What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kadarius Toney, KC (1 Viewer)

Too bad. He looked better than Rice last week.
He did?

He had 2 carries for 14 & 2 receptions for 12.

Rice was 4/42 on 5 targets. I watched that game and didn’t think either of them had a standout performance.
🤔
I guess I'm including those punt returns where Toney moved very well in tight coverage. Meanwhile Rice was drifting all over the field and struggled to get open

Likely cost me my season. Oh well. Man is he dumber than a bag of hammers.
Just curious: How specifically?
Would have gotten two yardage bonuses from both Kelce and Mahomes plus a TD and the yards themselves. About 30 points in our scoring system. Devastating.
Would it have counted as a passing TD? Not totally sure about this, but I think you would have only gotten the passing yardage to Kelce, and the rest of it would have been Toney’s.

ETA: Yes, I know none of this matters. I was just wondering how those plays are scored

Would have gotten two yardage bonuses from both Kelce and Mahomes plus a TD and the yards themselves. About 30 points in our scoring system. Devastating.
Would it have counted as a passing TD? Not totally sure about this, but I think you would have only gotten the passing yardage to Kelce, and the rest of it would have been Toney’s.

ETA: Yes, I know none of this matters. I was just wondering how those plays are scored
yards and either Kelce or Mahomes would get a TD pass credit. It’s the yardage bonuses I don’t get that hurt the most.

yards and either Kelce or Mahomes would get a TD pass credit. It’s the yardage bonuses I don’t get that hurt the most.
Kelce absolutely doesn’t get a passing TD for a lateral. Pretty sure Mahomes doesn’t either. IIRC when teams run the Stanford Band plays at the end of the game, only the initial pass counts as yardage for the QB

Kelce absolutely doesn’t get a passing TD for a lateral. Pretty sure Mahomes doesn’t either. IIRC when teams run the Stanford Band plays at the end of the game, only the initial pass counts as yardage for the QB
i am pretty sure that on that play, mahomes is credited for all yards and a passing TD. kelce gets the catch and yards till when he backwards passes. toney gets the remaining yards and score, but no catch.

Correct, only forward passes count for passing yards.

i am pretty sure that on that play, mahomes is credited for all yards and a passing TD. kelce gets the catch and yards till when he backwards passes. toney gets the remaining yards and score, but no catch.
Looked it up and both you and KCC are right. So without the penalty, Kelce gets a reception and 25 yards, Toney gets 24 yards and a TD (but no reception), and Mahomes gets a completion, 49 passing yards and a passing TD.

What I misremembered was that, on Stanford Band plays, everything counts as receiving yards until the ball hits the ground. After that, any yardage is fumble-recovery yardage, which typically doesn’t count for fantasy.

Also, I believe that if a receiver recovers his own fumble and scores, it’s treated as if he never fumbled and the QB gets a passing TD. But if another player recovers the fumble and scores, it’s a fumble-recovery TD.

Sorry for the digression. I find this stuff fascinating, but I recognize not everyone does

Looked it up and both you and KCC are right. So without the penalty, Kelce gets a reception and 25 yards, Toney gets 24 yards and a TD (but no reception), and Mahomes gets a completion, 49 passing yards and a passing TD.

What I misremembered was that, on Stanford Band plays, everything counts as receiving yards until the ball hits the ground. After that, any yardage is fumble-recovery yardage, which typically doesn’t count for fantasy.

Also, I believe that if a receiver recovers his own fumble and scores, it’s treated as if he never fumbled and the QB gets a passing TD. But if another player recovers the fumble and scores, it’s a fumble-recovery TD.

Sorry for the digression. I find this stuff fascinating, but I recognize not everyone does
The CAL play was on a kickoff so there was no receiving yards ..... :hophead:

But yes the rest of what you said counts ..... The Vikings had a lateral at the 10 yard line. The infamous Culpepper to Moss lateral to Moe Williams that screwed up fantasy scoring until it got fixed

He did play a major role in their Super Bowl win, right?

Still though, you can only buy so much good will on one performance and the fans/media have all turned on him. Not without cause, he’s playing like one of the worst WRs in the league. At sone point you just have to cut bait.

The CAL play was on a kickoff so there was no receiving yards ..... :hophead:
Yes, you're right. I should have used the Miami Miracle as my shorthand reference.

Speaking of which, I just looked up the ESPN box score from that game, and the play is listed as a 69-yard pass from Tannehill to Drake, which doesn't make any sense. The Pro Football Reference page, meanwhile, does list all the laterals (Stills for 14, Parker for 3, Drake for 52; ball never hit the ground)

So what I see from all those replays is that the refs never threw any flags until the crucial play of the game.

Kind of screams inconsistency or being selective when they decide to call it knowing it's been happening.
Agreed. Did they at least warn him earlier in the game? Can't really blame Toney when he pretty much lined up that way throughout the whole game and nothing was called.

Great work by Dan Orlovsky by the way

So what I see from all those replays is that the refs never threw any flags until the crucial play of the game.

Kind of screams inconsistency or being selective when they decide to call it knowing it's been happening.
Agreed. Did they at least warn him earlier in the game? Can't really blame Toney when he pretty much lined up that way throughout the whole game and nothing was called.

I feel ya there, but still ... "The officer watched me shoplift like 7 times before!!! This time he arrested me for it, and I missed an important meeting because of it! How was I supposed to know?"

ETA: Okay far more relatable example would be going 18 mph over every day, and getting a ticket holding you up 20 minutes only on the important meeting day.

The angle on all of Dan’s examples is not the same clear level view that shows Toney clearly blocking the ref‘s ability to see the football. There is no way to tell if Toney was blocking ref’s field of vision on his examples. There’s gotta video available of those plays at the same even level view we get on the penalty call.

I feel ya there, but still ... "The officer watched me shoplift like 7 times before!!! This time he arrested me for it, and I missed an important meeting because of it! How was I supposed to know?"

ETA: Okay far more relatable example would be going 18 mph over every day, and getting a ticket only on the important meeting day.
Not quite the same. Shoplifting there is no gray area. How close to or on the line of scrimmage is open to interpretation by each officiating crew. Kind of like holding. One crew might call it tighter than others.

ETA: Okay far more relatable example would be going 18 mph over every day, and getting a ticket only on the important meeting day.
Not quite the same. Shoplifting there is no gray area. How close to or on the line of scrimmage is open to interpretation by each officiating crew. Kind of like holding. One crew might call it tighter than others.
My ETA applies better then. Don't speed. You won't get pulled over for speeding. Not saying the Chiefs don't have reason to be salty, but it's such an easy fix.

How many times have we seen games where a certain action goes uncalled for the entire game and then gets called that one time at the end of the game? How about defensive holding or DPI at the end of the last Super Bowl as an example?

There’s holding and hands to the face on practically every play. Illegal contact goes on pretty consistently. It doesn’t change that Toney was offsides on that play. They should be grateful they weren’t penalized 5 other times.

IMO, there are too many penalties as it is, and they could call even more stuff if they wanted. Roughing the passer, helmet to helmet contact, etc. Unfortunately for the Chiefs, offsides was called on what turned into a TD. But they threw the flag as soon as the ball was snapped. Whatever happened beyond that was out of the ref’s control.

I have to question the sense of Reid to be honest if he continues to put Toney out there. He is hurting the offense more than he helps. He is atrocious.
He has tremendous agility and speed but he’s a lost cause at this point. I’ve drafted him and suffered multiple times…I see what Reid saw but at this point, he is who is. Previously, it was sitting out weeks at a time with a variety of ailments… ow he’s healthy and he’s sabotaging his team with mental mistakes.

How can you trust him on any play at this point ?

Users who are viewing this thread