What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (1 Viewer)

Brooks Adrenaline (22?) GTS are my training shoe of choice. I save the Endorphin Speed/Pro for racing. Definitely notice the support difference between the former and the latter.

I am reaching out for shoe advice. I don't think the on clouds are the only problem, but between my age and increasing waistline I think I need something with more support to get back on the right track. The knee ailment that developed after several others issues I mentioned back in March persisted. I hoped a week off around Vegas would be the cure, but I only lasted ~10 days before it returned so I shut things down the last 3 weeks. Getting back out today was fine, but since it's now been 15 months since stringing more than 4-6 weeks in a row (what do ya know- that's when I turned 40 :lol: ) without something stunting progress I have no confidence I'll be saying the same thing come mid-June. Any suggestions? As 30something year old me said over and over again, I am NOT a shoe guy. I didn't need to be, I suppose father time is undefeated and it's past time to adjust.

First 2 light, cushiony and plenty supportive shoes that come to mind are Saucony speed 3 and the Clifton 9s.
I know you and @gruecd are big fans of the Speed 3s. I just got a pair and, while they are good, I'm not sure I like them better than the 2.

And the Speed 2 can still be found much cheaper.

I like the 2s 10x more than the 3s. I feel like the 3s are clunky with less bounce than the 2s.

I love the Kinvara 14s. The 13s were my favorite version and I had 4 pairs of them...I didn't think anything was going to best them. The 14s are much better IMO. They run close to racing shoes and are super cheap right now.

I love the Kinvara 14s. The 13s were my favorite version and I had 4 pairs of them...I didn't think anything was going to best them. The 14s are much better IMO. They run close to racing shoes and are super cheap right now.
I just bought a pair of 14s, haven’t tried them on yet. Probably won’t for a few months, especially as I’m not running much right now. I liked the 11s slightly more than the 13 but the 13s were solid.

Users who are viewing this thread