What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****Official Baltimore Ravens Thread***** (2 Viewers)

I just Googled the phrase "You done messed up" and the first hit was a screencap of yesterday's score. Oof.

Has Greg Roman been drug-tested lately? You're running for (checks notes) 85,000 YPC and throw the ball that much? The RZ offense has been horrific all year and it bit them big-time yesterday. I'm not a knee-jerk advocate for booting folks when a bad game happens, but I think Roman has reached his peak in Baltimore and some new ideas need to be introduced.
Well to be fair, when you have a big-armed gunslinger like (checks notes) Tyler Huntley, you…..

Sorry, laughing too hard to finish that gag.

That game looked like a train wreck. Every time something started working they’d get away from it. Just a disjointed mess.

Been saying all season this year reminds me of 2012. Which means it’s now time for Harbs to fire the Offensive Coordinator

I just Googled the phrase "You done messed up" and the first hit was a screencap of yesterday's score. Oof.

Has Greg Roman been drug-tested lately? You're running for (checks notes) 85,000 YPC and throw the ball that much? The RZ offense has been horrific all year and it bit them big-time yesterday. I'm not a knee-jerk advocate for booting folks when a bad game happens, but I think Roman has reached his peak in Baltimore and some new ideas need to be introduced.

After the Ravens’ opening drive of the second half, JK Dobbins touched the ball 1 time. He ran for 37 yards. HE NEVER TOUCHED THE BALL AGAIN

The Ravens’ 2nd play of the 4th quarter was a handoff to Edwards

That was their final running play of the game

This was the third time in NFL history that a team scored 3 or fewer points while rushing for 198 yards or more while averaging 7 yards per carry
Simply outrageous. Handing the ball to Jk and Gus and continuing to play stout defense was an easy formula for the win. Dominant run game. Hot defense. Backup QB. Cold and breezy weather. Scrub wrs. Poor run defense. Struggling opposing qb. Everything screams pound the football until it’s stopped.

:shrug:

Baltimore has beaten one team with a winning record (Cincy, who is going to destroy them in WK 18). They will probably lose to the Steelers this week because Roman will have Huntley throw 52 times and he'll end up with 94 yards passing :lol: They'll get in the playoffs and lose 17-6 to freaking Jacksonville. Both Dobbins and Edwards will average 11 YPC on a combined 14 carries in every game they play until they retire as long as Greg Roman is in Baltimore.

:shrug:

Baltimore has beaten one team with a winning record (Cincy, who is going to destroy them in WK 18). They will probably lose to the Steelers this week because Roman will have Huntley throw 52 times and he'll end up with 94 yards passing :lol: They'll get in the playoffs and lose 17-6 to freaking Jacksonville. Both Dobbins and Edwards will average 11 YPC on a combined 14 carries in every game they play until they retire as long as Greg Roman is in Baltimore.
Lol, someone is not enjoying the return to old school Ravens football

I will just point out that in the 6 games that Roquan and Hamilton have played together, the Ravens have given up a total of 61 points. When Hamilton didn’t play vs the Jags, Pederson identified the mismatch in the slot and roasted them in the second half. But otherwise, it’s been a battle for opponents to even reach double digits. Ravens mismanaged the Browns game, Harbaugh showed vs Atlanta that he now understands he needs to kick every FG, stop going for it on 4th down, and somehow try to claw out the 16 points that are usually enough to win a game

Will write more later but I’m kind of wondering if we ever see Lamar in a Ravens jersey again. With no contract in place, he has no long term financial security and therefore no incentive to risk injury at this point. They’re going to slap him with the $45 million franchise tag in the offseason. What if he blows an ACL in Week 18? They’re not going to tag him then and pay $45 million (which would count 100% vs the 2023 cap) for a guy who might be out for 12 or more games next year.

And if they were going to reach a long term deal, they would have already. Thinking Lamar decides his knee still hurts all the way through the playoff exit (which will be early without him) followed by the Ravens tagging and trading him to a team (Indy? Washington if Snyder stays, the Jets?) that gives him the deal Bisciotti won’t

Lol, someone is not enjoying the return to old school Ravens football
I wasn't as clear as I should have been. They absolutely have to play old school Ravens football to win. My problem is having Huntley throw the ball 45 times instead of running the ball more. Their running game is very good and their passing game isn't.

I agree with you on Lamar. The confluence of events that got us here is unfortunate.

I think today’s the day - either Lamar is back at practice in an hour, or we never see him in a Ravens uniform again

I discovered something terrible today

Lamar’s last 16 starts:
276 of 442 (62.4%), 2915 yards, 20 TD-13 INT
84.4 passer rating
9-7 record

Rushing: 931 yards, 3 TDs

3846 total yards

Flacco's last 16 Ravens starts:
387 of 622 (62.2%), 4103 yards, 20 TD-12 INT
84.1 passer rating
9-7 record

Rushing
56 yards, 0 TDs

4159 total yards

For a season’s worth of games, Lamar has turned in the level of performance that got Flacco replaced

Watching those college football games last night and laughing thinking that the next nationally televised game is going to be a 13-12 Steelers-Ravens war crime

Been looking at some Lamar numbers and boy they aren’t good. Aside from good Septembers the last 2 years, he’s been bad since the end of 2020.

He’s finished 10 of the Ravens last 21 games

Since Week 4 this season, among 38 QBs with 100+ pass attempts, Lamar’s 80.7 passer rating is #32 (between Wentz and Davis Mills). Among 32 QBs with 200+ pass attempts, he’s #29. Only Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett and Zach Wilson are lower

Since the start of 2021, among QBs with 200 pass attempts, Lamar’s 88.9 rating is 23rd, between Mac Jones (89.2) & Daniel Jones (88.1)

He bet on himself this year and - unless this year really is 2012 reincarnated - he lost

Lamar’s last 16 starts:
84.4 passer rating
9-7 record

3846 total yards

84.1 passer rating
9-7 record

Rushing
56 yards, 0 TDs

4159 total yards

For a season’s worth of games, Lamar has turned in the level of performance that got Flacco replaced
I doubt many will read this but I hope they discover it, incredible find.

Might have to roll with the Ravens' D/ST today vs Pittsburgh, wanted to get your thoughts. Not expecting a NYD Party but they have been solid for many weeks.
Seems like they have a better floor vs some other teams that are being hyped for Week 17 like JAX and LAC

Watching those college football games last night and laughing thinking that the next nationally televised game is going to be a 13-12 Steelers-Ravens war crime

Been looking at some Lamar numbers and boy they aren’t good. Aside from good Septembers the last 2 years, he’s been bad since the end of 2020.

He’s finished 10 of the Ravens last 21 games

Since Week 4 this season, among 38 QBs with 100+ pass attempts, Lamar’s 80.7 passer rating is #32 (between Wentz and Davis Mills). Among 32 QBs with 200+ pass attempts, he’s #29. Only Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett and Zach Wilson are lower

Since the start of 2021, among QBs with 200 pass attempts, Lamar’s 88.9 rating is 23rd, between Mac Jones (89.2) & Daniel Jones (88.1)

He bet on himself this year and - unless this year really is 2012 reincarnated - he lost
How has Jackson lost? The media will say he should get $200+M guaranteed
They will franchise tag him yes/no? $40M almost automatically I think.
I read somewhere by getting franchised next year and possibly the one after like Kirk Cousins did, Jackson makes more money in the short term
Not sure I believe all that but I read it so it has to be true
:lol:

Lamar’s last 16 starts:
84.4 passer rating
9-7 record

3846 total yards

84.1 passer rating
9-7 record

Rushing
56 yards, 0 TDs

4159 total yards

Might have to roll with the Ravens' D/ST today vs Pittsburgh, wanted to get your thoughts. Not expecting a NYD Party but they have been solid for many weeks.
Seems like they have a better floor vs some other teams that are being hyped for Week 17 like JAX and LAC
I would absolutely go with the Ravens D. They’ve given up 10 points per game in the 6 games Roquan and Kyle Hamilton have been in the lineup together. I truly expect a 13-12 final and wouldn’t be surprised if the game’s only TD is scored by one of the two defenses

Lamar’s last 16 starts:
84.4 passer rating
9-7 record

3846 total yards

84.1 passer rating
9-7 record

Rushing
56 yards, 0 TDs

4159 total yards

I would absolutely go with the Ravens D. They’ve given up 10 points per game in the 6 games Roquan and Kyle Hamilton have been in the lineup together. I truly expect a 13-12 final and wouldn’t be surprised if the game’s only TD is scored by one of the two defenses
We did and even if it doesn't work, was surprised they were released this week, the opponent picked up the Chiefs, we were holding the Jags so we took the team that was cut/released by the opponent. See how it works out
Buffalo didn't seem like an option vs Cinci

Lamar’s last 16 starts:
84.4 passer rating
9-7 record

3846 total yards

84.1 passer rating
9-7 record

Rushing
56 yards, 0 TDs

4159 total yards

This is all despite including the two massive weeks earlier this year? Woof.

I like it.

That was also the gauntlet being thrown to Lamar Jackson.
He’s transformed the defense. Still only 25, I love it. And it sends an important message. The Ravens have always paid top of the market to retain their own cornerstone guys - Tucker, Andrews, Stanley, Humphrey and now Roquan on this team, but dating back to JO, Ray, Reed, Suggs, Ngata, Flacco (post Super Bowl) etc. This signing sends the message that the Ravens still open the vault to keep their cornerstone players, that they’ve offered Lamar a fair, market-setting deal, and if he won’t sign, it’s about him and not about them.

I like it.

That was also the gauntlet being thrown to Lamar Jackson.
He’s transformed the defense. Still only 25, I love it. And it sends an important message. The Ravens have always paid top of the market to retain their own cornerstone guys - Tucker, Andrews, Stanley, Humphrey and now Roquan on this team, but dating back to JO, Ray, Reed, Suggs, Ngata, Flacco (post Super Bowl) etc. This signing sends the message that the Ravens still open the vault to keep their cornerstone players, that they’ve offered Lamar a fair, market-setting deal, and if he won’t sign, it’s about him and not about them.
Nate Tice
@Nate_Tice
Ravens defense in 2022 with and without Roquan Smith (via
@TruMediaSports
):

Success Rate
Without: 55.4% (27th)
With: 61.1% (T-5th)

Opponent Explosive Play %
Without: 10.4% (T-10th)
With: 8.3% (2nd)

EPA/Play
Without: -.06 (30th)
With: .11 (T-1st)

I don't know if you guys have access to The Athletic, but they have an oral history on the Mile High Miracle 10 years ago today. Players from both teams recounted that game. Harbaugh is also quoted.

The funniest part, and one I don't think I'd ever heard before, was that it was like 12 degrees and Marshall Yanda kept pouring water on himself (there's a photo in the article) so he'd be layered in ice, making it harder for the defenders to grip him. Denver was telling the refs he was using a substance and the ref said "it's ice" :lol:

I don't know if you guys have access to The Athletic, but they have an oral history on the Mile High Miracle 10 years ago today. Players from both teams recounted that game. Harbaugh is also quoted.

The funniest part, and one I don't think I'd ever heard before, was that it was like 12 degrees and Marshall Yanda kept pouring water on himself (there's a photo in the article) so he'd be layered in ice, making it harder for the defenders to grip him. Denver was telling the refs he was using a substance and the ref said "it's ice" :lol:

Lol, that's the same tidbit I retweeted. That pic shows literal icicles in his beard. I hope he gets in the Hall of Fame - I know it's tough for Guards but maybe leading the O Line that demolished the NFL's all-time rushing yardage record will get him over the bar. The other tidbit I loved - and one that the replay bears out - is that Jacoby actually slowed down along the sideline, trying to sit down between the CB underneath and the Safety over the top. Flacco said screw that and threw it long, and Jacoby was fast enough to gear back up and go get it, but it was that moment of slowing down that Jacoby thinks caused Rahim Moore to mess up the play. When Jacoby started up again to chase down the throw, Moore's angle was messed up.

Lol, that's the same tidbit I retweeted. That pic shows literal icicles in his beard. I hope he gets in the Hall of Fame - I know it's tough for Guards but maybe leading the O Line that demolished the NFL's all-time rushing yardage record will get him over the bar. The other tidbit I loved - and one that the replay bears out - is that Jacoby actually slowed down along the sideline, trying to sit down between the CB underneath and the Safety over the top. Flacco said screw that and threw it long, and Jacoby was fast enough to gear back up and go get it, but it was that moment of slowing down that Jacoby thinks caused Rahim Moore to mess up the play. When Jacoby started up again to chase down the throw, Moore's angle was messed up.
You can see the ice on his jersey, too :lol:

Pitta was open about 20 yards downfield and would have made the sidelines to stop the clock, but Flacco either didn't see him or didn't care. I remember one of the players, who was on the sideline during the play, saying after the game he thought it was going to Pitta until he saw Flacco wind up and was like "oh ****".

That was a crazy game. One of the wildest I've ever seen.

Welp, not much to do this off-season. Just find an OC, figure out what to do with one of the two or three most beloved players in franchise history, and find (good) WR help :lol:

On defense, there's not a ton to be done - other than depth - if either Oweh or Ojabo (or someone on the edge) turn out.

Marcus Peters is a FA and his situation is a little tricky, because he didn't have a great season. How much is due to recovering from his injury or has he started to slide? He had zero closing speed in 2022 and he's not a good enough technician to overcome that.

Up front, even with losing Michael Pierce, they were much better than they were in 2021. Both Mbudiuke (sp?) and Brod Washington had really good seasons and Campbell was Campbell. They had rookie Travis Jones on a snap count, but he showed enough to think he could turn into a monster.

Inside LB can be neatly divided into Before Roquan and After Roquan (that goes for the entire defense, actually), though Queen was already on his way to his best season Before. After, it was like he was shot out of a cannon.

On the back end, there's the Peters thing but the rest seems fine. Kyle Hamilton had the light bulb come on sometime in November and may have been their 2nd best player down the stretch.

The OL was the best it's been in years. Ben Powers - basically an afterthought before the season started - made himself a bunch of money this year. I hope he stays, but I fear Baltimore won't be able to afford him. They also need to start thinking about the right side of that line, too, as both Zeitler & Moses are gray-hairs. Linderbaum (sp?) is going to be an All Pro at C.

WRs were a damned mess - again. Duvernay started out like a house on fire, but hit a wall (plus Roman would inexplicably ignore him), then got hurt. Bateman got shut down. Proche, who I liked coming into the season, did nothing. The Ravens used to make hay signing near-prime veteran Pro Bowlers like Derrick Mason, Anquon Boldin, and Steve Smith. Now they sign guys like Watkins, DeShaun Jackson, and Demarcus Robinson. I don't know what the answer is here, but it's the opposite of whatever they've been doing.

RBs had some glitches, as Dobbins missed some time and Gus never did seem right. Drake was worth his money early on and Justice Hill flashed a few times. I think that's a good room going forward, though I keep seeing mocks with Baltimore taking Bijuan Robinson in the 1st (no). The problem with the RBs - outside of injuries - was the play-calling.

QB situation doesn't need rehashing at this point.

STs seemed to get worse as the season went along. I have nothing to base that on and maybe the opposite was true. They didn't get as many big returns and it appeared to me that they gave up bigger returns later. Tucker was still a weapon, but I sensed a ***** in his armor. He missed 6 FGAs (5 from 50 or longer). 3 of those were blocked. I'm no PK expert so I have no idea what went wrong on those blocks (could've been the line sucked), but I've sometimes seen PKs have more kicks blocked later in their careers as their leg gets older. The rookie punter was all over the place and will need to tighten it up a lot - I think Ravens fans (& coaches) got spoiled with Koch.

I honestly think Roman's schemes can work in the NFL - they already have. But his play-calling can be maddening, especially in the red zone or when protecting a lead. There was one game where Dobbins had something like 80 yards on 10 carries and didn't get the ball ONCE in the 4th quarter. I don't know who they are going to get to fill Roman's spot - I was kind of hoping for Reich - but the Ravens need to take a long, hard look at how they manage games.

And that falls on Harbaugh. Look.....there are probably 20 teams that would fire their head coach today if Harbaugh were on the open market (The Tomlin Effect), but Harbaugh needs to take a serious look in the mirror and ask himself how HE can be better.

Pretty uneventful day for Baltimore. Signed some dude to play QB for them and drafted Hollywood Brown Part II.

I'm sure Steelers, Bengals, & Browns fans are happy. At least, they will say they are until it's game time.

I would have preferred Addison, Banks, or Porter at 1.22, but whatever.

Been feeling so good about the Orioles that I've put the Ravens and Lamar's contract drama out of my mind

So, a good day yesterday. Sure will be interesting to see the new offense - would love to see them come out with 3 WR plus Andrews, spread out the D and then run with Dobbins and Lamar, or throw if the opponent stuffs the box

Also intrigued that Bateman, OBJ and Say all seem to be guys that can lineup anywhere - seems like they should be able to target certain CBs to get the matchups they want. But it all comes down to the new OC so we'll see

Team is still very thin at CB, one injury away from big trouble at Tackle and has questions about pass rush - hoping Ojabo can show something this year and maybe Justin Houston comes back. Still, it's been a long time since Ravens fans have had a good day so I'm glad to see it

Been feeling so good about the Orioles that I've put the Ravens and Lamar's contract drama out of my mind

So, a good day yesterday. Sure will be interesting to see the new offense - would love to see them come out with 3 WR plus Andrews, spread out the D and then run with Dobbins and Lamar, or throw if the opponent stuffs the box

Also intrigued that Bateman, OBJ and Say all seem to be guys that can lineup anywhere - seems like they should be able to target certain CBs to get the matchups they want. But it all comes down to the new OC so we'll see

Team is still very thin at CB, one injury away from big trouble at Tackle and has questions about pass rush - hoping Ojabo can show something this year and maybe Justin Houston comes back. Still, it's been a long time since Ravens fans have had a good day so I'm glad to see it
I have to think they have a deal in place with a vet CB. Also, one of those 4th-rounders from last year need to do something. Both were graded as good picks when taken. The kid they took from Stanford yesterday is supposed to be pretty good.

You know how paranoid I am about OL, so I feel ya on the OT thinness. It would be nice to see that giant they drafted last year come along.

I'm not quite as concerned about the pass rush nowadays, but that's predicated on either Oweh or Ojabo doing something. I also think they're gonna send Queen A LOT, along with Simpson.

I have no idea what the offense is going to look like, as Monken seems to change from location to location.

One more note - I'm super psyched about the 5-year USC starting Guard they traded next year's 6th to get at the end of this year's 7th round

Even if he doesn't play a snap this year, he'll have a legit chance at starting next year which is a fantastic use of next year's 6th round pick, where you were never going to get a day one starter. The video of him doing the most reps at the combine - 38 - with an ACL he had torn the day before is incredible stuff

One more note - I'm super psyched about the 5-year USC starting Guard they traded next year's 6th to get at the end of this year's 7th round

Even if he doesn't play a snap this year, he'll have a legit chance at starting next year which is a fantastic use of next year's 6th round pick, where you were never going to get a day one starter. The video of him doing the most reps at the combine - 38 - with an ACL he had torn the day before is incredible stuff
Sounds like he's basically going to red shirt this season.

But they will definitely need him going forward: Cleveland has been a huge disappointment and Zeitler's getting long in the tooth.

I have zero idea what the offense is going to look like. Almost none of the starters played in the preseason games & the Ravens kept is really vanilla. Given reasonable health, though, I think they have enough good players that they'll score a lot of points. I expect Jackson to do Jackson things, I think the RBs will be fine, and we'll see with the WRs. Mark Andrews didn't waste any time getting into "questionable every week" mode. The OL is good, but can only stand maybe one long-term injury.

Losing Humphrey for a few weeks hurts, but they have some amoeba DBs (Hamilton & Stephens) who can help out. The young edge rushers have a lot to prove, and I don't expect much out of Clowney. ILB is stout, as is the DL.

The STs are almost always good and they have Tucker.

Without catastrophic injuries, I think the floor is 8 wins and the ceiling is 11 or 12.

I think the RBs will be fine
This aged well. Sheesh, Dobbins is snakebit. They're still ok with Edwards & Hill, but Dobbins is their most dynamic RB.

That may have been the ugliest 16 point win in team history. Jackson was out of synch and seemed determined to stay in the pocket even when he shouldn't have. The play calling seemed disjointed. Marcus Williams tore a pec muscle and will be out for a long while. 2 OL got hurt. Now they have to go play a pissed off Cincy.

On the bright side, Zay Flowers was electric. OBJ only had two catches, but drew two big PI flags. Some of the young DBs played really well.

That was a big win in Cincinnati for Baltimore.

Lamar Jackson looked much more comfortable in this game than week 1. He made one bone-headed play by not securing the ball when he took off to run, fumbling the ball (Tiki Barber took him to task on the telecast, saying he needed (kneaded?) to stop carrying the ball like a loaf of bread). Also one or two bad throws. But, for the most part, he looked in control and it appeared he was calling a lot of audibles. He made some beautiful passes - the long one to Flowers was pretty and the TD pass to Agholor looked like it was shot out of a cannon.

Both Edwards and Hill looked spry, and Duvernay had a couple of nice WR runs. Zay Flowers is electric. I hope OBJ isn't too badly hurt, because he draws a LOT of attention and still appears to have some diesel in him. Nice to see Agholor contribute and Bateman seemed to be - gasp! - healthy. I don't know who the Cincy coach was that decided "let's not cover Mark Andrews" was a good game plan, but that wasn't particularly wise. 7 different non-RB receivers caught passes (Hill also caught 3).

The OL held up well with both Stanley & Lindebaum out.

On defense, Baltimore got after Burrow pretty well and did a great job on Cincy's receivers - especially considering neither Humphrey or Marcus Williams played. They didn't give up a pass play over 20 yds, which is a novel thing for them against the Bengals recently. Patrick Queen played like a heat-seeking missile and backup DB Brandon Stephens had a great game.

That punt return for a TD the Bengals got is going to, I'm sure, make it an unpleasant week of practice for the Ravens' STers.

The Colts come to Baltimore Sunday. The Ravens are 7.5 pt favorites. I probably won't get to watch that one as I get the D.C. locals and the WFT is also on CBS at the same time.

7 starters listed as "out" for tomorrow:

OBJ
Justice Hill
Humphrey
Lindebaum
Oweh
Stanley
Marcus Williams

The backups played well last week, but you have to wonder how long they can keep it up.

Looks like Minshew is going to start for the Colts.

Going to Inner Harbor for the weekend in two weeks, and taking in the Lions-Ravens game on Sunday. Staying over until Monday a.m.

Any recommendations?

Going to Inner Harbor for the weekend in two weeks, and taking in the Lions-Ravens game on Sunday. Staying over until Monday a.m.

Any recommendations?
Like food? Are you staying right in the inner harbor?

That should be a fun game --

yeah IDK Baltimore at all, so any recs for sites, restaurants, where we could tailgate, et al, would be awesome.

staying at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore

Set in a converted bank dating from 1900, this elegant hotel is an 11-minute walk from the National Aquarium and a 15-minute walk from baseball games at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.

So I'm guessing the football stadium is a 20-25 minute walk?

I have a question for Ravens fans. When the Colts play at the Ravens do they still put just Indy on the scoreboard instead of Colts, or do they now put Colts? I hope they have finally gotten over that. I have every right to say this because as a life long Colts fan in Baltimore and Indianapolis, dating back to the 1960s. I hated that they moved in 1984, but because I grew up in Kentucky, I was able to get over it eventually. I'm still a Colts fan and was just as much of a Colts fan as anyone who lived in Baltimore when they were there. Six years old to be exact. I understand the frustration by Baltimore residents with regards to the Colts. The city of Baltimore attempted to obtain the Colts through eminent domain, but that was stupid. They should have done what Cleveland did and secure the name "Colts" and then move, like Cleveland did, secure the name "Browns" when they moved to Baltimore. That way when they did get another franchise it would still be the Cleveland Browns. The Colts should have done the same thing and today they would be the Baltimore Colts instead of the Baltimore Ravens. Bad move by the city of Baltimore. As of today I have so many fond memories of the Baltimore Colts and miss it quite frankly, but I root for the Indy Colts today.

Last edited:

Any recommendations?
Like food? Are you staying right in the inner harbor?

That should be a fun game --

yeah IDK Baltimore at all, so any recs for sites, restaurants, where we could tailgate, et al, would be awesome.

staying at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore

Set in a converted bank dating from 1900, this elegant hotel is an 11-minute walk from the National Aquarium and a 15-minute walk from baseball games at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.

So I'm guessing the football stadium is a 20-25 minute walk?
Yeah--20 minute walk about right. And you are so close to Lexington Market and Faidleys, would be worth the experience to get a crab cake there--just go during the day :)--Babe Ruth museum and Edgar Allen Poe gravesite is near there --honestly, there's way better eats to the east in Little Italy, Harbor East, Canton and Fells Point. But at least the latter 2 would be quite a walk ---

I have a question for Ravens fans. When the Colts play at the Ravens do they still put just Indy on the scoreboard instead of Colts, or do they now put Colts? I hope they have finally gotten over that. I have every right to say this because as a life long Colts fan in Baltimore and Indianapolis, dating back to the 1960s. I hated that they moved in 1984, but because I grew up in Kentucky, I was able to get over it eventually. I'm still a Colts fan and was just as much of a Colts fan as anyone who lived in Baltimore when they were there. Six years old to be exact. I understand the frustration by Baltimore residents with regards to the Colts. The city of Baltimore attempted to obtain the Colts through eminent domain, but that was stupid. They should have done what Cleveland did and secure the name "Colts" and then move, like Cleveland did, secure the name "Browns" when they moved to Baltimore. That way when they did get another franchise it would still be the Cleveland Browns. The Colts should have done the same thing and today they would be the Baltimore Colts instead of the Baltimore Ravens. Bad move by the city of Baltimore. As of today I have so many fond memories of the Baltimore Colts and miss it quite frankly, but I root for the Indy Colts today.
Agree 100 %. I was in college when the Colts left town.

I was in my early 20s when the Colts snuck out of Baltimore and was crushed when it happened. Looking back, that was a silly way to feel but I wasn't alone - some folks STILL haven't gotten over it. The Baltimore Colts Marching Band is still a going concern, for crying out loud. Making matters worse was that the team 40 minutes down the road was really good and you had to listen to their smug fans rub your face in it (where I grew up, you were either Colts or Skins - never both).

As to your scoreboard question, I honestly don't know the answer. It wouldn't surprise me, as Baltimore is backwards-looking and extremely provincial.

I have individual 8.5x11" autographed photos (signed to my brother & I) of all of the '68 team. A family friend was a team photographer back then and had them done for us. Besides an autographed card I got from Paul Blair a couple of years before he passed, it's the only piece of memorabilia I have.

Any recommendations?
When do you arrive? I assume you're flying in?

Saturday

Acela train
I forgot you were in NYC and not Michigan.

As JI recommended, I'd do dinner Saturday down in Little Italy, Fells Pt, or Canton. You may want to Uber or taxi it, unless you don't mind stretching your legs. I'd also second his recommendation for lunch at Lexington Market if you get in early enough.

For Sunday, I believe the game is at 1 p.m. so you'll probably want lunch somewhere close (or eat at the stadium). I'd repeat Saturday night's neighborhoods for dinner on Sunday.

Also on Saturday, you could do the Aquarium as another option along with Poe & the Babe.

I was just noticing that Keaton Mitchell had a good game today.

I looked for a thread on him in the player index but none there, and I tried a search for a thread on him but also found nothing.

Anyone here know if he has a thread?

He did well enough that he may need one now.

Nice win yesterday against a good Seattle team. Similar to the Detroit win, it was one of those snowball games. The score could/should have been worse - there were 2 lost fumbles down close and they took a knee on the Sea 5 yard line at the end. The only other mistake I can recall is Kyle Hamilton's missed INT, but he did pushups afterwards in penance :lol:

Mitchell obviously opened some eyes and will be a waiver darling this week in FF leagues. I'd be wary, though. IF I had to roster a Ravens RB, it would still be Edwards. Honestly, in standard leagues (IDP leagues are another story), the only Ravens I'd roster would be Jackson, Andrews, the defense, and Tucker.....with Edwards a distance 5th.

The schedule going forward is brutal for Baltimore. I believe the Rams & Chargers are the only teams they have left that doesn't have a winning record this morning. The next two are division games (Cle & Cincy at home) then @LAC, BYE, LAR, @Jax, @SF, Miami, Pittsburgh.

Power Rankings this week should quit playing & just move Baltimore to 1st or 2nd

Also, this is my second favorite offensive line in the league

C is pretty athletic & LT just routinely destroys people

+ now we got a 4.37 scat back blowing through arm tackles

I WANT A REMATCH & there’s only one way that happens this year

Nice win yesterday against a good Seattle team. Similar to the Detroit win, it was one of those snowball games. The score could/should have been worse - there were 2 lost fumbles down close and they took a knee on the Sea 5 yard line at the end. The only other mistake I can recall is Kyle Hamilton's missed INT, but he did pushups afterwards in penance :lol:

Mitchell obviously opened some eyes and will be a waiver darling this week in FF leagues. I'd be wary, though. IF I had to roster a Ravens RB, it would still be Edwards. Honestly, in standard leagues (IDP leagues are another story), the only Ravens I'd roster would be Jackson, Andrews, the defense, and Tucker.....with Edwards a distance 5th.

The schedule going forward is brutal for Baltimore. I believe the Rams & Chargers are the only teams they have left that doesn't have a winning record this morning. The next two are division games (Cle & Cincy at home) then @LAC, BYE, LAR, @Jax, @SF, Miami, Pittsburgh.
Despite the 2 brutally frustrating losses it’s been a really really fun season. The offense actually schemes guys open and the defense is elite. One of the talk shows this morning said they’ve only allowed 9 tds all year on defense and I know 3 of those (Detroit, Arizona, Cincy) were in garbage time or pretty close to garbage time. And I believe the 2 tds vs the Colts came after turnovers. Dominant unit so far.

Def really need the next 2 given the stretch after that. Would be huge to sweep the season series vs Cleveland and Cincy.

Let me just get this out of the way first: &^^^^%%#^%#$%*%^!!!!!!!!

I don't know how Win Probability is calculated, but the Ravens - in the last 7 losses Lamar Jackson has started - had a WP of at least 75% IN THE FOURTH QUARTER of those games. WTF? They've blown late double-digit leads in their 3 losses this year (2 at home). I'm not blaming this on Jackson, or anyone really. I just don't understand it and I can't see the commonality.

Ronnie Stanley got hurt (big shock there), but he hasn't played well all year. In another event that will surprise absolutely no one, Marlon Humphrey also got hurt - he had been rounding into shape, but hasn't been his All-Pro self. No word that I've seen on how long either will be out.

Short turnaround to face the Bengals Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread