same drivers who get all enraged at me for sliding in at the zipper point. Like I was cheating or something.
Driving through Wisconsin, tried to get to the end point where you're supposed to go. Jagwad truck driver slides over to straddle the center line to prevent me or anyone from doing so. Again, you would think a guy that lives on the road would know you're supposed to do this.

I looked for the "Engage Missiles" button but sadly my car was not equipped as such.

BTW - Wisconsin has THE WORST interstate driving in America. 

Driving through Wisconsin, tried to get to the end point where you're supposed to go. Jagwad truck driver slides over to straddle the center line to prevent me or anyone from doing so. Again, you would think a guy that lives on the road would know you're supposed to do this.

I looked for the "Engage Missiles" button but sadly my car was not equipped as such.

Yep, I live in Wisconsin and find it is more enjoyable to drive in the far right lane.  There is less traffic.

What I see all the time is there is no one in front of a person and all of a sudden they move into the left lane.  WTF?  Why did you need to move over.  Use your mirrors and be courteous and move over.

NJ and CA have some truly dreadful, unsafe drivers who tailgate at 65+ in all lanes (not just the left lane) and zip in and out of traffic from all areas.

But I'm going to throw Delaware into the ring there too. a state with two types of drivers- either they're driving really slowly camped out in the fast lane, or they're driving too fast passing people from the right line and flying into spaces that are way too tight for merging. Also have had repeated people try to box me out from zipper merging at the merge point... riding the bumper ahead of them and glaring at me for being so selfish as to wanting to merge.

I'd imagine, if I'm a trucker, I'm taking the first available open spot I can when I see a merge is coming up relatively soon. Can't be fun getting stuck at the merge point trying to jam your truck into an endless stream of traffic.
The whole point is you don't get stuck at the merge though. Rather than taking a good minute or so to get your long ### truck into the other lane when there is traffic you slowly merge into the other lane when it is your turn. Nobody is going to #### with a semi when they are changing lanes

I live here, am a fairly slow driver, and I am enraged on just a 15 min drive up the interstate to Madison.  I usually encounter 2 things:

1.  middle lane is the slow lane for some reason unknown to me.  I am in the right lane most of the time (because I am slower than the average driver), but because people are using the middle lane as the slow lane, other drivers are pissed and usually passing on the right.  This means that I usually have people pissed off and riding my ### most of the time.  

2.  3 lanes of semi drivers each going about 1mph faster than the other, so basically blocking the whole interstate.  

Since we are talking traffic, being behind cars in a dedicated left turn lane, and people waiting to turn until there is a six block opening.  Then they punch it through on yellow, leaving you sitting there on the red.

I live here, am a fairly slow driver, and I am enraged on just a 15 min drive up the interstate to Madison.  I usually encounter 2 things:

1.  middle lane is the slow lane for some reason unknown to me.  I am in the right lane most of the time (because I am slower than the average driver), but because people are using the middle lane as the slow lane, other drivers are pissed and usually passing on the right.  This means that I usually have people pissed off and riding my ### most of the time.  

2.  3 lanes of semi drivers each going about 1mph faster than the other, so basically blocking the whole interstate.  
This is the biggest problem and the highway patrols that are so busy fundraising by giving tickets to out of state drivers should enforce some sort of law to prevent this. 

Since we are talking traffic, being behind cars in a dedicated left turn lane, and people waiting to turn until there is a six block opening.  Then they punch it through on yellow, leaving you sitting there on the red.
Yes. Especially when people refuse to even inch forward a hair when the light turns green. Get your ### into the intersection. Don't care what the actual stupid law says.

i sort of wonder if they do that for loss prevention reasons like hey i see you dont steal crap from us but otherwise hey brohan maybe that young faced pie eye clerk really does care about you and has not been worn down by the world and become jaded yet like us old crappers and maybe just maybe if you say hi welcome back you will feel better about your self and the world will be that much better give it a shot and that is one to grow on take that to the bank brochacho
Would "SHOVE IT!!!" be an appropriate response?

the moops said:
Worse yet is when semi drivers decide to play road cop by passing each other just to slow traffic down.

A similar problem that I have to people blocking the zipper are not letting cars in that get stuck behind vehicles blocking lanes.  Last week, I was in the right lane and about to make a right turn at the next intersection, but there ended up being an illegally parked vehicle in the lane just before the intersection.  It's just before a red light and traffic is stopped at the light in heavy downtown traffic.  A number of cars that could have let me over when traffic resumed did not (I mostly blame the first car because he did not even have to brake to let me over, he just had to not go when the light turned, so I could get over).  I eventually made it over, got around the parked vehicle and went back into the turn lane, while the other cars continued on ahead to the next light, where they returned to their prior lane ordering before I got over and were not even delayed a millisecond by me.

I felt like rolling my window and doing a Constanza-like "you know, we're living in a society!"

A similar problem that I have to people blocking the zipper are not letting cars in that get stuck behind vehicles blocking lanes.  Last week, I was in the right lane and about to make a right turn at the next intersection, but there ended up being an illegally parked vehicle in the lane just before the intersection.  It's just before a red light and traffic is stopped at the light in heavy downtown traffic.  A number of cars that could have let me over when traffic resumed did not (I mostly blame the first car because he did not even have to brake to let me over, he just had to not go when the light turned, so I could get over).  I eventually made it over, got around the parked vehicle and went back into the turn lane, while the other cars continued on ahead to the next light, where they returned to their prior lane ordering before I got over and were not even delayed a millisecond by me.

I felt like rolling my window and doing a Constanza-like "you know, we're living in a society!"
Lol I hate this. Another one is leaving a parking lot after a ballgame, concert, etc. You get to a spot where a couple of "lanes" of traffic are coming together to eventually get out of the parking lot to the main road to get home.  Common courtesy is a zipper, every other car.  Almost got hit the last time when some jack off decides to break this courtesy and ride the bumper of the car he's following.  Had I not stopped he would've smashed me and I'm still pissed about it.  Freaking jerk.

I've probably already said it in this thread but bears repeating... watching videos on your phone without headphones while in a public area like a fast food joint has to be the worst thing ever.  Seriously, I don't want to hear screaming or music or anything from your phone.  They make earbuds for a reason.  Use them.  I wish I wasn't so passive-aggressive and could just turn around and tell them "that's effing RUDE!" or something like that.  Ugh.  A-holios.  

I've probably already said it in this thread but bears repeating... watching videos on your phone without headphones while in a public area like a fast food joint has to be the worst thing ever.  Seriously, I don't want to hear screaming or music or anything from your phone.  They make earbuds for a reason.  Use them.  I wish I wasn't so passive-aggressive and could just turn around and tell them "that's effing RUDE!" or something like that.  Ugh.  A-holios.  
In a bathroom i would repeatedly flush or use the hand dryer but not sure what to do in a food court.

Be hyper aggressive, flail "wildly" slapping the phone out of their hands and onto the floor. Tell them their extremely loud and unexpected activities caused you a momentary uncontrollable neurological fit and offer to buy them a small soda for their troubles.

Be hyper aggressive, flail "wildly" slapping the phone out of their hands and onto the floor. Tell them their extremely loud and unexpected activities caused you a momentary uncontrollable neurological fit and offer to buy them a small soda for their troubles.
I may just try that.  Will report back, TIA.

I would use the voice memo function on my phone and pretend that I'm a novelist taking notes/inspiration for a scene in my next novel.  

I may just try that.  Will report back, TIA.
fwiw- I typically ask these people to turn it down.. in a nice, smiling way (if I can muster it). 9/10 times works fine. we've had a resurgence of blue-tooth speaker- aka boombox- use on the subways here in NYC where they've had no radio/boombox playing clearly marked for years. some people look like they're doing it just to get a rise out of the rest of the travellers- hoping that somebody, even nicely asks to turn it down. I do my best to identify avoid these people but have to suck up the terrible music.

fwiw- I typically ask these people to turn it down.. in a nice, smiling way (if I can muster it). 9/10 times works fine. we've had a resurgence of blue-tooth speaker- aka boombox- use on the subways here in NYC where they've had no radio/boombox playing clearly marked for years. some people look like they're doing it just to get a rise out of the rest of the travellers- hoping that somebody, even nicely asks to turn it down. I do my best to identify avoid these people but have to suck up the terrible music.
Well, the past couple of times it's happened I've been done with my lunch and I was just checking Facebook or whatever... gave the people a dirty look and walked out.  I know, passive-aggressive much?

Well, the past couple of times it's happened I've been done with my lunch and I was just checking Facebook or whatever... gave the people a dirty look and walked out.  I know, passive-aggressive much?
I've been seeing it a lot more with little kids on the subway or public bus... parents don't want to have to deal with them, even in public, and can't be bothered to get headphones for them.

such a different cultural background than mine to ever think that's ok in public, although I admit to being hypersensitive to how I act (and get my kids to act) in public. I make sure that the world doesn't suffer in any way due to my actions- which sometimes inconveniences me instead of non-noticing/aware perfect strangers... but that's how I roll.

I've been seeing it a lot more with little kids on the subway or public bus... parents don't want to have to deal with them, even in public, and can't be bothered to get headphones for them.

such a different cultural background than mine to ever think that's ok in public, although I admit to being hypersensitive to how I act (and get my kids to act) in public. I make sure that the world doesn't suffer in any way due to my actions- which sometimes inconveniences me instead of non-noticing/aware perfect strangers... but that's how I roll.
Being a parent of a 7 and 5 year old, I can almost "get" a situation where you're trying to entertain an otherwise squirmy and bored little one.

I'm talking about a 30-something year old dude who's sitting there eating his lunch at a fast food joint and thinks it's OK to start watching some video on his phone with the volume turned all the way up.  Do you not see the 12-13 other people sitting within earshot?  Do you think they want to hear that?  So stupid.  I want to throw their phone against the wall and walk out.

what is meant by "zipper merge"? how is it different than just merging in to traffic from an on-ramp normally?

Users who are viewing this thread