What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Foodapalooza - the longest food draft of all time - The beef finally arrives in rounds 51 & 52 (1 Viewer)

Eephus

Footballguy
DRAFT SHEET https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h098ulbLaA4otv1aF_lR4KyrQuKt03Z76aL8yC3MaUw/edit?usp=sharing

Foodapalooza is a draft of random food-related categories. It uses the basic format from the four Genrepalooza song drafts--every two rounds there will be a unique set of categories selected randomly, one from each of three pools: Mains, Desserts/Drinks and Potpourri.

Drafters can only pick from the three assigned categories during each pair of rounds. Picking from the same category for both of the two rounds is allowed.  A new set of categories for the next two rounds will be announced near the turn of the preceding round.

For example, if the rolls for rounds 1 and 2 are "Lunch-sandwich", "Beverage-wine" and "Pizza topping".  Drafters would be able to draft only from these categories.  The categories are completely independent--there's no need for your two draft picks to go together in any way.

The draft will continue until each of the ten Main Course categories has been rolled once.  Mains will removed from the pool after they've been rolled three times. There are no restrictions on how often categories from the Dessert/Drinks and Potpourri pool can be rolled including the possibility of the draft ending before a category from these two pools comes up.

Draft picks should be specific as possible including brand names where appropriate.
Categories are independent so it is possible for the same food to be drafted in multiple categories

The format is simpler than it sounds and it proven to be unpredictable, fun and challenging in previous music drafts.  There's no judging except for your culinary tastes. Writeups including stories and recipes are strongly encouraged.

Last edited by a moderator:
MAIN COURSE CATEGORIES

Breakfast - Hot
Breakfast cold
Dinner main course - Beef
Dinner main course - Lamb
Dinner main course - Meatless
Dinner main course - Noodle, Rice or Grain based
Dinner main course - Pork
Dinner main dish - Chicken
Dinner main dish - Seafood
Lunch - Sandwich

DRINK/DESSERT CATEGORIES

Beverage - beer
Beverage - liquor cocktail
Beverage - liquor neat
Beverage - non-alcoholic, cold
Beverage - non-alcoholic, hot
Beverage - wine
Dessert - Cake
Dessert - Candy
Dessert - Cookie
Dessert - Frozen
Dessert - Pie

POTPOURRI CATEGORIES

Appetizer
Comfort Food
Condiment
Fast food
Food you can't stand
Fruit - Cooked
Fruit - Raw
Guilty pleasure food
Herb
Kitchen gadget
Pizza topping
Salad - Starch based
Salad - Vegetable based
Sausage
Soup or stew
Spice
Vegetable - Cooked
Vegetable - Raw

No, in each pair of rounds you can choose from two of the three eligible categories (or take both picks from one category).
 oh, #### - there's dice?! shoulda guess by the palooza....ima need an emotional-support animal to guide me thru, then

There's a standing list of nerds to @ before music drafts.  No such luck on the food side.

I like food.  What's the time commitment here?  One post a day fine?

We'll try to maintain a draft order for a while so everybody is familiar with the rules and to promote late entrants. But this format lends itself well to morning and afternoon picks without a set draft order.

I'd like to lose a few pounds, so a food draft is not a good idea for me at this time. OUT.

I'd like to lose a few pounds
Last time I wasn't saying this was 2012. Definitely OUT. 

Plus, I object to the lamb category on Clarice's behalf. 

I thought if I could save just one but he was so heavy...so heavy
I didn't get more than a few miles 
Rancher was so angry he sent me to live in a Lutheran orphanage

Last time I wasn't saying this was 2012. Definitely OUT. 

Plus, I object to the lamb category on Clarice's behalf. 

I thought if I could save just one but he was so heavy...so heavy
I didn't get more than a few miles 
Rancher was so angry he sent me to live in a Lutheran orphanage
:lmao:     I swear that every time I see lamb in a grocery store or listed on a menu I think of Clarice. 

IN THE POT
wikkidpissah
Ramsay Hunt Experience
Frostillicus
higgins
ilov80s
Mrs. Raanous
Binky the Doormat
Mister CIA
Raging weasel
krista4
General Malaise
Steve Tasker
Eephus

PREHEATING THE OVEN
Terminalxylem
shuke

OUT IN THE COMPOST
Drunken knight
simey
rockaction

LFG!!!!

Rolling first for draft order.  (1 of 3)

High roll goes first

1. wikkidpissah
  2. Ramsay Hunt Experience
  3. Frostillicus
  4. higgins
  5. ilov80s
  6. Mrs. Raanous
  7. Binky the Doormat
  8. Mister CIA
  9. Raging weasel
  10. krista4
  11. General Malaise
  12. Steve Tasker
  13. Eephus

Rolls 2/3

13d100, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 70, 4, 88, 56, 16, 63, 90, 97, 49, 94, 15, 74, 15 (Doubles!)

Draft order (3/3)

1. 97--Mister CIA
  2. 94--krista4
  3. 90--Binky the Doormat
  4. 88--Frostillicus
  5. 74--Steve Tasker
  6. 70--wikkidpissah
  7. 63--Mrs. Raanous
  8. 56--higgins
  9. 49--Raging weasel
  10. 16--ilov80s
  11. 15--General Malaise
  12. 15--Eephus
  13. 4--Ramsay Hunt Experience

Categories for rounds 1 and 2

Dinner main course - Pork

Beverage - non-alcoholic, hot

Fruit - Raw

1d13, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 7
Roll subtotal: 7
Roll total: 7
1d11, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 5
Roll subtotal: 5
Roll total: 5
1d18, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 7
Roll subtotal: 7
Roll total: 7

Now that we have some real categories to talk about, it's easier to explain the rules.  For rounds 1 and 2, you can draft a main dish featuring pork OR a hot non-alcoholic beverage OR a type of raw fruit.

These can be chosen in any combination. You can take two pieces of fruit if you like.

Remember - Draft picks should be specific as possible including brand names where appropriate. Don't just draft pork chops or coffee.  There aren't many ways to make raw fruit more specific than what comes off the tree.

Don't let the man get you down, CIA!

Pork chop is exactly what I would have picked. "Let's see. Pork. Well, Pork chop of course."

Users who are viewing this thread