What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Donnybrook's first and probably my last mock (1 Viewer)

Donnybrook

Footballguy
I am sure most of you will find holes in this Mock that you can drive a Mack truck through but I had to go the record with one mock before the real thing happens. Now I can watch the real draft and say stuff like "I knew they were going to pick him" or more likely "Who TF did they just pick"

1 OAKLAND RAIDERS (from HOUSTON TEXANS) DE JADEVEON CLOWNEY

This trade does not happen until the 5th pick is off the board when the Raiders select Blake Bortles on behalf of the Texans. Oakland then trades the 1.05 (Bortles) , 2.05 this year and their 1st in 2015.

If you read some of Houston GM Rick Smith comments recently, it is obvious that he wants to trade down and still get a QB. I do not blame him. In order for him to that he needs a team like the Raiders to cooperate with him. Why the Radiers? I just think Reggie McKenzie is a little bit of a gambler. He knows his team could use Bortles even if a trade for Clowney doesnt happen. The other teams have other targets and dont want to take that risk. He also wants to infuse some youth into defensive line made up mostly of newly acquired veteran free agents.

2 ST. LOUIS RAMS select OT GREG ROBINSON

3 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS select QB JOHNNY MANZIEL

4 CLEVELAND BROWNS select OLB KHALIL MACK

5 HOUSTON TEXANS (via Oakland) select QB BLAKE BORTLES

6 ATLANTA FALCONS select OT JAKE MATHEWS

7 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS select WR SAMMY WATKINS

8 DALLAS COWBOYS (from MINNESOTA) select DE ANTHONEY BARR

Minnesota gets the 1.16 and 2.16 (48 overall)

This trade is based solely on the loss of DeMarcus Ware and the fact that Jerry Jones isnt scared to move up or down in the draft. Most scouts described Demarcus Ware entering the draft as very athletic but very raw OLB prospect. I dont think many had going as high as 11. Barr similarly has only played two years at the position but the Cowboys might see same type of potential with Barr.

Vikings decide to move down with both Manziel and Bortles going early. The last thing Spielman want to do is reach for a QB, thus the trade down.

9 BUFFALO BILLS select WR MIKE EVANS

10 DETROIT LIONS select OT TAYLOR LEWAN

11 TENNESSEE TITANS select FS HA CLINTON DIX

12 NEW YORK GIANTS select CB JUSTIN GILBERT

13 ST. LOUIS RAMS select QB TEDDY BRIDGEWATER

14 CHICAGO BEARS select DT AARON DONALD

15 PITTSBURGH STEELERS select CB DARQUEZE DENNARD

16 MINNESOTA VIKINGS (from Dallas) select CB KYLE FULLER

17 BALTIMORE RAVENS select WR ODELL BECKHAM JR.

18 NEW YORK JETS select TE ERIC EBRON

19 MIAMI DOLPHINS select G XAVIER SUA-FILO

20 ARIZONA CARDINALS select DE KONY EALY

21 GREEN BAY PACKERS select DT LOUIS NIX III

22 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES select WR MARQUES LEE

23 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS select WR BRANDIN COOKS

24 CINCINATI BENGALS select FS CALVIN PRYOR

25 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS select OT ZACK MARTIN

26 CLEVELAND BROWNS select C.J. MOSLEY

27 NEW ORLEANS SAINTS select CB JASON VERRETT

28 HOUSTON TEXANS (from CAROLINA) select OLB DEE FORD

Carolina gets the 2.01 and 3.01.

29 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS select WR KELVIN BENJAMIN

30 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS select LB RYAN SHAZIER

31 DENVER BRONCOS select CB BRADLEY ROBY

32 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS select OT MORGAN MOSES

2.01 CAROLINA PANTHERS select OT CYRUS KOUANDJIO

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the Mock Donny.

I am not sure how I feel about Beckham in Baltimore, but if Ozzie does that I trust his evaluation.

The Browns drafting 2 LB seems odd to me as they already have quality players there. They did let Jackson go so they need a middle coverage LB (don't most teams?) but they just drafted Mingo last season.

Not saying Mack isn't a great player, but then doubling up at the LB position with both 1st round picks does not seem like the best use of those picks to improve their team.

The defense would be scary though.

I like the trade for the Vikings and Fuller is a great pick, as we have already been discussing, I prefer Shazier, but I would be happy with Fuller as well. The 48th pick from the trade will likely be a very good player. With 2 2nd and 2 3rd round picks the Vikings could move back up again in the draft as well.

Thanks for the Mock Donny.

I am not sure how I feel about Beckham in Baltimore, but if Ozzie does that I trust his evaluation.

The Browns drafting 2 LB seems odd to me as they already have quality players there. They did let Jackson go so they need a middle coverage LB (don't most teams?) but they just drafted Mingo last season.

Not saying Mack isn't a great player, but then doubling up at the LB position with both 1st round picks does not seem like the best use of those picks to improve their team.

The defense would be scary though.

I like the trade for the Vikings and Fuller is a great pick, as we have already been discussing, I prefer Shazier, but I would be happy with Fuller as well. The 48th pick from the trade will likely be a very good player. With 2 2nd and 2 3rd round picks the Vikings could move back up again in the draft as well.
Yeah, I understand what you are saying with the Cleveland pick. The entire top of the draft hinges on Houston being able to trade down and Raiders being motivated to trade up. Mack falling to the Raiders might kill it. I am starting to realize that the deck is stacked against Houston and a trade for the top pick is not a very likely scenario.

Their is an average of 4 trades in the first round so I like mocks that have a few trades, takes guts to try and figure out what trades might happen.

And I didn't even notice that you had the Browns taking two linebackers till someone else pointed it out, lol. I have to agree that if they take one at the top of the first that they will probably look at a different position later in the round.

Good effort Donnie.

Would love that scenario for the Vikings! It could happen...I would be happy with Fuller or Shazier with that pick for the Vikings.

Would love that scenario for the Vikings! It could happen...I would be happy with Fuller or Shazier with that pick for the Vikings.
I thought I would be getting more grief over the Fuller pick. He is usually going much later in mocks. I went with Fuller because I decided that with the quality receivers in the NFC North it might be more desirable to have mediocre linebackers and a good secondary over the opposite way around. I would have taken Shazier over Mosely there though if I went linebacker there. I know that the Vikings have been looking at Preston Brown as a possible sleeper middle LB.

I kinda coped out by having St Louis take Bridgewater at 13. I am not sure they even like him. I don't think the Vikings would take Bridgewater at 8 but at 16 they might.

ImTheScientist said:
Athletically speaking I'm not sure Morgan Moses fits what the hawks desire in an offensive lineman.
I originally had Jace Amaro going to Seattle there. Then I figured with TE prospects like Graham and Pitta slipping to 3rd round in past drafts, it seemed unlikely that Amaro without the elite measurables would go that high.

Is Barr really projecting at #8 now? I still see him going in the 16-25 range in most mocks.

I thought I would be getting more grief over the Fuller pick. He is usually going much later in mocks. I went with Fuller because I decided that with the quality receivers in the NFC North it might be more desirable to have mediocre linebackers and a good secondary over the opposite way around. I would have taken Shazier over Mosely there though if I went linebacker there. I know that the Vikings have been looking at Preston Brown as a possible sleeper middle LB.

I kinda coped out by having St Louis take Bridgewater at 13. I am not sure they even like him. I don't think the Vikings would take Bridgewater at 8 but at 16 they might.
I saw a couple mocks (one by Pat Kirwan) that had the Vikings trading with Dallas and the Cowboys taking Donald, and the Vikings were able to get Bortles at 16. That would be ideal.

I really like Fuller the more I read about him and see him on "tape."

The Vikings will have plenty of options on draft day(s)...should be a fun time!

Nice mock in general... couple points:

- McKenzie was Ted Thompson's protege, and Thompson always builds through the draft without major splashes -- does that mean McKenzie must follow the same MO? No but I don't know that McKenzie would give up that much considering OAK has many holes to fill (including giving up a high 2nd when they could draft a WR in the 2nd for a team that majorly needs WR's). You also hear reports about McKenzie needing to win now for his job -- would the owner be willing to give up a future 1st as well when it seems more like the MO of the old regime?

- With BAL re-signing a now healthy Pitta and acquiring Smitty, I don't think they'd use their 1st on a WR when their primary need is to ensure their OL is fixed. I seem to recall seeing a blurb or two that Zack Martin would be a good zone blocking OL, and Kubiak becoming their new OC would be an add'l indicator that he could be a target for that reason.

I could see Nix to the Packers. All depends on the whole Raji/Jolly situation, but with what I know, I could not only see that pick but be happy with it.

Oakland then trades the 1.05 (Bortles) , 2.05 this year and their 1st in 2015.

I don't think Oakland would have to give up that much. The 2015 1st is too much, especially for an after the fact trade. If Houston really wants Bortles, they pull that trade for just the 2.05.

Oakland then trades the 1.05 (Bortles) , 2.05 this year and their 1st in 2015.

I don't think Oakland would have to give up that much. The 2015 1st is too much, especially for an after the fact trade. If Houston really wants Bortles, they pull that trade for just the 2.05.
I was using the draft value chart for most of the trades even if it is outdated due to the new rookie pay scale. Oakland's 1st and 2nd is worth about 2000 points and 1st overall is supposedly worth 3000 points. I agree that Houston may have to take less to trade down this year. I thought about including Denarius Moore in the deal but decided it was complicated enough without adding him.

Donnybrook said:
10 DETROIT LIONS select OT TAYLOR LEWAN
Nice effort.

Completely agree the Lions would take Lewan (if he's still there at 10). Franchise left tackles are just too valuable to let slide. They addressed WR with TAte and 10 is too high for any of the DEF choices likely to be available even though an obvious need.

Blackjacks' mock predicts a trade with SF in this slot and IMO this has good possibilities, too.

Nice job

I don't think the Giants would pass on the Aaron Donald for Gilbert since they just picked up the 5th year option on Prince and they signed Rodgers-Cromartie to a 5 year FA deal

Nice job

I don't think the Giants would pass on the Aaron Donald for Gilbert since they just picked up the 5th year option on Prince and they signed Rodgers-Cromartie to a 5 year FA deal
Thanks - Good info. If I was editing this thing I could swap the Giants and Bears picks. Gilbert might be better fit with the Bears since they have Tillman on a one year deal and they let Devin Hester go to the Falcons. Gilbert could help them out in both areas.

Users who are viewing this thread