What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Boys on Amazon Prime (1 Viewer)

I wouldn't let my 12 yo daughter, 16 yo son or even my wife watch this show.

Saw level gore with Wolf of Wall Street level nudity/sex and probably a record level use of the C-word.

I wouldn't let my 12 yo daughter, 16 yo son or even my wife watch this show.

Saw level gore with Wolf of Wall Street level nudity/sex and probably a record level use of the C-word.

This makes me want to ask 2 questions. 

Why not? And how old is your wife?

This makes me want to ask 2 questions. 

Why not? And how old is your wife?
That was a tongue in cheek comment. She's actually older than me (by 4 months).

I know she would hate it and would turn off pretty much every episode after about 30 seconds. She doesn't watch anything gory or vulgar.

That was a tongue in cheek comment. She's actually older than me (by 4 months).

I know she would hate it and would turn off pretty much every episode after about 30 seconds. She doesn't watch anything gory or vulgar.

I know, I was joking with you as well. 

So, I watched the last episode on a plane after downloading it.  Somehow I had the last episode play entirely in "English Audio Description" mode where it has a chick voiceover all of the action.  Even though the button for the audio menu was set to "English" it still acted like it was in "English Audio Description".

I literally thought it was some kind of gimmick with the show and just watched the whole episode with it set like that.  I just got caught up with this thread and realized that I had to have done something wrong because not one person mentioned the voice over.

Sure enough, went to my phone and played around with the Audio options until I got it to play in English without the descriptions.

You know a show is getting creative when you accidentally mess up the audio mode and just assume it is part of the show.  :lol:

Planning to re-watch without the voiceover this weekend.
Same thing happened to me on several episodes.  Must be a glitch in the app.

Lucky for me I figured it out relatively quickly.  That would have been weird to watch with those descriptions.  I kept gettomg annoyed with the announcer, thinking "yeah, I know, I just watched it happen" lol.

Same thing happened to me on several episodes.  Must be a glitch in the app.

Lucky for me I figured it out relatively quickly.  That would have been weird to watch with those descriptions.  I kept gettomg annoyed with the announcer, thinking "yeah, I know, I just watched it happen" lol.
What annoyed me the most was her describing what was about to happen before it happened.

Just finished S3. Overall I loved the season but I was annoyed at how many of the main characters were willing to just stop caring about Homelander and focus on killing the bad-but-not-as-bad guy that was trying to kill Homelander.

I think they missed a big opportunity at the end of this season to give us a little break from the Homelander schtick which is starting to wear a little thin after 3 seasons. Could have been a great opportunity for Homelander to lose his powers from a Soldier Boy blast (but get away without being killed) and then next season be a background character having to scheme without his powers to get them back while Soldier Boy is the main bad of S4. Then S4 could have ended with Homelander getting his powers back and killing Soldier Boy, and now we have an even more powerful Homelander (he's learned to be a threatening character even without his powers) right at the perfect time we've had a little break from uber-powerful Homelander and are ready to see that character re-take the spotlight. They could even do a little fake redemption sub-plot where he becomes more human without his powers, but as soon as he gets them back he turns into an a-hole again.

S3 focused more on how over the top it could be at the expense of story and character. The Diabolical cartoon is even worse.

@FreeBaGeL is right, Homelander has gone from a guy you root against to one that's simply annoying.

S3 focused more on how over the top it could be at the expense of story and character. The Diabolical cartoon is even worse.

@FreeBaGeL is right, Homelander has gone from a guy you root against to one that's simply annoying.
I like the show, I like the characters but I agree, the whole Homelander schtick is a bit thin.

did not read whole thread because nervous of spoilers, so sorry if already asked, but my 13 yo boy wants to watch this, he has several friends who have watched it. I see it is M for 18+. Is it really that bad. I let him watch squid game at age 12, which I really didn't want to, but everyone his age had already seen it, so yes i let him watch it, and he handled it fine.

My daughter is almost 18. She pretty much is able to watch anything she wants, but she has expressed interest in The Boys (she's way into comics) and asked some time ago if she was allowed to watch it. I was so traumatized after watching the Termite scene at the beginning of season 3 that I told her, "Not only are you not old enough to watch this, but I'm not sure *I'm* old enough to watch this."

I'm in the camp that finds the plot enjoyable, but, even with as strong a stomach I have for gore, I turned my head at the scenes where they zoom in on the guy's head as it's mashed into pulp. We get it.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan has been cast for season 4 which started filming a few days ago. Just need to get Mischa Collins, Jared Padalecki, and Mark Sheppard to sign on next for the full Supernatural cast reunion!

Had the tv on and some random new mockumentary tv show came on called Welcome to Flatch. Recognized Sean William Scott (Stifler) as the pastor but his wife was really throwing me off… turns out it’s the same actress that played Stormfront. Edit: She’s got lighter hair and plays like a bubbly, innocent type character, complete opposite of Stormfront

Last edited:
Working my way through Season 2, I'll finish Season 3 next week.

Week 4 on hold for writer's strike.

I haven't read the thread, so any upcoming head explosions will be a surprise.

Damn. Was hoping to see a new season announcement in here.
Read this week that Kripke said Season 4 won't be released until after the writers guild strike is over. While they have wrapped filming, he said they do alot of dialouge updates/re-records in post and are basically writing up to release, so they aren't working those yet in solidarity with the WGA.

Now I get why this thread was bumped. I accidentally stumbled across the first three episodes of Gen V last night and had fun watching them all.

Gen V is definitely scratching the itch left by The Boys not being released. Same universe, same canon, some character overlap, same kitschy/campy feel, same dark humor, same gorey sight gags. Awesome!

Scratches an itch waiting for The Boys but it was just ok. Maybe once they start tying in to the current timeline it'll get better but it's just a little predictable. Still fun though.

The Boys was pushing the bounds for vulgarity with me and half an episode in this one looks like it’s doubling down on that stuff. This one may not be for me.

Is anyone else enjoying this more than the Boys?
I wouldn't say enjoying it more than, just seeing it as an extension of The Boys itself. After this week's episode I think the things that are going on in The Woods aren't what people think, and could have a big impact on the wider "The Boys" universe, so am really digging it.

And the puppet massacre scene was great. Laughing and wincing all at the same time.

I wouldn't say enjoying it more than, just seeing it as an extension of The Boys itself. After this week's episode I think the things that are going on in The Woods aren't what people think, and could have a big impact on the wider "The Boys" universe, so am really digging it.

And the puppet massacre scene was great. Laughing and wincing all at the same time.
I was folding laundry with my wife when that came on. She was speechless.

I was folding laundry with my wife when that came on. She was speechless.
The red glitter was :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread