What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FYI: Zealots 32 draft underway. (1 Viewer)

F

FightingWombat

ZF 32 Draft

Just started Sunday evening.

:popcorn:

Bit surprised Portis went 1.03. The tree hole is probably one of the worst spots to draft from. There is no great pick there unless LT or Willis falls. Still, If it were me, I'd probably go Alexander. He did try to trade down but no one wanted to go that high.

Dillon at 1.09 seemed a bit odd to me. I didn't have him ranked that high. The only concern would be that the Patriots have the picks at 1.12 & 2.01 so a homer pick may have been possible. Still, I think 1.09 is too high for Dillon.

ZF 32 Draft

Just started Sunday evening.

:popcorn:

Bit surprised Portis went 1.03. The tree hole is probably one of the worst spots to draft from. There is no great pick there unless LT or Willis falls. Still, If it were me, I'd probably go Alexander. He did try to trade down but no one wanted to go that high.

Dillon at 1.09 seemed a bit odd to me. I didn't have him ranked that high. The only concern would be that the Patriots have the picks at 1.12 & 2.01 so a homer pick may have been possible. Still, I think 1.09 is too high for Dillon.
2's just as bad - #2 in the Zealots drafts this year (not including Z32 yet - I'll add that today):KJones 3 times

McGahee 5 times

Tomlinson once (Manning #1).

McGahee's gone as low as #5 (twice). KJones has gone as low as #11.

It's a mess after Tomlinson.

Hmm - my web query in Excel finds no data there. I'm not sure what's going wrong, since I can see the picks. It's worked for the other 9 Zealots leagues I've linked, not sure why this one isn't working.

Hmm - my web query in Excel finds no data there. I'm not sure what's going wrong, since I can see the picks. It's worked for the other 9 Zealots leagues I've linked, not sure why this one isn't working.
There have been some really weird picks in that draft so far. Holmes at 1.12?! Ouch.

Anyone see pick 4.10 :eek: 4.10 46 San Francisco 49ers Ferguson, Robert GBP WR Tue Apr 19 4:16:14 p.m. ET 2005 What does this do to his ADP? :X

15.05 173 Minnesota Vikings Timer Expired Mon Apr 18 10:00:23 p.m. ET 2005 Timer nice to see that some things are constant whether we are in the fantasy or real football world.

nope, wasnt a f'd up pick, he actually took robert ferguson at the 4.10 pick........amazing
Have to say, when you see a horrible, HORRIBLE pick like that, you wonder not only about the owner of that franchise, but about the commish of the league too. I mean, the commish has a duty to everyone in the league to ensure that the owners are responsible, intelligent, guys. If you've got some kid or some goofball in a league it can really ruin it for everyone else, and ultimately, that's the responsibility of the commish.I say this not knowing who the commish of this league, or indeed who the owner of that franchise is - my apologies if I've trodden on any toes.

Z33 Draft Report

Z33 is underway as well
LMAO at my buddy taking Correll Buckhalter at 2.10 in Z33....a prerank snafu which he's trying to get voided :onthepipe: :popcorn:
im guessing the 4.10 was a prerank f'up as well...........what team are you onion?.....im the chargers
I'm Cleveland :bag: . Wanted the Cheeseheads, but they were taken. Some real head-scratcher moves in this league, but that Ferguson pick is just outright indefensible. With an ADP of 365 in Zealots leagues, he could have waited 20 more rounds to take him. I'm pretty happy with the way my draft is going: Portis, Moss and Chad Johnson over the first 3 rounds was sweet, then I found myself reaching for Onterrio Smith in the 4th when the RB stampede was threatening to bury me. I just traded away my 5th round pick, my 20th rounder and my 4th round rookie picks in 04 and 05 for an 8th and an 11th in the vet draft plus 1st and 2nd round rookie picks in 06. I'd have taken Boldin at that 5th round pick to round out what would have been a stellar WR corps...I might end up regretting this trade but I'm a total sucker for high rookie picks, and after very little sleep last night and a few drinks too, I was a ripe target for a trade. :ph34r:

nope, wasnt a f'd up pick, he actually took robert ferguson at the 4.10 pick........amazing
Have to say, when you see a horrible, HORRIBLE pick like that, you wonder not only about the owner of that franchise, but about the commish of the league too. I mean, the commish has a duty to everyone in the league to ensure that the owners are responsible, intelligent, guys. If you've got some kid or some goofball in a league it can really ruin it for everyone else, and ultimately, that's the responsibility of the commish.I say this not knowing who the commish of this league, or indeed who the owner of that franchise is - my apologies if I've trodden on any toes.
Jim Day (Taz) is an OUTSTANDING and well-respected commish. He immediately reversed my buddy's inadvertant Buckhalter pick, and then went out of his way to confirm with the owner who took Ferguson that that was indeed his intention. That guy started his draft with Edge, Chris Brown and McNabb...reasonable picks, so it's not like this guy has been intentionally sabotaging the league. Looks like an idiotic pick from my angle as well, but I'm willing to cut him a bit of slack since Ferguson's at least a Packer. ;)

Z33 Draft Report

Z33 is underway as well
LMAO at my buddy taking Correll Buckhalter at 2.10 in Z33....a prerank snafu which he's trying to get voided :onthepipe: :popcorn:
im guessing the 4.10 was a prerank f'up as well...........what team are you onion?.....im the chargers
I'm Cleveland :bag: . Wanted the Cheeseheads, but they were taken. Some real head-scratcher moves in this league, but that Ferguson pick is just outright indefensible. With an ADP of 365 in Zealots leagues, he could have waited 20 more rounds to take him. I'm pretty happy with the way my draft is going: Portis, Moss and Chad Johnson over the first 3 rounds was sweet, then I found myself reaching for Onterrio Smith in the 4th when the RB stampede was threatening to bury me. I just traded away my 5th round pick, my 20th rounder and my 4th round rookie picks in 04 and 05 for an 8th and an 11th in the vet draft plus 1st and 2nd round rookie picks in 06. I'd have taken Boldin at that 5th round pick to round out what would have been a stellar WR corps...I might end up regretting this trade but I'm a total sucker for high rookie picks, and after very little sleep last night and a few drinks too, I was a ripe target for a trade. :ph34r:
Yeah, I like that trade for you, only thing is the Giants look pretty good, so that will likely be a late 1st rounder next year, but high 2nd, still worth the trade though :thumbup: Im still up in the air about my trades.....happy with my picks.....but hope some talent falls to me....... my trades include.....

- traded (15 and 42) for (9 and 61) :thumbup: happy to get Jackson with the 9th pick

- traded (31, 125 and 27R) for (58, 75 and 20R) :thumbdown: in hindsight, kind of would like this one back, not liking my current WR1 options

- traded (57 and 22R) for (83, 11R and 14R) :thumbup: so far I like this, especially when nobody fell to the 57th pick that I was disappointed not to get.....and love the 11 and 14 rookies

We are getting ready to finish the 5th and I only have 3 players.......McAllister, S. Jackson and Vick......but I do have 5 picks in the next 2 rounds.....and rookie picks 3, 11 and 14.......we'll see how it turns out, but like I said, I hope some talent falls to me

Z33 Draft Report

Z33 is underway as well
Yeah, I like that trade for you, only thing is the Giants look pretty good, so that will likely be a late 1st rounder next year, but high 2nd, still worth the trade though :thumbup: Im still up in the air about my trades.....happy with my picks.....but hope some talent falls to me....... my trades include.....

- traded (15 and 42) for (9 and 61) :thumbup: happy to get Jackson with the 9th pick

- traded (31, 125 and 27R) for (58, 75 and 20R) :thumbdown: in hindsight, kind of would like this one back, not liking my current WR1 options

- traded (57 and 22R) for (83, 11R and 14R) :thumbup: so far I like this, especially when nobody fell to the 57th pick that I was disappointed not to get.....and love the 11 and 14 rookies

We are getting ready to finish the 5th and I only have 3 players.......McAllister, S. Jackson and Vick......but I do have 5 picks in the next 2 rounds.....and rookie picks 3, 11 and 14.......we'll see how it turns out, but like I said, I hope some talent falls to me
McAllister, S. Jackson, Vick + #3 rookie....that's just gold. :thumbup: This would be the ONE league over the past several years where I didn't pick in the last 3. Grrr....really wanted one of those Auburn boys.

Anyone see pick 4.10 :eek:

4.10 46 San Francisco 49ers Ferguson, Robert GBP WR Tue Apr 19 4:16:14 p.m. ET 2005

What does this do to his ADP? :X
same guy took maurice hicks jsut now at the 10.01 ......... and he doesnt even have Barlow

Anyone see pick 4.10 :eek:

4.10 46 San Francisco 49ers Ferguson, Robert GBP WR Tue Apr 19 4:16:14 p.m. ET 2005

What does this do to his ADP? :X
same guy took maurice hicks jsut now at the 10.01 ......... and he doesnt even have Barlow
the sad thing is that next February you guys are going to be looking for someone to take over a team with that sorry *** roster. :X

QUOTE(Nugget @ Apr 19 2005, 04:21 PM)Anyone see pick 4.10 4.10 46 San Francisco 49ers Ferguson, Robert GBP WR Tue Apr 19 4:16:14 p.m. ET 2005 What does this do to his ADP? same guy took maurice hicks jsut now at the 10.01 ......... and he doesnt even have Barlow
At least he will have the 1st rookie pick for years to come...... :eek:

QUOTE(Nugget @ Apr 19 2005, 04:21 PM)

Anyone see pick 4.10 

What does this do to his ADP?

At least he will have the 1st rookie pick for years to come...... :eek:
There was a guy over the weekend in the "shark pooL" suggesting that going for the number pick for the first couple years was not tanking... :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
QUOTE(homebrumiester @ Apr 21 2005, 11:23 PM)QUOTEQUOTE(Nugget @ Apr 19 2005, 04:21 PM)Anyone see pick 4.10 4.10 46 San Francisco 49ers Ferguson, Robert GBP WR Tue Apr 19 4:16:14 p.m. ET 2005 What does this do to his ADP? same guy took maurice hicks jsut now at the 10.01 ......... and he doesnt even have BarlowThere was a guy over the weekend in the "shark pooL" suggesting that going for the number pick for the first couple years was not tanking... At least he will have the 1st rookie pick for years to come......
Don't think this is the case.Friend of my brought this guy into the league and I've met him.From what I gathered he's not smart enough to think that far ahead.

Jim Day (Taz) is an OUTSTANDING and well-respected commish. He immediately reversed my buddy's inadvertant Buckhalter pick, and then went out of his way to confirm with the owner who took Ferguson that that was indeed his intention. That guy started his draft with Edge, Chris Brown and McNabb...reasonable picks, so it's not like this guy has been intentionally sabotaging the league. Looks like an idiotic pick from my angle as well, but I'm willing to cut him a bit of slack since Ferguson's at least a Packer. ;)
Maybe he knows something about the Walker injury that we don't.

I just drafted Ferguson in rd 50.

Z33 Draft Report

Z33 is underway as well
nope, wasnt a f'd up pick, he actually took robert ferguson at the 4.10 pick........amazing :popcorn:

Jim Day (Taz) is an OUTSTANDING and well-respected commish. He immediately reversed my buddy's inadvertant Buckhalter pick, and then went out of his way to confirm with the owner who took Ferguson that that was indeed his intention. That guy started his draft with Edge, Chris Brown and McNabb...reasonable picks, so it's not like this guy has been intentionally sabotaging the league. Looks like an idiotic pick from my angle as well, but I'm willing to cut him a bit of slack since Ferguson's at least a Packer.
But the Ferguson is not just a bad pick, it's a pick that is SO BAD that it completely discredits its owner, and there's nothing that messes up a league more than one idiot who drafts idiots - guaranteed to spoil it for everyone else. And that's why I think the commish ought to say to the guy, look, no offense but perhaps Zealots isn't for you... and get in a competent owner. Because if the present owner continues to mess up picks, it won't be long before he does something else that'll have everyone up in arms... a terrible trade, for example, that really helps another team.

Jim Day (Taz) is an OUTSTANDING and well-respected commish. He immediately reversed my buddy's inadvertant Buckhalter pick, and then went out of his way to confirm with the owner who took Ferguson that that was indeed his intention. That guy started his draft with Edge, Chris Brown and McNabb...reasonable picks, so it's not like this guy has been intentionally sabotaging the league. Looks like an idiotic pick from my angle as well, but I'm willing to cut him a bit of slack since Ferguson's at least a Packer.
But the Ferguson is not just a bad pick, it's a pick that is SO BAD that it completely discredits its owner, and there's nothing that messes up a league more than one idiot who drafts idiots - guaranteed to spoil it for everyone else. And that's why I think the commish ought to say to the guy, look, no offense but perhaps Zealots isn't for you... and get in a competent owner. Because if the present owner continues to mess up picks, it won't be long before he does something else that'll have everyone up in arms... a terrible trade, for example, that really helps another team.
I am in this league (Seahawks) and this is my first IDP league, but I put in the study time and think I am doing ok in my first IDP league.I agree that this could be just the beginning of the problems and that's why I am worried about this league. I know the owner that picked Ferguson (friend of a friend). He signed on at the last moment and I think he is in way over his head.

I can't see him sticking long term or even making thru the year.

I agree that this could be just the beginning of the problems and that's why I am worried about this league. I know the owner that picked Ferguson (friend of a friend). He signed on at the last moment and I think he is in way over his head.I can't see him sticking long term or even making thru the year.
Yes. This is just the beginning of a very familiar pattern.At first, there is the horrible pick. The really, really horrible pick that makes you wonder if the owner knows or cares anything about fantasy.Then, one of two things will happen.EITHER the owner will disappear and never be heard of again. ("Where's Jeff?" fellow league owners will ask... "He hasn't submitted starting lineups for weeks.") Jeff will be either playing his latest Nintendo game and have forgotten about his temporary interest in fantasy, or discovered girls or liquor or both...OR the owner will make some boneheaded trade that infuriates most of the league and creates a huge dispute that causes bad blood. (A typical Jeff move will be to accept a trade from another owner offering someone like Ricky Williams after one of the frequent Ricky Williams to return rumors that never out to be true... Ricky Williams for a solid player... the rest of the league will be horrified and the guy who benefitted from the trade will fight tooth and nail for it not to be overturned... this could get really messy)THEN as inevitably as night follows day "Jeff" will either resign or be removed. It WILL happen, the question is when actually.The wise thing to do is act now before it all gets messy.

From the way you guys were talking I thought you might have a guy that was trying to undermine the league. But after looking at his roster, it's really not that bad:

San Francisco 49ers Player YTD Pts Bye Drafted Brees, Drew SDC QB 295.46 10 8.08 McNabb, Donovan PHI QB 358.30 5 3.03 Anderson, Mike DEN RB (I) 0.00 10 20.02 Brown, Chris TEN RB 150.40 9 2.02 Hicks, Maurice SFO RB 80.70 7 10.01 James, Edgerrin IND RB 257.30 6 1.11 Shipp, Marcel ARI RB (I) 0.00 6 17.12 Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR 101.10 3 6.06 Ferguson, Robert GBP WR 63.39 9 4.10 Jackson, Darrell SEA WR 163.70 4 5.07 McCareins, Justin NYJ WR 105.40 3 16.02 Johnson, Eric SFO TE 98.50 7 11.09 Vinatieri, Adam NEP PK 160.16 3 15.11 Seymour, Richard NEP DE 65.30 3 19.11 Farrior, James PIT LB 149.30 7 12.04 Nguyen, Dat DAL LB 116.00 4 18.01 Spikes, Takeo BUF LB 160.70 3 7.05 Clements, Nate BUF CB 148.40 3 9.12 Lucas, Ken CAR CB 108.90 3 22.04 McGee, Terrence BUF CB 173.69 3 14.05 McQuarters, R.W. CHI CB 117.71 5 21.09 Trufant, Marcus SEA CB 143.10 4 13.08
Although it appears that he's made a couple of bone-head picks, overall it's not a bad team. At least if he ends up AWOL, the replacement owner won't be too far in the hole.

From the way you guys were talking I thought you might have a guy that was trying to undermine the league. But after looking at his roster, it's really not that bad:

San Francisco 49ers Player YTD Pts Bye Drafted

Brees, Drew SDC QB 295.46  10 8.08

McNabb, Donovan PHI QB 358.30  5 3.03

Anderson, Mike DEN RB (I) 0.00  10 20.02

Brown, Chris TEN RB 150.40  9 2.02

Hicks, Maurice SFO RB 80.70  7 10.01

James, Edgerrin IND RB 257.30  6 1.11

Shipp, Marcel ARI RB (I) 0.00  6 17.12

Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR 101.10  3 6.06

Ferguson, Robert GBP WR 63.39  9 4.10

Jackson, Darrell SEA WR 163.70  4 5.07

McCareins, Justin NYJ WR 105.40  3 16.02

Johnson, Eric SFO TE 98.50  7 11.09

Vinatieri, Adam NEP PK 160.16  3 15.11

Seymour, Richard NEP DE 65.30  3 19.11

Farrior, James PIT LB 149.30  7 12.04

Nguyen, Dat DAL LB 116.00  4 18.01

Spikes, Takeo BUF LB 160.70  3 7.05

Clements, Nate BUF CB 148.40  3 9.12

Lucas, Ken CAR CB 108.90  3 22.04

McGee, Terrence BUF CB 173.69  3 14.05

McQuarters, R.W. CHI CB 117.71  5 21.09

Trufant, Marcus SEA CB 143.10  4 13.08
Although it appears that he's made a couple of bone-head picks, overall it's not a bad team. At least if he ends up AWOL, the replacement owner won't be too far in the hole.
I agree, thats what I dont get, outside of ferguson and hicks, i dont really have a problem with his picks

SHe's all over. Man, what a marathon.

Time for a :banned: .
Congrats! :thumbup: Only just started round 39 in Z33... :coffee: but the pace seems to have picked up to about two rounds per day. Wheeeeeeee!!!! Can't for the life of me understand why people STILL aren't preranking at this stage in the draft. I think I'll live if the guy I want at #466 doesn't fall to me. :rolleyes: Anyway, I'm still on pace to finish this draft at O seconds used for all 53 rounds -and I even managed to pull off a couple of trades. Hopefully my team doesn't too obviously reflect the lack of time I put into my picks. :bag:

SHe's all over. Man, what a marathon.

Time for a :banned: .
Congrats! :thumbup: Only just started round 39 in Z33... :coffee: but the pace seems to have picked up to about two rounds per day. Wheeeeeeee!!!! Can't for the life of me understand why people STILL aren't preranking at this stage in the draft. I think I'll live if the guy I want at #466 doesn't fall to me. :rolleyes: Anyway, I'm still on pace to finish this draft at O seconds used for all 53 rounds -and I even managed to pull off a couple of trades. Hopefully my team doesn't too obviously reflect the lack of time I put into my picks. :bag:
We had a few people who were not drinking the predrafting Kool-Aid. They took a lot of scorn and ridicule on the message board for it. Eventually they did a better job predrafting at the end. I did call someone 'the human rain delay' though... We got it in the books, now its off to the rookie draft. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread