What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rashee Rice, KC (7 Viewers)

Would a Rice suspension boost Worthy's value even higher than it already is just being paired with Mahomes? Or is there some worry the increase it touches won't balance out the increased attention from the defenses they face? He'd likely be facing more difficult matchups without Rice there. And even though it's hard, if not impossible, to quantify or know which category Worthy will fall into; but some rookies can't handle a ton of work too quickly, especially if they start hitting speed bumps. Can work negatively on the confidence and morale.

I wasn't a huge Worthy fan pre-draft so maybe that colors my view, but I'm in the boat where I don't know if Rice missing the season will help him all that much.
I think it does. Less competition for targets seems like a good thing.
He’ll still be behind Kelce for targets though. Just sayin, perspective is important.

Chiefs also spread the ball around.

And whatever happens to Rice, I don’t expect it to be career-ending, so at some point even more competition for touches.

I don’t mind paying a little more for rice in redraft, but dynasty I’m avoiding the situation.
I would take Kadarius Toney and Skyy Moore over Rice in redraft. Rice ain't playing at all in 2024.

I would avoid him in dynasty too. He's too stupid to stay out of trouble, and will never play another snap in the NFL. He will make headlines again for something new before he ever gets a chance to step back on the field.
I wouldn’t touch any of those guys

Would a Rice suspension boost Worthy's value even higher than it already is just being paired with Mahomes? Or is there some worry the increase it touches won't balance out the increased attention from the defenses they face? He'd likely be facing more difficult matchups without Rice there. And even though it's hard, if not impossible, to quantify or know which category Worthy will fall into; but some rookies can't handle a ton of work too quickly, especially if they start hitting speed bumps. Can work negatively on the confidence and morale.

I wasn't a huge Worthy fan pre-draft so maybe that colors my view, but I'm in the boat where I don't know if Rice missing the season will help him all that much.
He’ll still be behind Kelce for targets though. Just sayin, perspective is important.

And whatever happens to Rice, I don’t expect it to be career-ending, so at some point even more competition for touches.

I don’t mind paying a little more for rice in redraft, but dynasty I’m avoiding the situation.
I would take Kadarius Toney and Skyy Moore over Rice in redraft. Rice ain't playing at all in 2024.

I would avoid him in dynasty too. He's too stupid to stay out of trouble, and will never play another snap in the NFL. He will make headlines again for something new before he ever gets a chance to step back on the field.
Seems a bit extreme. I’m not nearly as confident. He could still get eight games and have it reduced to five. Every time something like this happens, it’s never as bad as we think it’s going to be.. the exception was Ruggs

Seems a bit extreme. I’m not nearly as confident. He could still get eight games and have it reduced to five. Every time something like this happens, it’s never as bad as we think it’s going to be.. the exception was Ruggs
What's extreme? I only said he will never play again. :shrug:

Depends on the outcome of the current assault charges on the photographer. If that actually happened like the photographer said, a season long suspension is easily in play as well as the Chiefs cutting him outright.

Depends on the outcome of the current assault charges on the photographer. If that actually happened like the photographer said, a season long suspension is easily in play as well as the Chiefs cutting him outright.
Sure, but it hasn’t happened yet is my point. So making definitive statements about whether or not he’s going to play in 2024 is way premature.

As someone that traded for him off the back of the initial news, I took a calculated risk and it has most likely gone the wrong way. I’ve lowered expectation now to unavailable in the short to mid term, with a relatively good chance he never plays another snap again.

I'm usually someone who says wait until we have all the facts and everything is confirmed. But each time something comes out it proves to be as bad as initially thought with this guy.

Now there was a report (mentioned earlier in the thread) about him going and shooting up someones car in college which is why some teams were out on him. More and more keeps coming out and its all bad. Guess we see if the NFL sweeps it under the rug as no big deal and the Chiefs are fine with it or if either one actually take some significant action.

Overall my take - this guy should get some help before he totally ruins his career.... and hope he hasn't already. Feel for this guy as he could have had a long career in KC but he's getting close to being in jail....

I was a buyer in one league and thought he’d get out of the accident with a 2-4 games suspension and value mostly intact.

Now it feels to me like he’s one bad headline away from getting cut.

I'm usually someone who says wait until we have all the facts and everything is confirmed. But each time something comes out it proves to be as bad as initially thought with this guy.

Now there was a report (mentioned earlier in the thread) about him going and shooting up someones car in college which is why some teams were out on him. More and more keeps coming out and its all bad. Guess we see if the NFL sweeps it under the rug as no big deal and the Chiefs are fine with it or if either one actually take some significant action.

Overall my take - this guy should get some help before he totally ruins his career.... and hope he hasn't already. Feel for this guy as he could have had a long career in KC but he's getting close to being in jail....
I think some of this is what should happen, or what people want to happen but those things are never closely aligned with what will happen.

I doubt he'll see the inside of a jail cell.
I doubt he'll get cut.
He can pay the dude he sucker punched to not press charges. Happens all the time. Almost certainly will happen this time.

He can and will see some sort of punishment for the hit & run, but with a ton of smoke and no actual fire, all they can really get him on is fleeing the scene after causing injury accident. And if he has no criminal history, as a 1st time offender, and a high profile celebrity one at that, IMO he'll pay fines, lose his license, do community service, and have to pay out the wazoo in private settlements when the rental car place and his victims sue him. But those are civil matters, not criminal.

So IMO the only time he'll miss is whatever the NFL deems appropriate. Which I still see as 8 games. But it could be a year. Which he'll appeal, and likely get reduced on appeal.

Because at the end of the day, the NFL is running a business. And they're going to make whatever decisions is in the NFL's best interest. Which is probably making a move to look tough on knuckleheads, without the extremism folks are looking for here. It's somewhat predictable.

I think some of this is what should happen, or what people want to happen but those things are never closely aligned with what will happen.

I doubt he'll see the inside of a jail cell.
I doubt he'll get cut.
He can pay the dude he sucker punched to not press charges. Happens all the time. Almost certainly will happen this time.

He can and will see some sort of punishment for the hit & run, but with a ton of smoke and no actual fire, all they can really get him on is fleeing the scene after causing injury accident. And if he has no criminal history, as a 1st time offender, and a high profile celebrity one at that, IMO he'll pay fines, lose his license, do community service, and have to pay out the wazoo in private settlements when the rental car place and his victims sue him. But those are civil matters, not criminal.

So IMO the only time he'll miss is whatever the NFL deems appropriate. Which I still see as 8 games. But it could be a year. Which he'll appeal, and likely get reduced on appeal.

Because at the end of the day, the NFL is running a business. And they're going to make whatever decisions is in the NFL's best interest. Which is probably making a move to look tough on knuckleheads, without the extremism folks are looking for here. It's somewhat predictable.
As you said, you think Rice will get 8 games. If true, he would play his first game around the beginning of November. The odds of Rice keeping his nose clean for the next 6 months is zilch, zip, nada. He is a narcissistic diva whose role model is Antonio Brown.

As you said, you think Rice will get 8 games. If true, he would play his first game around the beginning of November. The odds of Rice keeping his nose clean for the next 6 months is zilch, zip, nada. He is a narcissistic diva whose role model is Antonio Brown.
Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe the team hires a caretaker to keep him away from his worst impulses.

I’m just saying, it’s totally possible this all blows over.

This belongs in the worst dynasty trade offer thread, even if the best case happens with Rice.

I literally was just offered this in FFPC TE premium

His: R.Rice
for
My: D.Wicks, K.Vidal, C.Sover, 2025 1st, 2025 2nd

Can't make this stuff up

You have been offered the following trade in the $77 'Buzzards and Minions' Standard Dynasty #46 fantasy football league on myffpc.com:

Team​
Offering​
Team​
Offering​
Juggernuts Players
Rice, Rashee (WR), KC
Andre's Johnson
Players
Wicks, Dontayvion (WR), GB
Vidal, Kimani (RB), LAC
Stover, Cade (TE), HOU
Draft Picks
2025 R1 (Andre's Johnson)
2025 R2 (Andre's Johnson)

This belongs in the worst dynasty trade offer thread, even if the best case happens with Rice.

for

Can't make this stuff up

You have been offered the following trade in the $77 'Buzzards and Minions' Standard Dynasty #46 fantasy football league on myffpc.com:

Team​
Offering​
Team​
Offering​
Juggernuts Players
Rice, Rashee (WR), KC
Andre's Johnson
Players
Vidal, Kimani (RB), LAC
Stover, Cade (TE), HOU
Draft Picks
Yikes

for

Can't make this stuff up

Team​
Offering​
Team​
Offering​
Juggernuts Players
Rice, Rashee (WR), KC
Andre's Johnson
Players
Vidal, Kimani (RB), LAC
Stover, Cade (TE), HOU
Draft Picks
At least he didn’t ask for your 2026 1st as well. Now that would’ve been over the top.

for

Can't make this stuff up

Team​
Offering​
Team​
Offering​
Juggernuts Players
Rice, Rashee (WR), KC
Andre's Johnson
Players
Vidal, Kimani (RB), LAC
Stover, Cade (TE), HOU
Draft Picks
Wrong topic. lol

for

Can't make this stuff up

Team​
Offering​
Team​
Offering​
Juggernuts Players
Rice, Rashee (WR), KC
Andre's Johnson
Players
Vidal, Kimani (RB), LAC
Stover, Cade (TE), HOU
Draft Picks
Is the guy who offered that actually Rashee Rice himself?

bolded above....here is where we have to take a step back and pump the brakes

1. the "previous incident": we have no idea what happened here and if Rice fired any shots.....this incident was not even reported to the authorities, so at this point IMO it is a nothing burger....Rog may feel differently I guess....but I don't think this factors in at all.....if it was that big of a deal why didn't Rog do something about it already....why does something else happening have to "trigger" that being taken into account....there is zero information that will tie Rice to pulling the trigger here....so let's please stop with the "he went and shot up somebody's car" thing...(even if he did)....

2. IMO not much will come out of the photographer thing....already conflicting eye witness reports....let's say he did punch him....fine...people punch people all the time....is it a good look after his driving incident....no....but in the grand scheme of things really a nothing burger...

3. I can't really really get on board with "never playing another snap in the NFL"....compared to the things we have seen in the past....I'm not even gonna name them all here (but Little was impaired and actually killed someone, etc.)....Ruggs is currently "suspended indefinitely".....but could that change....yeah it could...D. Watson was freaking able to play another snap and sign the first fully guaranteed contract in NFL history

At this point Rice was racing (with another driver) and caused an accident with injuries and left the scene.....that is what he will be suspended for.....as he should....but those saying he won't play another snap are taking it a little too far....even if he does something else stupid......he probably isn't looking at a lifetime suspension...

Last edited:

1. the "previous incident": we have no idea what happened here and if Rice fired any shots.....this incident was not even reported to the authorities, so at this point IMO it is a nothing burger....Rog may feel differently I guess....but I don't think this factors in at all.....if it was that big of a deal why didn't Rog do something about it....why does something else happening have to "trigger" that being taken into account....there is zero information that will tie Rice to pulling the trigger here....so let's please stop with the "he went and shot up somebody's car" thing...(even if he did)....

2. IMO not much will come out of the photographer thing....already conflicting eye witness reports....let's say he did punch him....fine...people punch people all the time....is it a good look after his driving incident....no....but in the grand scheme of things really a nothing burger...

3. I can't really really get on board with "never playing another snap in the NFL"....compared to the things we have seen in the past....I'm not even gonna name them all here (but Little was impaired and actually killed someone, etc.)....Ruggs is currently "suspended indefinitely".....but could that change....yeah it could...D. Watson was freaking able to play another snap and sign the first fully guaranteed contract in NFL history

At this point Rice was racing and caused an accident and left the scene.....that is what he will be suspended for.....as he should....but those saying he won't play another snap are taking it a little too far....even if he does something else stupid......he probably isn't looking at a lifetime suspension...
Exactly. All of this.

An alleged college incident, an alleged interaction with a photog, and an actual hit & run.

None of those are career ending because the 1st two aren’t concrete. The 1st one might be a complete fiction.

We’re still looking at hit & run causing injury - much of which will be handled civilly.

If he gets jail time for any of it (doubtful, but possible) he may see a longer suspension.

Chances are good, based on other knuckleheads that didn’t kill anyone, we’re looking at 8 games reduced to 6, or 10 reduced to 8 on appeal.

But with all this smoke, the “buy on the dip” window is definitely creaking open a little wider, if you can stomach having a complete knucklehead on your team.

Bottom line:
What people want to happen to Rice >>> what’s likely to happen to Rice
:shrug:

1. the "previous incident": we have no idea what happened here and if Rice fired any shots.....this incident was not even reported to the authorities, so at this point IMO it is a nothing burger....Rog may feel differently I guess....but I don't think this factors in at all.....if it was that big of a deal why didn't Rog do something about it....why does something else happening have to "trigger" that being taken into account....there is zero information that will tie Rice to pulling the trigger here....so let's please stop with the "he went and shot up somebody's car" thing...(even if he did)....

At this point Rice was racing and caused an accident and left the scene.....that is what he will be suspended for.....as he should....but those saying he won't play another snap are taking it a little too far....even if he does something else stupid......he probably isn't looking at a lifetime suspension...
Exactly. All of this.

An alleged college incident, an alleged interaction with a photog, and an actual hit & run
The actual hit and run was "alleged" when it first happened. There were hilarious takes on different blogs ranging from "his car was stolen" to "that doesn't look like Rice walking away from the accident". Totally delusional takes all over the place.

The shooting up the car incident doesn't seem "alleged". Sounds like it actually happened but was swept under the rug in football fanatical Texas.

We should get clarity on the photographer incident soon. Seems logical that there were camera's around that show it.

Like the one scouting report says, "Rice just isn't a good dude".

The shooting up the car incident doesn't seem "alleged". Sounds like it actually happened but was swept under the rug in football fanatical Texas.
It’s about what you can prove. For the purposes of this discussion (and how the legal system & NFL view it) if there’s no criminal record of it, it never happened. It’s a total nothingburger.

Unfortunately “not being a good dude” isn’t cause for any greater suspension than if he did a hit & run and was a good dude.

The issue is the hit & run, not whether Rice helps little old ladies cross the street.

Again - it’s all a bad look, but none of it will bear any relevance on how he’s punished for this unless something concrete emerges.

Let’s say the photog thing is legit. Rice pays them to make them go away (99.99999% likely looking at past issues with altercations with pro athletes) - that will again be a nothing burger.

So we’re still left with felony hit & run, with no actual past criminal record. 1st offense is usually handled with kid gloves.

It is what it is.

You know, I was watching NFL network last week, and they were doing a show about the Chiefs, and they played a press conference of Andy Reid comparing his players to his children, and I couldn't help but think that's why KC has so many character issue guys. If Britt Reid is the bar, almost any player is gonna seem fine.

I remember when the general public completely turned on the Patriots and they became the most hated team in the NFL, I'm wondering if that's gonna happen to KC soon.

It’s about what you can prove. For the purposes of this discussion (and how the legal system & NFL view it) if there’s no criminal record of it, it never happened. It’s a total nothingburger.

Unfortunately “not being a good dude” isn’t cause for any greater suspension than if he did a hit & run and was a good dude.

The issue is the hit & run, not whether Rice helps little old ladies cross the street.

Again - it’s all a bad look, but none of it will bear any relevance on how he’s punished for this unless something concrete emerges.

Let’s say the photog thing is legit. Rice pays them to make them go away (99.99999% likely looking at past issues with altercations with pro athletes) - that will again be a nothing burger.

So we’re still left with felony hit & run, with no actual past criminal record. 1st offense is usually handled with kid gloves.

It is what it is.
Won't be a nothing burger to Mr. Goodell on top of the felonies he committed when he ran away after causing a major accident while driving 113 MPH.

Not sure Rice has any money left to make things go away anymore. Doubt KC will be willing to front him any money at this point. Maybe he can get a loan from Patrick lol

It is what it is.
Won't be a nothing burger to Mr. Goodell on top of the felonies he committed when he ran away after causing a major accident while driving 113 MPH.

Not sure Rice has any money left to make things go away anymore. Doubt KC will be willing to front him any money at this point. Maybe he can get a loan from Patrick lol
Even if it is, which it probably isn’t, it still won’t amount to a lifetime suspension. That’s wishful thinking.

You know, I was watching NFL network last week, and they were doing a show about the Chiefs, and they played a press conference of Andy Reid comparing his players to his children, and I couldn't help but think that's why KC has so many character issue guys. If Britt Reid is the bar, almost any player is gonna seem fine.

I remember when the general public completely turned on the Patriots and they became the most hated team in the NFL, I'm wondering if that's gonna happen to KC soon.
soon....?....where have you been....for the most part it is already a "anybody but the Chiefs please" mentality across the fanbases of the league....

It is what it is.

Even if it is, which it probably isn’t, it still won’t amount to a lifetime suspension. That’s wishful thinking.
Who said anything about a "lifetime" suspension? lol

I was starting to cut him a little slack before the story about the photographer came out. Just the fact that he got him to come back to the club so he could confront him is disgusting. Only an out of control lunatic does something like that.

Exactly. All of this.

An alleged college incident, an alleged interaction with a photog, and an actual hit & run
The actual hit and run was "alleged" when it first happened. There were hilarious takes on different blogs ranging from "his car was stolen" to "that doesn't look like Rice walking away from the accident". Totally delusional takes all over the place.

The shooting up the car incident doesn't seem "alleged". Sounds like it actually happened but was swept under the rug in football fanatical Texas. not even reported to authorities and they are not even sure if it was Rice and his friends ....or another group of people as it was not reported or investigated and charges were never filed...for all anybody knows it could have been somebody else

We should get clarity on the photographer incident soon. Seems logical that there were camera's around that show it.

fixed

soon....?....where have you been....for the most part it is already a "anybody but the Chiefs please" mentality across the fanbases of the league....
I don't think its been anywhere near what the Patriots were...yet.

Exactly. All of this.

The shooting up the car incident doesn't seem "alleged". Sounds like it actually happened but was swept under the rug in football fanatical Texas. not even reported to authorities and they are not even sure if it was Rice and his friends ....or another group of people as it was not reported or investigated and charges were never filed...for all anybody knows it could have been somebody else

fixed
Or it was reported to police and swept under the rug because he was a football player in Texas.

I don't think its been anywhere near what the Patriots were...yet.
Yeah, not even close

Even as a 49er fan, I kind of like the Chiefs. Fun team to watch overall. Mahomes has replaced Brady as the face of the league and the constant whining every time he is hit is kind of annoying, but it works, so he might as well keep it up. But not even close to the levels of Patriot hating when they were the dynasty.

I've moved him into the AVOID box for the 2024 season/Redraft
How can you invite this kind of headache on to your roster?
79/938/7TD have to go somewhere

Exactly. All of this.

fixed
Or it was reported to police and swept under the rug because he was a football player in Texas.
Same effect: officially nothing happened.

Exactly. All of this.

fixed
report I saw on NBC specifically says it was never reported to authorities.....so police didn't have anything to sweep under the rug....but maybe whoever could have/should have reported it to police did.... :shrug:

Exactly. All of this.

fixed
report I saw on NBC specifically says it was never reported to authorities.....so police didn't have anything to sweep under the rug....but maybe whoever could have/should have reported it to police did.... :shrug:
I want to know who the janitor was on this because there was some sweeping done :popcorn:

I see a lot of mods often "Keep it to football" yet 80% of this thread has nothing to do with football, just court speculation and personal opinion about the player.

Just my $.02
I think the "Keep it to football" comment by the mod in here was because a few people started calling each other bad parents when they suggested Rice leaving the scene was in his best interests. I think this thread has been given alot of latitude, given the fact that Rice is a bum, hehe.

A bunch of folks in here talking about him never playing again or getting cut.

I assume they are basing that on future unnamed incidents that are either undiscovered or are yet to occur.

It is a non 0 chance that if he is suspended only for this season that he will also do something else dumb in the next 12 months to jeopardize next season.

It is a non 0 chance that if he is suspended only for this season that he will also do something else dumb in the next 12 months to jeopardize next season.
For sure, but we can’t project value based on “he might do something stupid in the future”

I’m guaranteed to do something stupid in the future and most folks don’t hold that against me.

For sure, but we can’t project value based on “he might do something stupid in the future”

I’m guaranteed to do something stupid in the future and most folks don’t hold that against me.

If i was a vegas odds maker.

Odds that someone makes the national news for a future dumb event:
Rashee Rice -800
Hot sauce guy +10000

Don't make me look like a fool out of spite either.

A bunch of folks in here talking about him never playing again or getting cut.
Yes, I was the first, I think. But I wasn't talking about a lifetime ban because of what he has already done. I said he will continue to make headlines because is too stupid to get out of his own way. And I still stand behind that. Rice will be in the news again for doing something dumb... before he finishes serving whatever suspension he gets.

Well, there's different kind of stupid in peoples future. Rasheed's seem to likely be more violent and harmful based on his recent history than what you will probably be involved in :wink:

Last edited:

Sure we can. We do it all the time. They're called Task Forces

Well, there's difference kind of stupid in peoples future. Rasheed's seem to likely be more violent and harmful based on his recent history than what you will probably be involved in :wink:
The day is young

I guess Harrison Butker wanted to take pressure off Rice as being the most hated player this off season...

What a teammate.

remind me what Mike Vanderjagt did that made Peyton Manning to call him "some idiot kicker" at the Pro Bowl?

BTW, last I heard anything about that idiot kicker, he was accused of choking a middle schooler - believe the kid taunted him with a "wide left, wide left" chant

things could be worse for the Chiefs

I guess Harrison Butker wanted to take pressure off Rice as being the most hated player this off season...

What a teammate.

remind me what Mike Vanderjagt did that made Peyton Manning to call him "some idiot kicker" at the Pro Bowl?

BTW, last I heard anything about that idiot kicker, he was accused of choking a middle schooler - believe the kid taunted him with a "wide left, wide left" chant

It was liquored up idiot kicker I believe. He was saying negative comments about Manning’s play during an interview.

What a teammate.

Wonder if Butker will let Travis Kelce know his billionaire girlfriend has no meaning, and should be home cooking and making babies?

Users who are viewing this thread