What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stonk thread: we are so back! (1 Viewer)

"the next ecommerce giant" is a pretty damn big goalpost.
Eh, it’s pretty damn open ended. He’s not talking about the next next one and all of the existing companies are already there so they can’t be next either. What does giant mean? Daniel Jones is a Giant but is he really any good?

In a Historic First Ever for the Movie Theatre Industry, AMC Theatres® Unveils a $25+ Million National Advertising Campaign Featuring Academy Award Winner Nicole Kidman Proclaiming: “AMC Theatres. We Make Movies Better.”

Interesting. To be clear, I LOVE going to the movies.  Particularly now when you can get a barcalounger,a steak dinner and a waiter to bring you cocktails to your seat.  

The stock price doesn't correlate to even the best of times though.   Purposely dove in now and picked mid-December strike date in case small investors pull money out to pay for the holidays and inadvertently start an avalanche of selling.  

Last edited by a moderator:
In a Historic First Ever for the Movie Theatre Industry, AMC Theatres® Unveils a $25+ Million National Advertising Campaign Featuring Academy Award Winner Nicole Kidman Proclaiming: “AMC Theatres. We Make Movies Better.”

Interesting. To be clear, I LOVE going to the movies.  Particularly now when you can get a barcalounger,a steak dinner and a waiter to bring you cocktails to your seat.  

The stock price doesn't correlate to even the best of times though.   Purposely dove in now and picked mid-December strike date in case small investors pull money out to pay for the holidays and inadvertently start an avalanche of selling.  
They don't have tails.

Buy selling hardware.  Had a friend that sold it B2B for CDW and mark up never exceeded 5%.

Only worse job was another GB that sold bottle caps.   He would quote millions at a time for (making up a number but it was this ridiculous) $0.0037 each.  Sometimes he would get it but more often than not would lose the bid for $0.0036 each.  He didn't stay long. Lol
I’ve made this analogy before but it sounds like Best Buy. Their P/S ratio is 0.5 and their revenue is increasing. They are profitable as well. GME’s P/S is 3, their revenue is declining (40% down over 3 years) and they are not profitable. Heck, their recent revenue was buoyed by the release of two new consoles which won’t happen again for a bunch of years.

Even if they were identical (increasing revenue and profitable), with Best Buy’s P/S ratio of being a retailer/e-commerce only (unlike say Amazon with half revenue from non-pure retail) they should only be worth $30-35.

2Squirrels1Nut said:
This sounds like a horrible plan.  Margin on hardware for resellers is virtually non-existent. 

Again, best of luck to you my friends. 

Except on AMC, @KGBand I need that to tank.  ;)
I'm still holding the short GB.  down $4300.  my crypto is going bonkers.  so tough to hold and not throw it in crypto.  but so far holding.  ill let you know.  my put is until 2023

EDIT - sorry, down 1K not 4K.  thats my LESL LOL

People hear what they want hear I suppose. I have never felt more confident in my GME holdings than today. I added to my lofty position. See the believers on the moon. 

I was pleased GME didn't create another at-the-market offering this quarter.

And even more pleased to see it climbing again today after last nights pummeling. 

Lol. Shorting a meme stock is just not my cup of tea. I know AMC is ridiculously overvalued but right now there are people who don’t care about that. ZS is my #3 holding and they had great earnings all around last night and it couldn’t hold the early gain and ended down 3.5%. AMC was up almost the same %. ZS has a huge TAM and has a ton of room to run over the next 5+ years. I’d never, ever, ever give a share away for AMC shares, but would I bet it does better short term? Nope. 5 year return, no question what I’d bet on.

"Greatest Wealth Transfer Ever"... Coming very soon.
Really, this again…..

I got suckered in the first time at a 266 cost basis.  Got hammered.  The wealth transfer when the way it’s gone from the beginning of time.  To someone else.   

Really, this again…..

I got suckered in the first time at a 266 cost basis.  Got hammered.  The wealth transfer when the way it’s gone from the beginning of time.  To someone else.   

You have had a lot of chances to lower your cost basis here. It won't really matter when this thing lifts off I suppose, but I am not sure I understand hodling at a $266 price point. You either believe the thesis that shorts never closed or you don't.

You have had a lot of chances to lower your cost basis here. It won't really matter when this thing lifts off I suppose, but I am not sure I understand hodling at a $266 price point. You either believe the thesis that shorts never closed or you don't.
You’re making assumptions that I have more capital to buy down.  I didn’t. Once I got stuck when the gamma never happened I was hoping (am still) upon hope that something will happen.  Now that it’s above 200 I’ve set that as a stop loss to minimize any further hit.  

And to be clear I’m not blaming you nor am I mad.  I’m a big boy that made my own decisions.    It’s all gambling.  I was just surprised that narrative has come back.

You’re making assumptions that I have more capital to buy down.  I didn’t. Once I got stuck when the gamma never happened I was hoping (am still) upon hope that something will happen.  Now that it’s above 200 I’ve set that as a stop loss to minimize any further hit.  

And to be clear I’m not blaming you nor am I mad.  I’m a big boy that made my own decisions.    It’s all gambling.  I was just surprised that narrative has come back.

All good. Here's hoping the rocket is around the corner for you. The company has turned the corner and is positioned for a great future.

Good stuff.  Not sure why you love rubbing my noses in those choices, but you be you. 

Rubbing your nose it in?  My nose is rubbed in it every time I open my fidelity account and see those donuts they choose to park at the top of the page as 00846L101 and 92833U202.

It's reminder that while some may think they've found a company that has the next big business model like pig farms in China, it could very well be a bunch of smoke and mirrors by people trying to separate you from your money.  You've been talking about a gamma squeeze for about 9 months now.  This is beginning to sound like Waldman continuing to pimp Bridgewater as the original Joe Burrow last October when the body of evidence said to expect a different outcome.

While the rest of the market is beating expectations coming out of Covid, GME is still losing money.  Even if they get back to their 2019 success, the are priced at a PE of 80.  Your theory now is that they are going to be the next Amazon.  Amazon is trading in around a 60 PE and is making very little margin on their e-commerce.  Their other businesses are carrying the freight for them.

This is by no means a slam dunk greatest wealth transfer evah.  That said, I wish you the best of luck on this.  For your sake, I hope you're right and I'm wrong and you even up filthy rich.

good buying opportunity...LMAO at the skeptics
Don’t want to burst your bubble but folks that bought at $250 are already down 15%. There’s a surge in all things meme this week but there’s no “real” news out there supporting it.

Still surprised that the COO leaving in less than a year didn’t hurt the price. That’s not a real good sign at all when it was a touted hiring for the turn around.

Don’t want to burst your bubble but folks that bought at $250 are already down 15%. There’s a surge in all things meme this week but there’s no “real” news out there supporting it.

Still surprised that the COO leaving in less than a year didn’t hurt the price. That’s not a real good sign at all when it was a touted hiring for the turn around.

I know you think you know quite a bit about Gamestop, but this post shows a great deal of ignorance on the subject.

I know you think you know quite a bit about Gamestop, but this post shows a great deal of ignorance on the subject.
Do tell! I’d like to know how one of the key hires at COO (a women no less) leaving is somehow a good thing. Also, yes, with the Activision scandal, I am kind of alluding to it being interesting that the woman C-level exec is the one leaving. I mean Cohen using Trump lingo after she left is interesting.

Anyway, I’d love to hear what I don’t know about GME because you were talking about $250 as a buy point and my 15% down was pure math so I must not get why the COO leaving so quick is a good sign. I mean you must work for GME to have some insider info that’s not just Interpreting what a frog eating ice cream means.

Anybody playing Big5 BGFV? I narrowly missed getting in at $26 a few days ago and today my order at $28 didn't fill.  BGFV seems like a relative safe 'meme' stock given their decent fundamentals.  If I could do spreads, buying Nov 19 $30 for 3.50 and selling Nov 19 $35 for 2.50 looks like a good chance to 4x your investment.

I'll likely be out by Friday, but this play has the numbers (20%+ short; in the money options; failure to deliver) to do something big if you're willing to ride it out.
I'd like to ride you with you in the future.  I've come to recognize the error of my previous ways.  I can't trade at the moment but PROG is a tough company to get behind.  They filed for $200M dilution in late July when their market cap was $400M.  I'm not sure how much of the dilution they have completed.  As of 9/30, they had $54M in cash and over $250M in debt.  They made 182,000 last quarter and spent 44 million but that was an improvement over the previous quarter when revenue was 463,000 and they spent 78 million.  

All that said, you can still make good money in this trade.  Proggers have been establishing a base at $3 for awhile.  This is a company that should be bankrupt but it's like musical chairs.  Some people will get a seat at the party and some will be left standing around looking foolish.

I'd like to ride you with you in the future.  I've come to recognize the error of my previous ways.  I can't trade at the moment but PROG is a tough company to get behind.  They filed for $200M dilution in late July when their market cap was $400M.  I'm not sure how much of the dilution they have completed.  As of 9/30, they had $54M in cash and over $250M in debt.  They made 182,000 last quarter and spent 44 million but that was an improvement over the previous quarter when revenue was 463,000 and they spent 78 million.  

All that said, you can still make good money in this trade.  Proggers have been establishing a base at $3 for awhile.  This is a company that should be bankrupt but it's like musical chairs.  Some people will get a seat at the party and some will be left standing around looking foolish.
Good input. These stonk plays are certainly not fundamental decisions. Like any trade, you have to know your risk/reward. If you have a few grand in cash that you want to take a shot with...PROG could easily double in a week with the retail excitement. It could also tank at any point, so you have to know your exit point. 

Good input. These stonk plays are certainly not fundamental decisions. Like any trade, you have to know your risk/reward. If you have a few grand in cash that you want to take a shot with...PROG could easily double in a week with the retail excitement. It could also tank at any point, so you have to know your exit point. 
I enjoy the adrenaline rush that comes with gambling.  PROG could certainly double.  It got to 5 twice today so there are definitely profit takers in the mix.  IMO, a company like PETS would be a much more deserving meme trade It has similar short percentage as PROG, however PETS is profitable with no need for dilution.  They just have not been growing at all for the last few years.  Share price has increased 20% in the last month from 25 to 30 so maybe a pump is brewing.  They need to do a reverse split 10-1 to encourage meme activity.  Even though PETS current market cap is less than PROG, squeeze traders look at share price rather than market cap. And most companies that are trading in the single digits in today's economy, got there by performing very badly fundamentally.

JB Breakfast Club said:
I'll likely be out by Friday, but this play has the numbers (20%+ short; in the money options; failure to deliver) to do something big if you're willing to ride it out.
Sold at about even.  Didn't realize you had such a short time frame. I appreciate the heads up! 

JB Breakfast Club said:
Yes sir, why I decided to bow out. 

GME is +17% over the past week without a significant spike in volume. 

I still like the stonk (added some shares today).
Nice score.  Did you see LGVN blowing up over the last few days?  Another biotech I saw mentioned today is CRDF.  Pfizer purchased 7% of CRDF, 15M in shares last week.  CRDF apparently has a promising cancer drug in phase II.

People have compared the Pfizer investment positively to TRIL and negatively to EPIX.  But both of those companies experienced price boosts in the months after Pfizer invested in them.  TRIL actually dipped a little the 1st month before doubling the 2nd.  Pfizer got their TRIL shares at a significant discount, whereas the article I'm reading claims they paid $6.22 for CRDF while it currently trades at $5.34.  It did bounce on the Pfizer news last week but twice faltered right around $6.22.

Volume has already dried up and the share price is falling back down.  $5 was a previous low in August.  They are a cash burning biotech but I'm thinking Jan $7.50 and $10.00 calls could be a good gamble. Feb is a little pricier and there is supposed to be some news in late January but I would rather be out before then.

Proggers must be getting impatient and seeing LGVN blow up could motivate them to search for the next biotech rocket.  So far I could only find 1 person talking about CRDF on Reddit.  Maybe it will pick up steam? 

Users who are viewing this thread