What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy (1 Viewer)

If you want to delete, cool. If not, I'm not that worried about it.
:lmao: I'm just saying that if I was trying out for a game show I wouldn't tell them that I knew people that worked for the production company. That is one of the first things they ask you "Are you related to or do you know anyone that works for Moneybags Inc, Skyhigh Productions, Murph Johnson Enterprises, or Regent Television Inc?"
This was above the pay grade of the guys with the clip board. But it's pretty dooshy for me to be talking about it. I looked and he's not dead yet.
It's not dooshy it just doesn't make sense.
That the president of the company that distributes the show can call and say put this person on? It's a game show, not access to the nuclear codes.
Probably not. But you believe what you want to believe.My link

Wasn't there a FBG that was in the Jeopardy! Seniors Tournament?

Tried to keep tabs. Believe I got 38 right.Hopefully that's enough this year. :unsure:
I think the last time I took it, it was 40 out of 50 to qualify. I got 44 but never got the phonecall to come in. I think the cutoff is about the same (90%+) for the in-person test.

If you want to delete, cool. If not, I'm not that worried about it.
:lmao: I'm just saying that if I was trying out for a game show I wouldn't tell them that I knew people that worked for the production company. That is one of the first things they ask you "Are you related to or do you know anyone that works for Moneybags Inc, Skyhigh Productions, Murph Johnson Enterprises, or Regent Television Inc?"
This was above the pay grade of the guys with the clip board. But it's pretty dooshy for me to be talking about it. I looked and he's not dead yet.
It's not dooshy it just doesn't make sense.
That the president of the company that distributes the show can call and say put this person on? It's a game show, not access to the nuclear codes.
Probably not. But you believe what you want to believe.My link
:lmao: Okay. And thanks for deleting that post. Appreciate the looking out. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, none of the 3 contestants today could name the current Canadian Prime Minister. I thought that sort of thing only happened in SEC territory, not on THE PREMIER AMERICAN TRIVIA SHOW. Embarrassing.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Time Kibitzer said:
Wow, none of the 3 contestants today could name the current Canadian Prime Minister. I thought that sort of thing only happened in SEC territory, not on THE PREMIER AMERICAN TRIVIA SHOW. Embarrassing.
The Prime Minister of Canada? Canada? Canada has a Prime Minister? I didn't even know they had a Prime Religion.

'Time Kibitzer said:
I can't name the Vice President let alone the Canadian Prime Minister :unsure:

'Time Kibitzer said:
I can't name the Vice President let alone the Canadian Prime Minister :unsure:
Pretty sure it's Alan Thicke.

This still the official thread?Anyway, talk of Matt Lauer replacing Trebek when he retires. Weird to think of Jeopardy without Trebek.http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/71172/is-matt-lauer-the-next-alex-trebek
The guy who lost today was an eight-time champion. He blew it on a relatively easy daily double (anything that I know must be easy).

Last week, I witnessed the most pathetic group of players ever assembled. A woman, responding to a question about which Englishman retired at some abbey or something in like 1500. She answered with Winston Churchill. Alex had a chuckle. The final jeopardy was which race is celebrating it's 100th anniversary this year and was first won by some French sounding guy. None of the 3 were correct. The woman mentioned earlier answers with, "What is the marathon?"

Watched that today. I was in stitches.

Other great moment from that episode was a question about body prefixes (Derma = skin)

The defending champ got Hysta

She was rather uncomfortable about answering and stammered for a second before saying: "What is Wo Wo Women's?"

Alex: 'Please be more specific"

Users who are viewing this thread