What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Raheem Mostert, MIA (1 Viewer)

May attempt to trade Mostert straight up for Bijan.

Bijan on bye this week. Owner may have had it with A. SMith.

Playoff schedule comparison:

* Mostert: NYJ, DAL, @bal
* Bijan: @CAR, INDY, @CHI

That is night and day SOS right there.

Jason Wood has JWJ ranked 5th overall ... I'm assuming an error or am I missing something?
i hope he is right. and mostart is hurt and they dont activate achane yet.that would be something seeing i have wilson on my bench.maybe he knows something we dont know

Jason Wood has JWJ ranked 5th overall ... I'm assuming an error or am I missing something?
i hope he is right. and mostart is hurt and they dont activate achane yet.that would be something seeing i have wilson on my bench.maybe he knows something we dont know

Strange. I see it too. Must be a mistake and maybe that's Achane projections.

Down the page, Mostert ranked 15th with 13+ PPR points.

How we feeling about Mostert today?

Achane probably out. Jeff Wilson should be in the mix.

NYJ's are definitely a run funnel (although I could see Miami swimming against the current and still airing it out).

Mostert also has a decent history against the NYJ.

Universally ranked high across every site.

Debating Mostert vs. Kyren Williams (who could be a bit of a dice roll, but great matchup @AZ).

Debating Mostert vs. Kyren Williams (who could be a bit of a dice roll, but great matchup @AZ).

I have the exact same decision to make. I’m sticking with Mostert and the fact Achane is out so volume will be there vs. Williams and his first game back. I’m not 100% confident.

I have the exact same decision to make. I’m sticking with Mostert and the fact Achane is out so volume will be there vs. Williams and his first game back. I’m not 100% confident.
Yeah it's a tough one.

I just wonder if McDaniels plays game and inserts too much Jeff Wilson after Mostert had 20+ carries last week. The NYJs run D is lousy, but the game is at home, and that secondary is nasty. Could see an ugly type game. Something like 19-9. Lots of FGs.

I'm having a hard time seeing who else gets the volume for AZ. Henderson on the practice squad. Could he return to the roster? Royce Freeman? Kyren burned this team for 158 prior to getting hurt.

Should get opportunities. I think they will pass just enough to keep the D honest. Why throw at those corners? Jets O should do nothing and their D can be run on. Seems like a great setup.

Looks like we’re getting bailed out by that third quarter TD. Still time for some garbage yards to pad the total, but it’s looking like Kyren came back at just the right time for me. JWJ looks good and Achane coming back will make starting Mostert a serious gamble.

I feel like this is always the script vs the Jets. Their run D is stout until their awful offense allows the other team to wear it down thus their overall numbers against running backs aren’t good. We got lucky that the Evans fumble made the game closer. Still curious of the usage with Achane and Wilson in the mix.

Every week I wonder when this dude goes back to my bench for the rest of the year. Rough ride, but good results.
He’s had one bad fantasy game. The only rough ride is all of us (myself included), waiting for an injury to come.
8 carries for 15 yards at the half. Wouldn't have gotten the second TD if Evans didn't fumble on his first touch. Tough to be dependent on garbage time.
Are you upset that you started him?

Every week I wonder when this dude goes back to my bench for the rest of the year. Rough ride, but good results.
He’s had one bad fantasy game. The only rough ride is all of us (myself included), waiting for an injury to come.
8 carries for 15 yards at the half. Wouldn't have gotten the second TD if Evans didn't fumble on his first touch. Tough to be dependent on garbage time.
That’s all part of FF. You take points anyway you can get them. Mostert has been a lucky find for many of us and you ride that train as long as you can.

No. Doesn't mean that I think he is a good start going forward.

I sat him this week, walked out at halftime feeling like a genius.

Looks like we’re getting bailed out by that third quarter TD. Still time for some garbage yards to pad the total, but it’s looking like Kyren came back at just the right time for me. JWJ looks good and Achane coming back will make starting Mostert a serious gamble.
Left at halftime to pickup my family at the airport. At dinner, checked in and saw he scored two TDs. I'll take it.

Another week where the usage seems odd, but he still produces. As he has all season. And next week, I'll be trying to sell him for like the 4th week in a row lol.

Also have Kyren coming back. With Achane back and Wilson healthy, this MUST be the week it ends right? Right??

@Smack Tripper this one's for you buddy

4 x/4 games he has less than 13 carries, 10-13-7-10, that is almost CoP RB and when Achane burst on the scene Week3, it's understandable
The other 2 games, 17 and 18 carries
Mostert has never totaled over 200 carries in a single season as he round s the bases towards turning 32
He stands right now at about 75 thru 6 weeks or an avg of about 12-13 per week, over 17 games adds up to 204-220 carries for the year
Achane will be back in 3 more weeks possibly, Jeff Wilson is still ready to be activated

I doubt you can get a major trade for him
I'm with @bj diggy just enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts
Miami is not abusing Mostert that I can find. If they start handing him the ball 20x a game every week, that would be a concern.
time for a toast to Mostert...so glad I didn't trade him and just saddled up...doesn't matter from here forward - what a damn amazing ride. Giddyup!

Left at halftime to pickup my family at the airport. At dinner, checked in and saw he scored two TDs. I'll take it.

Another week where the usage seems odd, but he still produces. As he has all season. And next week, I'll be trying to sell him for like the 4th week in a row lol.

Also have Kyren coming back. With Achane back and Wilson healthy, this MUST be the week it ends right? Right??
achance will get hurt again..it's what he does..

just an odd take for the RB that leads the NFL in td's....McCaffrey owners don't fret when he scores with SF up 20 points....

achance will get hurt again..it's what he does..
So you say there is achance?

No. Doesn't mean that I think he is a good start going forward.
I get what you are saying.
If this ride were to continue, it would be one of the weirdest journeys for a Top 5 RB.

Remember way back when, when he scored 45 fantasy points in a game where he essentially lost his starting job?
Most of us assumed our days of starting Mostert would end when Achane came back.
Mostert is a fantastic player, but he has a backfield mate that could break fantasy football if he could ever stay healthy.

Then yesterday Wilson looked like the better back until the 4th. Mostert came through, as he has this year.

But anybody who's had Mostert this year knows that it has felt like it was all going to come crashing down at some point. Between Achane and WIlson, and some negative TD regression that's due.

Even earlier in the season when he seemed like the greatest sell-high in history, you couldn't do it.......because everybody else thought it would come crashing down too.

Hopefully, it won't . It's just been a curious ride.

Dolphins definitely gave a **** you after the jets were not conceding. Lol
Yeah and may sink me this week :ptts:
Several late game TDs did that...Dallas defensive TD, Aiyuk, and Mostert. Was highly favored to win but just about every player on his team has outperformed expectations thus far (only Logan Thomas didn't, but it wasn't as if he was projected to do much anyway).

Last week to sell high.

I'd think Achane back. Could be a serious RBBC with Wilson included.

Feel like Friday's production was a bit of a mirage too. Did didly until a couple of late TDs.

Last week to sell high.

I'd think Achane back. Could be a serious RBBC with Wilson included.

Feel like Friday's production was a bit of a mirage too. Did didly until a couple of late TDS

Same story every week...achane, wilson....somebody is going to knock mostert off of his throne. Hasn't happened yet. Could it...sure. At this point, I'd be willing to bet against wilson and achane instead of Mostert. If I lost that bet, I'm ok with it. I would also respectfully note...I if McCaffrey (the guy 2nd to Mostert in TD's ) scores 2 late TD's , nobody says anything...

Any Mostert owners who also are holding Jeff Wilson feeling compelled to hang onto Wilson?

Sounds like Achane is back this week. Unless one of Mostert or Achane get banged up, don't see much use for Wilson.

There are some other upside cuffs out there like E. Mitchell or D. Johnson who have one man in their way, not two.

All that said, Wilson looked good last week.

Any Mostert owners who also are holding Jeff Wilson feeling compelled to hang onto Wilson?

Sounds like Achane is back this week. Unless one of Mostert or Achane get banged up, don't see much use for Wilson.

There are some other upside cuffs out there like E. Mitchell or D. Johnson who have one man in their way, not two.

I have Mostert in a league and held Wilson for a few weeks but dropped him about 2 weeks ago. Imo Wilson isn’t worth rostering if Mostert and Achane are healthy unless you have long benches.

I've been carrying Wilson all year to cuff Mostert (6 bench spots) and intend to keep doing so. Neither RB ahead of him has shown that they aren't injury prone and he has shown he can produce when called on.

This guy has just been incredible this year. And he'll probably fall off a cliff next year lol. I started the year with a team my top 4 RBs were he, CMC and Rashaad White +Aaron Jones and did everything I could to find new options to no avail.

I can't believe I got from this group 3 of the top 4 PPR backs this year and Jones isn't even close to being one of them. This game is wild most times.

He's the guy I've been trying to sell high unsuccessfully for weeks and he just keeps grinding it out. Glad I didn't sell.

Very surprised he got 20+ carries with Achane fully healthy.

I would say one of my biggest misses. Owner of zero shares, but would of went on A Few a Good Men court scene rant on why you should trade him before season started. Someone posted about moving him for Tee Higgins at start of season. I 100% would of made that move. Dude is a title winning set and forget rb1.

He's the guy I've been trying to sell high unsuccessfully for weeks and he just keeps grinding it out. Glad I didn't sell.

Very surprised he got 20+ carries with Achane fully healthy.
He was running much better than Achane last night.

When DA first came back from his injury, I saw something on Rotoworld or wherever about how he would "reclaim" the lead RB role, and I was like, what are you smoking? Mostert has clearly been the RB1 all season in terms of workload. Even during the Washington game, Achane did most of his damage in garbage time

181-891, almost 1,100 total yds and 5 TDs in '22
183-924-16TDs rushing thus far, almost 1,100 total yds again and 18 TDs total

4 games left on the schedule for him to add to his career numbers
Mostert has never eclipsed 1,000 yds rushing in a single season

181-891, almost 1,100 total yds and 5 TDs in '22
183-924-16TDs rushing thus far, almost 1,100 total yds again and 18 TDs total

4 games left on the schedule for him to add to his career numbers
Mostert has never eclipsed 1,000 yds rushing in a single season
Don't jinx him now!!

Not to jinx him (Well sorta jinx him as an Achane owner) but the most impressive thing about him this season is his ability to stay healthy. That's always been his downfall.

Good on him so far.
Looks like positive injury regression is also a thing. We should’ve all seen the writing on the wall that a 31 year old oft injured back is still getting starting opportunities. See L. Murray. These are good effective players

Users who are viewing this thread