What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Minnesota Vikings Team Thread (1 Viewer)

I am still not that into the 2024 draft class yet. But looking at some top 100 type boards what I am seeing besides the QBs and 3 WR who are all rated top 10 type picks (and not needs for the Vikings if they do re-sign Kirk Cousins) there are several offensive linemen that are highly regarded. So with pick 11 the Vikings might be able to get a good player there. Which would help. While the Vikings only truly need one guard to fill out the starting 5 I would really like to see them replace Bradbury who hasn't been as bad but still is not that great either.

There are quite a few corners and edge players to consider. A MLB who could also play Edge might be the best option but I am not sure if such a player is available in this draft and perhaps not worthy of pick 11 if there is. Something I will be looking into more in days ahead.

Who are the players you think the Vikings should be targeting with pick 11?
Trade up for a QB. It's time. I know it will cost a lot but how long until they get a pick this high again?
Which QB?

I do think this is what an offensive minded HC and the new GM have been tasked to do. You dont want Rich Spielman selecting QBs for you thats for sure.

Pick 11 makes me nervous. That is around where the Vikings got Ponder. It was a wasted pick. On the other hand some great QBs have been selected near that pick from draft classes that had perhaps better options. Mahomes and Big Ben are a couple who come to mind immediately. The Bears just messed up taking Christian Trubisky over Mahomes. If the Vikings pick wrong, that could be what happens.

It seems like there are 3 QB who are being considered in the top 10 picks then another two or 3 QBs who are being considered later on in the draft. After pick 11.

Caleb Williams Drake Maye seem like the top 2 then Jayde Daniels is the next one. Phenix and Nix are still highly regarded just not as high as these 3 are.

So which one does the Vikings trade up for? Could they still get their guy at pick 11?

I am in favor of trading back a bit and taking a DT. Looks like the one's that are available aren't projected to go that high so I would trade back a bit. If they don't go DT, then go EDGE. Defensive line HAS to be fixed.

I am in favor of trading back a bit and taking a DT. Looks like the one's that are available aren't projected to go that high so I would trade back a bit. If they don't go DT, then go EDGE. Defensive line HAS to be fixed.
I'm sure you would get agreement from me and Big Jim about this.

The team seems intent on being a good offense. I saw a mock recently that has the Vikings taking WR again with their first pick.

Not that I agree with this but if for whatever reason the Vikings part ways with Jefferson I don't really think Addison is a alpha WR and with Hockenson possibly out in the early part of the season they actually maybe do have needs there as well.

Which DTs are you looking at specifically?

I am a defensive oriented person when it comes to this but the compromise to me would be offensive line, and there are some top 5 tackles in this draft that might fall to pick 11. If the offensive lineman is a better player than the DT I could see doing that although defense is the greater need.

Again outstanding what Flores was able to do with these players last season but all it took was a few injuries and that kind of fell apart towards the end. They need more talent everywhere.

First and foremost, they have to lockup the QB position. Whether this means re-signing Kirk to a multi-year deal and drafting his successor, or letting Kirk walk, signing a vet, and also drafting a QB. The ideal scenario for me is signing Kirk, and taking a QB in the 1st round.
The second order of business needs to be locking up JJ long-term. 5 years, $170 feels right. Everything after this needs to be focused on the defense. An aging D-Line, subpar LBs, and an aging AND subpar secondary all need attention via the draft and free agency.

Prepare to be shocked, but I'd trade #11 and 2025 #1 to move up and draft QB Jayden Daniels.

Prepare to be shocked, but I'd trade #11 and 2025 #1 to move up and draft QB Jayden Daniels.
I have no problem with that approach if you had a crystal ball and knew what you were getting. QB is so hard to evaluate for the jump from college to pro. It really is an ultimate crap shoot.

I still think Cousins is fine for another few years but would like a favorable contract to help replenish elsewhere. I would rather use the high pick on line help (either side) if there is a player worthy of that type selection (pick 11). If there isn't then I wouldn't force a guy there just because "we need someone at that position". As much as I would dislike going WR in that spot the key is to get a player that will be a starter. I hate to compare it to FF dynasty drafts but forcing a position of need for a lesser player rarely is a good idea. I think that is the same for NFL. Best player available seems like it should be the best approach and I am just not sure if the Vikes will do that.

I am liking Daniels as well but remember needing a competent offensive line for a QB to actually have a good chance to develop?

Is the Vikings offensive line good enough yet? I'm not sure. It's awhile out but ONeil is starting to get older as well.

I have no problem with that approach if you had a crystal ball and knew what you were getting. QB is so hard to evaluate for the jump from college to pro. It really is an ultimate crap shoot.

I still think Cousins is fine for another few years but would like a favorable contract to help replenish elsewhere. I would rather use the high pick on line help (either side) if there is a player worthy of that type selection (pick 11). If there isn't then I wouldn't force a guy there just because "we need someone at that position". As much as I would dislike going WR in that spot the key is to get a player that will be a starter. I hate to compare it to FF dynasty drafts but forcing a position of need for a lesser player rarely is a good idea. I think that is the same for NFL. Best player available seems like it should be the best approach and I am just not sure if the Vikes will do that.
I think for the most part the Vikings have selected BPA more often than not but they have shoe horned need at times also. Sometimes these things met. Other times it didn't.

Mismanagement the year prior to Favre being done and after that was terrible.

They drafted Gerhardt the year prior but mostly mailed it in wanting to run it back. Then after they took Ponder because their pants were down.

Cousins is fine but I've given up all hope of the Vikes creating 'workspace' for a statuesque pocket passer. They either won't or can't. Next option: Making opponents pay for 3 defenders meeting in the pocket. Hopefully knowledge that a guy can run for 40 yards will help slow the pass rush.

I am liking Daniels as well but remember needing a competent offensive line for a QB to actually have a good chance to develop?

Is the Vikings offensive line good enough yet? I'm not sure. It's awhile out but ONeil is starting to get older as well.
No, it's definitely not good enough for Cousins. I still believe it is the right approach to building but I don't think it ever will be our reality. The Vikes should not kid themselves and draft the next would be pocket passer in the current state of the team (i.e. I'll jump right out a window if they draft an injury prone Penix or a traditional pocket passer like McCarthy). That's going to end just like Ponder/TJack, and I'll see y'all in 3 years if it happens.

However, I do wonder what results when you have a QB who is every bit the runner Lamar Jackson is. Will guys still pin their ears back and rush reckless abandon against a soft OL like they have, or will they need to be more cautious even on passing downs? It's hard to say. I've seen Lamar as a comparable for Daniels but I see Randall Cunningham when I see him run and pass. Call me crazy, but as a prospect I prefer him to Caleb.

A few months ago I would have said to resign Cousins and run it back but with how brutal our division is going to be in the short term, I almost wonder if a rebuild of sorts is in order. I guess you could do both in theory, but it just gives us draft picks like #11 instead of top 5. There is little talent on defense and o line needs help as always.

No, it's definitely not good enough for Cousins. I still believe it is the right approach to building but I don't think it ever will be our reality. The Vikes should not kid themselves and draft the next would be pocket passer in the current state of the team (i.e. I'll jump right out a window if they draft an injury prone Penix or a traditional pocket passer like McCarthy). That's going to end just like Ponder/TJack, and I'll see y'all in 3 years if it happens.

However, I do wonder what results when you have a QB who is every bit the runner Lamar Jackson is. Will guys still pin their ears back and rush reckless abandon against a soft OL like they have, or will they need to be more cautious even on passing downs? It's hard to say. I've seen Lamar as a comparable for Daniels but I see Randall Cunningham when I see him run and pass. Call me crazy, but as a prospect I prefer him to Caleb.
I think the offensive line has made some progress which is why it would be nice to see the team finish that process.

I think Ezra Cleveland was decent but them trading him away showed me they intend to pinch pennies there and as such it will always have holes to fill.

Maybe a mobile QB can make the difference. What little we saw of Dobbs though doesn't tell me KOC has a whole bunch of plays on tap for a mobile QB though.

I understand that they can't reinvent that much midseason but they also didn't add much to the playbook for him. OC is a drunk and should likely be replaced. I have had it with yes man Wes. He brings nothing to this team.

I think the offensive line has made some progress which is why it would be nice to see the team finish that process.

I think Ezra Cleveland was decent but them trading him away showed me they intend to pinch pennies there and as such it will always have holes to fill.

Maybe a mobile QB can make the difference. What little we saw of Dobbs though doesn't tell me KOC has a whole bunch of plays on tap for a mobile QB though.

I understand that they can't reinvent that much midseason but they also didn't add much to the playbook for him. OC is a drunk and should likely be replaced. I have had it with yes man Wes. He brings nothing to this team.
My recollection is they chipped in the games where the OL looked better (for sure against SF), and looked bad as the season progressed whenever they didn't help the OL out. To me that's not actually proof of improvement, but rather inconsistent handling of weakness. I don't think they can do much until they move on from Bradbury, JMHO. Though, if you are correct, and they have improved in ways I'm not seeing, that only makes it more a slam dunk on this being their best opportunity for a QB of the future.

I think the top 3 QBs in this class are elite, and that is rarely the case when the Vikes have a chip/chair. If MHJ goes 1-3, all the Vikes would likely need to do is get to 7. Getting to 10-7 in another year with Cousins only achieves opportunity to find a far more speculative QBOTF in 2025, and could well put the front office into 'reach mode' like they've been before in lesser classes.

Look at it this way, Anthony Richardson passed for 2500/17 TDs and rushed 654/9 TDs against SEC competition and was drafted #4. Much less proven than Daniels, who amassed 3800/40 TDs passing and 1134/10 TDs rushing against SEC competition. This franchise needs to grow the heck up and stop dreaming about the likes of TJoke/Ponder/Bridgewater/Jaren Hall becoming a surprise superstar. They are competing against teams who drafted guys who actually deserved to be thought of as elite prospects. It's right there for them.

My recollection is they chipped in the games where the OL looked better (for sure against SF), and looked bad as the season progressed whenever they didn't help the OL out. To me that's not actually proof of improvement, but rather inconsistent handling of weakness. I don't think they can do much until they move on from Bradbury, JMHO. Though, if you are correct, and they have improved in ways I'm not seeing, that only makes it more a slam dunk on this being their best opportunity for a QB of the future.

I think the top 3 QBs in this class are elite, and that is rarely the case when the Vikes have a chip/chair. If MHJ goes 1-3, all the Vikes would likely need to do is get to 7. Getting to 10-7 in another year with Cousins only achieves opportunity to find a far more speculative QBOTF in 2025, and could well put the front office into 'reach mode' like they've been before in lesser classes.

Look at it this way, Anthony Richardson passed for 2500/17 TDs and rushed 654/9 TDs against SEC competition and was drafted #4. Much less proven than Daniels, who amassed 3800/40 TDs passing and 1134/10 TDs rushing against SEC competition. This franchise needs to grow the heck up and stop dreaming about the likes of TJoke/Ponder/Bridgewater/Jaren Hall becoming a surprise superstar. They are competing against teams who drafted guys who actually deserved to be thought of as elite prospects. It's right there for them.
In regards to the chipping yes they should likely do that more. Maybe Bradbury can play the center more when they do that. Just fill more gaps. But they want Hockenson out on routes quickly most of the time. So they dont have him chip. I was looking back at this and this was I think the first game for Risner at left guard? Maybe he had a lot of stored up energy from not playing yet that season and played really well in this game, but his play got worse over time as he got worn down. Sometimes he just looked sluggish to me. Its kind of strange how they want their guards to be like this. He was a great asset for this game though. Perhaps signing some free agent linemen during the season is a good idea?

I also haven't been impressed with Bradbury but like in so many ways this new staff has decided to run it back. I think Bradbury is under contract through 2025. Some observations is that he was helping Ingram at RG in pass protection most of the time. Cleveland and Darrrisaw had some nice timing together.As Cleveland wasn't getting help from Bradbury he was on his own against stunts attacking that A gap. SO yeah he looked bad because of that sometimes. As a former 2nd round pick they just dont want to pay him the contract he will be expecting. Although doing so even if Cleveland got beat out by another player they get he would still be solid depth and maybe they could have him practice at tackle more if he were a back up. I like him better than Bradbury anyways. Ingram is the cheapest right now.

I have been reading some things that make me wonder about Drake Maye but you may be right. If these QB are that good then perhaps they all go top 5?

In regards to the chipping yes they should likely do that more. Maybe Bradbury can play the center more when they do that. Just fill more gaps. But they want Hockenson out on routes quickly most of the time. So they dont have him chip. I was looking back at this and this was I think the first game for Risner at left guard? Maybe he had a lot of stored up energy from not playing yet that season and played really well in this game, but his play got worse over time as he got worn down. Sometimes he just looked sluggish to me. Its kind of strange how they want their guards to be like this. He was a great asset for this game though. Perhaps signing some free agent linemen during the season is a good idea?

I also haven't been impressed with Bradbury but like in so many ways this new staff has decided to run it back. I think Bradbury is under contract through 2025. Some observations is that he was helping Ingram at RG in pass protection most of the time. Cleveland and Darrrisaw had some nice timing together.As Cleveland wasn't getting help from Bradbury he was on his own against stunts attacking that A gap. SO yeah he looked bad because of that sometimes. As a former 2nd round pick they just dont want to pay him the contract he will be expecting. Although doing so even if Cleveland got beat out by another player they get he would still be solid depth and maybe they could have him practice at tackle more if he were a back up. I like him better than Bradbury anyways. Ingram is the cheapest right now.

I have been reading some things that make me wonder about Drake Maye but you may be right. If these QB are that good then perhaps they all go top 5?
I love Maye, but not on this team.

I'm seeing mocks for CB, mocks for DE, mocks taking Penix/McCarthy. What the Vikes have done the past two years under this regime is gifting away a nice 1st to take a horse dung Cine later and taking 170 lb soaking wet WR. We just need to be realistic that this team likely ain't doing what it should be doing in the 1st regardless. There are real needs across the lineup, but solving QBOTF is a once in a decade opportunity you pounce on if given the opportunity after a down year. Finding talent at other positions theoretically is easier with midround picks than finding a QB. If we can't identify talent for other positions outside the 1st (the past two seasons are worrisome) then it really doesn't matter what they do in the 1st anyway. At least you walk away with a possible difference maker at a key position for the next regime. How Daniels fed Nabers/Thomas Jr. should thrill those hoping we can find a way to best use JJ/Addison. And for JJ, the added benefit of having a LSU alum brought onboard may be worth something.

I'm seeing mocks for CB, mocks for DE, mocks taking Penix/McCarthy. What the Vikes have done the past two years under this regime is gifting away a nice 1st to take a horse dung Cine later and taking 170 lb soaking wet WR. We just need to be realistic that this team likely ain't doing what it should be doing in the 1st regardless. There are real needs across the lineup, but solving QBOTF is a once in a decade opportunity you pounce on if given the opportunity after a down year. Finding talent at other positions theoretically is easier with midround picks than finding a QB. If we can't identify talent for other positions outside the 1st (the past two seasons are worrisome) then it really doesn't matter what they do in the 1st anyway. At least you walk away with a possible difference maker at a key position for the next regime. How Daniels fed Nabers/Thomas Jr. should thrill those hoping we can find a way to best use JJ/Addison. And for JJ, the added benefit of having a LSU alum brought onboard may be worth something.
That all makes sense.

What is the price though?

If the QBs are this good is there a price?

I am still not that into the 2024 draft class yet. But looking at some top 100 type boards what I am seeing besides the QBs and 3 WR who are all rated top 10 type picks (and not needs for the Vikings if they do re-sign Kirk Cousins) there are several offensive linemen that are highly regarded. So with pick 11 the Vikings might be able to get a good player there. Which would help. While the Vikings only truly need one guard to fill out the starting 5 I would really like to see them replace Bradbury who hasn't been as bad but still is not that great either.

There are quite a few corners and edge players to consider. A MLB who could also play Edge might be the best option but I am not sure if such a player is available in this draft and perhaps not worthy of pick 11 if there is. Something I will be looking into more in days ahead.

Who are the players you think the Vikings should be targeting with pick 11?
Trade up for a QB. It's time. I know it will cost a lot but how long until they get a pick this high again?
With all the holes possibly needing to be fixed (loss of Hunter, Kirk, etc.) There's a better than 50/50 chance they will be drafting higher next year :kicksrock:

That all makes sense.

I’d joke and say Kwesi should find someone who uses his draft calc chart and it should be cheap… but think 2024/2025 1st should be enticing to anyone between 3-7. 11 should have value. Whatever the standard trade chart says I’d do without hesitation. Imagine, a legit dual threat quarterback to breathe some hope into the franchise.

Last edited:

That all makes sense.

I’d joke and say Kwesi should find someone who uses his draft calc chart and it should be cheap… but think 2024/2025 1st should be enticing to anyone between 3-7. 11 should have value. Whatever the standard trade chart says I’d do without hesitation. Imagine, a legit dual threat quarterback to breathe some hope into the franchise.
Yes please

The trade below was modeled after a similar move last year, when the Cardinals moved up from No. 12 to No. 6, giving up a second- and fifth-rounder but getting a third back.

Trade package: Vikings receive picks Nos. 7 and 102; Titans receive 11, 42 and 153.

If that netted our franchise QB, I'd run to the podium. Not having to give a future first? Sign me up.

While this is great and all I am just preparing for the scenario where the Vikings are not able to trade up for a QB because 2 or more QB are already gone by pick 5.

While this is great and all I am just preparing for the scenario where the Vikings are not able to trade up for a QB because 2 or more QB are already gone by pick 5.
That's a definite (2 QB's gone in first 5). New England will be listening for offers from teams targeting both QB/MHJ. If MHJ, then Arizona/Chargers/Giants already have QB. Titans got some positive results from Levis and may too look to monetize 7 and may be the best bet to stay in front of Atlanta. Where there's a will, there's a way.

That's a definite (2 QB's gone in first 5). New England will be listening for offers from teams targeting both QB/MHJ. If MHJ, then Arizona/Chargers/Giants already have QB. Titans got some positive results from Levis and may too look to monetize 7 and may be the best bet to stay in front of Atlanta. Where there's a will, there's a way.
Why would the Titans stick with Levis when they could draft one of these QBs.

I am not saying they shouldn't try and maybe they should move heaven and earth to get a deal done, I just also think there is a strong possibility that such a deal is out of reach and they can't get it done.

So then what?

I am not saying they shouldn't try and maybe they should move heaven and earth to get a deal done, I just also think there is a strong possibility that such a deal is out of reach and they can't get it done.

So then what?
I'm just giving my opinion on what they should try to do. I mean, 3-7 is not some unobtainable thing when you are at 11. If they can't do it, they didn't try hard enough, JMHO. I do think investing pick 33 in Levis last year should indicate they are vested in his development.

So I read a Star Tribune article today that suggested one of the Vikings possible plans at QB would be to trade up to pick 7 and select Jayden Daniels there. So not that costly to move up to pick 7.

I am guessing this is the kind of stuff that is being floated around Vikings media?

I am sorry but this doesn't seem realistic to me. It sounds like a pipe dream where 31 other NFL teams are not trying to make themselves better.

I mean sure IF the Vikings could do that its a no brainer. But instead of wishcasting and being disappointed by unrealistic expectations over the next 2 months why not get real about this?

While Daniels is currently being mocked as the 3rd rookie QB of 2024 and mockers have teams selecting offensive tackles and WRs over him causing Daniels to fall I just see no way this happens.

As we have already discussed because of the offensive line Drake Maye is not the QB the Vikings want. When its all said and done he may be the 3rd QB selected not Daniels.

Do the Vikings want Maye as the 3rd QB off the board if the price were more reasonable that moving up for the other two?

So I read a Star Tribune article today that suggested one of the Vikings possible plans at QB would be to trade up to pick 7 and select Jayden Daniels there. So not that costly to move up to pick 7.

I am guessing this is the kind of stuff that is being floated around Vikings media?

I am sorry but this doesn't seem realistic to me. It sounds like a pipe dream where 31 other NFL teams are not trying to make themselves better.
Respectfully, not every team has the benefit of having #11 to offer. Certainly Atlanta at #8 has an easier ability to trade up. However, some teams are drafting later, and would have to trade much more to position themselves. It’s not that they don’t want to make themselves better; it’s just cost prohibitive to do it this way.

FWIW, from PFT today:

Will Levis: For Amy Adams Strunk to include me as part of the plan is really special​

When the Titans announced the firing of head coach Mike Vrabel after the end of the regular season, owner Amy Adams Strunk’s statement included a reference to quarterback Will Levis.

The statement said that she saw “early signs of progress taking shape” despite a disappointing record and included “a promising young quarterback” as one of those signs. While in Las Vegas on Wednesday, Levis said that being included in ownership’s vision for the future meant a lot to him.

“I know I am part of the plan, and for her to think of me and include me in it is really special and makes me want to work even harder,” Levis said, via the team’s website.

In terms of "other rookie QB options" I encourage anyone considering Bo Nix to watch highlights of Troy Franklin on youtube. Honestly, I can't recall watching a highlight reel with so many underthrows/late throws. It left me pretty impressed with Franklin that he was able to put up such numbers - with so so many missed opportunities for bigger plays if he'd caught anything in stride. Constantly, he's slowing and waiting for the ball to arrive. It's a bad NFL harbinger for Nix, JMHO.

Yeah I want to believe in Nix, Phenix, ect. But I don't think they have "it" and I won't feel optimistic if that is ultimately the plan they go with.

I would rather build other parts of the team than these lower tier QBs.

What's the latest wishful thinking from my fellow Viking fans? I think Cousins is gone to Atlanta. I think they throw $$$ at Jefferson. Not sure if they have enough to bring back Danielle.

At the QB position it seems like Caleb, Drake, and Jayden will be gone in the top 5 if not top 3. Should the Vikings sell the farm to move into the top 3 and get one? Guessing Maye at 3 with the other two gone? Or maybe gamble on JJ McCarthy at 11 if not a spot or 3 higher (or lower)?

I'm really ready for this organization to identify and hit on an exciting long term solution at the QB position. It is way over due.

What's the latest wishful thinking from my fellow Viking fans? I think Cousins is gone to Atlanta. I think they throw $$$ at Jefferson. Not sure if they have enough to bring back Danielle.
Things should clear up a little after FA QBs find new homes. Suspect some of the teams who might be competing will solve QB with Cousins, Wilson, Baker.

Wishful thinking is Vikes wait for a top 3 guy to fall (my $ MHJ goes at 3), and trade into 4/5 since Arizona/Chargers aren’t looking QB and NYG is a wild card at 6. JMHO, any pre draft NY chatter re: Jones is probably smokescreen to instigate trade. But who knows.

Realistically, I’m bracing for Kwesi’s trade value chart to validate some shaky kneed panic trade for a QB outside top 3. Some sort of insanity to move up 4 slots to take JJM at 7. Prove me wrong Kwesi, please.

Last edited:
Ok, new era in Minnesota. Kirk gone and I assume Danielle gone with the new DE signing. Time to get aggressive Kwesi. Lock up JJ with the big contract and trade up to get one of those top rookie QBs.

Ok, new era in Minnesota. Kirk gone and I assume Danielle gone with the new DE signing. Time to get aggressive Kwesi. Lock up JJ with the big contract and trade up to get one of those top rookie QBs.
If you are willing to give 3 1st round picks+ I'd be glad to have my Redskins trade with your Vikings. :drive:

I don't see any free agent QB's worth signing as starter, so they better have a plan to move up, or JJ will ask to go elsewhere and rebuilding we go.. :frown:

I don't see any free agent QB's worth signing as starter, so they better have a plan to move up, or JJ will ask to go elsewhere and rebuilding we go.. :frown:
I’m glad Wilson/Baker are already claimed. Still not the worse year for the bandaid to be ripped off. I’ve come around on JJM after watching more of him. If that breaks the bank maybe offer a conditional 2025 for Fields and still draft Pennix at 11 to compete.

I'm 99% convinced the Vikings will sell the farm to move up for a QB.

I also think the team hopes it's an ideal world and Darnold can start this year as they develop the rookie.

I put the over/under of number of games Darnold actually starts at 8.

Wow, this really stinks for MN fans. I feel for you guys, and I cheer for the Jets. That says a lot right now.

Darnold is terrible. You'll find out soon enough. I'll bet he's got a decent game or two in him, but not much more than that. He looks like a deer in headlights when things start to move a little bit fast.

I hope I'm wrong about all this. JJ deserves better than the Sam I've watched. Hate to see a young WR stud with no QB. I watched it all last year with Garrett Wilson, and it's very frustrating as a fan to see it.

Wow, this really stinks for MN fans. I feel for you guys, and I cheer for the Jets. That says a lot right now.

Darnold is terrible. You'll find out soon enough. I'll bet he's got a decent game or two in him, but not much more than that. He looks like a deer in headlights when things start to move a little bit fast.

I hope I'm wrong about all this. JJ deserves better than the Sam I've watched. Hate to see a young WR stud with no QB. I watched it all last year with Garrett Wilson, and it's very frustrating as a fan to see it.
Oh I know about how bad Darnold is. Known that since before the Jets drafted him.

He SUCKS! Why oh why did they sign him?

Jefferson puts up numbers regardless of the QB. Not worried about him.

Optimism wanes in Minnesota as fans realize that Garrett Bradbury is still their center.

In reality, I am very pleased what Kwesi has done this off-season.

Serious question. How did you feel about Geno Smith when he was a Jet?

Serious question. How did you feel about Geno Smith when he was a Jet?

I don't remember thinking he was the guy. And he never played really well his first two years. His completion percentage was under 60% both years and his performance was subpar. The Jets weren't winning. Then the year he was going to be the starter for the third straight year, somebody punched him and broke his jaw in training camp. We never really got a chance to find out with Geno, but I definitely didn't think he was up to snuff.

If you're using Geno as an example of a Jets player that blossomed late and away from the Jets, I think you ought be apprised that not many quarterbacks who were as bad as Geno was develop into useful starters later on in their careers. It's rare. Geno's is a story that I wouldn't bank on. That's why it has caught everybody by surprise. It just doesn't happen often. We've seen Sam Darnold. He has one of the worst EPA/attempt scores of almost any quarterback drafted in the first round in the past twenty years. It's awful.

So, I wouldn't hang my hat on Bradford having a Geno-like resurgence with the Vikings. It's not likely to happen.

I'm 99% convinced the Vikings will sell the farm to move up for a QB.

I also think the team hopes it's an ideal world and Darnold can start this year as they develop the rookie.

I put the over/under of number of games Darnold actually starts at 8.
At this point they better make some big moves or the over/under on wins will be at 7, and the under would be the winning bet. :frown: :wall: :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread