What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official John Fetterman thread*** (1 Viewer)

Sinn Fein

Footballguy
Marc Levy@timelywriter·24m

HARRISBURG, Pa. (@AP) _ John Fetterman, Pennsylvania's lieutenant governor, is taking a definitive step toward running for the state's open U.S. Senate seat in 2022.

I have no idea what his chances are in a senate race, or even if he stays in it.  But, I kind of like the notion of this guy bringing a little bit of "every-man" into the senate.  I will be rooting for him.

He could be a very effective participant the "Trial By Combat" future Giuliani is pushing for.   I don't think many on the Right in government would want to see him charging at them wiedling a manhole shield and a sharpened Yield sign on a 6 foot pole.

Last edited by a moderator:
He reminds me a bit of Jesse Ventura -- which could be a good thing, or it could be a bad thing.

As an outsider this seems like one of the most bizarre US Senate candidates in a mainstream battleground state in my memory.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politi...ans-top-priority-is-truly-disturbing-n1637772
That wouldn't be my top priority either, but he did chair a board the reviewed pardons so perhaps hearing these stories daily has an impact on your views.

On the bizarre scale of things candidates say I'd throw these entries into the ring:

Oz stuck a needle in sisters head

Of course I have drank my own urine

As an outsider this seems like one of the most bizarre US Senate candidates in a mainstream battleground state in my memory.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politi...ans-top-priority-is-truly-disturbing-n1637772
I'm more bothered by his views on Eagles/Steelers and Wawa/Sheetz than his interest in fixing mass incarceration / the prison industry.

I wish people would do a little research instead of just letting their imaginations run wild from sound clips purposefully manicured by the opposition for their own purposes.

Last edited:
I like Pennyslvania. spent many times in Philly and Monroeville.

surprised these are the two candidates you have.

armed white guy chasing down an unarmed black jogger vs. a puppy killer.

you all couldn't do better?

Last edited:

Fetterman is popular in PA, was a mayor of a town in the state, and beat a promising candidate in the primary. I get him being the nom.

Oz is a C level celebrity who is a very awkward and odd, but was handpicked by Trump because he was on midday TV so he is therefore and authority on things.

Actually I think the guys they beat in the primaries were the better candidates but this is what we have.

Last edited:

Well you certainly seem to have the whole picture. well done.

Watching Biden wander around lost once again maybe somehow helps Fetterman? The problem is Fetterman himself is getting worse. If Fetterman gets elected and then steps down, who takes his spot? Who will be Lt Gov?

Watching Biden wander around lost once again maybe somehow helps Fetterman? The problem is Fetterman himself is getting worse. If Fetterman gets elected and then steps down, who takes his spot? Who will be Lt Gov?
Biden also let the cat out of the bag.
Gisele Fetterman will replace John Fetterman after election.

If a US Senator representing Pennsylvania leaves office, the governor appoints a new Senator temporarily until the next statewide election is held. I'm guessing that would mean until November 2023, but perhaps it means 2024. https://ballotpedia.org/Filling_vacancies_in_the_U.S._Senate

Lt. Governor doesn't play into it at all.

Biden looked and acted every bit of 80 years old at that event. Don`t see how he can really help any candidate the way he acted.

If a US Senator representing Pennsylvania leaves office, the governor appoints a new Senator temporarily until the next statewide election is held. I'm guessing that would mean until November 2023, but perhaps it means 2024. https://ballotpedia.org/Filling_vacancies_in_the_U.S._Senate

Thanks. Can he appoint his wife?

Link?
LOL pass. Use your own news sources. Watch the videos of him right after the stroke. Compare to recent videos. Report back.
I have already. So it's just your opinion. Got it. Kind of an important thing to leave out.

Thanks. Can he appoint his wife?
Could the then-governor appoint his/her own spouse or could the then-Governor appoint Fetterman's spouse? I would assume so, although individual states may have limitations against the former.

Last edited:
Link?
LOL pass. Use your own news sources. Watch the videos of him right after the stroke. Compare to recent videos. Report back.
I have already. So it's just your opinion. Got it. Kind of an important thing to leave out.
Everything I post is my opinion. Feel free to share yours. You claim to have compared him after the stroke and now - so? . . .

Link?
Everything I post is my opinion. Feel free to share yours. You claim to have compared him after the stroke and now - so? . . .
After the stroke and now? He is clearly in better shape now than immediately following the stroke.

Link?

Anyone saying he is better now did not acknowledge there was an issue before, so his health was and is a non-concern for his supporters.

Link?

Anyone saying he is better now did not acknowledge there was an issue before, so his health was and is a non-concern for his supporters.
Obviously "an issue" is always relative. Who denied he had a stroke and showed symptoms? It's what happens and he's recovering and appears to be getting better.

Link?

Obviously "an issue" is always relative. Who denied he had a stroke and showed symptoms? It's what happens and he's recovering and appears to be getting better.
Yea this seems like a terrible take. Of course he had issues and still continues to have some issues. Nobody has argued that it want an issue.

Link?
After the stroke and now? He is clearly in better shape now than immediately following the stroke.
Seriously? After the stroke he was all reassuring and coherent. Now he can't put together a rehearsed sentence.

Link?
Seriously? After the stroke he was all reassuring and coherent. Now he can't put together a rehearsed sentence.
Why do you care so much?

Link?
Even immediately following his stroke he was a better candidate than Oz.

Link?
Why do you care so much?
Kinda Pisses me off. There's NO reason for Oz to even sniff elected office.

Link?
Even immediately following his stroke he was a better candidate than Oz.
He's a better candidate now. Giselle is. Fetterman's neck lump is.

Link?
Why do you care so much?
Oh, great. Another one of these disingenuous, bad faith and stupid questions.

Let me turn the tables: WTH do you care? Why are you even in this thread if YOU don't care? Cause it looks like you care enough to zealously come running in here, out of breath and ask why everyone cares so much? :lol:

Last edited:
Link?
Why do you care so much?
Paging @rockaction 🤣🤣

Users who are viewing this thread