What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Christian Kirk, JAX (1 Viewer)

Sheesh, even Zay Jones got way more looks than Kirk. I am sure this wont be an every week thing but it would be dumb for them to phase him out the offense

Im sure Kirk will have better games than this in weeks ahead. Its just one game and stuff like this happens.

As far as Kirk being a value in fantasy football though I dont know. Depends on how high you drafted him. I certainly dont expect him to come close to the numbers he put up last season, but he still might be a decent WR 3 for fantasy.

Agree with Bia the target/production numbers will assuredly improve; but the concern is what I brought up during the preseason. Ridley played 81% of snaps, Zay played 89% of snaps, Kirk.... 60%. This is the stat I'd be worried about and the one I question if it will change much. Being the 3rd WR and coming off the field as much as he does will greatly cap his ceiling.

Agree with Bia the target/production numbers will assuredly improve; but the concern is what I brought up during the preseason. Ridley played 81% of snaps, Zay played 89% of snaps, Kirk.... 60%. This is the stat I'd be worried about and the one I question if it will change much. Being the 3rd WR and coming off the field as much as he does will greatly cap his ceiling.
Yes. I did not know the snap counts broke down like this.

I was assuming Kirk is ahead of Jones in the pecking order regardless of where they line up, but if thats not the case its a bigger ding on Kirks opportunity than I was thinking.

Its only one week, so lets see how this plays out for a few more games before jumping to conclushions, but I agree that is not a good sign and I am surprised Zones is doing this well.

lets see 4-5 weeks play out first before jumping to conclusions. The colts have one of the better slot CB's and teams will start to deploy more coverage towards Ridley.

I would hold for 2 more weeks.

Considering this is how they operated in the preseason I wouldn't really say it's jumping to conclusions, but I can understand the frustration from owners. I'm sure there will be weeks Kirk is over 60% snap share, but at the same time, through the entire preseason and now week 1, he's the odd man out behind Ridley and Zay Jones. When fantasy seasons are only 13 weeks long for the most part, waiting 4-5 weeks to draw some conclusions seems like a poor process IMO. Especially if deciding to get out from under a player and trying to get back as much value as possible. If you need two more weeks to decide if you want him or not, and he puts up two more weeks like this.... well, you likely won't have much of a choice at that point outside of just cutting him.

Considering this is how they operated in the preseason I wouldn't really say it's jumping to conclusions, but I can understand the frustration from owners. I'm sure there will be weeks Kirk is over 60% snap share, but at the same time, through the entire preseason and now week 1, he's the odd man out behind Ridley and Zay Jones. When fantasy seasons are only 13 weeks long for the most part, waiting 4-5 weeks to draw some conclusions seems like a poor process IMO. Especially if deciding to get out from under a player and trying to get back as much value as possible. If you need two more weeks to decide if you want him or not, and he puts up two more weeks like this.... well, you likely won't have much of a choice at that point outside of just cutting him.
cut ties and move on then lol, I still think he has good games this season :)

Thx

cut ties and move on then lol, I still think he has good games this season :)

Thx
I don't own him anywhere anymore. Traded a few shares two seasons ago when he left Arizona, and the rest when Jags got Ridley. Just responding to a post on a message board. Sincerely sorry if you're taking it personally. I'm sure he will have some good games this season. And if Zay or Ridley get injured, he could still exceed his draft cost with how good TLaw is looking already.

In my experience, cutting a guy after one week is not advisable.

If it were 6-7 targets then it wouldn't be as disturbing but he only had 3 targets
What happens if managers insert him next week and it's somewhere in the 2-4 range again, total hole in the roster right now.

I do recall Kirk playing with other WRs in Arizona and still found his spots which is why Jacksonville singed him to begin with.
Fingers crossed this is the low water mark of the season but the snap counts and watching the football game, Jacksonville was not looking to make him part of the game plan.

In my experience, cutting a guy after one week is not advisable.
Please highlight where I said to cut Kirk right now after his week 1 performance, I can't seem to find it.

If it were 6-7 targets then it wouldn't be as disturbing but he only had 3 targets
What happens if managers insert him next week and it's somewhere in the 2-4 range again, total hole in the roster right now.

I do recall Kirk playing with other WRs in Arizona and still found his spots which is why Jacksonville singed him to begin with.
Fingers crossed this is the low water mark of the season but the snap counts and watching the football game, Jacksonville was not looking to make him part of the game plan.
Completely agree. It's not like he got bad at football all of a sudden. He's just not a focal point and so far not seeing nearly as much time on the field as one would hope for someone drafted as a WR3/Flex1. One injury could turn that completely around. Or they shift to running many more 3WR sets and defenses start to key on/double/bracket Ridley. Plenty of ways for it to still turn out ok and perfectly fine for his ceiling to be capped but still be a solid flex play week to week.

Well that game had to make owners happy. Not sure what the exact snap share was yet, but it certainly seemed like he was on the field much more than week 1, granted Zay got knocked out of the game for a while. He was certainly the only WR who showed up to play for the Jags this week, and TLaw fed him accordingly.

Feels a little fool's goldy to me, not saying he's a bad player, but something was up with Ridley this game. Would love to see how much attention KC paid him after his week 1 eruption. Kirk did play well though. Not sure if this is a 1A/1B situation but Kirk clearly does thrive as a #2 when a #1 is taking a ton of attention.

According to posts in the injury thread Ridley banged into the goal post and then later in the game was hit hard and had to leave the field for a bit.

So that and Zay Jones having a knee injury some reasons why targets shifted back to Kirk more in this game.

I was expecting him to be more involved than week one regardless, but with dings to these 2 other players that led to Kirk being the main target again.

Kirk is a proven player Lawrence can rely on. He should always be part of their offense. How big of a part with Ridley healthy remains to be seen. Likely not this much but also not a ghost like week 1.

love that I benched kirk for zay yesterday. that fat 0 luckily didn't cost me the win..... i got spanked regardless :lol:

Any word on Zay injury? Would love a homer breakdown of Kirk and his week 2 performance? KC was all over Ridley it looked like

Kirk owner in my league is deep deep at RB and light at RB-- just offered me his Kirk for my Herbert

Any word on Zay injury? Would love a homer breakdown of Kirk and his week 2 performance? KC was all over Ridley it looked like

Kirk owner in my league is deep deep at RB and light at RB-- just offered me his Kirk for my Herbert
I assume you mean he is deep at WR. What other WR does he have? He has expressed interest in Herbert so tells me he is willing to move a WR for him and you have some options to choose one of them.

I dont think the offer he proposed is bad. Depends on a lot of different factors. I just sense you have the opportunity to explore more options as well.

Expect a lot of variability in Jag skill player fantasy scoring all season. Kirk's week to week inconsistency won't be a good return for Herbert

Will report on Zay Jones injury as soon as anything is reported today

Kirk does not play Zay's position lined up wide
Kirk is a Slot-WR, a good slot-WR
He needs to be in 3-WR sets

I was shocked he had 11/140 or whatever the number after Week 1
Kirk also had a slow 1stQ/1st Half, think much of his production was in the 2nd Half

Kirks snap counts went from 60% game one to 80% game two.

Zay Jones snap went from 89% to 65% as he was injured.

Calvin Ridleys snap counts pretty much the same at 80% although he was hurt and likely stepped out for a few plays because of that.

Jamal Agnews snaps went from 4% to 37% as he played more after Jones was injured.

Its looking like Jones wont play this week.

What do we think for him, ROS? Assuming Zay is back soon, does that make Kirk a high end WR3, low end WR2? I love his floor.

The minute FBG moves him up from WR30-36 ROS where he has been all year is the moment he and Ridley switch recent statistics.

Probably need to drop to cover McBride bye week and have options with other injuries and bye weeks (Puka, Henry, BRobjr in bye )

Mia O'Brien
@MiaOBrienTV

Doug Pederson said he believes Christian Kirk will need surgery, second opinion pending
Yikes, droppable at this point with the Lawrence injury as well? What are you all doing?

I’m waiting for more info but probably a drop for me.
Dropped for Zay in a league where I’m getting killed at WR and must win to get in

think he's a worthwhile keeper for next season? he does look good and id consider this season a "down" season for his QB....

Users who are viewing this thread