What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

East-West Shrine Game (1 Viewer)

Twitter:

@dpbrugler

Not sure there's much Jordan Lynch can do to stand out next to Garoppolo and Matthews, who both look real sharp today
@TonyPauline

Jason Matthews/QB/Cornell with two beautiful passes. East WRs/TEs can't run and dropping a lot of throws.
@TonyPauline

Jeff Matthews/QB/Cornell can wing it but indecisive even when there's no pressure and slow moving his head from primary target.
@JoshNorris

Mathews is slinging it. Focus will be on when he’s moved off his spot. Not yet.
@TonyPauline

Jimmy Garoppolo/QB/EIU looks good. Nice arm, accurate and working well with new receivers. Like the way he scans the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Ball State senior QB Keith Wenning measured 6 feet two and 3 eighths of an inch and weighed in at 219 pounds at the East-West Shrine Game.

Wenning's path to a superior draft slot would have been easier if he'd measured in at his listed height of 6-foot-3. Wenning was a four-year starter for the no-huddle, pro-style Cardinals. He spent the fall semester ridiculing Ball State's career passing records, completing 319-of-498 passes for 4,148 yards, 35 touchdowns and seven interceptions. Wenning makes quick decision and gets the ball into the hands of the correct receiver with good velocity and placement in the short to intermediate game. At the very least, he should be a capable NFL backup.

Source: OptimumScouting.com
Michigan senior WR Jeremy Gallon was measured at 5 feet seven and 3 eighths of an inch at the East-West Shrine Game.

He weighs 183 pounds. Gallon was listed at 5-foot-8 in college, and evaluators were hoping (but not necessarily expecting) him to measure out thusly. This isn't going to kill Gallon's draft stock, however, because his game isn't predicated on length. He's a slot receiver who reminds us of Golden Tate minus some explosion and burst after the catch. Gallon isn't a burner, but fortunately for him, the NFL now greatly values diminutive receivers who run precise routes and catch anything close.

Source: OptimumScouting.com
Cornell senior QB Jeff Mathews measured in at 6 feet 3 and 3 eighths of an inch at the East-West Shrine game.

Mathews also weighed in at 225 pounds and had a hand size of 10.38 inches, well above the 9 inch threshold. The Ivy League passer had a great first day, throwing with accuracy, velocity, and anticipation, but his game breaks down against the pass rush, at least in the last two seasons. That type of live action is difficult to simulate in practice, but Mathews is off to a good start.

Source: Optimum Scouting
Eastern Illinois senior QB Jimmy Garoppolo measured in at 6 feet two and a quarter inches at the East-West Shrine Game.

Garoppolo also measured in with 9.13 inch hands according to NFL Draft Tracker. Nine inches is commonly used as the cut-off point. We don't consider height a major part of the evaluation process, but certain teams and evaluators certainly do. Garoppolo is mobile and can find lanes and areas to throw from. A third- or fourth-round pick is not out of the question.

Rotoworld:

Eastern Illinois senior QB Jimmy Garoppolo measured in at 6 feet two and a quarter inches at the East-West Shrine Game.

Garoppolo also measured in with 9.13 inch hands according to NFL Draft Tracker. Nine inches is commonly used as the cut-off point. We don't consider height a major part of the evaluation process, but certain teams and evaluators certainly do. Garoppolo is mobile and can find lanes and areas to throw from. A third- or fourth-round pick is not out of the question.

Niceee!

@dpbrugler

CC WR Matt Hazel just put a pretty double move on CB Pierre Desir and finished with a diving catch 40 yards downfield

Pass was thrown by Garoppolo

@dpbrugler

Cornell QB Jeff Mathews reminds me of a more accurate John Skelton as a prospect. Both skill-set and path to the NFL
I guess I need to curb my enthusiasm

@JeffRisdon

Garoppolo sails a throw from one foot. Fell away from his target. Ugh.
Interesting to note that Risdon has been critical of Garoppolo foot work from day one.

I'll be watching Wenning, Garoppolo and Mathews at QB, Flanders & Neal at RB, Jordan Najvar & Crockett Gillmore at TE.

Meh on all the WRs - unfortunate for the QBs. Best guys are 5-8" and 5'-7"

Matt Hazel and Zack Bouman got a lot of positive press this week. Interested to see if they can follow it up with a good game.

The scuttlebutt on Mathews is that he is "Gabbert-esque" in live action. I kinda want to see that for myself.

Garafalo looks pretty good. There was a Miami WR that had a nice college catch in the back of the endzone (didn't count since they do NFL rules). I thought Tommy Rees looked decent. I have to say for the most part the great majority of these players aren't impressive.

Garafalo looks pretty good. There was a Miami WR that had a nice college catch in the back of the endzone (didn't count since they do NFL rules). I thought Tommy Rees looked decent. I have to say for the most part the great majority of these players aren't impressive.
She is ok but I like girls with a good sense of humor.

Two players that did get enough credit for their contributuons in the game were Tim Flanders and Phillip Gaines.

Matt Hazel and Zack Bouman got a lot of positive press this week. Interested to see if they can follow it up with a good game.

The scuttlebutt on Mathews is that he is "Gabbert-esque" in live action. I kinda want to see that for myself.
There was one play yesterday where the rush was on him and he stepped up in the pocket to get away from it successfully. Gabbert stands there and curls up in a ball.

Users who are viewing this thread