What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Zack Moss, CIN (1 Viewer)

Would you drop Dalvin Cook for Moss at this point? Putting this out here not as a WHIS post, but rather to set a barometer for Moss’s value. I’m seriously considering this move.

I’m seeing a clear 1A RB emerging from the shadow of JT, because I don’t envision JT sticking around past his injury return.

Is Moss someone really to get excited about? A career underachiever who has a battering ram for a QB. I understand the barren landscape, I just do not see him being a savior worth investing in.

He's plug and play for some people including me

Lost dobbins and really only have pierce and Williams (both Javante and Kyren) left at RB. I'm not sure Moss >>> Pierce given the offenses

I'm trying to decide whether I should drop rondale more or Michael Wilson in a keeper league to pick up moss. I have Kupp sitting on IR so I just have to get through

Is Moss someone really to get excited about? A career underachiever who has a battering ram for a QB. I understand the barren landscape, I just do not see him being a savior worth investing in.
Excited? Nope. Someone who can get 15 carries a game for a couple of weeks? Yep. As a Taylor and Kamara owner im piecing together what I can. Best part is in most cases he was absolutely free. Those ones feel better. Ha ha

Yep was free after waivers ran, but I believe many in my league are kind of wishing they had him. Good Start and has Rd 3 pedigree? I'm going to start him, he has a big opportunity to seize.

Yep was free after waivers ran, but I believe many in my league are kind of wishing they had him. Good Start and has Rd 3 pedigree? I'm going to start him, he has a big opportunity to seize.

May start him over K. Herbert. Don't like the RBBC and the matchup with TB that smothered the MN running game.

I don't have the space for him or I would grab him. There are people on my bench I want to see another week before I'm willing to drop.

The thing I have hope for is Moss is playing for a starting job right now. There's no guarantee JT is back week 5 and he's probably not back next year. If Moss ever was going to seize a job, it's now.

In larger leagues with some of the big name RB's already dinged up he's a worthy investment. But yeah not exciting that's for sure

The thing I have hope for is Moss is playing for a starting job right now. There's no guarantee JT is back week 5 and he's probably not back next year. If Moss ever was going to seize a job, it's now.
I put JT's odds of playing for the Colts this year as less then 50% and the odds of being on the roster after the trade deadline as considerably less.

I am approaching the ROS as Zach Moss is the most likely leader of a RBBC in Indy. How much value that is remains to be seen.

Right now, going with Puka over Moss at flex (non-PPR). I've been waffling over it for the past 24 hours though.

I put JT's odds of playing for the Colts this year as less then 50% and the odds of being on the roster after the trade deadline as considerably less.

I am approaching the ROS as Zach Moss is the most likely leader of a RBBC in Indy. How much value that is remains to be seen.
Where are you coming up with those percentages?

My head

My head
The math adds up then.

Would we expect Deon Jackson to maintain a pass catching role if Moss were to be the early down guy?
Bueller? Sorry but can anyoen tell me is Moss a good receiver? Jackson just had 5 receptions and is known for it a bit. 6 targets not bad given the question marks on AR dumping it off. I don't know if they were by design or what. 2 other RB targets as well.

Nate Atkins
- Zack Moss will help personnel groupings. He can run and pass protect. Indy got little of that, including a missed protection on one dialed-up deep shot.

- Chemistry with Kylen Granson/Alec Pierce needs work, naturally.

- Pitt is a great safety valve. Open when he’s not open.

Denny Carter
do you think moss will work as the RB1 this week?

Nate Atkins
No question, if healthy, which it seems like he is.

Considering him in a PPR league this week over M Thomas, Hollywood Brown, & Khalil Herbert.
Obviously everyones league is different but I'd actually roll him out over those three options. Even though he looked good I just can't trust Thomas yet. Chicago situation is so up in the air. Moss should see 15 touches. I'll take that and hope for the best

Last edited:
Considering him in a PPR league this week over M Thomas, Hollywood Brown, & Khalil Herbert.
Obviously everything league is different but I'd actually roll him out over those three options. Even though he looked good I just can't trust Thomas yet. Chicago situation is so up in the air. Moss should see 15 touches. I'll take that and hope for the best
Almost exactly where my line of thinking has netted out, plus Houston kind of brings it home for me.

Considering over K. Herbert as well along with several others: Kyren Williams (SF D), R. Doubs (ATL Corners), E. Moore (@PIT).

Last game of the season in 2022 against this same team, Moss had 18-114-1 and 3-7.

HOU's d strength is their secondary , but they can be run on.

I wonder if Indy coaching staff will be annoying with D. Jackson though. Want to see some pregame twitter chatter that Moss is a) Starting and b) Will be the guy.

Have him sitting behind Pierce and Kelley right now. We'll see tomorrow.
Kelley is a must start, imo. Have Ekeler in one league and drafted Kelley in both with full intention of starting him no matter what if Ekeler ever sat.

Pierce/Moss is a tough one.

Anyone trust this guy today?

Would love for D. Jackson to go away. I fear he'll be in the mix. Curious if they have a third RB active today.

Betting lines have Moss at +190 for a TD and have the line set around 50 yards rushing.
That sounds about right - 50 yards and ~40% chance of a TD.

The challenge here especially is with ARich’s threat to vulture any short yardage TDs. So maybe it’s closer to a ~20% chance of a score.

I certainly wouldn’t start him.

I’ve been kicking around the idea of playing him in front of

Pacheco vs JAX
B Robinson vs DEN

Houston’s D is hot garbage

Anyone trust this guy today?
No. Not even as a desperate flex. Just no idea what you’re going to get.

His best chance at a score is to break off a long one on an RPO when the D is keying in on ARich.

Hard to “trust” that to happen.

It certainly could. But if there’s any better option (wr3 type) I’d probably lean that way.

He's on my bench but I'm glad to see this. Don't like the A rich injury but it's encouraging to see them use Moss and he make the most of it.

So, is he must start going forward? Don't think Baltimore scares me but they are a massive favorite. Seems the Colts have a solid run D but very bad pass D. Ravens want to throw more, so I'm not sure how much opportunity the Colts will get. I've underestimated the Colts though each week. Feels like underestimating again.

Users who are viewing this thread