What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (7 Viewers)

Team/online meetings should start when they're scheduled, but not earlier. If you want to meet at 8:55 schedule it for then.

But that also means if you're not early you're late. If the meeting is scheduled for 9:00 it starts at 9:00. The obvious caveat for lateness is if you had a meeting immediately before that ran over time.

I routinely join teams meetings very early. If I have an in person appt at 11 and you set up a teams call for 10 am, I might join at 9:40 right before i hit the street so I can already be connected to the call instead of messing with my phone while driving. (I know, crazy concept)

I never realized that the meeting organizer got a message saying I joined the call until last week when the guy also joined just to tell me not to join so early.

I explained why i do it and he was like oh, so you dont care if you have to wait twenty minutes? Told him i was in a moving waiting room anyway.

Why does In n out burger ask me in the drive thru if i will be eating in my car?
I'm pretty sure it's a carryover from when they first started out where they had no indoor seating. There are still some locations here in SoCal that have drive-through lanes and a walkup window with a little outdoor seating only. So I guess some people would just order in the drive-through and mow their food in the parking lot. I know I would do that, especially since the fries are terrible if you get them in the drive-though and wait to eat them once you're home.
Why does the person taking my order need to know that?

I have answered both ways now and literally nothing changed.

Eta:According to reddit in the car is supposed to mean in a box.
That's correct. If you're not "eating it in the car" they put it in a bag/bags like a normal fast food joint would. If you happen to want to eat it in the parking lot or while you're driving (not that I would recommend this), then it comes in a lid-less box.

Oops looks like Radahs also got this in...

Arriving 8:57 to a 9:00 Teams is ontime, 8:58 is finger tapping on the desk late.
I try arriving a couple minutes early just to avoid any computer-related issues. Today I was running a little late to a 10am call, hit "Join" at 9:59 and .... nothing. Tried to open up the invite itself and hit the link there .... nothing. Joined via my phone right at 10 because it's one of those meetings you can't just miss or even be late to and rebooted the computer and merged into the call at 10:02ish. Ugh.

I'll sometimes jump on teams a little early due to ensuring my buds properly connect.
there are times i am attempting to finish another meeting or am on a call that runs over. such is life

This is a new one for me. I am driving home from work in traffic so I called a Hawaiian food place to pick up food for the family. Total was $66, lady says their new policy is orders over $65 they charge 15% gratuity. They have never done this before so I ask is this for phone orders and she says no. I have usually given $2-5 but $10 automatic for carryout is stupid.

If I’m the host, I will join a few minutes early. If I’m not, then I try to join at the exact time or 1 minute before.

Any Zooms or Teams that aren’t internal are with doctors, who always run late.

This is a new one for me. I am driving home from work in traffic so I called a Hawaiian food place to pick up food for the family. Total was $66, lady says their new policy is orders over $65 they charge 15% gratuity. They have never done this before so I ask is this for phone orders and she says no. I have usually given $2-5 but $10 automatic for carryout is stupid.
Why would she tell you that's the policy if it's actually not lol

I clarified when I got there and she said it has always been the policy but that it was probably since they increased their prices recently and now my normal order went from $61 to $66.

I clarified when I got there and she said it has always been the policy but that it was probably since they increased their prices recently and now my normal order went from $61 to $66.
But it's not the policy for phone orders

But it's not the policy for phone orders
Sorry, I asked if the 15% gratuity was only for phone orders and she said no, meaning it was for all orders. I just hadn't reached the $65 until they recently raised the prices.

Door to door "salesmen"

I have a no soliciting sign because we were getting so many.

Dude just knocked hard, I popped the ring camera and just said can you not read the sign

Passive aggressive move on my part but idc anymore
I'm a little amazed these still exist
We call them solar scammers. Thats like 90% of them here.

Only thing worse is the stupid landscapers that just throw business cards in the driveway. My new thing is texting them to ask for an estimate to get trash picked up from my yard. They usually ask for more details and then i text a picture of like 6 of their business cards in my front yard. I scoop them up from my neighbors houses.

Mrs. R grew up in Florida, so she understandably wants to keep all food in Ziploc bags to avoid spoilage/bugs. OK, fine, and I've come around on that. But she steadfastly refuses to squeeze the excess air out before closing the bag. Thus they end up taking up too much room (in the freezer, for example) and I'm always worry they're going to pop and send ingredients flying.

She comes by it honestly, though. My mother-in-law does the exact same thing

you can buy hard liquor in gas stations in wisconsin take that to the bank brohans
On my ride down to the Derby in the 90s we drove through towns that were completely dry, to be followed by an town with drive thru liquor stores. 🍷 🚗
I don't think we have drive through liquor stores in NJ, but we do have dry towns, almost all of which have a liquor store just over the border in a neighboring town.
When I was in college in Philly, people used to drive over to NJ to buy liquor. Can't remember the exact reason -- maybe they weren't as strict policing fake IDs? And everyone knew that after you left the store, you should drive to one other place before crossing back into PA to reduce the risk that you'd get stopped by Liquor Control Board officials
Gas station for the cheaper full-service gas while you were there?
FTFY
It was one of the great miracles that NJ had by far the lowest gas prices in the Northeast despite requiring full service, Of course that was more than offset by having by far the highest property taxes in the country.

The gas tax was raised a few years ago so NJ is not by far the lowest in price anymore. But it’s still quite a bit lower than PA, whose gas prices are almost as bad as NY’s.
I may have just figured out this mystery. I'm in Mass, most gas stations are self serve there's a couple full service places that are near various places I frequent and ironically they have the lowest prices. So I try to hit them up when I'm in the area. Now yesterday I stop in at one, and noone's coming out to pump the gas. I give it a minute and figure maybe they don't do the full service anymore since hadn't been there in maybe a month so get out to pump the gas. Put in the amount as $25 and start pumping the gas, when it gets to about $23, gas stops coming out and the price just ticks to $25. And that my friends is how the full service places have lower prices. I did say something to the attendant, he didn't speak great English seemed like he was offering to go get me a couple bucks but wasn't really sure, I just said forget it. But won't be going back.

you can buy hard liquor in gas stations in wisconsin take that to the bank brohans
On my ride down to the Derby in the 90s we drove through towns that were completely dry, to be followed by an town with drive thru liquor stores. 🍷 🚗
I don't think we have drive through liquor stores in NJ, but we do have dry towns, almost all of which have a liquor store just over the border in a neighboring town.
When I was in college in Philly, people used to drive over to NJ to buy liquor. Can't remember the exact reason -- maybe they weren't as strict policing fake IDs? And everyone knew that after you left the store, you should drive to one other place before crossing back into PA to reduce the risk that you'd get stopped by Liquor Control Board officials
FTFY
It was one of the great miracles that NJ had by far the lowest gas prices in the Northeast despite requiring full service, Of course that was more than offset by having by far the highest property taxes in the country.

The gas tax was raised a few years ago so NJ is not by far the lowest in price anymore. But it’s still quite a bit lower than PA, whose gas prices are almost as bad as NY’s.
I may have just figured out this mystery. I'm in Mass, most gas stations are self serve there's a couple full service places that are near various places I frequent and ironically they have the lowest prices. So I try to hit them up when I'm in the area. Now yesterday I stop in at one, and noone's coming out to pump the gas. I give it a minute and figure maybe they don't do the full service anymore since hadn't been there in maybe a month so get out to pump the gas. Put in the amount as $25 and start pumping the gas, when it gets to about $23, gas stops coming out and the price just ticks to $25. And that my friends is how the full service places have lower prices. I did say something to the attendant, he didn't speak great English seemed like he was offering to go get me a couple bucks but wasn't really sure, I just said forget it. But won't be going back.
Could this be the reason?

FTFY

interesting article but no, i paid $25 and got only $23 worth of gas.

FTFY

That would be illegal in Texas. There's even a way to report those things.

FTFY

That would be illegal in Texas. There's even a way to report those things.
I think that is illegal everywhere

I love BBQ. You know the real kind with the correct tomato based BBQ sauce....not that nasty vinegar ****. Anyways sometimes when I order a sandwich I get chunks of fat in it and I just hate the teture.

please don't take my southern card

I love BBQ. You know the real kind with the correct tomato based BBQ sauce....not that nasty vinegar ****. Anyways sometimes when I order a sandwich I get chunks of fat in it and I just hate the teture.

I consider myself a little bit of a BBQ snob after living in Texas for so many years.

I found myself in North Carolina about a year ago and was told to go to this local hole-in-the-wall for the "best BBQ around". Well, the pulled pork was not half bad, but the brisket was turrible and the vinegar-based "sauce" made me want to vomit.

I consider myself a little bit of a BBQ snob after living in Texas for so many years.

I found myself in North Carolina about a year ago and was told to go to this local hole-in-the-wall for the "best BBQ around". Well, the pulled pork was not half bad, but the brisket was turrible and the vinegar-based "sauce" made me want to vomit.
Do you dislike vinegar?

I could bathe in the stuff. A good sauce. Not vomit.

Users who are viewing this thread