What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Knockout game (1 Viewer)

Last edited by a moderator:
i guess people need to be EXTRA aware of there surroundings when simply walking around a big city...i hate to profile but teens ,and black teens in particular,need extra attention

i guess people need to be EXTRA aware of there surroundings when simply walking around a big city...i hate to profile but teens ,and black teens in particular,need extra attention
Oh so you are one those people who cross the street when you see the scary black man coming your way!

60 year old woman blows away 2 young punks playing knockout game

http://freepatriot.org/2013/11/22/60-year-old-woman-blows-away-two-young-punks-playing-the-knock-out-game/

If punks keep playing this game, I hope we hear more stories like this.
Police have not yet charged Montgomery with anything, but she was detained and then released. Montgomery has no prior arrests.
Someone call the Reverends. There is another neighborhood watch racist going around killing black people in the south!

Oh so you are one those people who cross the street when you see the scary black man coming your way!
#### man, I live in Memphis...I just keep my head up and my Glock close and take comfort that I'm a better shot than 98 pct of the populace ;)

There have been close to a dozen of these Knockout attacks in Brooklyn in the last month. Just about all by black teens on Jewish victims

Honestly the press on the knockout game and several publicized deaths is going to loosen up proof of "intent/capacity to do lethal harm" side of legal defense of self defense shootings.

I expect to see more and more of these kids getting shot and their intended victim getting off with a slap on the wrist (or a pat on the back, depending on the part of the country).

Why are blacks so violent. This wouldn't fly in Texas, subhuman individuals that need to die. More people need to carry and make this game not worth it. This is why I carry, I wold not hsve a problem, putting a round right between there eyes.
you're as messed up as those kids
Sorry, I take it back. I let my emotions get the better of me. I know we are supposed to be excellent to others in here.You are more messed up than those kids. My apologies knockout kids.
Not a surprise at all, you are as screwed up as they are. Ought to take out thier worthless single parent also.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof

#### man, I live in Memphis...I just keep my head up and my Glock close and take comfort that I'm a better shot than 98 pct of the populace ;)
Id just be on my guard....i never felt that way before now...id see a kid lining me up if it was gonna happen...nothing wrong with keeping your eyes open.

Honestly the press on the knockout game and several publicized deaths is going to loosen up proof of "intent/capacity to do lethal harm" side of legal defense of self defense shootings.

I expect to see more and more of these kids getting shot and their intended victim getting off with a slap on the wrist (or a pat on the back, depending on the part of the country).
Probably see more Zimmerman situations.

Id just be on my guard....i never felt that way before now...id see a kid lining me up if it was gonna happen...nothing wrong with keeping your eyes open.
If you look at the majority of the Knockout Game victims they're women, the elderly, and others that pose little to no threat of retaliating. Men who look like they can hold their own (which I'm assuming you are) aren't attacked as often because the attackers are cowards.

You guys are acting like assault is a new thing.
What is your point with this?
Seriously. I also think it would be tough to prepare for this attack since a lot of the videos I've seen have the attackers coming from behind and doing a complete blind side sucker punch.

The black community should be the most outraged of anyone because of this. All it's going to do is perpetuate the profiling of young black males.

First thing I thought of when I saw this on the news was Grand Theft Auto. One of the most hilarious things in the game is randomly punching people in the face. And there have been stories here and there of kids mocking the game in real life. Would not surprise me at all if there is a correlation.

Sick world we live in, regardless of the cause. More and more events lately just leave me shaking my head.

When I was a kid, my neighbor's dog was put down after attacking someone for no reason. These animals should have the same fate.

Fennis said:
The General said:
I dont know, lets discuss it in the Shark Attacks!!! thread
6 “Knockout”-Style Attacks Hit The City (New Haven, CT)

"a group fell upon a 68-year-old woman at Loop Road and Portsea Street, attacking her from behind. One of the young men struck her, then ran off with the group. She fell and hit her head on the pavement."

No shark attacks were reported since your post. Informal tally....

Knockouts: 6

Shark attacks: 0

Fennis said:
The General said:

"a group fell upon a 68-year-old woman at Loop Road and Portsea Street, attacking her from behind. One of the young men struck her, then ran off with the group. She fell and hit her head on the pavement."

ZOMG!!!! 41 people died and 18,000 injured when TVs fall on them

http://theweek.com/article/index/237878/the-shocking-number-of-deaths-caused-by-falling-tvs

Fennis said:
The General said:

ZOMG!!!! 41 people died and 18,000 injured when TVs fall on them

http://theweek.com/article/index/237878/the-shocking-number-of-deaths-caused-by-falling-tvs
why are you downplaying this and making light of it....its not funny...its pretty sick actually

Fennis said:
The General said:
6 “Knockout”-Style Attacks Hit The City (New Haven, CT)"a group fell upon a 68-year-old woman at Loop Road and Portsea Street, attacking her from behind. One of the young men struck her, then ran off with the group. She fell and hit her head on the pavement."

ZOMG!!!! 41 people died and 18,000 injured when TVs fall on themhttp://theweek.com/article/index/237878/the-shocking-number-of-deaths-caused-by-falling-tvs
why are you downplaying this and making light of it....its not funny...its pretty sick actually
Where am I making light of anyone being attacked? Are you claiming there is any statistical increase in this sort of violent crime?

Fennis said:
The General said:
6 “Knockout”-Style Attacks Hit The City (New Haven, CT)"a group fell upon a 68-year-old woman at Loop Road and Portsea Street, attacking her from behind. One of the young men struck her, then ran off with the group. She fell and hit her head on the pavement."

ZOMG!!!! 41 people died and 18,000 injured when TVs fall on themhttp://theweek.com/article/index/237878/the-shocking-number-of-deaths-caused-by-falling-tvs
Where am I making light of anyone being attacked? Are you claiming there is any statistical increase in this sort of violent crime?
im not focusing on stats ...sorry

Fennis said:
The General said:

Knockouts: 6Shark attacks: 0
im not focusing on stats ...sorry
You should focus on stats so in three years you will see the uptick in assault cases and blame republicans for cutting midnight basketball programs.

No, I know the Knockout Game ha been going on awhile. It' just that it's now reached such a critical mass in public consciousness that the national media can no longer cover it up and people downplaying it look a bit silly.

I'm not sure what it says about our society when kids think this kind of thing is funny.
A lot of those kids will soon be learning the "hey #####, toss my salad game".
Step 1 for society to address this scourge: Don't lessen the scourge by making it the actions of just kids when, in reality, many of the Knockout Game participants are in their late teens and early twenties.
Can I see your dataset for knockout game participants?
Piecing together the description of the perpetrators in every article I've read regarding the Knockout Game: black perpetrators ranging in age from adolescence to mid-twenties.
Link to any story with the perps being older than 21?
Oh, sorry, just saw this. Here..."St. Louis County Police describe the suspect as an African American man in his 20s or 30s, six foot three inches tall, weighing 280 pounds and has a scruffy beard."

http://www.kmov.com/news/mobile/Police-searching-for-suspect-after-beating-in-Jennings-216247041.html
Are we just attributing every random assault to this game now? If so, I'm sure you can find tons of examples.

Every news story I've seen about this being a new trend is full of kids 12-17. Not that it makes it a whole lot better.....but I'm a lot more willing to be lenient with a 13 year old randomly punching someone than I am 25 year old doing the same.
I'm not. Being lenient on a 13 year old makes a 25 year old who doesn't think he'll get in trouble for it.

It may be a "new" trend, but it's been around awhile. I know a few ex-gangbangers here in LA and a number of them have talked about it.

The General said:
Seriously. I also think it would be tough to prepare for this attack since a lot of the videos I've seen have the attackers coming from behind and doing a complete blind side sucker punch.

The black community should be the most outraged of anyone because of this. All it's going to do is perpetuate the profiling of young black males.
I think it's going to do a lot more than that. I think white people are going to continue fleeing cities. You'll see non-blacks keep leaving cities and being hesitant to even work in the city because they're afraid.

The General said:
Seriously.I also think it would be tough to prepare for this attack since a lot of the videos I've seen have the attackers coming from behind and doing a complete blind side sucker punch.

I think it's going to do a lot more than that. I think white people are going to continue fleeing cities. You'll see non-blacks keep leaving cities and being hesitant to even work in the city because they're afraid.
Many (most?) cities have far more white people moving to cities than fleeing cities in fright. Crime rates are the among the lowest they have been in years. Far lower than say 20 or 30 years ago.

No, I know the Knockout Game ha been going on awhile. It' just that it's now reached such a critical mass in public consciousness that the national media can no longer cover it up and people downplaying it look a bit silly.
Critical mass, huh? I guess we moved on from the critical mass of bullying.

The General said:
Seriously.I also think it would be tough to prepare for this attack since a lot of the videos I've seen have the attackers coming from behind and doing a complete blind side sucker punch.

Many (most?) cities have far more white people moving to cities than fleeing cities in fright. Crime rates are the among the lowest they have been in years. Far lower than say 20 or 30 years ago.
And if this "fad" continues you'll see a total reversal of that trend.

Critical mass, huh? I guess we moved on from the critical mass of bullying.
‘Insane thuggery’: Al Sharpton denounces ‘knockout’ attacks

The Rev. Al Sharpton condemned the dangerous “knockout” attacks cropping up in cities all over the country, saying the “insane thuggery” of punching a defenseless stranger is far from being a game.

“This kind of behavior is deplorable and must be condemned by all [of] us,” he said at his weekly National Action Network rally in Harlem on Saturday, the New York Post reported. “We would not be silent if it was the other way around. We cannot be silent or in any way reluctant to confront it when it is coming from our own community.”

“Kids are randomly knocking out people [from] another race — some specifically going at Jewish people,” he said. “This kind of insane thuggery — there is nothing cute about that. There is no game play about knocking somebody out, and it is not a game. It is an assault and is bias, and it is wrong.”

Mr. Sharpton said he and other leaders plan to discuss their “next move” this week, the Post said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've taken the liberty to look up the easiest way to contact Rev. Al at the National Action Network to make it easier for you to contact Al and let him know that he's wasting his time with this meaningless media story du jour.

I find it odd that "hate crime" hasn't been thrown around much, if at all.

If there were groups of white males knocking out old black folks across America...I'd venture to guess there'd be hate crime legislation and endless rallies to deal with...

It's also reached such critical mass due to the "copy cat" factor. Kids see it on the news and start emulating it, and it gets to be a bigger and bigger trend.

I find it odd that "hate crime" hasn't been thrown around much, if at all.

If there were groups of white males knocking out old black folks across America...I'd venture to guess there'd be hate crime legislation and endless rallies to deal with...
Nonwhites can't be guilty of a hate crime. These young men are simply keeping it real. HTH

It's also reached such critical mass due to the "copy cat" factor. Kids see it on the news and start emulating it, and it gets to be a bigger and bigger trend.
How do we know it has become a bigger and bigger trend? I share some of Fennis's skepticism here.

Users who are viewing this thread