What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Georgia setting early voting record. (1 Viewer)

Just to make sure this is a good thing right?
Apparently they STILL have to rag the "leftys" when we all should be pleased with this outcome.
Why do you care so much?
I got one of those from him also for caring about how unsafe cities are.
As rock stated, it's an absurd question with bad faith intents behind it. There is literally no reason to ask that question unless you're trying to shut down conversation.

Not if you're invested in the fake OMG!! VOTER SUPPRESSION!!!™ narrative. :shrug:
There‘s an issue, people talk, complain about the issue, the problem is acknowledged and it if it is wrong it gets addressed.

In this voting issue it should be easy to vote, everyone should have easy access to vote, everyone should have mail-in option.
Then the left should create NATIONAL voting laws that offer it.

You have no problem voting for the worst candidates.
So this begs a question BR. I know you don’t think it will happen but just play along with me for a second here. If Trump gets the nod and picks MTG (as the current rumor mill says he’s considering) would they get your vote in ‘24. If not what would you vote?

So this begs a question BR. I know you don’t think it will happen but just play along with me for a second here. If Trump gets the nod and picks MTG (as the current rumor mill says he’s considering) would they get your vote in ‘24. If not what would you vote?
Absolutely not. I don't know who I would vote for at that point. 3rd party candidate for sure. Certainly not for Biden or Harris or anyone that I can see on the Democrat side.

I might even write your name in! :)

Apparently they STILL have to rag the "leftys" when we all should be pleased with this outcome.
Why do you care so much?
Because i want it to be as easy possible for people to vote.

VS caring specifically about someone I don't even know and won't even vote for's health condition.
But why do you care? It doesn't affect you. You have no problem voting for the worst candidates.

You are not personally affected by this at all.
Within the first month of Trumps presidency he nixed a grant that would have led directly to work for me, so since the Rs platform is Trump, it does affect me directly.

I’ll say it’s good to know the Rs are so invested in caring about Fettermans health. I’m sure its all in empathetic nature.

Last edited:
Not if you're invested in the fake OMG!! VOTER SUPPRESSION!!!™ narrative. :shrug:
There‘s an issue, people talk, complain about the issue, the problem is acknowledged and it if it is wrong it gets addressed.

In this voting issue it should be easy to vote, everyone should have easy access to vote, everyone should have mail-in option.
Works for me. Washington State has a good blueprint we could offer up.

Why do you care so much?
I got one of those from him also for caring about how unsafe cities are.
Ok GB, Similarly, I know it comes from a good place; your unprecedented love for NYC. 😏
You got me.

Not sure why there isn’t.

Not sure why there isn’t.
I would guess both sides have issues with what the other wanted to add.

Absolutely not. I don't know who I would vote for at that point. 3rd party candidate for sure. Certainly not for Biden or Harris or anyone that I can see on the Democrat side.

Welcome to 3rd party. It’s where all the cool kids are!

And please don’t. While I’d most certainly get elected I don’t want to have to move to DC. Too cold.

Yes, that disproves there is or was voter suppression. That's how these things work.
That's great to hear. So the Dem message of voter suppression in Georgia was a lie. Glad you agree. 👍
So if having fewer drop boxes doesn't suppress the vote somewhat perhaps we should just 1 drop box per state or just 1 in the whole country which with the rationale some are using here would make it even easier to vote.

Voter Suppression!!!!

Voter turnout in Georgia reached historic highs on the first day of early voting in this midterm election, and Black Voters comprised 35% of all those who turned out to vote. Compared to the last midterm election in 2018, Georgians far exceeded the early voting numbers for the first two days and came very close to the 2020 results, according to data from the Secretary of State. In doing so, the Black male vote total was 46,016, in comparison to 38,792 in 2018. We at Black Voters Matter never doubted the commitment of Black voters to use the ballot box to bring about change.”
Yes, that disproves there is or was voter suppression. That's how these things work.
That's great to hear. So the Dem message of voter suppression in Georgia was a lie. Glad you agree. 👍
So if having fewer drop boxes doesn't suppress the vote somewhat perhaps we should just 1 drop box per state or just 1 in the whole country which with the rationale some are using here would make it even easier to vote.
Maybe we should put one on every block in the country…with how hard some people here are making it sound to vote.

And, evidently if it gets addressed and maybe corrected it's proof it wasn't an issue to begin with. ;)

Voter Suppression!!!!

Voter turnout in Georgia reached historic highs on the first day of early voting in this midterm election, and Black Voters comprised 35% of all those who turned out to vote. Compared to the last midterm election in 2018, Georgians far exceeded the early voting numbers for the first two days and came very close to the 2020 results, according to data from the Secretary of State. In doing so, the Black male vote total was 46,016, in comparison to 38,792 in 2018. We at Black Voters Matter never doubted the commitment of Black voters to use the ballot box to bring about change.”
Maybe we should put one on every block in the country…with how hard some people here are making it sound to vote.
Here's a question for you and other people: How long would you be willing to wait in line to vote?

Voter Suppression!!!!

Here's a question for you and other people: How long would you be willing to wait in line to vote?
Willing or want? Willing I guess 2hrs. Reasonable 30 min.

What’s that have to do with drop boxes?

Voter Suppression!!!!

Nothing. It was more to do with voter suppression in general. Just curious what people's experiences and wait times they would put up with.

I am spoiled since where I vote only has a population of a few hundred to do. I would probably turn around if it was more than about 20mins to vote. :lol:

Voter Suppression!!!!

Nothing. It was more to do with voter suppression in general. Just curious what people's experiences and wait times they would put up with.

I am spoiled since where I vote only has a population of a few hundred to do. I would probably turn around if it was more than about 20mins to vote. :lol:
With so many options to vote (in GA early voting spanning days, mail in voting, Election Day), im just not sure what there is to complain about. If it’s important to you to not wait in line then you have other options.

But we’re good at complaining, we’ll always lead the planet on that front. Even better when we can complain and virtue signal at the same time.

Ps. I’m using you and we in the aggregate

Voter Suppression!!!!

If people are waiting in a line more than 10 mins then it needs to happen.

Mail-in option should also be available.

Voter Suppression!!!!

With so many options to vote (in GA early voting spanning days, mail in voting, Election Day), im just not sure what there is to complain about. If it’s important to you to not wait in line then you have other options.

But we’re good at complaining, we’ll always lead the planet on that front. Even better when we can complain and virtue signal at the same time.

Just saying I get it. I could not tell you what other options I have in WI, so I understand that part.

My vote would easily be suppressed with a 20min line. Could not imagine standing for multiple hours to vote.

Voter Suppression!!!!

Waiting in line outdoors is no big deal unless you live in the North and it potentially involves rain, snow or below zero windchill. And in the inner city absentee voting may also involve waiting outdoors. While in Minnesota we need not have a reason to vote early some states do.

Voter Suppression!!!!

Waiting in line outdoors is no big deal unless you live in the North and it potentially involves rain, snow or below zero windchill. And in the inner city absentee voting may also involve waiting outdoors. While in Minnesota we need not have a reason to vote early some states do.
Nah, waiting in long lines should not be a thing, I don't care if it's inside or out personally, but yes it's worse if extreme weather is possible.

People have **** to do. I work until 3 or 4 then have to chase around with the kids and Tuesdays are usually busy sport nights. My situation is not unique.

It's 2022. We can transfer billions of dollars on the internet and do damn near everything online. It's silly that we can't figure out voting that way, IF not, have a ridiculously easy mail in system. If we aren't willing to do these things, we need a federal day to vote- no work, no school, no church, no excuses.

Voter Suppression!!!!

Just saying I get it. I could not tell you what other options I have in WI, so I understand that part.

My vote would easily be suppressed with a 20min line. Could not imagine standing for multiple hours to vote.
Idk how many states offer voting by mail. I just tell them I’m going out of town for work.

Voter Suppression!!!!

Idk how many states offer voting by mail. I just tell them I’m going out of town for work.
I don't think many people could ditch work like, but I could be wrong there. I've taken extended breaks on those days to vote in the past, but so far have been able to squeeze it in before or after work, but that's only because the longest I've had to wait yet is about 5mins.

Voter Suppression!!!!

I don't think many people could ditch work like, but I could be wrong there. I've taken extended breaks on those days to vote in the past, but so far have been able to squeeze it in before or after work, but that's only because the longest I've had to wait yet is about 5mins.
My town is like that also. It would suck for people here who work in South Bend (30 min), Kalamazoo or Chicago (60-80 min+), then go vote.

Headline of the article in the OP is poorly written. It is a record amount compared to other mid-terms, but the numbers still lag 2020 by a few tens of thousands. Good news regardless. :thumbup:

Headline of the article in the OP is poorly written. It is a record amount compared to other mid-terms, but the numbers still lag 2020 by a few tens of thousands. Good news regardless. :thumbup:
Midterms will always be lower. no anti-trump fortification of elections this time around either. The importance of elections could be Trump’s biggest contribution, who would have thought that?

For the "more people voting" crowd. It is a great thing and not a conspiracy theory. Unfortunately, the conspiracy theory was the Democrats messaging of "Jim Crow 2.0" nonsense. More people engaged and actively voting is fine by me. 👍

I'm kind of on the fence. Sometimes I think that not everyone should be voting and sometimes I do. However, I don't know if that's even possible to separate out. I don't want a bunch of idiots with no skin in the game voting but I also don't want it to be just a bunch of rich dilatants either.

If there was some way we could have some kind of "voting intelligence" test I might be on board with that but I suppose that could be nefariously crafted by whoever is in power at the moment to only allow their voters. Crap. There is no good way. The problem appears to be people in general. :lol:

For the "more people voting" crowd. It is a great thing and not a conspiracy theory. Unfortunately, the conspiracy theory was the Democrats messaging of "Jim Crow 2.0" nonsense. More people engaged and actively voting is fine by me. 👍

I'm kind of on the fence. Sometimes I think that not everyone should be voting and sometimes I do. However, I don't know if that's even possible to separate out. I don't want a bunch of idiots with no skin in the game voting but I also don't want it to be just a bunch of rich dilatants either.

If there was some way we could have some kind of "voting intelligence" test I might be on board with that but I suppose that could be nefariously crafted by whoever is in power at the moment to only allow their voters. Crap. There is no good way. The problem appears to be people in general. :lol:
Everyone eligible to vote, idiot or not, deserves too. But I understand your position 😆

Anytime you go as hyperbolic as "Jim Crow 2.0", you are going to look silly and it's probably going to backfire on you in the public arena. Calmly discussing concerns, and the outcome doesn't disprove those concerns, is always the better way to go. Sadly that is not our state of politics.

NOOOO!!!! Vote for me!!!!

I have it on good authority that @dkp993 regularly kicks puppies, addresses other guys as "brah" and repeatedly uses the phrase "It is what it is". He's wrong for the Politics Forum and wrong for America.

I'm Ignatius J. Reilly and I approve this message

I have it on good authority that @dkp993 regularly kicks puppies, addresses other guys as "brah" and repeatedly uses the phrase "It is what it is". He's wrong for the Politics Forum and wrong for America.

Well you are close. I absolutely don’t kick puppies (love dogs and own a Boxer), don’t say “brah” but do say “bro” or “brother” a fair amount and love “it is what it is” and say it frequently. I’m 100% needed in the PSF as someone has to be the independent* and am the absolute best thing for America.

All that said, please don’t vote for me.

*that’s for you BR.

I’m going to employ the Fist Bump Platform. Wish me luck.

Well you are close. I absolutely don’t kick puppies (love dogs and own a Boxer), don’t say “brah” but do say “bro” or “brother” a fair amount and love “it is what it is” and say it frequently. I’m 100% needed in the PSF as someone has to be the independent* and am the absolute best thing for America.

*that’s for you BR.
The dreaded background check is a killer. Looking for a disgruntled ex-employee also.

*that’s for you BR.
The dreaded background check is a killer. Looking for a disgruntled ex-employee also.
Nah, I’m a great boss. No worries there. 😉

That son of a...

Y'know, I always suspected he was guilty of all that stuff. I can't believe he fooled me this entire time. :doh:

It's done. @ignatiusjreilly is now my write-in candidate based on your valid and not-baseless report.

Ignatiousjreilly he's our man! If he can't do it, nobody can!

*that’s for you BR.
Oh, don't worry. Not after the 10/24 @ignatiusjreilly Select Committee issued its report.

I don't vote for dog kickers and especially don't vote for those who abuse the English language like you apparently do.

In fact, it's also been reported that you abuse "In lieu of" and "You know what I'm sayin'?" quite regularly too.

Users who are viewing this thread