What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone renew Global Entry / NEXUS / SENTRI lately? (1 Viewer)

The General

Footballguy
Curious if anyone has renewed in past couple years in either of these programs. My NEXUS renewal has been pending for weeks now.

I get it being slow but there isn't any communication and if I have to do the interview thing again that takes a really long time.

Beyond frustrating. Last time I tried to schedule a Zoom interview I gave up after advancing the calendar to 2027. Neat agency.

I get it being slow but there isn't any communication and if I have to do the interview thing again that takes a really long time.
The interview takes a long time or getting the interview take a really long time? The latter had always been true. I’m actually scheduling my appointment 6 months prior to mine expiring in an attempt to expedite the process. Global Entry.

The interview takes a long time or getting the interview take a really long time? The latter had always been true. I’m actually scheduling my appointment 6 months prior to mine expiring in an attempt to expedite the process. Global Entry.
Getting the interview has been crazy in my experience and that was Pre-Covid - like 9 month wait unless you drove to the border which I did. Even that took months. The interview I don't even remember so I think it was short.

I just read that if you didn't let it lapse (NEXUS at least) and are in the process of renewing they are giving a grace period of 5 years which seems crazy. Not sure how that works but am trying to find out. If that is the case I am not sweating this at all.

Wow. That’s pretty bad. Mine expires next April. Maybe I should just do Pre-Check instead only if it’s faster.

Just go to an airport and wait for a GE appointment. They say don't do that but if you sit there and beg they will eventually let you in and process it.

Wow. That’s pretty bad. Mine expires next April. Maybe I should just do Pre-Check instead only if it’s faster.
If I get more info on this 5 year grace period if you are in the review process I will post in here. That would be a a good deal since they are so backed up.

Not sure how this works though if the card is expired. I have little faith n the guy at the border knowing this despite what they tell me not to mention it keeping my TSA pre-check active.

Just go to an airport and wait for a GE appointment. They say don't do that but if you sit there and beg they will eventually let you in and process it.
They will not, at least in any bigger airports. Now if you are returning from an international flight you can, but that's in the secure area of CBP.

Man that sucks, wish they had an app for renewals like they do for initial appointments. That was super easy to get one.

ETA the app we used for our initial appointment is Global Interview on the iOS App Store. Totally worth the 5 bucks. You get an alert that a new appointment is available at whichever sites you're monitoring. You then login to the trusted traveler program site and book it. You need to be fairly quick but I was able to snag appointments close to home and only a few weeks out. On the TTP site, I couldn't even find appointments more than a year out using their scheduler.

Last edited:
Man that sucks, wish they had an app for renewals like they do for initial appointments. That was super easy to get one.
So you can renew online in your account and that was pretty easy, they just have to determine if you need to interview again or just send you a new card.

This review is taking ages for everyone apparently.

So you can renew online in your account and that was pretty easy, they just have to determine if you need to interview again or just send you a new card.

This review is taking ages for everyone apparently.
Hopefully they have it all worked out in 5 years when I need to renew.

i did mine last year and had no interview process, took about 6 weeks to renew. if you have a credit card or 2 check the card benefits. one of my cards gives me 100% credit if i use it to renew, making it free. several have this benny.
Confirmed. AmEx platinum for one. Let me know if anyone needs a referral :wink:

They will not, at least in any bigger airports. Now if you are returning from an international flight you can, but that's in the secure area of CBP.

I've had luck at dfw with this approach playing dumb and saying the interior spot was fully

We renewed Global Entry about 18 months ago. Due to still Covid restrictions had to make the reservation for appt several months out and went to San Antonio airport (about 90 min from Austin). Interview went quick and received "final approval" within a couple weeks.

We renewed Global Entry about 18 months ago. Due to still Covid restrictions had to make the reservation for appt several months out and went to San Antonio airport (about 90 min from Austin). Interview went quick and received "final approval" within a couple weeks.
Almost identical experience, except we drove to Milwaukee (from north suburbs of Chicago).

Wow. I'm feeling very fortunate to have renewed last year with no hassle. Just did it online and got my updated card within a couple weeks.

My wife renewed her global entry within the last 6 months. She did hey interview when arriving into IAD from an international trip. I think it took some coordination to get that appt and she did wait 2-3 months to get the appt.

My wife renewed her global entry within the last 6 months. She did hey interview when arriving into IAD from an international trip. I think it took some coordination to get that appt and she did wait 2-3 months to get the appt.
I am hoping to not do the interview and just get a renewal but we'll see.

I renewed Global Entry a couple of months ago. I was cleared with no interview in approx. one week. I was shocked at how fast and easy it was. Maybe I got lucky...

Brother in law came home from Japan to Atlanta recently and stood in line for hours, only for them to close when he was 2nd in line.

Brother in law came home from Japan to Atlanta recently and stood in line for hours, only for them to close when he was 2nd in line.
That sucks, they should have at least capped the line so they timed it when they wanted to close.

Just realized I originally responded to this post in January with a reminder to myself to renew. Never did.

:sadface:

Just did now though so we'll see how long it takes.

Out of the blue my NEXUS card arrived in the mail. About 6 months later, but in my hands now. Good for years now.

Forgot about this thread. So a few weeks ago I went through security and the guy was like "sir this is the precheck line." I replied, "Yes, it always is, is there an issue?" And apparently I didn't have precheck. I assumed travel messed up, popped over to the airline desk, gave them the KTN and asked them to add precheck to boarding pass. They said the KTN doesn't exist or isn't precheck.

My GE had FINALLY expired without doing the interview. So right there in the airport I used my phone to look for an interview and found a virtual one at 6am ET the next day. So went through regular security (OMG what a nightmare that is if you carry any electronics like I do) and the interview took a legit 5 minutes the next morning and I had precheck back by my Thursday flight home.

What's best program for occasional travel to Canada and once every few years trip to Korea?
I think it’s kind of a push but it’s a bit complicated to be honest. I think they are kind of interchangeable for Canada. But generally Nexus is better for going into Canada, Global Entry better for coming back into US from Canada and other countries. So just depends which you value more.

They are also interchangeable at some airports, I think I have seen that as well but not all.

The Customs process is always confusing and I always feel like I get into the wrong lane anyways 😂

Going on 4 months now...still pending.

Bang up job, boys!
I renewed mine and my two daughters a month ago (Nexus). It is in pending status, but because of delays they are tacking on another year before expiration (as long as you are in pending status).
Yep. I got the same info.

Was curious how that was going to work if say I didn’t have a new card and was trying to go through the lanes with an expired card. I don’t necessarily trust this info to be relayed properly.

I didn’t get any updates via email but my account did change from Pending to Approved looks like about 3 weeks ago. Everything ended up working just a lot slower…which they did warn me about.

Mrs. O went the provisional Global Entry path for renewal and got her new card in about 3 weeks. I’m going to do the same thing in Feb/March before mine expires.

Users who are viewing this thread