What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (21 Viewers)

12 team PPR. Start 1 QB:

Gave: Goff, 2.06, 2.07, 2.10
Received: Burrow

I overpaid, but I had 11 draft picks so I had to consolidate somewhere. It makes me feel better about dropping some depth QBs now that I have a stud in Burrow. I still have a few too many picks in this short bench league, but at least they are 3rds (1.01-1.04, 2.03, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08).

12 team PPR. Start 1 QB:

I overpaid, but I had 11 draft picks so I had to consolidate somewhere. It makes me feel better about dropping some depth QBs now that I have a stud in Burrow. I still have a few too many picks in this short bench league, but at least they are 3rds (1.01-1.04, 2.03, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08).
With short benches and an abundance of picks it is not a bad move imo. You improved a position on paper and got a few years younger. If Burrow can stay healthy he should be a top QB.

Startup draft trade. 1QB FFPC

Pick 1.01

For

Pick 1.10, 3.10, and a future 2nd and 3rd
Yes these are startup picks. An obvious distinction, lol.

Anyway, now the 3.10 was traded for 6.05 and a future 1st (could obviously be anywhere).

Pick 10 was Laporta

So in all, pick 1.01 is now Laporta, pick 6.05 (basically rookie pick 9 or decent vet), and a future 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

12 team PPR. Start 1 QB:

Start 1 QB it’s an overpay, but it’s one I’d make to get younger/better at QB.

12 Team SF QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 3FLex, SF
Entered the season in complete rebuild mode needing QB help badly with Goff and Howell as my starters

Gave: 1.06, 1.12
Got 1.02
Traded up to put myself in position to get Caleb if he fell and MHJ if he didn't with the assumption that JJM would be there at 1.07.

1.02 - drafted MHJ. Definitely went back and forth between him and Daniels at this point, but (stubbornly) stuck to my original plan

(Daniels, Maye and JJM all went before 1.07)

1.07 Drafted Odunze with the idea that I could at least pull Bo Nix in the early 2nd.
(nope, drafted 1 pick in front of me)

Pivoted and made the following trade:

Gave: MHJ
Got: Nabers, Levis, and 3.05

I had MHJ and Nabers as rough equivalents predraft and trading down from MHJ to get a 2nd year starting QB seemed like a reasonable thing to do.

Net - Gave: 1.06, 1.07, 1.12 Got: Nabers, Levis, Odunze, 3.05

Trying to follow my own rebuild advice by starting with QB and WR then filling out TE, and Finally RB. I have 2 25 1sts and 2 25 2nds to work with in a draft that is supposed to be RB heavy. We shall see...

TL/DR: Trying to make lemonade out of lemons when you're draft goes exactly the way you don't want it to.

I like the overall effect but didn’t you all get a 2025 1st in the “net return”?

Also who was available at 1.06 & 1.07?
You indicated 4 QBs went before 1.07?
So MHJ & Nabers were only non-QB selected?? Ouch!
Good recovery on the unexpected draft!

Superflex. Large rosters.

Sent: 2.06
Received Kupp

I am finally looking to compete. This season added J Jefferson and now Kupp so I should be one of the top teams.
That’s a good price for Kupp’s upside. He could always surprise with a healthy top 15 season. Or at least a half-season of good games. Regardless, it’s worth a mid-2nd to find out.

I like the overall effect but didn’t you all get a 2025 1st in the “net return”?

Didn't get a 25 1st in this deal. Already have mine and a likely mid to high 25 1st in the bank.
Our draft went:
Caleb
Mhj
Daniels
JJM
Nabers
Maye
Odunze

I should have anticipated the QB needy teams reaching higher in the draft to take JJM and Maye. I think I get hyperfocused on ADP and lose sight that teams often draft for need. It's something I need to work on for sure.

FFPC 1qb - had 29 players after the draft and did some consolidating

Gave
Freiermuth,Pat
Ferguson, Jake
Tracy, Tyrone

Got
Kincaid, Dalton

2nd deal with same owner

Gave
Kirk, Christian
McConkey, Ladd

Got
London, Drake

WRs include
Nacua, London, Metcalf, Waddle, Nico, Rashee Rice
Ja'Lynn Polk, Roman Wilson and Marvin Mims (haven't given up on Mims yet!)

TEs include
Dalton Kincaid, Evan Engram

I like the guys I traded, but short roster is tuff and I don't think I have Kincaid or London on any of my other teams so there's that.

Gave
Freiermuth,Pat
Ferguson, Jake
Tracy, Tyrone

Got
Kincaid, Dalton

2nd deal with same owner

Gave
Kirk, Christian
McConkey, Ladd

Got
London, Drake
Both of these are downright abusive. I can see why you went back to the well after the 1st one.

How does that package net you Kincaid?

And how do McConkey + Kirk possibly add up to London?

I’m mystified. Congratulations on identifying the sucker in your league. 😬

Didn't get a 25 1st in this deal. Already have mine and a likely mid to high 25 1st in the bank.
Our draft went:
Caleb
Mhj
Daniels
JJM
Nabers
Maye
Odunze

I should have anticipated the QB needy teams reaching higher in the draft to take JJM and Maye. I think I get hyperfocused on ADP and lose sight that teams often draft for need. It's something I need to work on for sure.
QB’s are really hard to acquire in SF. I took Daniels over MHJ @ 1.02 due to the fact of not being able to trade out of that spot. Nobody was willing to pay for it.

QB’s in these particular leagues are very difficult to acquire.

Gave
Freiermuth,Pat
Ferguson, Jake
Tracy, Tyrone

Got
Kincaid, Dalton

2nd deal with same owner

Gave
Kirk, Christian
McConkey, Ladd

Got
London, Drake
Both of these are downright abusive. I can see why you went back to the well after the 1st one.

I think Freirmuth and Fergy for Kincaid is pretty close, Fergy finished ahead of Kincaid last yr and could again this year. He offered Kincaid out of the blue and I accepted and he offered london unsolicited as well. He is a new and very aggressive owner.

14 team PPR 1.5 TE 1 QB

Garrett Wilson and Mike Evans plus 4.10
for
1.04 and 1.06
Seams like a free Evans.
Was gonna post the exact same thing. I offered 2x 1sts for Wilson and was rejected with no counter.

Nice pull.
Seems equitable to me.

Wilson over the 1.4 but not as much as I’d have the 1.6 over Evans.
Yeah, I don't see it as too imbalanced - I've just found that Wilson shareholders have unreasonably high demands for him in trade talks.

Gave
Freiermuth,Pat
Ferguson, Jake
Tracy, Tyrone

Got
Kincaid, Dalton

2nd deal with same owner

Gave
Kirk, Christian
McConkey, Ladd

Got
London, Drake

I think Freirmuth and Fergy for Kincaid is pretty close, Fergy finished ahead of Kincaid last yr and could again this year. He offered Kincaid out of the blue and I accepted and he offered london unsolicited as well. He is a new and very aggressive owner.
Generally speaking, in any 2:1 or 3:1 trade, the team getting the 1 is winning the trade.

IMO you won both of these pretty convincingly. Especially the 2nd.

I agree that the 1st is closer, but I still think Kincaid is significantly more valuable. Mouth might or might not finally break out - and while Ferguson outscored Kincaid, that was also Kincaid's rookie season and he is headed into 2024 looking like the #1 receiving target on that team. He could have a Kelce-like season.

Gave
Freiermuth,Pat
Ferguson, Jake
Tracy, Tyrone

Got
Kincaid, Dalton

2nd deal with same owner

Gave
Kirk, Christian
McConkey, Ladd

Got
London, Drake

Generally speaking, in any 2:1 or 3:1 trade, the team getting the 1 is winning the trade.

IMO you won both of these pretty convincingly. Especially the 2nd.

I agree that the 1st is closer, but I still think Kincaid is significantly more valuable. Mouth might or might not finally break out - and while Ferguson outscored Kincaid, that was also Kincaid's rookie season and he is headed into 2024 looking like the #1 receiving target on that team. He could have a Kelce-like season.
I agree with you and especially the two for one on smaller rosters though I actually though the second trade was closer then the first.

14 team PPR 1.5 TE 1 QB

for
1.04 and 1.06
Seams like a free Evans.
Was gonna post the exact same thing. I offered 2x 1sts for Wilson and was rejected with no counter.

Nice pull.
Seems equitable to me.

If you drop Evans out of this I think its much closer than with him in.

14 team PPR 1.5 TE 1 QB

for
1.04 and 1.06
Seams like a free Evans.

Nice pull.
Seems equitable to me.

Agreed.

14 team PPR 1.5 TE 1 QB

for
1.04 and 1.06
Seams like a free Evans.

Nice pull.
Seems equitable to me.

Yeah, I don't see it as too imbalanced - I've just found that Wilson shareholders have unreasonably high demands for him in trade talks.
I am Wilson shareholder fwiw and like I said I'd take him over the 1.4 but if I could for instance turn Evans into Brian Thomas I'd be ok turning Wilson into Bowers or Odunze. Not to say it's a slam dunk either way, just seems equitable to me.

14 team PPR 1.5 TE 1 QB

for
1.04 and 1.06
Seams like a free Evans.

Nice pull.
Seems equitable to me.

As a Wilson owner I'd slam dunk accept someone offering me 4 and 6 for him.

He's a proven really good NFL player, he's not a proven elite fantasy producer, has been the lowest end WR2 range both of his seasons. Now TD's can be flukey and he'll do better in that department and of course Rodgers is going to be huge for him. But as bad as the QB's have been his 1.37 fantasy points per target is pretty terrible and elite WR's should be able to overcome some of the obstacles and do better IMO and it makes me start to wonder if Wilson is merely really good but a step down from elite. We all talked about a big 4 in this format but I had two other players right after that big 4 in a tier of their own and if I can add a big 4 and one of Thomas or Brooks that would be an easy accept to me.

He's a proven really good NFL player, he's not a proven elite fantasy producer, has been the lowest end WR2 range both of his seasons. Now TD's can be flukey and he'll do better in that department and of course Rodgers is going to be huge for him. But as bad as the QB's have been his 1.37 fantasy points per target is pretty terrible and elite WR's should be able to overcome some of the obstacles and do better IMO and it makes me start to wonder if Wilson is merely really good but a step down from elite. We all talked about a big 4 in this format but I had two other players right after that big 4 in a tier of their own and if I can add a big 4 and one of Thomas or Brooks that would be an easy accept to me.
All of that is why I thought maybe I could buy him reasonably in 2 leagues.

In each I offered a 2024 1st + 2025 1st.

Both rejected flat. Both owners let me know he was “their best WR” and I’d “have to do better than that.”

I knew I was out at that point. ARod is what, a 1-year fix at best? Then the Jets are back to the QB search, something they’ve been historically bad at.

The talent is there. But GW may never deliver on it.

In each I offered a 2024 1st + 2025 1st.
I'd probably turn that down flat as well tbh.

Would need that 2024 to be top 4 and that 2025 to project as very high. Put another way I had zero interest trading 6 this year for a future first, would have needed it to feel like a lock high pick next year. I did have a drop off after the top 6 this year, if this offer was 4 and 7 for Wilson I'd tell the owner he'll have to check back with me when 7 is OTC. What he did at 4, which was generally Odunze or Bowers, would not have mattered to me.

Users who are viewing this thread