What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Permanent Daylight Saving Time (1 Viewer)

Why is this taking so long to figure out? Pick one and stick with it year round, I honestly don’t care which!

The General said:
Seriously. I don't understand this issue and assume it's a joke when people get into it one way or the other.

My wife every year: "I can't believe we lose an hour of sleep this weekend!"

Me: "You aren't losing anything - just sleep the same amount - WALA"

I don't really care one way or the other about time change although I like to have the daylight as long as possible. I've diagnosed myself with SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...fective-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20364651

Each year it's the same for me. I think my fondness for the holidays kind of gets me through Nov/Dec but Jan-Mar until time change is always a really bad time for me. Nothing severe but it's something that is noticeable in my mood and outlook - and I haven't been able to figure out a way to overcome it.

This will be the last year of time change but I’m already feeling kind of bummed about the shorter days. When the time changes in a few months I want to make a conscious effort to combat this. I think I’m precious years it’s manifested itself with more drinking, less exercise and poor eating - all resulting in weight gain. I’m putting together some things I plan to do strategically to hopefully help.
Why do you say this is the last year of time change?

I thought the bill passed - I could easily be wrong though.
Passed the Senate. House won't vote on it for some reason.

Yeah, I did more digging after your post. That sucks but for my self-diagnosed issue not sure how much that will help - I think shorter days is a bigger issue.
Up here next to the Canadian border it sure would be nice to not have the sun set at 4:30 in December.
It's almost like this is a state to state decision.

The General said:
Seriously. I don't understand this issue and assume it's a joke when people get into it one way or the other.

My wife every year: "I can't believe we lose an hour of sleep this weekend!"

Me: "You aren't losing anything - just sleep the same amount - WALA"

I don't really care one way or the other about time change although I like to have the daylight as long as possible. I've diagnosed myself with SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...fective-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20364651

Each year it's the same for me. I think my fondness for the holidays kind of gets me through Nov/Dec but Jan-Mar until time change is always a really bad time for me. Nothing severe but it's something that is noticeable in my mood and outlook - and I haven't been able to figure out a way to overcome it.

This will be the last year of time change but I’m already feeling kind of bummed about the shorter days. When the time changes in a few months I want to make a conscious effort to combat this. I think I’m precious years it’s manifested itself with more drinking, less exercise and poor eating - all resulting in weight gain. I’m putting together some things I plan to do strategically to hopefully help.
Why do you say this is the last year of time change?

I thought the bill passed - I could easily be wrong though.
Passed the Senate. House won't vote on it for some reason.

Yeah, I did more digging after your post. That sucks but for my self-diagnosed issue not sure how much that will help - I think shorter days is a bigger issue.
Up here next to the Canadian border it sure would be nice to not have the sun set at 4:30 in December.
It's almost like this is a state to state decision.
That would be lovely. Right now states are allowed to do regular time all the time, but not DST. Most states and their citizens want DST all the time. I don't see the harm in offering that choice. Arizona can stay on regular time all the time if they choose.

Keep it the way it is. I don't want it dark until after 9am.
Seriously. I start work at 6:30am on the west coast. My mood when it’s dark driving to work versus when the sun is rising driving to work is a huge swing. Not gonna lie.
Yeah, it's weird driving around at 7am with your headlights on and it impacts my mood and ability to get going like it does you.

Seriously. I start work at 6:30am on the west coast. My mood when it’s dark driving to work versus when the sun is rising driving to work is a huge swing. Not gonna lie.
Yeah, it's weird driving around at 7am with your headlights on and it impacts my mood and ability to get going like it does you.
Funny as I’m the opposite end of the eastern time zone, so it’s just getting light out now. The sunset is 7:15, so it gives me time after work to work in the yard or whatever.

Funny as I’m the opposite end of the eastern time zone, so it’s just getting light out now. The sunset is 7:15, so it gives me time after work to work in the yard or whatever.
Yeah....for me, especially during "fall" and "winter" (quotes, cuz, well, Florida) there isn't much for me to do in the evenings. Grass kinda goes dormant and it's freakin' hot so I don't want to be out in it anyway :lmao:

This is a reason, if they ever did stop changing the clocks, it would be good to adjust the time zones.
We’re on The eastern side of central. Without DST, sunrise in July would be 0430. Which, for us early bird runners seems great. But I like my almost 8pm sunsets in the summer.

I’m not sure if there’s the equivalent of being a Snowbird but for daylight instead of weather/temperature but if there was and I had the money, I’d be one.

That would be lovely. Right now states are allowed to do regular time all the time, but not DST. Most states and their citizens want DST all the time. I don't see the harm in offering that choice. Arizona can stay on regular time all the time if they choose.
Clarification, Arizona sans the Navajo Nation. Evidently the Navajos have some common sense.

Users who are viewing this thread