What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****Official "Truth Social" Thread***** (Trump's social media platform) (1 Viewer)

squistion

Footballguy
But there already seem to be some glitches. Perhaps putting Devin Nunes in charge was not the best idea.

Raw Story @RawStory2h

Trump's 'Truth Social' suffers a chaotic rollout as Devin Nunes vows to get bugs fixed by late March

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-truth-social-bugs/

Some detail:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-news-today-truth-social-jan-6-latest-b2019425.html

Donald Trump’s new social media venture, Truth Social, has run into trouble since arriving in Apple’s App Store last night. Users trying to sign up have reported error messages and found themselves added to a growing waitlist, with some of them seeing their queue number go up rather than down.

Last edited by a moderator:
But there already seem to be some glitches. Perhaps putting Devin Nunes in charge was not the best idea.

Raw Story @RawStory2h

Trump's 'Truth Social' suffers a chaotic rollout as Devin Nunes vows to get bugs fixed by late March

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-truth-social-bugs/

Some detail:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-news-today-truth-social-jan-6-latest-b2019425.html

Donald Trump’s new social media venture, Truth Social, has run into trouble since arriving in Apple’s App Store last night. Users trying to sign up have reported error messages and found themselves added to a growing waitlist, with some of them seeing their queue number go up rather than down.
Keep us updated GB 👍

This app is going to be like Silk Road, but it'll be grifters and crypto scammers instead of drug dealers. There will be a lot of victims before it collapses.

How is Truth Social moderated?

Nunes said it will be "family friendly" moderated by AI (whatever that means).

https://nationalzero.com/2022/01/24/nunes-says-truth-social-to-be-family-friendly-moderated-by-ai/

Nunes says Truth Social to be “family friendly”, moderated by AI

California dairy farmer and Trump Media and Technology Group CEO Devin Nunes told Fox Business News on Monday that content on the hotly-anticipated right wing social network app Truth Social will be auto-moderated by an artificial intelligence engine when it launches next month.

"We want to be very family-friendly, we want this to be a very safe place, and we are focused on making sure any illegal content is not on the site. [Auto-moderation API service] Hive has a great track record in this, and they have been good to work with. They are very helpful for our team and because of their experience, I think they're helping to craft the right spot for us… We want to be the most family-friendly site," said the man who spent the latter years of his career in public service constantly #####ing about censorship on mainstream social media platforms whilst also suing users and the platforms for making fun of him with fake accounts, one of which was his "cow".

Nunes said it will be "family friendly" moderated by AI (whatever that means).

https://nationalzero.com/2022/01/24/nunes-says-truth-social-to-be-family-friendly-moderated-by-ai/

Nunes says Truth Social to be “family friendly”, moderated by AI

California dairy farmer and Trump Media and Technology Group CEO Devin Nunes told Fox Business News on Monday that content on the hotly-anticipated right wing social network app Truth Social will be auto-moderated by an artificial intelligence engine when it launches next month.

"We want to be very family-friendly, we want this to be a very safe place, and we are focused on making sure any illegal content is not on the site. [Auto-moderation API service] Hive has a great track record in this, and they have been good to work with. They are very helpful for our team and because of their experience, I think they're helping to craft the right spot for us… We want to be the most family-friendly site," said the man who spent the latter years of his career in public service constantly #####ing about censorship on mainstream social media platforms whilst also suing users and the platforms for making fun of him with fake accounts, one of which was his "cow".
:lol:  Good luck Devin

This app is going to be crazy popular.  It will drive down the stock prices for Facebook and Twitter.

FB - 206.16/share - Market Cap 561.16B

TWTR - 34.32/share - Market Cap 27.48B

I don't think you can compare TS to FB, but let's see how this plays out. 

Ironically, I can't complain about the site not working on the site, because that goes against the T&Cs. (Also, just not physically able to post)

The terms of service states that users would be forbidden to "disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site". Truth Social has the right to "suspend or terminate your account" and also "take appropriate legal action".

So much truthslingin'!!

TS sent me an email stating that I'm not a number, but here's my number on the waitlist.

The funny thing is gMail had to mark the email as suspicious because it could not be verified that the email is coming from truthsocial.com. And I should avoid clicking links, downloading attachment or replying with personal information.

This is going great!!!

This is interesting:

https://twitter.com/scchristopher77/status/1495802521138384907 (photo caption of image from Apple store at link)

WARNING:

If you are thinking of downloading #truthsocial know the data, the Apple store says the phone collects including, contacts info, browsing history, usage info, user content and identifiers. Truth Social is basically datamining your device. Click image to enlarge.
To be fair, so is every other social media app.

Ironically, I can't complain about the site not working on the site, because that goes against the T&Cs. (Also, just not physically able to post)

The terms of service states that users would be forbidden to "disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site". Truth Social has the right to "suspend or terminate your account" and also "take appropriate legal action".
I'm sure there is a large and well-compensated group of moderators in charge of ferreting out dissent. 

I'm kidding, it's probably just gonna be phone calls from Mar a Lago bathroom to Nunes. 

To be fair, so is every other social media app.
This.

If you think this is just limited truth social then you're woefully ignorant of how Tech and apps actually work.  Facebook, Twitter, twitch, Google and basically everybody else on the internet has been datamining your personal data since forever once you give willfully give them access.

I'm sure there is a large and well-compensated group of moderators in charge of ferreting out dissent. 

I'm kidding, it's probably just gonna be phone calls from Mar a Lago bathroom to Nunes. 

I believe they were all were recruited from Facebook and Twitter.

This is interesting:

https://twitter.com/scchristopher77/status/1495802521138384907 (photo caption of image from Apple store at link)

WARNING:

If you are thinking of downloading #truthsocial know the data, the Apple store says the phone collects including, contacts info, browsing history, usage info, user content and identifiers. Truth Social is basically datamining your device. Click image to enlarge.
Between me & you , Scott doesn’t seem too bright

There are many links posted here.

Some I trust, some I don't

Simple.

Well, what is trending is just the top 30 hashtags or topics that people are viewing at the moment. Not trusting looking at the most popular topics that are being discussed on social media at the moment seems a little...odd to me...but as song goes "Different Strokes For Different Folks". 

Well, what is trending is just the top 30 hashtags or topics that people are viewing at the moment. Not trusting looking at the most popular topics that are being discussed on social media at the moment seems a little...odd to me...but as song goes "Different Strokes For Different Folks". 

Cool

I get my information from other places than some people's links.

I guess I'm different.

Looks like there are 10’s of millions of patriots who couldn’t care less about this day coming.  

HellToupee said:
Between me & you ,

Scott

doesn’t seem too bright

Wait until Scott finds out about Twitter, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Twitch, etc....   He's going to s### his pants.

It will succeed as there is a huge audience for the platform. Unless Apple squashes it.

Not as big as the established big boys like FB or Twitter.  People laughed at Twitter when it started, and they had rollout issue so who knows where it will go?

I am sure Squis has already joined to keep tabs for us.

Turns out that when you're constantly lied to all the time by the media that opens a market for the actual truth.  :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread