What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (1 Viewer)

So today on the school lunch menu they are offering something called CHICKEN STIXS.The superfluous "S" is really pissing me off.I told the kids that if I worked in the cafeteria I would have gone with STYX
Same thing on the menu today. Still bugs me. But at least now I have every kid in my advisory/homeroom saying "sticks-ezz".
You and Crazy Canuck should like gay fondle or something.
Low blow.

So today on the school lunch menu they are offering something called CHICKEN STIXS.The superfluous "S" is really pissing me off.I told the kids that if I worked in the cafeteria I would have gone with STYX
Same thing on the menu today. Still bugs me. But at least now I have every kid in my advisory/homeroom saying "sticks-ezz".
Low blow.
That would qualify as 'or something'

I was supposed to be landing at DIA about now, before going to a memorial service and driving home 14 hours with mrscos Sooo glad she texted me that I didn't need to come. Snow is widespread throughout the area. Past 24-hr Precip:0.84 in (est.)Chance of Snow90%Past 24 Hours Snow:5.8 in (est.) Wind:N at 11 mphgusting to 16 mph
When mrscos comes home (and thaws), you should take her to a nice dinner. Olive Garden is solid.
Went with wings n more instead.
Down here on Howard Lane? (1) Thanks for the call. (2) That place sucks.

And for those of you wondering, I fed PR Kristin raw oysters and a couple bottles of wine and then we went back to the hotel...........................and called our families to make sure everyone was OK. Being a grownup sucks sometimes.

Honey, I'm sorry for investing our life savings in a failing business. Let me make it up to you with a nice romantic dinner at Wingdings & Things. First I have to call up my Internet buddy to check on his bloody taint though.

Honey, I'm sorry for investing our life savings in a failing business. Let me make it up to you with a nice romantic dinner at Wingdings & Things. First I have to call up my Internet buddy to check on his bloody taint though.
Well, when you put it that way, it sounds super pathetic.

Jesus bigbottom's kid has cancer? And I know at least one other regular's family just got hit by the cancer bomb too. We should like, figure out a way to get rid of that ####.

Wait a minute. I assumed his wife wasn't involved when he made the decision to go to Wings n More. Otherwise, he deserves a punch in the (still tender) bag.

Well, when you put it that way, it sounds super pathetic.
:lmao:

Jesus bigbottom's kid has cancer? And I know at least one other regular's family just got hit by the cancer bomb too. We should like, figure out a way to get rid of that ####.
Where is this coming from? Awful. bigbottom is great folk.

I was supposed to be landing at DIA about now, before going to a memorial service and driving home 14 hours with mrscos Sooo glad she texted me that I didn't need to come. Snow is widespread throughout the area. Past 24-hr Precip:0.84 in (est.)Chance of Snow90%Past 24 Hours Snow:5.8 in (est.) Wind:N at 11 mphgusting to 16 mph
When mrscos comes home (and thaws), you should take her to a nice dinner. Olive Garden is solid.
Went with wings n more instead.
Down here on Howard Lane? (1) Thanks for the call. (2) That place sucks.
Their steak fingers are pretty freaking good

I'm on the beach in/on Borneo and about to fire up some Wires. Not sure if that's awesome, pathetic, or both.
I don't think there's much you could do on a beach in Borneo that would be pathetic. Maybe posting in the Shark Pool.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: The underappreciated Season 2 of Wires is underappreciated. I think it's more interesting than Season 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sawatdee when you get to the cities. great Thai food, imo.
How spicy? Tried a 4 the other day and it felt like the fire ants intended for GM ended up in my mouth.
I ate at Roat Osha a few months ago (followed by Sebastian Joe's). I usually go with a 4 on the spicy scale, but could probably opt for 5 at most places since they assume Americans can't handle real heat.
This is on a six point scale, right?

Alright, figured I haven't posted much here recently, so might as well give a little update. lol, ok... A long rambling update without any real payoff, yet.

There's this girl that I really like. She reminds me a bit of a younger, girl version of me with a bit more of a sexy nerd twist to her. Lets call her nerdy girl. The path to anything happening is long, winding and full of landmines, but I've never been known for letting a challenge deter me from putting forth a valiant effort

For starters, she's a good bit younger than me. While not a huge hurdle in my mind, 23 year olds aren't exactly out there searching for the perfect 35 year old divorced guy with a kid. Oh and then there's the fact that we work together, well until I start my new role on Monday. And I guess it's more than just working together...technically I'm her mentor :bag:

As Bogart so eloquently put it in his coshole write up, my game is akin to Bill Laimbeer, so I'm not exactly subtle when I like a girl. She obviously caught on and we had some good talks about it. She put me squarely in friend zone based on circumstances (she could report to me one day, I have a kid, etc). That said, we have pretty much become best friends over the past month. I have seen her every work day and probably half of the weekend days. We have texted every single day for the past month (since i tried to ramp things. A bit).

She has epilepsy and had a seizure earlier this year so she can't drive right now. She was helping me with my 2 week long brainstorming and I gave her a ride to and from every day with some great, candid chats during the ride and in her parking lot. There were some days when i would pull into her driveway before 5 and we would just it there chatting til almost 6 without realizing it. Just a great, fun connection, but as nothing more than friends.

So, she had been pescatarian but wanted to get back to eating meat (insert juvenile joke here) because she's been teaching fitness classes on the side and needs more protein (insert Woz joke here), so she volunteered me to BBQ for her and our mutual friends this past Saturday. She was the first one here and by mid-afternoon most of our other friends had gone except for one couple. We ended up drinking a ton and smoking til we were all sufficiently toasted and then went bar hopping. Great fun...

The only issue is that I already had a date planned for Saturday night. It was my third date with a doctor and the second ended in a sleepover :coffee: Apparently Doctor had gotten tickets to the Peter Frampton show, which I had forgotten about because the only time we talked about it was when I was super tired and drunk. I knew I was supposed to meet her around 7:30, but I was pretty messed up by that time and enjoying my evening with my friends so I texted her that i was running late. She texted me "it's intermission before the last set - not sure what planet you're on where that's ok" Yeah, oops... Pretty much killed any possibilities with that one, which is too bad because she can see the Reds' stadium from her balcony. That could have been a lot of fun this summer. :kicksrock:

Anyway, after bar hopping for a bit, our friends dropped nerdy girl off at her place and that was that. Well, except for the fact that we went shopping and had lunch together the next day. I had a date lined up with Crazy (from previous stories) that I had to push back because we were having fun and going longer than expected. Just a super fun day with both of us nursing hangovers. So our friendship had basically #### blocked me twice last weekend and I was perfectly fine with that.

Today she texted me that she owed me a drink (not sure if its for all the rides I gave her or work stuff I helped her with this week :shrug: ) and wanted to know if Thursday would work. Well, Thursday I was planning on cleaning up my place for DerbyHole and then meeting up with Crazy, but like a moth to a light I told her that would be perfect.

There is pretty much no way this ends well, but hey, it should be a fun journey at the very least :banned: :oldunsure: :banned:
I say enjoy the friendship until you move to the new position Monday. Then bring your game again like a big throbbing heat seeking missile looking to smash out of the friend zone shell.

From what you say, I bet my left nut this girl is really conflicted. She likes you, Gust. She definitely likes you. She's just trying to do the right thing, professionally speaking. She's young and career-minded, but doesn't want to be one of those office girls: either the one who uses her young booty to climb the ladder or The Office Ho. IMO this speaks very well of her.

Wait until you start your new role Monday, then *try* to make some subtle moves. I bet she responds.

Keep us posted. :popcorn:

British Most women are crazy.
But English women have the most amazing accents. They slay me.
That is HUGELY dependent upon where they're from. Geordie accents are awful, as are Essex accents.

Give me a pretty woman with an Italian or French accent, and I'll eat out of her freaking hand (after I splooge on her face of course).
I'm talking about Received Pronunciation. That aristocratic lilt they beat into young ladies at bordering schools.

Low blow.
I don't go for powerbottom bears. :no:

And also just for the record, I'm giving 20 to 1 odds Guster's mid-life crisis babe situation ends up almost exactly the way Zooks' did.

Not that that should deter you, Gust.

Mr. Pickles said:
YSR said:
We can retire "gripped it and ripped it" anytime now, guys.
You think Imp's a WWF cheater too?

Well, since he brought it up: I stopped playing FB Scrabble with him a few years ago. At one point, he played "xysti" (which, if memory serves me correctly, is an obscure Greek word for a gymnasium) and then some other obscure word for a type of fruit (can't, for the life of me, remember the word). I think xysti was on a TW and then the fruit was a bingo and they were played back to back. That was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back for me. :shrug:

Regardless of whether he's a cheater, it just wasn't fun/we weren't evenly matched. Maybe that just makes me a sore loser, but I did accuse him of cheating back then.

Now I pretty much only have three-ways with GM and 'Zooks. :pickle:

Mr. Pickles said:
YSR said:
We can retire "gripped it and ripped it" anytime now, guys.
You think Imp's a WWF cheater too?

Well, since he brought it up: I stopped playing FB Scrabble with him a few years ago. At one point, he played "xysti" (which, if memory serves me correctly, is an obscure Greek word for a gymnasium) and then some other obscure word for a type of fruit (can't, for the life of me, remember the word). I think xysti was on a TW and then the fruit was a bingo and they were played back to back. That was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back for me. :shrug:

Regardless of whether he's a cheater, it just wasn't fun/we weren't evenly matched. Maybe that just makes me a sore loser, but I did accuse him of cheating back then.

Now I pretty much only have three-ways with GM and 'Zooks. :pickle:
And sometimes we play scrabble.

Mr. Pickles said:
Frostillicus said:
Mr. Pickles said:
Bogart said:
Avoid: all threads about Poker hands (when will I learn they are never interesting)
Well that and there's no way to seriously ask someone what they'd do in a hand. Just by asking, you're corrupting the process.
Thanks, Heisenberg.
Wow, you picked up on that?
First Imp, now Frosty...
I don't get it
Mr P refuses to accept the fact that both of you are really really smart
I'm just gonna throw out there that Pickles stopped playing me in WWF after I beat him twice in a row. :coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread