What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Allen Robinson, NYG (6 Viewers)

After watching the game and rewatching sections, I just can't help feeling it's not a Robinson issue. I agree with @Dr. Octopus and @flapgreen where Stafford isn't coming off his initial reads, whether that's because the Oline is horrific or because he just has eyes for Kupp. I hate keeping Robinson on the bench, but I just feel there is potential there.

Stafford only looks to Kupp at WR. There's a reason the Rams are sucking. He did the same with Megatron for years.

I think that Pic-six was a direct result of this. Clearly that is a play that stood out in film study... no guessing by the DB there... they were waiting for the Rams to run that one.

Didn't they hit a stretch like this in 2021 as well? It was Kupp, Kupp, and more Kupp... on pace for 36 TDs, 2,600 yds receiving, 175 receptions. Spread the ball around down the stretch getting OBJ into the mix. Now he (Stafford) needs to be re-trained for some reason.

Last edited:
McVay is too stubborn to deviate from his playbook.
He’s won a Super Bowl and has been to another in the last 4 years. He probably has a handle on what he’s doing.

Heard a quip today from a popular FF show.

We feel bad for drafting Allen Robinson in the 4th? That cost us…nothing. Wasted redraft capital, yes…but this is a hobby. We haven’t played this game past high school, we live in our mom’s basement. Men who do this for a living and are at the pinnacle of their profession paid $46M to get this wrong.

Finding it hard to admit he was a mistake. And I'm still not sure he is at fault. You gotta get targets to make catches. Will LAR wake up and slap some sense into Stafford? Beginning to think not.

McVay is too stubborn to deviate from his playbook.
He’s won a Super Bowl and has been to another in the last 4 years. He probably has a handle on what he’s doing.

Heard a quip today from a popular FF show.

We feel bad for drafting Allen Robinson in the 4th? That cost us…nothing. Wasted redraft capital, yes…but this is a hobby. We haven’t played this game past high school, we live in our mom’s basement. Men who do this for a living and are at the pinnacle of their profession paid $46M to get this wrong.
Do they take the same stance on players they got correct?

Finding it hard to admit he was a mistake. And I'm still not sure he is at fault. You gotta get targets to make catches. Will LAR wake up and slap some sense into Stafford? Beginning to think not.
I wouldn't call it a mistake. Some were more bullish or bearish on Robinson and when you plant your flag at the extreme wrong end of the range of outcomes for him, you obviously need to own that. What is currently happening though is worse than the low end of the range of outcomes I think.

Rough.

Think he'll get dropped quite a bit this week. We've not even seen Van Jefferson yet this season. Possible OBJ resigns/returns late in year.

Looks like a massive blunder giving Woods away for a 6th rounder I believe and then giving Robinson the money they did.

Asked about getting the ball to Allen Robinson, Rams coach Sean McVay said, "A lot of it is out of his control."​

McVay went on to say the defenses the Rams are seeing and where Robinson is lining up against those coverages plays a role in the lack of targets. Regardless of the reason, the Rams have to find a way to get a receiver other than Cooper Kupp going. Fantasy managers would love if that receiver is Allen Robinson.
SOURCE: Kayla Burton on Twitter
Oct 5, 2022, 5:09 PM ET

Stafford only looks to Kupp at WR. There's a reason the Rams are sucking. He did the same with Megatron for years.

I think that Pic-six was a direct result of this. Clearly that is a play that stood out in film study... no guessing by the DB there... they were waiting for the Rams to run that one.

Didn't they hit a stretch like this in 2021 as well? It was Kupp, Kupp, and more Kupp... on pace for 36 TDs, 2,600 yds receiving, 175 receptions. Spread the ball around down the stretch getting OBJ into the mix. Now he (Stafford) needs to be re-trained for some reason.
Hold up, you think Huf was just waiting for that 16th pass to Kupp? LOL

At this point only masochists are still holding ARob.

WR74

It's OK to not be OK. If you need help, get help.

Lot of the Rams offensive issues seem to be tied to the poor OL play. They've had a hard time between retirement and injuries. C Coleman Shelton had a high ankle sprain Monday, he's out 4-6 weeks. Starting C Brian Allen has been out with a knee, he might come back Sunday v Dallas. G David Edwards is in the concussion protocol. Top draft pick G Logan Bruss tore his ACL in preseason. Another backup OL is on IR. Whitworth's replacement has been replacement level average.

After watching the game and rewatching sections, I just can't help feeling it's not a Robinson issue.
Go back and look at week 1. Nothing has changed. Stafford doesn't even look to A-Rob's side of the field. It really is comical how terrible Stafford zones in on Kupp.

I honestly don't understand why defenses don't put two guys on Kupp at all times. Yeah, I know Kupp is damn good, but there is no D out there FORCING Stafford to look elsewhere.

After watching the game and rewatching sections, I just can't help feeling it's not a Robinson issue.
Go back and look at week 1. Nothing has changed. Stafford doesn't even look to A-Rob's side of the field. It really is comical how terrible Stafford zones in on Kupp.

I honestly don't understand why defenses don't put two guys on Kupp at all times. Yeah, I know Kupp is damn good, but there is no D out there FORCING Stafford to look elsewhere.
Most teams are likely doubling him, or having a DB one-on-one with safety help over the top. Thing is....Kupp, along with Adams are the two best route runners in the league. Defenses are perfectly fine with Kupp getting 14 catches for less than 10 yards a catch. Make LA dink and dunk and stop it when closer to the goalline. And it's been successful. LA didn't score a TD against SF Monday night.

Most teams are likely doubling him, or having a DB one-on-one with safety help over the top. Thing is....Kupp, along with Adams are the two best route runners in the league. Defenses are perfectly fine with Kupp getting 14 catches for less than 10 yards a catch. Make LA dink and dunk and stop it when closer to the goalline. And it's been successful. LA didn't score a TD against SF Monday night.

He's still getting down the field plenty though.

I hear what you're saying, but I'd bet a Bill B. type would FORCE Stafford to immediately look away from Kupp and go elsewhere. His happy feet would get even happier.

I mean, right now, that offense is 99% Kupp. Healthy for Kupp production, unhealthy for the offense as a whole.

Asked about getting the ball to Allen Robinson, Rams coach Sean McVay said, "A lot of it is out of his control."​

McVay went on to say the defenses the Rams are seeing and where Robinson is lining up against those coverages plays a role in the lack of targets. Regardless of the reason, the Rams have to find a way to get a receiver other than Cooper Kupp going. Fantasy managers would love if that receiver is Allen Robinson.
SOURCE: Kayla Burton on Twitter
Oct 5, 2022, 5:09 PM ET
McVay’s locker room conversation with Robinson.

At this point only masochists are still holding ARob.

WR74
Glutton. Holding him one more week bc I do not think picking up Shakir in Buf is a better option.
I'm in the masochists club unfortunately, just not much on the WW and I do think there's a chance, however slim, that things turn around.

"So you're saying there's a chance!"
I really, really want to believe this. But the problem is that the Rams have already been in a variety of game scenarios (2 blowout losses, 1 close win, 1 comfortable win), and ARob's target share has been 2, 5, 5, and 6. At no point does the game script seem to persuade Stafford to throw LESS to Kupp. I am usually the one that stubbornly holds out, but not this time. If he blows up for someone else, more power to them. I'm just not going to stress about putting him in my lineup anymore to get 2 points.

I don’t know who y’all have on your WW that has more potential than this guy.
exactly. In a league where everyone is basically on a team there is the kid Shakir in Buff. and maybe Breida as a hedge vs Saquon. Not much else out there (MO ALLIE!!!!!). Holding for one more week and seeing if anything changes makes sense vs. those two picks.

There it is... the dreaded "P" word. Often used to explain away the holding onto of highly-drafted rookies that never blossom, or former studs that turn into duds (seemingly) overnight.
Sure but my waiver wire has the likes Scotty Miller on it. Somebody above said Pickens - I’d make a beeline for that but I imagine that’s an outlier.

There it is... the dreaded "P" word. Often used to explain away the holding onto of highly-drafted rookies that never blossom, or former studs that turn into duds (seemingly) overnight.
Sure but my waiver wire has the likes Scotty Miller on it. Somebody above said Pickens - I’d make a beeline for that but I imagine that’s an outlier.

Allan Robinson is dangerously close to entering the Josh Gordon zone. Projections, speculation for great success are based on past success. Dude's in his 9th season, and yes - he has been brilliant in the past. The reality though is that 4-catches in a game is his highwater mark going back to week 2 of last year. People will always find a way to explain it away on poor QB play... meanwhile, time marches on and we keep waiting for that next offensive explosion. Maybe it will happen, but he looks like a complete non-factor at the moment.

Rough.

Think he'll get dropped quite a bit this week. We've not even seen Van Jefferson yet this season. Possible OBJ resigns/returns late in year.

Looks like a massive blunder giving Woods away for a 6th rounder I believe and then giving Robinson the money they did.

Dropped him. good grief.

I'm in a league that has five copies of ARob circulating. I was hoping this thread would be a reflection of reality in that league but no one dropped him. Of course Pickens and Mckenzie had all five copies drafted and Mckenzie has been started 3 or 20 possible starts.

Stafford is 6th in the league in completions. I think I'll throw out some trade offers for Robinson. If Kupp gets dinged he could be huge.

He is hitting the bench, but I am still confident he will become a contributir this season.
May I ask why you think that?

I decided to hang on to him in my one league that I have him. The reason I decided to keep him is not because I think he will start getting more attention, but because the bye weeks are around the corner. Although I may still drop him on the Sunday WW run. Still debating.

He is hitting the bench, but I am still confident he will become a contributir this season.

I decided to hang on to him in my one league that I have him. The reason I decided to keep him is not because I think he will start getting more attention, but because the bye weeks are around the corner. Although I may still drop him on the Sunday WW run. Still debating.
I think the better and less expensive play may be grabbing Van Jefferson. At least him and Stafford had some connection at times last year.

I think I’m dropping him for Pacheco.

I have Hopkins coming back and already own another WR who’s hard to start and hard to drop (Moore)… so I’d rather have the upside.

I’m sure he’ll become a contributor after I drop him.

5 games in. Whole offense seems out of sync so Stafford just looking for Kupp.

I expect them to figure it out. It looks to me that Stafford doesn't have time to go through a progression... if Oline can give him a half second more I think this offense jumps forward.

I already told you I would do it. ARob's 1 catch for 12 yards on two targets does not scare me. Neither do the 38 catches for 410 yards (10.8 YPC) he had last year. That's fade material all day. I've bet people on the board here before and luckily everyone has paid (I've won every time).

https://moneymachine.vip/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/20220909-220922-1528092347631bb99238cd3.png

@Binky The Doormat thought I was **** for brains for saying Ebron would be a Top 10 TE in 2018 until he had to pay me $50. Luckily, my bankroll has grown since then and I can propose a real man's bet size of $250.

Alright you're on. Hopefully you will pay up if you lose.

LOCKED. 🔒 Good luck, homie, this will certainly add some thrill to this argument. Hopefully Van actually plays next week or else I've spotted you a free game. :lol: I'm easy to find, the website that image is hosted is run by me, so you can always come pounding on my door there.

Otherwise, I'll send you a PM with my personal Facebook page so you can hunt me down there and harass my family if I welch on you, lbs.

Well, we've officially made our $250 bet on more Arob or Van Jefferson yards at the end of the year, so we'll see how that goes I guess.

I knew Eminence couldn't keep from coming back and starting to offer wagers and **** like that on the board. He's playing nice now, but wait until he starts going crazy and threatening people.

How do you guys not catch his aliases and schtick every time?

Well he sent me his personal info over DM, so so hopefully that checks out and that it isn't some new Eminence profile.

It’s his 20th different time back on these boards under a different name - it’s always so obvious when he comes back. Same pattern every time. Now I’m not saying he won’t pay his bets (I have no idea) but don’t be shocked if he disappears (maybe not even voluntarily) and comes back under a new name.

I figured it out when he said that I was intimidated by him. That’s an old line of his. I actually made a post about how he should change up his shtick it’s so old now but deleted it - don’t want to deal with him again.
Well looks like I fell for the Eminence trap. He made the bet with me, even made a group PM with a few of you in it in order to make it official, sent me his Facebook info, etc.....

And then when Jefferson went on IR, he stopped responding to my messages and looks like he's either blocked me or disabled his profile because it says error when I click on him.

Unreal that there's people like this out there.

I already told you I would do it. ARob's 1 catch for 12 yards on two targets does not scare me. Neither do the 38 catches for 410 yards (10.8 YPC) he had last year. That's fade material all day. I've bet people on the board here before and luckily everyone has paid (I've won every time).

https://moneymachine.vip/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/20220909-220922-1528092347631bb99238cd3.png

@Binky The Doormat thought I was **** for brains for saying Ebron would be a Top 10 TE in 2018 until he had to pay me $50. Luckily, my bankroll has grown since then and I can propose a real man's bet size of $250.

Alright you're on. Hopefully you will pay up if you lose.

LOCKED. 🔒 Good luck, homie, this will certainly add some thrill to this argument. Hopefully Van actually plays next week or else I've spotted you a free game. :lol: I'm easy to find, the website that image is hosted is run by me, so you can always come pounding on my door there.

Otherwise, I'll send you a PM with my personal Facebook page so you can hunt me down there and harass my family if I welch on you, lbs.

Well, we've officially made our $250 bet on more Arob or Van Jefferson yards at the end of the year, so we'll see how that goes I guess.

I knew Eminence couldn't keep from coming back and starting to offer wagers and **** like that on the board. He's playing nice now, but wait until he starts going crazy and threatening people.

How do you guys not catch his aliases and schtick every time?

Well he sent me his personal info over DM, so so hopefully that checks out and that it isn't some new Eminence profile.

It’s his 20th different time back on these boards under a different name - it’s always so obvious when he comes back. Same pattern every time. Now I’m not saying he won’t pay his bets (I have no idea) but don’t be shocked if he disappears (maybe not even voluntarily) and comes back under a new name.

I figured it out when he said that I was intimidated by him. That’s an old line of his. I actually made a post about how he should change up his shtick it’s so old now but deleted it - don’t want to deal with him again.
Well looks like I fell for the Eminence trap. He made the bet with me, even made a group PM with a few of you in it in order to make it official, sent me his Facebook info, etc.....

And then when Jefferson went on IR, he stopped responding to my messages and looks like he's either blocked me or disabled his profile because it says error when I click on him.

Unreal that there's people like this out there.
I’m not sure why they always let him back and/or stay once he’s discovered. It’s always so obvious when it’s him again.

Users who are viewing this thread