What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****Official Kamala Harris Thread***** (1 Viewer)

When you select your running mate based on race and gender, you forfeit the right to play the race and gender card when she fails.  Diversity hires are one thing when we're talking about some junior staffer or intern.  It's different when it's the VP.  Make a better pick next time.
I don't know.  Isn't there an argument that a running mate has exactly one certain job and one potential job?  The certain job is "help win the election" (or at least, "don't lose it").  The potential job is "if we win, maintain a pulse".

I don't know.  Isn't there an argument that a running mate has exactly one certain job and one potential job?  The certain job is "help win the election" (or at least, "don't lose it").  The potential job is "if we win, maintain a pulse".
Does anybody seriously think that Harris is anything other than a (mild) political liability at this point?  She's a real-life version of Veep, to a disturbingly-accurate degree.

Does anybody seriously think that Harris is anything other than a (mild) political liability at this point?  She's a real-life version of Veep, to a disturbingly-accurate degree.
In all seriousness, I don't think she's anything.  I think the odds of Biden running again are virtually nil, so she wouldn't be the "running mate by default".  I don't think she has any chance to win the nomination herself.  She's just kind of "present".

My real point was that the VP doesn't really have an actual job, other than "help win, or at least not lose, the election".  She did that.  I don't know if she helped win it in any way, but she didn't lose it.

In all seriousness, I don't think she's anything.  I think the odds of Biden running again are virtually nil, so she wouldn't be the "running mate by default".  I don't think she has any chance to win the nomination herself.  She's just kind of "present".

My real point was that the VP doesn't really have an actual job, other than "help win, or at least not lose, the election".  She did that.  I don't know if she helped win it in any way, but she didn't lose it.
I think being a heartbeat away from the presidency is another part of the description…would be nice if that was also taken into consideration when these decisions are made…kind of important.

I think being a heartbeat away from the presidency is another part of the description…would be nice if that was also taken into consideration when these decisions are made…kind of important.
In theory, sure, but I don't think that's been a real consideration for either side in ages.

JIslander said:
She was asked to dumb it down.  Maybe check your sources better. 
That was kindergarten level.  Is the average US citizen really at that point?  

Though, given her understanding of inflation, I honestly can't say I'm surprised by this.  She's got to keep the explanation within her knowledge base and we know that's been very, very limited in other areas (and she's known to not consume information fed to her).

Biden s first and perhaps worst decision.   Probably disqualifying.

This happens when someone who barely gasps layman's terms is asked to put something in layman's terms.

Last edited by a moderator:

Though, given her understanding of inflation, I honestly can't say I'm surprised by this.  She's got to keep the explanation within her knowledge base and we know that's been very, very limited in other areas (and she's known to not consume information fed to her).

She's not very smart--she failed the BAR exam.  She's been horrible at every job she's held.  She laughs at the worst times.  She is a terrible VP.

Especially considering bidens age.  Sorry but that matters. 

Half of my FB is memes, so I think we may be at that level.

IvanKaramazov said:
When you can't defend a person on the merits, name-calling is all that remains.
When you’re not attacking people on the merits, you can’t complain when people question your motives.  🤷‍♂️

She's not very smart--she failed the BAR exam.  She's been horrible at every job she's held.  She laughs at the worst times.  She is a terrible VP.
Man - I gotta say seeing you turn MAGA probably one of the more disappointing forum events of the past year.  C’mon Chet - you’re better than this! 

JIslander said:
Sure she deserves criticism.  Unfortunately a good bit goes beyond her merits.  I mean its a football forum.
I don't recall someone so completely inept in their position.  You don't even see Dan Quayle comparisons as he's a massive step up from what we're getting here. 

I don't recall someone so completely inept in their position.  You don't even see Dan Quayle comparisons as he's a massive step up from what we're getting here. 
She's worse than would have been.   The amazing thing is Biden sent HER to Poland.   Is there a better way to signal that you don't think this whole thing in Ukraine is a limited incursion.    Which as we all know a limited incursion is no big deal.

They both laughed because they couldn't decide who you speak first. Do you honestly think she is laughing at the plight of refugees?
She was laughing because she is unserious.   If it had been a "go, no you go"   chuckle no problem.    

She is unsure what to do and that's her default.    Biden should have sent Bill Clinton.

This is not binary. A reasonable person can be critical of this veep while at the same time not being MAGA. This perspective existing perpetuates our partisanship. 
To late.   We are having a welcome chet party at Applebee's tomorrow.   

And I'm gonna introduce him to Mabel.   She is the head of our welcome committee.    She is a goer

This is not binary. A reasonable person can be critical of this veep while at the same time not being MAGA. This perspective existing perpetuates our partisanship. 
Sure, I have no problem with fair criticism of the VP.  Th idea that she’s not intelligent, is terrible at everything she does, and is a horrible VP isn’t fair criticism, it’s FoxNews garbage.  

Users who are viewing this thread