What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** 2024 Cakeboy League - I guess the draft has started. (1 Viewer)

You can PM @shuke for further league details
I am not falling for that trick

It’s standard 5x5 roto with OBP instead of AVG
daily lineups
I think it’s $100 or $150
Slow draft in the forums
Hosted on yahoo

Basically we draft and everyone but the top 3 or 4 owners abandon their teams by May

I think our recent league winners have been a dead guy and a Hillbilly from Alabama

All of this is factually true.

ESPECIALLY THE WINNING HILLBILLY!

Draft starts 2/26. I'll post rolling instructions when I get around to it.
Why??? Pitchers are getting sent to the glue factory every 9 minutes in spring training. Why draft early when half the teams are going to lose a valuable player early on. The draft takes like 7 working days now and then everybody just sits around and watches their players die on yahoo for 25 days.

Why??? Pitchers are getting sent to the glue factory every 9 minutes in spring training. Why draft early when half the teams are going to lose a valuable player early on. The draft takes like 7 working days now and then everybody just sits around and watches their players die on yahoo for 25 days.

This marks the official start of Cake 2024!

Why???

Because I will have absolutely no time this year to year to help babysit. We have two guys drafting that aren't even on this board.

I presented the option of starting later and instituting the clock, but really got no discussion about that and someone would need to volunteer to keep track. The question has been posed for two weeks and I got exactly 4 responses, with three of those preferring to start early as usual.

A Tradition unlike any other

************ANNOUNCE*************

Entry Fee last year was $130. Let's keep that the same. I will serve as treasurer again. PayPal me at the same address you used last year. If you need it again, let me know.

Dan Lambskin is officially paid up for the 2024 Cake Leeg.

Because I will have absolutely no time this year to year to help babysit. We have two guys drafting that aren't even on this board.
The draft takes a week, tops. It’s not 2007 anymore where you all picked in that chat page that kept breaking down while X was gone for one of his 12 lunch breaks. What’s the difference between you having no time now and no time on March 7 if it only takes a week?

The draft takes a week, tops. It’s not 2007 anymore where you all picked in that chat page that kept breaking down while X was gone for one of his 12 lunch breaks. What’s the difference between you having no time now and no time on March 7 if it only takes a week?
You could put it to a vote.

my link

Because it doesn't take a week, it usually takes 2, and that's with people going ape**** anytime someone doesn't make a pick in an hour.

I won't be available except at lunch this year, and I almost singlehandedly kept it moving last year by texting everyone (I'm sure others did too) when they were up. And some others said they weren't going to be as available either this year.

Users who are viewing this thread