What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Stars at Brotherly Love*** (+6) 46.5u ABC Saturday Night Special (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
One would assume Dallas would win a meaningless game for Philly but I have my doubts. Zeke needs 85 yds to reach 1,000 but that seems unlikely with his totals of late. Incredible if he misses that mark in a 17 game schedule where he played most of the season. 

Dallas 20...Philly 17 and I leave myself a half point and Philly but I could be talked into Dallas if enough Eagles are not suiting up or playing tonight. Maybe Dallas jumps on them early and then plays their back ups. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If you roster Zeke or any other Dallas Cowboy or someone like Boston Scott who may or may not play or could see limited snaps and you are still competing for a league title this weekend, DUMP those players right before kick off just so you have total flexibility on your roster going into Sunday. You might see a RB you didn't know was being promoted up to starter and want to roll the dice or any other position for that matter. I couldn't begin to tell you who the Jets might suit up at WR right now just as an example. 

Meaningful or not it's still a rivalry game so I expect a hard fought affair,so.....

Cowboys- 27

Eagles- 20

Looks like Boston Scott will remain OUT or on the Covid list and Kenneth Gainwell will be one of the only decent RBs active for Philly tonight. 

Are we assuming Gainwell will be used as a lead RB? What can he be expected to do with Minshew at QB?
Seems like Gainwell is certainly in line for some work but I don't know what their O-line is going to look like. Sixteen starters aren't playing.

Center Jason Kelce will start, but that's to keep his 122 consecutive game streak intact. He may not go more than one series. 

Seems like Gainwell is certainly in line for some work but I don't know what their O-line is going to look like. Sixteen starters aren't playing.

Center Jason Kelce will start, but that's to keep his 122 consecutive game streak intact. He may not go more than one series. 
So Gainwell will catch 5-7 balls while Minshew is running for his life and dumping the ball off. Might not be much rushing and even when Gainwell has appeared like he might be the RB1, Philly usually doesn't lean on him very hard. Fairly disappointing Rookie season although i feel like he has flashed some skills. 

This game will be offensive, IMO.  However, I'd like to see Minshew do some good things.  A birds win plus a NO win moves them up to #6.  At #7 the birds play the Rams.  At #6 the Birds play TB.  I might be crazy but that depleted team EVEN WITH the GOAT doesn't scare me too much.  

GO BIRDS!!!!

i love that McCarthy is playing the starters tonight so they can gain momentum going into the playoffs. if beating the Eagles' practice squad is the magic they need, then I guess all will be fine. 

i love that McCarthy is playing the starters tonight so they can gain momentum going into the playoffs. if beating the

Eagles

' practice squad is the magic they need, then I guess all will be fine. 
I thought the same thing. Flip side, what if they still struggle?

Why are Dak and Zeke in the game? What does Dallas have to gain with a win here? I'm honestly asking, not judging. What are the possibilities? 

i love that McCarthy is playing the starters tonight so they can gain momentum going into the playoffs. if beating the Eagles' practice squad is the magic they need, then I guess all will be fine. 

If any of the key starters get hurt he should be fired immediately but as an Eagles fan I love it 

Why did JAX trade Minshew for a conditional 6th? He's better than several starters.
The Jags. A conditional six.  :lmao:

Right where they drafted him. 

"Well, gee, this guy started at QB for a whole year and a half, let's swap him for what we paid for him!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did JAX trade Minshew for a conditional 6th? He's better than several starters.
Also they are interviewing Bill O'Brian for their HC job. How that guy ends up with another HC chance in his life time outside of Pop Warner I have zero idea 

Why are Dak and Zeke in the game? What does Dallas have to gain with a win here? I'm honestly asking, not judging. What are the possibilities? 

Mike McCarthy is the HC. McCarthy is an idiot. Dallas apparently wants to gain confidence after last weeks debilitating loss. Apparently if beating the Eagles Practice squad and 2 and 3s does it for them I might have to worry as a Dal fan 

Dallas could be the 2 seed with a win, but need TB, Rams and Cardinals all to lose. Or the 3 seed if Rams and Cards lose

I've said for awhile he hasn't looked great the last year or so from last year till now 

I think he still has moments where he gets close, but certainly not with regularity anymore

The Zeke of old would have taken that first carry for at least 15. Today’s Zeke got cut down by Alex Singleton after 5.
I roster him in my main dynasty league and have been trying to move him. Got an offer from the championship team for a first (twelfth overall) and turned it down mid-season. By the time I had changed my mind, so had the offeror. 

*kicks rocks*

Users who are viewing this thread