What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (12 Viewers)

2. Double doors going into a store or restaurant. Why do people seemingly always try to enter on the left? Stay right!
My wife goes for the left door - she's a bit of a germaphobe since we had our daughter who has asthma and seems to catch everything easily. Her reasoning is that most people are right handed and will go for the right door handle, so she goes left to hopefully pick up less germs. :shrug: It makes sense I guess, as long as you're not trying to disrupt the exit flow of traffic like you're suggesting.

1. People saying that they "don't have time" to do something. We all have the same 24 hours in the day. Say that it's not a priority, not that you don't have time.
"I don't have time" == "It's not a priority" in my mind when its said. And there are times people are swamped with requests to do stuff and don't actually have time to do it all as well. It's your peeve of course, but I think maybe one worth retiring.

Reactions: JAA
When those individual little floss pickers break as soon as they enter between my teeth.
Even worse is seeing them on the ground in parking lots. Throw them in the trash you lazy ****s.
Thats why i asked if he has them in his car. Second most common item on the ground in parking lots. Cigarettes and these things. Masks and rubber gloves took iver for a while, but the d bag trash hierarchy has returned to normal.

The other day I am going somewhere. My subdivision is very small and there are two ways in/out of it. On one side is a rather large family (maybe more than one family?) that has a parade of very nice cars there. I am guessing they are car salesmen of some sort as there is usually about 4 or 5 cars parked in their drive way or the street. Mercedes, BMW, Audi, currently even a Lamborgini. Well outside the norms of our neighborhood type cars. The cars change often. On more than one occasion they have done something that is just not very mindful of others or just dumb... examples of which.... we saved their house from burning down late 4th of July as we were coming home and my wife noticed a fire. I had her swing back around and sure enough the trash can was on fire. Close enough to a car and the house that without action, they would eventually go up too. The morons just threw all their firecracker stuff in the trash. Another was one of them sitting at the stop sign to the main street, I pulled behind... no traffic coming... I waited.... waited... waited.... finally had to blow my horn. I have no idea what they were doing. Another time at the same intersection pulled out when I was turning in and almost hit me. Another time driving dead set in the middle of the road so I had to go way around them. Just things like this over and over.

But then this day.... they have cars parked on both sides of the street. And then there is a BMW SUV sitting in the middle. There is no way around. I pull up and then patiently wait for them to get out of the way. After more than enough time for them to move, I laid in on my horn. They finally start to go and right when passing me, quickly accelerate. It set me off... there was a few guys standing outside and I stopped got out and yelled at them that they need to tell the driver to cool it, this is a neighborhood with kids and not a speedway. They acted dumb and after yelling my piece, I got back in and left.

In general, when people are not mindful of others and exercise a minimal amount of common courtesy... it really gets to me.

we saved their house from burning down late 4th of July as we were coming home and my wife noticed a fire. I had her swing back around and sure enough the trash can was on fire. Close enough to a car and the house that without action, they would eventually go up too. The morons just threw all their firecracker stuff in the trash.
Maybe I am just paranoid about that happening, but once fireworks were allowed in our city limits I bought a metal trash can specifically for this. It snuffs the oxygen enough to ease my concern, plus I leave it down at the end of the driveway overnight to be safe. And this is on top of my using my wife's watering can to put some water on the remains prior to putting it in the can.

we saved their house from burning down late 4th of July as we were coming home and my wife noticed a fire. I had her swing back around and sure enough the trash can was on fire. Close enough to a car and the house that without action, they would eventually go up too. The morons just threw all their firecracker stuff in the trash.
Maybe I am just paranoid about that happening, but once fireworks were allowed in our city limits I bought a metal trash can specifically for this. It snuffs the oxygen enough to ease my concern, plus I leave it down at the end of the driveway overnight to be safe. And this is on top of my using my wife's watering can to put some water on the remains prior to putting it in the can.
I didn't see the flame, it was just starting and my wife said as we drove by "was that fire?" and I said I didn't see, come back around and let's check it out. By the time we did, it was all up in flames. Enough time it would have got the car and house on fire. But that swing around was like a minute of time and it just went up.

Apologies if these have been covered, but I've got two that are front of mind for me today:

1. People saying that they "don't have time" to do something. We all have the same 24 hours in the day. Say that it's not a priority, not that you don't have time.
One of my all-time favorite quotes is “You have exactly enough time for the important things.”

Reactions: JAA
Apologies if these have been covered, but I've got two that are front of mind for me today:

One of my all-time favorite quotes is “You have exactly enough time for the important things.”
Only a psychopath would answer "sorry, that is not a priority for me" when someone asks you to do something

Only a psychopath would answer "sorry, that is not a priority for me" when someone asks you to do something
<------ definite sociopath here

I'm running to Starbucks you want anything?

Oh... I was going to schedule grocery pickup, let me see if I can do that now?

What?

You know pick up groceries while you are out...
Huh... Starbucks is .7 miles from here, supermarket is 10 minutes the opposite direction. Just schedule it for later.

Fine just trying to save you a trip.......

I literally have to pass the house on the way back :lol:

So do you want anything or not? :wall: :

If you have to ask me 20 questions about what something is, it isnt a service you provide.
We once tried a new Indian restaurant near us.

ME: "Do you have chana saag?"
THEM: "Huh?"
ME: "You know, chana saag, chickpeas in a spinach sauce."
THEM: "You mean saag paneer?"
ME: "No, not paneer. Chana saag, with chickpeas ... How is it that I'm a white dude explaining a fairly common Indian dish to an Indian employee of an Indian restaurant?"

(OK, I didn't actually say that last line. But I was definitely thinking it.)

I finally gave up, ordered from a different place, and then called an Indian friend of mine to confirm that I wasn't crazy

OOh I got another one

Asking my wife to take 30 minutes from work for an appointment or whatever is met with the disdain as if she she takes any time the world will spin off its axis and we will all die BUT if I have to take time "it's no biggie".

I mean I have plenty of time and she does also its just the same crap over and over.

SHe cannot separate herself from her work while admirable is a definite issue

OOh I got another one

Asking my wife to take 30 minutes from work for an appointment or whatever is met with the disdain as if she she takes any time the world will spin off its axis and we will all die BUT if I have to take time "it's no biggie".

I mean I have plenty of time and she does also its just the same crap over and over.

dealing with this today. i swear we are living parallel lives married to the same woman.

take our kid to her appointment tomorrow, please. i'll get the next one.

OOh I got another one

dealing with this today. i swear we are living parallel lives married to the same woman.

But the lack of sex totally makes up for it amirite..... :oldunsure: ... I mean yeah

OOh I got another one

But the lack of sex totally makes up for it amirite..... :oldunsure: ... I mean yeah
What is this "sex" you speak of?

OOh I got another one

Apparently we're all in a throuple

OOh I got another one

OOh I got another one

OOh I got another one

What is this "sex" you speak of?

OOh I got another one

Apparently we're all in a throuple
catch you all later at the commune

OOh I got another one

Is it wife swap time?

Getting added to mile long email strings, being asked for your thoughts. Have to hold myself back from replying “My thoughts are this email string is a travesty.”
People who reply to long email strings with one word answers like "Thanks" or "LOL"
People who reply to long email strings asking to be unsubscribed, which inevitably leads to a total meltdown
People who reply to long email strings

OOh I got another one

Is it wife swap time?
:oldunsure:

Door to door salesmen have probably been covered, but my god how annoying. Get a knock on our door right as we're sitting down for dinner. I tell ,my wife not to open but she does anyway and gets treated to a ten minute pitch on how we need to spray for spiders around our house (even though I've maybe seen 3 spiders in my house in the 4 years we've lived here). The guy wouldn't STFU even after my wife said multiple times we aren't interested. I almost got up to put the guy in his place.

I would like to extend this to ALL people who try to sell me stuff unsolicited. I am not interested and most likely will never be interested. If I were I would've done research and went with who I wanted for it.

Door to door salesmen have probably been covered, but my god how annoying. Get a knock on our door right as we're sitting down for dinner. I tell ,my wife not to open but she does anyway and gets treated to a ten minute pitch on how we need to spray for spiders around our house (even though I've maybe seen 3 spiders in my house in the 4 years we've lived here). The guy wouldn't STFU even after my wife said multiple times we aren't interested. I almost got up to put the guy in his place.

I would like to extend this to ALL people who try to sell me stuff unsolicited. I am not interested and most likely will never be interested. If I were I would've done research and went with who I wanted for it.
She does know that she can just shut the door, right?

She does know that she can just shut the door, right?

She's too nice. Even considering this, after her second or third "Sorry we're not interested" she finally came out with "I'm going to have to cut this short" at which point the guy said have a nice day and walked away. I wouldn't mind it so much if they would stop and leave the first time we say we're not interested, but to keep on going, is just flat out rude.

Is this really an effective sales tactic? Do people really cave in after being hounded and badgered by these people?

She's too nice. Even considering this, after her second or third "Sorry we're not interested" she finally came out with "I'm going to have to cut this short" at which point the guy said have a nice day and walked away. I wouldn't mind it so much if they would stop and leave the first time we say we're not interested, but to keep on going, is just flat out rude.

Is this really an effective sales tactic? Do people really cave in after being hounded and badgered by these people?
Hoping like Will Ferrell’s character in Austin Powers who can’t refuse after being asked three times.

"Folks we have some passengers that are going to have to rush to meet their connecting flight so we'd appreciate it if they could de-plane first."

Sure, no problem. Until I see The Neanderthal Family who was seated behind me - and queued up I the aforementioned line - picking up their stuff at baggage claim. 😡

Once again, sitting at a gate at an airport and there's a few dolts watching videos on their phones with the sound up for all to hear. Effing ridiculous.
We should all start sitting down next to these people, leaning in closely and watching the videos with them. They obviously want to share their viewing habits with the world, it's only polite that we oblige. I'm sure they'd love it if you gave loud running commentary on the video while it's running too. I recommend having the extra garlic burrito prior to doing this as well. Channel your inner Del Griffith.

Almost got in a fight with a guy about 5 years ago because he wouldn't leave my property. We're on our township's no soliciting list and these people are supposed to get a copy before they do it. This guy completely lied to me about it, wouldn't leave, and was acting like I was the world's biggest dumbass because I wasn't interested in the great deal he was trying to offer me.

Did I say one of my pet peeves is when people are making a left hand turn and they cut into the opposite sides lane because they are too lazy to properly turn the steering wheel?

Almost got in a fight with a guy about 5 years ago because he wouldn't leave my property. We're on our township's no soliciting list and these people are supposed to get a copy before they do it. This guy completely lied to me about it, wouldn't leave, and was acting like I was the world's biggest dumbass because I wasn't interested in the great deal he was trying to offer me.
When we hadn’t been in our house very long so we didn’t have much in the way of landscaping, we were sitting out behind our house and a dude walked all the way up our driveway and then through our grass into our backyard to try to sell us on his lawn/landscaping service. Even if I had been interested there’s no way I would have patronized a guy who sees nothing wrong with tresspassing 100 feet onto somebody’s property in order to harass people just trying to relax in the evening.

People who don't understand how timezones work. You don't need a complex degree in mathematics to understand that if you live on the east coast and feel it necessary to send a text to somebody on the west coast that there is a 3 hour time difference and maybe just MAYBE 9:30am  your time isn't an appropriate time to launch that text on a Saturday. Right, Uncle Dawson? :hot:

People who don't understand how timezones work. You don't need a complex degree in mathematics to understand that if you live on the east coast and feel it necessary to send a text to somebody on the west coast that there is a 3 hour time difference and maybe just MAYBE 9:30am  your time isn't an appropriate time to launch that text on a Saturday. Right, Uncle Dawson? :hot:
DND down?

DND down?
Yeah this is a little extreme to get peeved about. It’s just a text, he’s not calling you. If you wanna sleep in DND or silence your phone til you wake up

DND down?

For me? Yes. 80 year old dad, need to be available to him 24/7. Also, neurotic boss in the office at 420am. Need to be available to him too.

Users who are viewing this thread