What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread: Bucs vs. Eagles (1 Viewer)

1) Where the frig is Correll Buckhalter? I wasnt expecting Priest type numbers but how about a touch or two?2) Any other Gramatica owners notice that first quarter drive where the Bucs punted from the 35? 52 yarder is money for Automatica ??? :wall: 3) Nice little 2 minute drive and all fo shizzle needs is an incompletion so Martin can do his business. What happens? Eagles Int. Time to start planning for week 2....

LMAO at the the Iggle fans. :thumbup:Guess being up 3-0 is better than the alternative, although all it takes is one big play to turn the tide.

Gruden is great.....I don't especially like the Bucs....in fact #### the Bucs......but Gruden wired is great

Quick thoughts on the 1st half...

Tampa is blanketing the Philly receivers, they're not getting separation and when they are, McNabb isn't seeing them.

Duce is clearly the main back in Philly (shocker), and C-Buck has been a ghost in the first half, with Westbrook getting more looks that Buck by a fair margin thus far
If Staley wasn't catching passes, McNabb would basically be 0-fer the first half
Poor Eagles passing game a combination of McNabb (not making his reads, he missed Todd Pinkston deep) and drops (LJ Smith has to make that catch in the endzone, Pinkston dropped one that McNabb put in the numbers)
Eagles O Line getting pressured
McNabb seems reluctant or uncomfortable running, probably because Brooks has shadowed him the entire game
Brad Johnson is efficiently working the field, McCardell and Keyshawn each getting some looks
Jurevicius has been a non factor
Tampa's RBBC has been in full effect, all four backs have had a fair amount of touches
Tampa is blizting much more than usual, brought the secondary on blitzes at least eight times by my count
Eagles getting NO pressure on BJ thus farFrustration for this Eagles fan, I can tell you that

Cheers

Tampa is blanketing the Philly receivers, they're not getting separation and when they are, McNabb isn't seeing them.
No offense - we're watching very different games.

It's like Madden says, "McNabb has to make some runs to loosen the D up"...McNabb is starting to get that look in his eye. Once he gets fed up with the vanilla dumps to 22, we'll see the boots and qb draws and then some midrange to long passes.

No offense - we're watching very different games.
None taken, turn to ABC for Monday Night Football, that's the game I'm watching. :)

Cheers

I have to disagree with you Wood.I don't think it's philly's WR's not getting separation, it's McNabb not having time and being pressured by that DLine of TB. They're getting a great push against philly's OL, and philly's DL is struggling to get to BJ, which is a surprise. If philly is going to get in this game, it will have to be in the passing game, because they will not be able to run effectively tonight.

Question for y'all sharks....Is that seven yard punt considered a blocked punt?(If so, I officially earned at least a tie this week).NFL.com doesn't show it as a blocked punt.
Yep..4-3-PHI24 (1:39) D.Johnson punts 7 yards to PHI 31, Center-M.Bartrum, downed by PHI-N.Wayne. Ball tipped by TB #23 Phillips.

What a snoozer of a game. :sleep: To keep from falling asleep I'm making mental notes on the different face masks each player has. Why does Brad Johnson have such a big face mask for a QB? He has the "double horizontal" bar going on. inda rare to see a QB with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eagles Punt Coverage :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 3 guys to block the ball and it still squirts into the endzone....Gooooo Bucks....$150 payday here I come ;)

What a snoozer of a game. :sleep: To keep from falling asleep I'm making mental notes on the different face masks each player has. Why does Brad Johnson have such a big face mask for a QB? He has the "double horizontal" bar going on. inda rare to see a QB with that.
Best facemask ever=that thing Harold Carmichael was wearing back in '80 I believe? to protect a broken jaw?That thing was a beast. Looked like Spiderman had sprayed the side of his head.

LMAO at the the Iggle fans. :thumbup:Guess being up 3-0 is better than the alternative, although all it takes is one big play to turn the tide.
You are clueless!!LMAO???? Dude, it's 3-0. It's not like it's 20-0.

Is it just me or does Michael Pittman going 5 rushing attempts for 20 yards seem pretty good? Why aren't they using him more?

:confused:What about what I said is clueless?? Being up 3-0 IS better than being down, AND I said that all it takes is one big play to turn the tide. :rolleyes:

Bucs D is just NASTY. :yes:
Typical Bucs fan....And what the Eagles D isn't? Sissy boy Johnson hasn't done D**K either.

Where were you 10 years ago when the Bucs sucked? Oh that's right, probably a COWBOY fan.

Frontrunner :yes:

LMAO at the the Iggle fans.  :thumbup:Guess being up 3-0 is  better than the alternative, although all it takes is one big play to turn the tide.
:confused:What about what I said is clueless?? Being up 3-0 IS better than being down, AND I said that all it takes is one big play to turn the tide. :rolleyes:
He must know you.

Typical Bucs fan....And what the Eagles D isn't? Sissy boy Johnson hasn't done D**K either.Where were you 10 years ago when the Bucs sucked? Oh that's right, probably a COWBOY fan.Frontrunner :yes:
'''''''''''''''''''''''''J:rolleyes:I was a season ticket holder, just like I am now.Corky :yes:

- Mike Alstott is the real RB1 in Tampa Bay (newsflash)- Keyshawn Johnson is a questionable fantasy receiver, but an awesome NFL receiver

Users who are viewing this thread