What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Deshaun Watson, CLE (1 Viewer)

Rolling out Watson in an important league in RTS where I am 6-2. I have 3 QB's Levis, Love and Watson I held off playing Levis Thursday in case Watson was going to go. QB holding this team back I went zero RB started 5 WR's in a row to start the draft (can only start 4) I actually was busy in a 2nd draft with a friend at my house as the same time and totally missed Lamar being on the board and he was 1 pick away from coming back to me in the 6th so yep that sucked. I noticed it about 5 seconds after I took Hopkins who I don't even play (I got Puka off waivers as well) so Hopkins is my WR6.......terrible mistake and has cost me just about every week.

I didn't snag him yet
Oh he's just sitting out there. I'd go pick him up. Crowd speak/noise has gotten so carried away with the negative narratives on him because he's so easy to dislike. It's almost like people forgot he got better each week this year before he got hurt and was a QB10 in fantasy after 3 weeks. With the amount of QB injuries this year I'm grabbing that if he's just hanging around.

but don’t like that weather in cleveland.
Not kidding when I say you might as well trade him then because it's not going to get a lot better then 50's, light wind and mainly sunny in Cleveland.
I didn't snag him yet, I want to see if this Frank Tanana arm can do a thing

Had seen worse weather when I looked earlier maybe it was a bad report from Tuesday

Now there's a blast from the past. I'm betting at least 75% of this board has never heard of him.

Not kidding when I say you might as well trade him then because it's not going to get a lot better then 50's, light wind and mainly sunny in Cleveland.

Had seen worse weather when I looked earlier maybe it was a bad report from Tuesday

Now there's a blast from the past. I'm betting at least 75% of this board has never heard of him.
Dude played for like 20 years, and this board is older than you think. I suspect more than you realize know the name.

I didn't snag him yet
Oh he's just sitting out there. I'd go pick him up. Crowd speak/noise has gotten so carried away with the negative narratives on him because he's so easy to dislike. It's almost like people forgot he got better each week this year before he got hurt and was a QB10 in fantasy after 3 weeks. With the amount of QB injuries this year I'm grabbing that if he's just hanging around.
Snagged yesterday for this exact reason.

Dude played for like 20 years, and this board is older than you think. I suspect more than you realize know the name.
One of my favorite players from the ‘70s!

Jesus H, that was the best half of football from a Browns QB in.... Maybe my lifetime.

In BAL. Against the "best" in the league. After a tough 1st half.

YOU GO BEAST MODE PERFECTION, WHAAAAAAT!?!?!?

Looking like a 2nd half of fantasy season difference maker. And yes he's hurt a bit but good for him to gut it out
I'm still worried about his shoulder, but it looked better today as the game went on.
My only concern is why was he so bad in the first half? Stats for the game weren’t good, but at least he played well when he needed to.

he was bad. but then again, what qb has actually looked good v BAL this szn? esp in BAL?

his 2nd half was GOAT level good. obv im hyping, but it legit couldnt have been better

Looking like a 2nd half of fantasy season difference maker. And yes he's hurt a bit but good for him to gut it out
I'm still worried about his shoulder, but it looked better today as the game went on.
My only concern is why was he so bad in the first half? Stats for the game weren’t good, but at least he played well when he needed to.

After watching him often during his Texans tenure, he has some Jeckyl and Hyde qualities. He can often go silent for quarters and/or games before bursting out. It can be frustrating to watch but glorious when he's on point.

was weird (but amazing) to hear BOTH michael irvin and richard sherman say they saw a point in the game where they "saw" when the entire CLE team bought in to Watson.

like a light switched. like the guys knew he was battered and bruised but still took a beating and kept them in it. i think it was was he was down for a min on the sideline after the run... they said they saw him and another browns player communicate something, but the "aura" changed completely.

man, i SO hope this is the turning point.

"The Browns announced on Wednesday that quarterback Deshaun Watson will undergo season-ending surgery on a broken bone in his throwing shoulder. Watson had missed three games this season and also left the team’s Week 7 matchup against the Colts early after suffering a big hit..."
, i SO hope this is the turning point
🤷‍♂️ browns fans just can’t get a break. (Not to mention my SF dynasty team)
Let’s go Pj Walker!

When the hell did he break a bone?
not sure when but it was a hit during the game.

it's a fracture where the insertion of the tendon starts to pull away from the bone.

they gave him a dart at the half and with that and adrenaline, he was able to play through it for the second half.

it's not something he can play through moving forward.

edit: this is just going off of what i heard on the radio, i'm sure we'll get more details eventually, i may be wrong.

Last edited:
Is his career in potential jeopardy with this?
He wasn't right most of the season, what next?
He has not started and finished a complete season since 2020?
His time might have passed already, he turns 29 next year and part of his early game were plays he made with his legs which seems to have evaporated in Cleveland
He missed a lot fo time where he would have matured into a stronger pocket passer, he may never catch up to anything like what we saw early in his career.

DeShaun Watson has been paid over $90,000,000.00 so far for a whopping 12 starts
14 TDs, 9 Int
To describe this as a disaster so far is not a mischarcterization

Last edited:
They paid Watson 16M this season. How did he hit 90?
$90M on Spotrac
3 yrs and about $130-$135M left on the contract
Just going on SPotrac

Technically $45M in '22, mostly the signing bonus, then $46M this year in a "restructure" bonus.

They paid Watson 16M this season. How did he hit 90?
$90M on Spotrac
3 yrs and about $130-$135M left on the contract
Just going on SPotrac

Technically $45M in '22, mostly the signing bonus, then $46M this year in a "restructure" bonus.
Such a bargain.
Pretty sure the browns could have had the 1.01 with the picks they sent to Houston, and selected Stroud (presuming they’d take the “local” Guy). 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread