What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Minnesota Vikings Team Thread (3 Viewers)

Vikings are a little light on running back depth and it not a position that I would have targeted in the draft. That said, I would be definitely targeting guys that teams will be trying to sneak onto the practice squad in late August. Any Aaron Jones clones on the roster bubble.
Did they sign any UDFA RBs?
Not a single one. You think one of the free agents would choose to sign with Minnesota just based on odds.

Not a single one. You think one of the free agents would choose to sign with Minnesota just based on odds
Unsure how the org feels about Dwayne McBride after drafting him and getting him onto PS last year, but he may get another look.
I am not really high on him unless he has improved his receiving ability. I think Kene is just a kick returner and Gaskin doesn't excite me.
Worse case, Dalvin should be available.

I think Jones and Chandler are really good options. The depth is a little thin but I don't see them playing more than those two unless injuries hit anyway. Plus, Ham can play RB in a pinch. I'm more worried about WR depth than RB depth. Will be interesting to see if they try and get a vet WR as WR3. Powell isn't good enough/consistent enough for that role, IMO.

I think Jones and Chandler are really good options. The depth is a little thin but I don't see them playing more than those two unless injuries hit anyway. Plus, Ham can play RB in a pinch. I'm more worried about WR depth than RB depth. Will be interesting to see if they try and get a vet WR as WR3. Powell isn't good enough/consistent enough for that role, IMO.
i believe the reason GB parted ways with Aaron Jones was his propensity for injury and not skill. I think a 3rd half back is going to required and Kwesi doesn't have many late round draft picks he throw at the problem. I don't expect that we will be contender this year but it seems like wilful blindness at this point.
Here is a good recap of the Vikings running game in 2023. https://www.vikings.com/news/2023-position-recap-running-backs. 2023 running attack was rather dismal.

I hear what you are saying and it would also make sense to lean on the running game more while a rookie QB gains experience. Especially when that rookie comes from a team that did this a lot.

The GM and coaches do not prioritize running the ball at all though.

Users who are viewing this thread